HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What kind of numbers are you projecting for Kapanen this season?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2003, 11:09 PM
  #1
Unthinkable
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
What kind of numbers are you projecting for Kapanen this season?

Curious what you guys think he'll do this year.

 
Old
09-28-2003, 04:44 AM
  #2
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
25-35-60

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 04:52 AM
  #3
The Seeker 25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hockey Falls, PA
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
Curious what you guys think he'll do this year.
20-25-45

The Seeker 25 is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 05:34 AM
  #4
fararden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
For Kapanen, a lot will depend on his linemates... Will he skate with Primeau and Brashear, or will he move up to top line with JR and Amonte... Either way he should see some PP time...

my guess is 23G / 27A = 50pts

fararden is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 05:57 AM
  #5
sinisalo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 272
vCash: 500
12-20-32

sinisalo is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 07:22 AM
  #6
SouthFlyer82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,637
vCash: 500
18 Goals and 60 points

SouthFlyer82 is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 09:11 AM
  #7
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlyer82
18 Goals and 60 points
I think 60 points is a huge stretch, even with PP time and playing with Amonte and Roenick (which he probably won't do the entire season). 50 is do-able if he has a good year, though this is probably still not realistic. I say 44 points with around 18-22 goals. He's a solid player, but I would put him in the same class as Williams and Somik; a potential 20 goal scoring winger with speed and is good defensively. Basically nothing special. His biggest contribution will be in helping Pitkanen acclimate to the NHL since Joni doesn't speak a word of english.

MojoJojo is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 12:54 PM
  #8
Sampe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vantaa
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I think 60 points is a huge stretch, even with PP time and playing with Amonte and Roenick (which he probably won't do the entire season). 50 is do-able if he has a good year, though this is probably still not realistic. I say 44 points with around 18-22 goals. He's a solid player, but I would put him in the same class as Williams and Somik; a potential 20 goal scoring winger with speed and is good defensively. Basically nothing special. His biggest contribution will be in helping Pitkanen acclimate to the NHL since Joni doesn't speak a word of english.
1997-98 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 81 26 37 63
1998-99 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 81 24 35 59
1999-00 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 76 24 24 48
2000-01 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 82 20 37 57
2001-02 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 77 27 42 69

60 points a huge stretch and 50 points still not realistic? Care to elaborate?

Sampe is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 01:35 PM
  #9
blah
Registered User
 
blah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
He had 31 in 71 last year and he was given a lot of IT.

Roenick had 59 points last year leading the team. Hitch said Kap would be on the 3rd line w/ Prims and Brashear.

60 points does look like a reach for Kapanen at this point.

blah is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 04:12 PM
  #10
Unthinkable
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Appreciate all the good insight guys. Thanks.

 
Old
09-28-2003, 04:33 PM
  #11
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampe
1997-98 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 81 26 37 63
1998-99 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 81 24 35 59
1999-00 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 76 24 24 48
2000-01 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 82 20 37 57
2001-02 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 77 27 42 69

60 points a huge stretch and 50 points still not realistic? Care to elaborate?
His linemates are Brashear and Primeau, he will be going up against the top lines all season and Hitch said that line was set in stone. Thats why he will not repeat those numbers.

Steve L* is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 05:42 PM
  #12
Vincent Vega
GGTK
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
His linemates are Brashear and Primeau, he will be going up against the top lines all season and Hitch said that line was set in stone. Thats why he will not repeat those numbers.
So are the other two lines Amonte - Roenick - LeClair and Williams - Handzus - Gagne? If he is on the checking line I think he will put up 40 points.

Vincent Vega is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 06:26 PM
  #13
crackerzack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Center City
Country: United States
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
His linemates are Brashear and Primeau, he will be going up against the top lines all season and Hitch said that line was set in stone. Thats why he will not repeat those numbers.
No line is set in stone.

crackerzack is offline  
Old
09-28-2003, 07:13 PM
  #14
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerzack
No line is set in stone.

exactly, Hitchcock is known for his line juggling, I wish Somik would play with Primeau and Kapanen

RoDu is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 03:49 AM
  #15
MojoJojo
Registered User
 
MojoJojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 9,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampe
60 points a huge stretch and 50 points still not realistic? Care to elaborate?
Well for one thing he has never seemed to get back his scoring touch after wrist surgery. For another, last year he only scored 31, despite averaging almost 19 minutes a game with a lot of time on the top line and the power play.

MojoJojo is offline  
Old
09-29-2003, 04:36 AM
  #16
Steve L*
Registered User
 
Steve L*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southampton, England
Country: England
Posts: 11,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerzack
No line is set in stone.
Hitchcocks exact words were "set in stone"

Steve L* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.