HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rusty Klesla for Marcus Johansson

Old
03-22-2013, 11:46 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Rusty Klesla for Marcus Johansson

Is there any way to make this a fair deal?

Feel free to flame. I've given little thought to this and deserve wrath if it's a poor suggestion.

03-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Only way to make this fair is to add a huge plus coming to Washington.

31 year old dman, for a 22 year old who was recently a 1st round pick? Yikes. He just put up nearly 50 points last year.

My guess? Involve Gormley or Rundblad, and Washington listens. Klesla has very little value.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Is there any way to make this a fair deal?

Feel free to flame. I've given little thought to this and deserve wrath if it's a poor suggestion.
Gormley or Rundblad would seem to be a better starting point, value-wise.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Has Klesla really been that bad? It was just less than a calendar year ago that he had a great playoffs. I can't imagine his value being so low. He's signed to a reasonable contract too.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:10 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Has Klesla really been that bad? It was just less than a calendar year ago that he had a great playoffs. I can't imagine his value being so low. He's signed to a reasonable contract too.
I just think its more of the fact that Johansson has such a higher ceiling than Klesla ever had/has, plus Klesla is 31 years old now, I don't think he contains enough value to fetch a guy like Johansson.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Klesla has been excellent. Rock solid D. He's a highly effective player.

The Coyotes have tough choices to make concerning their payroll budget, should they remain in Glendale another year. With OEL's raise, and Boedker's inevitable big raise, they're going to have to trim some salary if they want to keep Smith. That means letting guys like Sullivan and Moss walk andattempting to replace them with cheaper players. We can probably replace Moss from within. Sullivan, though, is supposed to be a top six winger. We don't have any of those ready within the system and would likely need to trade or sign for a replacement. UFAs aren't really an option because they're too expensive. So that leaves trades. Obviously, if we are going to trade for a weakness (forward) we need to deal from a strength (D). I can't see any of OEL, Michalek, Yandle or Morris going anywhere. All of Schlemko, Stone, and Rundblad are cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to deal them. That leaves Klesla. He has done nothing wrong to deserve a trade, or anything. He's just as good a candidate as anyone, I guess.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

Mojo been playing much better since coming back from injury, he is prolly off the trade block now.

Ovechkins Wodka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Halpysback

If caps add could they get Korpi back somehow as well?

Basis fairly solid, Klesla + 2nd for Johansson + 3rd/4th I think would be even value.

Halpysback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:26 PM
TOML

Phoenix says no right now. Maybe at the draft.

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

I could see this working if the Caps decide to keep Ribeiro (and Ribeiro decides to stay here). If McPhee really wants to go for it next year, Klesla would be a huge addition for our defense, considering we're looking at Erskine or Schultz as our full time 2LD otherwise.

If Ribeiro is gone though, we really can't afford to move Johansson, what with Perrault then being our full time 2C. And if he's gone, we're not going to be contending anyway, so Klesla wouldn't make much sense on his current contract.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:54 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
If caps add could they get Korpi back somehow as well?

Basis fairly solid, Klesla + 2nd for Johansson + 3rd/4th I think would be even value.
I can't see Korpi going anywhere. He's a great Tippett player. I'd be okay with something similar to what you've proposed. I'd also be willing to add Viktor Tikhonov and/or David Moss in there somewhere. Maybe even Chris Summers, who is a really solid prospect, who I really do like a whole lot, but seems a bit lost in the depth chart. Anything reasonable that will make it work around a basis of Klesla for Johansson would be good for me. Obviously Johansson is a big gamble (four concussions, is it?), but if he weren't I wouldn't even be trying to pry him away for a vet D and some smaller pieces.

Last edited by rt: 03-22-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 05:14 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Phoenix says no right now. Maybe at the draft.

TOML
Other than Shane Doan, the Coyotes have been almost completely and totally incapable of scoring any goals of any kind. Zbynek Michalek will be back sooner than later. We need a forward if we are going to have a shot at making a run for eighth place. We need a guy with at least have decent offensive capability but that can also actually get playing time under a guy like Tippett. Marcus Johansson strikes me as that type of guy.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
I can't see Korpi going anywhere. He's a great Tippett player. I'd be okay with something similar to what you've proposed. I'd also be willing to add Viktor Tikhonov and/or David Moss in there somewhere. Maybe even Chris Summers, who is a really solid prospect, who I really do like a whole lot, but seems a bit lost in the depth chart. Anything reasonable that will make it work around a basis of Klesla for Johansson would be good for me. Obviously Johansson is a big gamble (four concussions, is it?), but if he weren't I wouldn't even be trying to pry him away for a vet D and some smaller pieces.
Summers, Klesla and Tikhonov?

I'd do it.

Johansson seems like he'd fit both on Phoenix's speed line and the Hanzal/Vrbata line pretty well.

Halpysback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Other than Shane Doan, the Coyotes have been almost completely and totally incapable of scoring any goals of any kind. Zbynek Michalek will be back sooner than later. We need a forward if we are going to have a shot at making a run for eighth place. We need a guy with at least have decent offensive capability but that can also actually get playing time under a guy like Tippett. Marcus Johansson strikes me as that type of guy.
Like I mentioned in the other thread, what about Drew Stafford? Not as young with potential like Johansson, but more proven and is a guy who is paid to score goals. He's just not getting it done in Buffalo anymore. I could see a change in scenery doing him good.

Stafford for Klesla + Gordon? Buffalo could add. Phoenix sends Gordon our way to balance out the cap hits. Buffalo could always add a pick/prospect to even it out if the value's not quite there and Phoenix wouldn't have to take on additional cap space. I'd love to get a defenseman that can actually play solid defense besides Ehrhoff and Regehr and Gordon is a good faceoff-man and a very good PK'er.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Boedker89

Quote:
Like I mentioned in the other thread, what about Drew Stafford? Not as young with potential like Johansson, but more proven and is a guy who is paid to score goals. He's just not getting it done in Buffalo anymore. I could see a change in scenery doing him good.

Stafford for Klesla + Gordon? Buffalo could add. Phoenix sends Gordon our way to balance out the cap hits. Buffalo could always add a pick/prospect to even it out if the value's not quite there and Phoenix wouldn't have to take on additional cap space. I'd love to get a defenseman that can actually play solid defense besides Ehrhoff and Regehr and Gordon is a good faceoff-man and a very good PK'er.
No Gordon. Elite on faceoffs and key for our PK.

Boedker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Klesla has been excellent. Rock solid D. He's a highly effective player.

The Coyotes have tough choices to make concerning their payroll budget, should they remain in Glendale another year. With OEL's raise, and Boedker's inevitable big raise, they're going to have to trim some salary if they want to keep Smith. That means letting guys like Sullivan and Moss walk andattempting to replace them with cheaper players. We can probably replace Moss from within. Sullivan, though, is supposed to be a top six winger. We don't have any of those ready within the system and would likely need to trade or sign for a replacement. UFAs aren't really an option because they're too expensive. So that leaves trades. Obviously, if we are going to trade for a weakness (forward) we need to deal from a strength (D). I can't see any of OEL, Michalek, Yandle or Morris going anywhere. All of Schlemko, Stone, and Rundblad are cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to deal them. That leaves Klesla. He has done nothing wrong to deserve a trade, or anything. He's just as good a candidate as anyone, I guess.
I think I may trade Michalek before Klesla being that Klesla is a UFA before Michalek, and is cheaper than Michalek. I would think Summers will be traded shortly as he is a UFA. Moss can probably be replaced within in, but if he stayed I would not mind. I just want to get rid of Sullivan, and Lombardi. We are not good enough. We have to make changes, simple as that. We have been spending alot of our budget for depth players that are over the hill.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

I don't like Stafford's price tag.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Jakey53

Quote:

How about Klesla and Moss for Stafford and Ott?

Old
03-22-2013, 08:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I will stick my thumbs into my frontal lobe via my ocular cavities if we trade for Steve Ott.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
I think I may trade Michalek before Klesla being that Klesla is a UFA before Michalek, and is cheaper than Michalek. I would think Summers will be traded shortly as he is a UFA. Moss can probably be replaced within in, but if he stayed I would not mind. I just want to get rid of Sullivan, and Lombardi. We are not good enough. We have to make changes, simple as that. We have been spending alot of our budget for depth players that are over the hill.
Michalek is too necessary at the moment, imo. Such a great parter for Oel during 5on5 play. Perfect.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Kaibur

I would be really pleased if Maloney could find a way to pull a move like that.

The Coyotes would probably have to kick in a B prospect or exchange picks or something.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:27 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

The Caps need on defense is an all-situations top-4 LD, and barring that, I'd think they'd lean towards a guy with an offensive bent, rather than a defensive one.

Klesla doesn't really offer that.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 12:46 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Would the Caps have any interest in David Moss? Would he and a pick in addition to Klesla be appealing at the draft?

Old
04-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Would the Caps have any interest in David Moss? Would he and a pick in addition to Klesla be appealing at the draft?
Why are you so interested in getting rid of Moss? I think he has played very well this year when healthy.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

With the trade of Forsberg, the uncertainty of Kuznetsov's debut (maybe right after Sochi... maybe not), and Johansson's fit lately on the top line, I'd aver that the Caps have no interest in trading Johansson anytime soon.

I'm not sure that the GM has ever had much interest in dealing him, either. Fans have certainly shopped him, for what little that is worth. McPhee has always seemed to value him highly.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote