HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VI: The 2013 Playoffs Edition, Round 2

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
I really don't get why people care if there is Richards and Carter/Kings hate around here. They're not Flyers anymore. If it hurts you so much go be a Kings fan.
The Richards and Carter hate made no sense when they played here, it continues to make no sense now that they're elsewhere. It never made sense.

05-24-2013, 02:50 PM
ILoveStephanieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The Richards and Carter hate made no sense when they played here, it continues to make no sense now that they're elsewhere. It never made sense.
Maybe not to you man. But people have different perspectives. I myself wouldn't say I hate either of them. That's a strong word. I was never a big Carter fan because I didn't like his style of play and constant injuries toward playoff time. Richards I still do like, but I don't feel the need to defend him at every beck and call like some around here. I have moved on from these two and others should do themselves a favor and do the same. I don't get as attached to players as some do.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:54 PM
ILoveStephanieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
who said it hurts me? i just want to know the logic behind it. thanks for contributing though.

wow some of you guys can be extremely rude
I didn't mean to come off rude but if you don't know the reasoning behind it by now then you probably haven't been paying attention. It's brought up on this board ad nauseum

Old
05-24-2013, 02:55 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Maybe not to you man. But people have different perspectives. I myself wouldn't say I hate either of them. That's a strong word. I was never a big Carter fan because I didn't like his style of play and constant injuries toward playoff time. Richards I still do like, but I don't feel the need to defend him at every beck and call like some around here. I have moved on from these two and others should do themselves a favor and do the same. I don't get as attached to players as some do.
if you are referring to me please just say so. and frankly having an argument/debate about the validaty of some statements thrown around here is not "defend him at every beck and call".

Quote:
I didn't mean to come off rude but if you don't know the reasoning behind it by now then you probably haven't been paying attention. It's brought up on this board ad nauseum
and that's kinda my point, i have payed attention and everybody's reasoning makes little to no logical sense imo. i just want someone to admit that they just don't like them because they aren't on the flyers anymore and they won somewhere else, in other words they are sore.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 05-24-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old
05-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Quote:
Carter was never a favorite of mine, but I appreciated what he brought to the team. What gets me up in arms is when people start bashing him for completely fabricated/weak reasons; being traded doesn't suddenly make all that crap correct.

As for the off ice stuff, I personally just can't bring myself to give a crap about gossip column stuff relating to people I've never even met.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:05 PM
ILoveStephanieBrown

Quote:
if you are referring to me please just say so. and frankly having an argument/debate about the validaty of some statements thrown around here is not "defend him at every beck and call".

and that's kinda my point, i have payed attention and everybody's reasoning makes little to no logical sense imo. i just want someone to admit that they just don't like them because they aren't on the flyers anymore and they won somewhere else, in other words they are sore.
That is part of the reasoning for some people, including myself. But I was never a big Carter fan even when he was here to begin with.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:10 PM
ILoveStephanieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Carter was never a favorite of mine, but I appreciated what he brought to the team. What gets me up in arms is when people start bashing him for completely fabricated/weak reasons; being traded doesn't suddenly make all that crap correct.

As for the off ice stuff, I personally just can't bring myself to give a crap about gossip column stuff relating to people I've never even met.
I don't think the reasons I gave for not liking him are weak. The off ice stuff, yeah no one can say whether or not that was true. But I tend to believe (not know) that it was only for the simple fact that I don't think both would have been traded if it weren't.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:50 PM
apadilla

Hi Flyer Fans - Kings fan here

long time (used to be suffering) LA Kings fan here, all the way back from the early years of the broad street bullies, so have you been watching the Kings in the playoffs, in particular, Carter and Richards have been playing really well, and if so, i was curious if you think this is the best they've played since their rookie seasons in philly, no pun intended when i say good luck in the draft, hope you snag some talent,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nr2OQAlXAc

Old
05-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

Quote:
since you didn't say anything actually pertinent to the topic and you just want to be a bit of a tool, i just won't say anything.
I was correcting your false characterization of my opinions and doing a public service announcement about using capitals. That's virtue!

Quote:
yes i lived in the city and currently live right outside the city and yes they went out drinking like i said but i don't consider getting a buzz binge drinking.
How do you know they weren't binge drinking? Even having five foofy drinks is considered binge drinking. It's a lot easier to be a binge drinker then you think.

Quote:
there is no way these guys went out and got drunk then with a hangover played as well as they did, there is no way anyone could convince me of that. so again rumors of drinking and partying yes but not "binging" which is consuming large quantities of alcohol over a short period of time for the express purpose of getting drunk in case you weren't aware.
You could never know this AND it became enough of a problem for the coaching staff to address it directly AND our captain behaved in a way that got him punted from the team (not long after having the entire franchise shower him with the 'C' with all the tremendous pomp involves-- I was at that game) because he wouldn't confront the problem the way the coaching staff wanted. If anything, all evidence points to an alcohol problem. You just don't eject the face of the franchise this quickly. Lecturing me on the definition of binge drinking is funny. A few martini's classify as binge drinking.

Quote:
but rumors of "ducking" events as you said in your first post is simply untrue.
Franchise player removed from franchise. Smoke. X: Fire.

Quote:
and as far as pronger dealing with the media is concerned, who cares? pronger was obviously better at dealing with the media and did it ever occur to you that maybe the media would seek him out more often because of his personality or the fact that he's a future hall of famer/his pedigree?
It was because, as it was said then, Pronger was handling the media because Richards was supposed to handle the lockerroom-- and he went on his media strike.

Quote:
that's why i said when the flyers are out of it. and i guess you never rooted for a team cause they had a player you liked. nice try though
No, I never have. I've gone on record saying that I can only root for the ice to melt, the principals of physics shift, such that ice can never form and the Stanley Cup is awarded to no one. Rooting for other teams strikes me as a violation (although, perhaps, if you legitimately had a claim to an East and West team, that would be permissable).

Old
05-24-2013, 04:58 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I honestly can't wait for the Kings to lose. I'm kind of getting sick of the daily back and forth Carter/Richards debates.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:10 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

they both look insanely comfortable this year in these tight series, especially richards. lucky you. so now that you've won a cup is marty mcsorley finally off the hook? or did you blame kelly hrudey more for some of those home game overtime goals he let in? wow things are rough here in playoff less philly. I'm asking bout 20 year old playoff losses for somebody else's team. weren't WE supposed to be winnin a cup right about now?

Old
05-24-2013, 05:13 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I was correcting your false characterization of my opinions and doing a public service announcement about using capitals. That's virtue!
you said yourself you don't remember what you're expectations were so how exactly did i make a false characterization (which i wasn't necessarily referring to you specifically just to anyone who took issue with richards not living up to clarke comparisons).

i'm too lazy to stretch my pinky finger to the shift button so i'm just going to go ahead and continue to pretend capital letters in the english alphabet don't exist. seriously though, i never use caps and it's typically cause i'm on my iphone and i don't feel like it. anyway, maybe i should make a public service announcement about the proper use of the words mobile and motile in the middle of our next debate even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Quote:
How do you know they weren't binge drinking? Even having five foofy drinks is considered binge drinking. It's a lot easier to be a binge drinker then you think.

You could never know this AND it became enough of a problem for the coaching staff to address it directly AND our captain behaved in a way that got him punted from the team (not long after having the entire franchise shower him with the 'C' with all the tremendous pomp involves-- I was at that game) because he wouldn't confront the problem the way the coaching staff wanted. If anything, all evidence points to an alcohol problem. You just don't eject the face of the franchise this quickly. Lecturing me on the definition of binge drinking is funny. A few martini's classify as binge drinking.
a definition is not lecturing and if you are suggesting he was drinking but not getting drunk then what's the problem? as i said from what i've seen (richards putting up 75 pts, 80pts, 62pts and 66pts since the drinking/partying rumors first surfaced) i can't understand how this could possibly THE problem that got him shipped out. and how exactly did the coaching staff address this "issue", dry island? that's the biggest joke i've ever heard, any coach suggesting pro athletes don't drink on their free time is nonsense and not how the situation should of been handled if richards indeed had a drinking problem.

i'm not saying there weren't issues that got him moved but i don't think alcohol abuse is one of them. i think his relationship with the media, pronger and laviolette are more to blame then anything else.

Quote:
Franchise player removed from franchise. Smoke. X: Fire.
so what you're saying is franchise player removed from franchise = franchise player was ducking events cause that's literally what you're arguing right now. i'm not denying there is a reason richards was moved but to suggest it was cause he didn't want to go to fan events cause you saw him jump a barrier once is ridiculous.

Quote:
No, I never have. I've gone on record saying that I can only root for the ice to melt, the principals of physics shift, such that ice can never form and the Stanley Cup is awarded to no one. Rooting for other teams strikes me as a violation (although, perhaps, if you legitimately had a claim to an East and West team, that would be permissable).
if this is indeed true then you are an exception because the vast majority of the people on here are first and foremost fans of their respective teams but also fans of the game/the whole league so when their team is out of it they root for another team for the time being. if this is your whole issue then i guess you have just as much of a problem with flyers fans now rooting for the blackhawks, sharks, bruins etc am i correct?

Quote:
It was because, as it was said then, Pronger was handling the media because Richards was supposed to handle the lockerroom-- and he went on his media strike.
ok what's your point though? maybe i missed something, you originally said "pronger dealt with media for a reason" after saying that richards didn't want to go to fan events. so what you're saying is richards went on a media strike cause he had an alcohol problem/isn't a good person? i think it's far more likely that richards went on this "strike" cause the philly media are a bunch of 4th graders who care more about gossip and a players personal life than hockey and pronger was better equip to handled them (basically he was just being a dick to them so they'd laugh and have something to write about).

Old
05-24-2013, 05:18 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I honestly can't wait for the Kings to lose. I'm kind of getting sick of the daily back and forth Carter/Richards debates.
as am i and yet i keep getting involved. in all fairness though this is the first time i'm getting into all this is nearly 3400 posts so just let me get it out of my system .

every time i get into a forum debate i think of this : Attachment 64781

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 09-18-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old
05-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

Quote:
you said yourself you don't remember what you're expectations were so how exactly did i make a false characterization
Pretty simple "I live on Earth" phenomenon. I don't recall what my expectations were, but they certainly wouldn't be the false ones you gave me. Nanu. Nanu.

Quote:
(which i wasn't necessarily referring to you specifically just to anyone who took issue with richards not living up to clarke comparisons).
"i guess you're expectations were way to high and completely unfounded so who's fault is that? as far as their playing styles are concerned it was an accurate comparison, if you made anymore out of it then that it isn't richards fault."

Try remembering what you wrote.

Quote:
how exactly did the coaching staff address this "issue", dry island? that's the biggest joke i've ever heard, any coach suggesting pro athletes don't drink on their free time is nonsense and not how the situation should of been handled if richards indeed had a drinking problem.
Maybe, but that was the purpose of it. It didn't materialize out of thin air... and you need to hear more jokes. Hockey players drink, no doubt, but obviously there was a problem.

Quote:
so what you're saying is franchise player removed from franchise = franchise player was ducking events cause that's literally what you're arguing right now. i'm not denying there is a reason richards was moved but to suggest it was cause he didn't want to go to fan events cause you saw him jump a barrier once is ridiculous.
It's called induction. My actual argument is that Richards is a jabroni, which is why he got moved. You claimed no evidence of him ducking fans. I told you I've seen it. He maybe even had a reason, but the fact is: He's done it. It's just one part of the pie that got him shipped out shortly after being given a messiah treatment by the organization.

Quote:
majority of fans
Majority of fans are like any other group-- a few winners and a whole heap of losers. They're doing it wrong (just my opinion).

Quote:
Richards and the media
The media issue is a complicated one-- I'll just say that it was another sign he wasn't doing the right things: Like supporting your coach by putting your captain signature on the dry island. Nah, instead, let's trade 4 out of the 5 problem children. Only one remains.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
they both look insanely comfortable this year in these tight series, especially richards. lucky you. so now that you've won a cup is marty mcsorley finally off the hook? or did you blame kelly hrudey more for some of those home game overtime goals he let in? wow things are rough here in playoff less philly. I'm asking bout 20 year old playoff losses for somebody else's team. weren't WE supposed to be winnin a cup right about now?
We blame that blue bandanna

Old
05-24-2013, 06:13 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Pretty simple "I live on Earth" phenomenon. I don't recall what my expectations were, but they certainly wouldn't be the false ones you gave me. Nanu. Nanu.

"i guess you're expectations were way to high and completely unfounded so who's fault is that? as far as their playing styles are concerned it was an accurate comparison, if you made anymore out of it then that it isn't richards fault."

Try remembering what you wrote.

Maybe, but that was the purpose of it. It didn't materialize out of thin air... and you need to hear more jokes. Hockey players drink, no doubt, but obviously there was a problem.

It's called induction. My actual argument is that Richards is a jabroni, which is why he got moved. You claimed no evidence of him ducking fans. I told you I've seen it. He maybe even had a reason, but the fact is: He's done it. It's just one part of the pie that got him shipped out shortly after being given a messiah treatment by the organization.

Majority of fans are like any other group-- a few winners and a whole heap of losers. They're doing it wrong (just my opinion).

The media issue is a complicated one-- I'll just say that it was another sign he wasn't doing the right things: Like supporting your coach by putting your captain signature on the dry island. Nah, instead, let's trade 4 out of the 5 problem children. Only one remains.
I said "not necessarily referring to you" but I was using you as an example. I don't know what you expected and apparently you don't either. All I said is that a person (including you) can not blame Richards for comparisons to Clarke which someone else made. That remains true, it is not a false characterization of anyone. If you cant see that you need to reread the entire conversation from the beginning or take a reading comprehension course.

And again yes there was a problem but dry island is not an indication that drinking was richards problem that is called a logical fallacy.

Number one I only have your word that you saw Richards jump a barrier and based on my experiences richards was fine in these fan events. would you honestly just take someone at their word that is claiming something that directly contradicts your experiences? secondly you openly admitted that there could be extenuating circumstances with his supposed jumping of a barrier and yet it's also a peice of the pie? That's terrible reasoning

Thanks for calling me a loser when you've never met me, it means a lot coming from you

Richards problems with the media occurred well before the dry island story came out so that doesn't really apply. The whole conflict started when the partying rumors came out and if they were false I don't blame him for refusing several interviews.

Edit: this is obviously bothering some people on here so if you wanna continue this conversation please pm me so we can continue this privately. Also I'm at work so I might not respond until tomorrow

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 05-24-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old
05-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Should have been no goal

05-24-2013, 06:52 PM
G Money

i thought morrow kicked that in

Old
05-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Hollywood Couturier
Eagles That Quack

Last angle made it look like a kick. I know the game is on NBC but knowing the Pens they didn't send that angle to the war room.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Krishna

Main board GDT is beyond stupid

******** habs fans and Pens fans refuse to even admit he hit it with his skate..

Old
05-24-2013, 07:42 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Holy **** Pierre. Can you blow any more loads for the Pens? Why don't you start pulling you pud in the Pens bench to make things clear on your intentions...

Old
05-24-2013, 08:05 PM
The Couturier Effect

Well the Sens couldn't get it done. I'm praying the Bruins can.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Krishna

3-1 now

pens collapse is on

Old
05-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Ah yes, the ex-girlfriend syndrome.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Flyerfan4life

godammit Sens..

win a game willya

Closed Thread