HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VI: The 2013 Playoffs Edition, Round 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2013, 09:02 PM
  #476
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Ah yes, the ex-girlfriend syndrome.
?

This is a Flyers board not a Kings board. I could care less what they do now. Every Kings game, there's argument about what they didn't do when they were here. It gets annoying after a while.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 05-24-2013 at 09:07 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:11 PM
  #477
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
godammit Sens..

win a game willya
When your captain tells reporters after game 4 that its basically over, it comes as no shock to see them come out like this.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:32 PM
  #478
Mota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I honestly can't wait for the Kings to lose. I'm kind of getting sick of the daily back and forth Carter/Richards debates.
Im hoping they win it all now. They are the only team left that match up well against Pittsburgh. I'd rather watch Richards raise the cup 5 times then see the Pens do it again.

Mota is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:35 PM
  #479
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
?

This is a Flyers board not a Kings board. I could care less what they do now. Every Kings game, there's argument about what they didn't do when they were here. It gets annoying after a while.
I can understand your frustrations, but it's more or less those who want Richards/Carter and the Kings to fail because they've moved on, as if they wanted out of Philadelphia. Those who hold resentment towards them are acting like bitter ex-girlfriends.

No offense to you and not inferring that it is your reasoning for wanting the Kings to fail. I could understand why you'd get sick and tired of seeing their names come up every year they have success.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:41 PM
  #480
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,817
vCash: 500
You know what would suck? PIT-DET in the Finals...again.

The Couturier Effect is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 09:50 PM
  #481
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
You know what would suck? PIT-DET in the Finals...again.
That actually wouldn't be half bad. The bad half obviously being the Pens

Ryker is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 10:25 PM
  #482
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,495
vCash: 500
I'm speechless, I really thought the sens would've put up more of a fight (in terms of the series). I didn't get to see the game tonight, did the Sens at least put up a fight in the game? I know the game finished 6-2 but sometimes scores can be misleading.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
05-24-2013, 11:47 PM
  #483
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Im hoping they win it all now. They are the only team left that match up well against Pittsburgh. I'd rather watch Richards raise the cup 5 times then see the Pens do it again.
I can't say I want Pit to win the cup, but if i could black out my screen for everyone's celebration aside from Iginla, then that might be tolerable. I never mind seeing a great player get a reward they have worked so hard for over the years.

Seeing Ray Borque win his cup was probably my favorite moment in pro sports. Loved Brind'amour's moment too. John Elway too.

It kinda sucks being an Eagles and Flyers fan in this way....

achdumeingute is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 01:11 AM
  #484
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I'm speechless, I really thought the sens would've put up more of a fight (in terms of the series). I didn't get to see the game tonight, did the Sens at least put up a fight in the game? I know the game finished 6-2 but sometimes scores can be misleading.
No, the Pens dominated pretty much the whole game. Anderson held thegame scorless though the 1st I think but thePens pretty much controlle the entire game. I idn't even bother atching the 3rd period, it was evident that the game was already over (the Sens were playing like a defeated team).

phlocky is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 02:07 AM
  #485
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,238
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I can understand your frustrations, but it's more or less those who want Richards/Carter and the Kings to fail because they've moved on, as if they wanted out of Philadelphia. Those who hold resentment towards them are acting like bitter ex-girlfriends.

No offense to you and not inferring that it is your reasoning for wanting the Kings to fail. I could understand why you'd get sick and tired of seeing their names come up every year they have success.
My reasoning is that I don't wanna hear about how dumb the Flyers are because Richards and Carter now have two cups.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 02:23 AM
  #486
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Bloody Sens!

OzFlyer is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 02:54 AM
  #487
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,034
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
I can't say I want Pit to win the cup, but if i could black out my screen for everyone's celebration aside from Iginla, then that might be tolerable. I never mind seeing a great player get a reward they have worked so hard for over the years.

Seeing Ray Borque win his cup was probably my favorite moment in pro sports. Loved Brind'amour's moment too. John Elway too.

It kinda sucks being an Eagles and Flyers fan in this way....
Iginla's one of my favorite players to never play in a Flyers sweater. The guy loves the game and plays the game the right way. I would hate seeing the Pens win the cup but if their is a silver lining to that it is him. He deserves it so much. He was with the same organization for 18 years and only made the playoffs 5 times, and only got out of the 1st round once, when they went to the SCF against Tampa the year before the lockout. I'm not sure how he doesn't have a Hart Trophy in his closet but I'm sure he'd take a Cup over that. He has 2 Rocket's, an Art Ross, a Lester B Pearson (All 3 in the same year btw...Jose Theodore won the Hart that year), a King Clancy, 2 Olympic Golds, World Cup of Hockey Gold, World Championship Gold, World Juniors Gold; and is one of the most consistent and prolific scorers of this generation. Between 98 and 08 only Jagr had more goals then he did. He hits, he fights, he does everything. All on a garbage team that could never surround him with enough talent to even give him a fair shake at a cup over almost 2 decades.

I didn't mean to go on a rant about him but he really does deserve one, so I definitely am with you on that one.

P.S.

As a history lesson I found out why he doesn't have a Hart and it's really a shame;

Quote:
After participating in Canada's Olympic summer camp before the season, Iginla again set new personal highs in 2001–02 when he registered 52 goals and 96 points. This season elevated Iginla to superstar status. He earned the Art Ross and Maurice Richard trophies as the NHL's leading point and goal scorer, respectively. He was also awarded the Lester B. Pearson Award as the league's most valuable player as voted by his peers, and was a nominee for both the Hart Memorial Trophy and the King Clancy Memorial Trophy. The Hart Trophy voting proved to be controversial: Iginla tied Canadiens goaltender José Théodore in voting points, but received fewer first place votes than Théodore. However, one voter, rumoured to be from Quebec—Théodore and the Canadiens' home province—inexplicably left Iginla off his ballot. As a result of the controversy that followed, the Professional Hockey Writers Association changed the rules on how its members voted for the award to prevent a recurrence

PALE PWNR is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 03:23 AM
  #488
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post

I didn't mean to go on a rant about him but he really does deserve one, so I definitely am with you on that one.
Not long after the Iggy trade I had some customers from Canada in the shop here in Australia.

Me: So where in Canada are you from?

Canadians: Calgary

Me: So you heard about the Iginla trade?

Canadians: Yes, sad to see him go but we are Flyers fans now!

Me: Um..... he signed with the Penguins

Canadians: Oh right, somewhere in Pennsylvania anyway, we love him!


Last edited by OzFlyer: 05-25-2013 at 04:25 PM.
OzFlyer is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 03:31 AM
  #489
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Ughhh... Can't wait to see how many games will Chara get after Crosby skates right into him.

kudymen is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 03:39 AM
  #490
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Ughhh... Can't wait to see how many games will Chara get after Crosby skates right into him.
Are there Bodog odds on this yet?

OzFlyer is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:11 AM
  #491
Steve Durbano
Registered User
 
Steve Durbano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Burbs of Bmore
Country: United States
Posts: 756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Ughhh... Can't wait to see how many games will Chara get after Crosby skates right into him.
Why skate right into him when you just skate around him, he's a pylon.

Steve Durbano is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:25 AM
  #492
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
Not long after the Iggy trade I had some customers from Canada in the shop here in Australia.

Me: So where in Canada are you from?

Canadians: Ottawa

Me: So you heard about the Iginla trade?

Canadians: Yes, sad to see him go but we are Flyers fans now!

Me: Um..... he signed with the Penguins

Canadians: Oh right, somewhere in Pennsylvania anyway, we love him!
So that's what happened to the Canadian who went missing in Australia!

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:27 AM
  #493
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Durbano View Post
Why skate right into him when you just skate around him, he's a pylon.
LOL I hope all Penguin fans feel this way. Chara is still arguably one of the top 3 defenseman out there, and far from a pylon. If that's what your expecting then you will not like the outcome of this series. Bruins will play the Pens hard and knock them off their game. Bruins(when they advance) in 6.

The Penguins have a problem staying discipline after the whistle when they play teams that are aggressive on the fore check and play a physical style of hockey. It's going to be fun watching Malkin taking dumb penalties after the whistles.

Prongo is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 08:39 AM
  #494
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
LOL I hope all Penguin fans feel this way. Chara is still arguably one of the top 3 defenseman out there, and far from a pylon. If that's what your expecting then you will not like the outcome of this series. Bruins will play the Pens hard and knock them off their game. Bruins(when they advance) in 6.

The Penguins have a problem staying discipline after the whistle when they play teams that are aggressive on the fore check and play a physical style of hockey. It's going to be fun watching Malkin taking dumb penalties after the whistles.
You're dead wrong. I read somewhere on HF (so it must be true!) that Crosby has "god-like" self-control. Do you understand: GOD-LIKE!!! You know, like all of his other qualities.

And if Crosby is the face (well, somewhere behind the Halo Battle Helmet) of the Penguins, then it only goes to figure that everyone is a paradigm of reserve and composure. Ipso facto, Q.E.D. It was only the result of the sheer goonery of the Flyers and the league's preference for them over the Penguins last year that the poor dears had to stick up for themselves.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 09:25 AM
  #495
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Durbano View Post
Why skate right into him when you just skate around him, he's a pylon.
True. Being in the same zone would still be suspendable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
...And if Crosby is the face (well, somewhere behind the Halo Battle Helmet)...
My favorite thread on the Pens board right now is a thread where the OP claims that (when you take out the game 2 of this series) Crosby is only 1 ppg instead of 2 ppg in the Sens series because of his muzzle


Last edited by kudymen: 05-25-2013 at 09:31 AM.
kudymen is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:23 AM
  #496
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
I missed this about one week, but found it today in the photoshop thread.



The Pens aren't even trying to look like men lately, when the only thing Orpik can think of in that situation is going after Neil's balls...
Funny, I've seen a good amount Pens fans complaining about Neil doing this to Murray(?) last night. You have to love the double standard.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 10:53 AM
  #497
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Funny, I've seen a good amount Pens fans complaining about Neil doing this to Murray(?) last night. You have to love the double standard.
and he actually comes up with a lot of force. he actually starts to lift Neil off his skates. what a d-bag

i understand he's getting mauled but man up, don't go for his nuts

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 11:17 AM
  #498
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
You're dead wrong. I read somewhere on HF (so it must be true!) that Crosby has "god-like" self-control. Do you understand: GOD-LIKE!!! You know, like all of his other qualities.

And if Crosby is the face (well, somewhere behind the Halo Battle Helmet) of the Penguins, then it only goes to figure that everyone is a paradigm of reserve and composure. Ipso facto, Q.E.D. It was only the result of the sheer goonery of the Flyers and the league's preference for them over the Penguins last year that the poor dears had to stick up for themselves.
He must have really worked on his self-control after punching that dude in the balls from behind a few years ago (Thrashers game I think).

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 11:42 AM
  #499
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
He must have really worked on his self-control after punching that dude in the balls from behind a few years ago (Thrashers game I think).
lol yeah i remember that.

edit: here's the vid. the good angle starts at around the 45 second mark



and as long as i live i will never forget this bundy is absolutely hilarious in this clip



Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 05-25-2013 at 11:52 AM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
05-25-2013, 11:52 AM
  #500
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,407
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
and he actually comes up with a lot of force. he actually starts to lift Neil off his skates. what a d-bag

i understand he's getting mauled but man up, don't go for his nuts
After 2 nut shots I would of DDT'd him face first on the ice.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.