HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hold your head up high Leafs Nation, Future is bright

Old
05-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
To me, the nightmarish and hilarious finish was simply unacceptable and may as well resets this team as the 18 Wheeler falling off a cliff. Just mentally weak, no composure, no ability to dictate play when they were in the home stretch, no killer instinct, no push back mentally.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by no13matssundin View Post
Future is bright indeed. Said this in another post but to reiterate:

A few things though:
-Grabo must learn how to finish.
-D core MUST be upgraded
-Gardiner is the real deal and our future number 1 Dman
-Kadri and Phaneuf need to be traded for a solid Dman and 2 prospects (including one blue chip D prospect)
-Reims needs to improve on rebound control and staying in position. Outside of that, he's solid.

Stop

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Next year we will comeback hungry to redeem ourselves.

05-13-2013, 09:45 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Grabovoski is the first move, buyout.

I lost count of how many goals he was on the ice in tonight's game 7 match. Think it was 5.

He tries hard, but was -3 again. Including skating by the series winning goal.

Finished the series -10, absolutely the worst minus I can ever recall by any Leaf in a playoff series.

Give credit for his courage, but he simply is not a very smart player, has limited talent, no scoring touch, and little intangibles.

Goodbye Grabo, good riddance, time for you to be bought out.

-10 on the regular season, -10 in the playoffs, and little to no production all for a whopping 5.5M Cap hit, this all but makes you finished as a Leaf.

Brutal player.
Kulemin was also on the ice for 4 goals this game and about 70% of the rest of the goals in this series.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Donmega

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post

Reimer: The guy was nothing short of amazing all season. Had a few off nights, but hell, who hasn't as a goalie? He seems to be our future #1 going long term, he has a great attitude and loves playing in Toronto.
Although I agree with you slightly, Rask did not have an off night. He was stellar throughout the whole series. Without rask the bruins would have lost to leafs in 4 or 5

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Donmega

Grabovski has a lot of heart but a broken brain.

Donmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:47 PM
lyrrad

I'm not sad. I am holding my head up high. I didn't expect this team to make the playoffs. They overachieved in the regular season and surpassed my expectations. And when they went down 3-1 to the Bruins I figured they were finished. But this season was a success. They proved themselves to the league. They almost had this series but they blew the lead. But this young team is going to learn from that. They will learn from the Bruins how not to quit. How to play sudden death with 10 minutes left and you're down three goals. They pushed those Bruins to a game seven overtime. That's something they can be proud of. I know I'm proud of them. I'm disappointed but it's only because they got my hopes up in the first place.

lyrrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:51 PM
Interactif
Realism ** Optimism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Kulemin was also on the ice for 4 goals this game and about 70% of the rest of the goals in this series.
He plays with Grabo, what do you expect? Please not tonight, I am in no mood for Grabo excuses. The guy has no brains to play this game, or at least no brains to play for a winner. Get him off this team, he's brutal.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Kesselfan97

what if colborne scored. history will be made

Kesselfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:53 PM
TheMadHatTrick

Kessel really proved a lot to me this series. The core is in place: Kessel, Gardiner, Kadri, Lupul, but Phaneuf has to go I cannot fathom this team winning a cup with him as the captain.

TheMadHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:54 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Bruins fan here. You Leafs fans have nothing to be ashamed of and everything to be proud of. Your team gave us everything the Bruins could handle. The Leafs will be a team to be reckoned with over the next bunch of years. You'll be back with a vengeance and even hungrier next season.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:57 PM
StanleyTOR

Heartbreak I know, but let's be realistic.

It broke my heart too to see them lose 4-1 lead in about 7 minutes time, and see that OT goal go in, but let's be realistic here for a second.

I usually never post but this game got me fired up.

Let's be realistic:

The Leafs were analyzed by many, many experts to finish 12-15th in the Eastern Conference. Our hopes were somewhat doomed before the season even began; yet, they made the playoffs, ending a 9-year drought. That, in itself should make us proud of them as Leafs fans.

Not only that, ever since we figured out they were matched with the Bruins, most of us thought we'd lose the series already. We are disappointed that they lost, but we should be proud of their efforts to have proven experts wrong in every way.

Let's remember that they have a solid, young (youngest team in the league) core. They now have seen their netminder evolve into a true, solid #1 goalie on our team. We have seen the emergence of Phil Kessel to be more of an all-around, elite offensive player. We have seen Phaneuf improve (Yes, I know he choked). We have seen Gardiner's latter improvements and much more.

It is only going to get better from here on in. The Leafs were never expected to make the playoffs, yet they went the distance with an experienced team that they have not had success with in recent memories.

Let's not forget the draft, the free agent crop and our prospects (esp. Rielly).

Be proud of them!

P.S TOR playoffs' not over yet, watch the Marlies and keep an eye out on future Leafs (as soon as next year!)

StanleyTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:58 PM
bleed_oil

Quote:

A few things though:
-D core MUST be upgraded
-Kadri and Phaneuf need to be traded for a solid Dman and 2 prospects (including one blue chip D prospect)
-Reims needs to improve on rebound control and staying in position. Outside of that, he's solid.
Leafs fans... goal and an assist in Game 7, +2, only played 14 minutes and.... LETS TRADE THE BUM!!

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Neas Olc
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Bruins fan here. Just wanted to say that it was a hell of a series, guys. You have nothing to be ashamed of.
...except you know, blowing a 4-1 3rd period lead in game 7.

Faux-sympathy from smug Bruins fans makes this loss even worse.

Neas Olc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:00 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:

A few things though:
-D core MUST be upgraded

He's a big part of our future and should be our core. Probably our #1 centre.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:01 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:

A few things though:
-D core MUST be upgraded

kadri and phaneuf are not goin anywhere

mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avec Fromage*

I'm not sure which epic collapse is worse: tonight's or last season's. This team sheds its reputation of having no composure, but then chokes up a three-goal lead in, what, 12 minutes? Pathetic, gutting, embarrassing, deflating... just disgusting. Yes, they made it this far and that was something to be proud of, and they undid all of that with 12 awful minutes of hockey. Somewhere in Anaheim, Brian Burke is having a laugh. I will be back next year, like all of you, cheering on my hometown Toronto Maple Leafs. But I don't want to see, read, or watch anything Leafs until they select their first round pick. At least last season, we drafted fifth. Does anyone know where we draft this year?

Avec Fromage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm proud of the team, but I'm also not proud of the way they finished.

In the crucible of the playoffs, and in the home stretch for one of the biggest upsets, they literally reverted back into the the Ron Wilson Leafs. That was a disaster that undid all the good things in the 3-1 comeback.

Next year, in a division with Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit, Tampa, Florida and us, are we even going to make the playoffs?
Why not? If the Leafs make some improvements, they should make it. If they don't then it will be a failure, simple as that.

Suntouchable13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Bear with it Leafs nation, tonight, tomorrow, hell the whole offseason is going to be long, grueling, and full of pot shots thrown our way. We're going to have our day in the sun, just wait. These boys lived and learned these playoffs, they'll be better for it.

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:03 PM
EDDIE20*

Even though the tools on the main board are having a field day with this, there's a lot to be proud of with this series. We battled back for the first time in how many years? The Leafs showed guts, heart and fortitude to tie this thing up. You can't take anything away from the Bruins. They're a veteran team who's been to the big show and has the experience to close out a tight series.

I'm not happy about the loss but I'm looking forward to watching this team next season.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Neas Olc
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Bear with it Leafs nation
Oh boy.

Neas Olc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:08 PM
The K Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post

I'm not sure which epic collapse is worse: tonight's or last season's. This team sheds its reputation of having no composure, but then chokes up a three-goal lead in, what, 12 minutes? Pathetic, gutting, embarrassing, deflating... just disgusting. Yes, they made it this far and that was something to be proud of, and they undid all of that with 12 awful minutes of hockey. Somewhere in Anaheim, Brian Burke is having a laugh. I will be back next year, like all of you, cheering on my hometown Toronto Maple Leafs. But I don't want to see, read, or watch anything Leafs until they select their first round pick. At least last season, we drafted fifth. Does anyone know where we draft this year?
Unless Detroit, NYR, San Jose, or the Sens go to the conference finals, I'm pretty certain we get the 21 pick. If any of those teams make it there we'll pick 1-2 spots earlier.

The K Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:10 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Dr. Hannibal Lecter

vCash: 50
future is definitely bright. ****** way to lose. gonna take a long time to get over this one.

ChesapeakeRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Tough Guy

BS.

They looked like trash. Phaneuf is a garbage defenceman. They have no goalie. And they played 95% of this series trapped in their own zone.

This was #4 vs. #5 and they got beat like rented mules for most of the series.

Tough Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neas Olc View Post
Oh boy.
Oh man! That was a really poor choice of words on my part.

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote