HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League #5: 2013 Play-offs Edition!: Nucks fire AV, AVs hire Roy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2013, 10:46 PM
  #476
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 50
Man I don't even know what NHL reffing is anymore.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
05-29-2013, 10:49 PM
  #477
Tw0Shoes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
Wow...I'd say Chicago just got screwed out of the potential series winning goal. Two guys are wrestling along the boards, but the back ref has the "intent" to blow the whistle and call penalties as Seabrook fires a rocket past Howard. That whole intent thing is garbage, it should be when the whistle sounds.
It was Hjarlmarsson, but yah, somewhere out there Alex Burrows feels vindicated because Steven Walkom blows yet another call.

Tw0Shoes is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 10:49 PM
  #478
Krut
Registered User
 
Krut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
I'm mystified as to why either guy would get a call in that circumstance in this game. That kind of **** hasn't been called all playoffs, and this is the time he chooses to call it? Abysmal.

I have no idea what Saad did there to deserve a call.

Krut is online now  
Old
05-29-2013, 10:50 PM
  #479
taunting canadian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,368
vCash: 500
The whole "intent" thing is kind of irrelevant. I think we're only talking about it because it's the go to talking point for announcers whenever a goal is called off. The play by play guys started talking about it before ever even seeing/listening to a replay. Turns out the whistle was blown before the goal was scored. The real question is whether the actual call was a good one.

taunting canadian is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 10:54 PM
  #480
Toydarian
Registered User
 
Toydarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
I just have no idea how Saad was in any way a culprit during that play. The guy has literally been catipulted into the bench. How the hell is that a penalty on Saad?!

Toydarian is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:02 PM
  #481
Toydarian
Registered User
 
Toydarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
At least there is some justice in the end.

Toydarian is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:03 PM
  #482
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 50
Nice work Kronwall.

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:06 PM
  #483
Delicious Pancakes
Registered User
 
Delicious Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Penner's spare tire
Country: Canada
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Wow nice shot by Seabrook. I wouldn't expect him to get off a wrister that quickly in stride AND put it top corner going the other way.

Delicious Pancakes is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:08 PM
  #484
Delicious Pancakes
Registered User
 
Delicious Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Penner's spare tire
Country: Canada
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Ahah, the puck deflected off of Kronwall. That explains the shot placement.

Delicious Pancakes is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:10 PM
  #485
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,300
vCash: 500
Man it would be fun playing in Chicago. Great city, one of the best buildings in terms of atmosphere and aesthetics, and the DJ there plays great music to boot, probably some of the best tune selection in the league.

Philly85 is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:11 PM
  #486
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes View Post
Wow nice shot by Seabrook. I wouldn't expect him to get off a wrister that quickly in stride AND put it top corner going the other way.
Didn't go top corner. Deflected off of Kronwall's stick and went up a bit.

Detroit overachieved this series, and hopefully Holland doesn't get delusional about the young players on this team.

If they're going to have a snowball's chance in hell at contending here in the twilight of Datsyuk's prime they need to bring in more depth in all positions.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:11 PM
  #487
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Man it would be fun playing in Chicago. Great city, one of the best buildings in terms of atmosphere and aesthetics, and the DJ there plays great music to boot, probably some of the best tune selection in the league.
I love how there's never any douchey top-40 electro tunes being played there.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:14 PM
  #488
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers
 
GreatKeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Man it would be fun playing in Chicago. Great city, one of the best buildings in terms of atmosphere and aesthetics, and the DJ there plays great music to boot, probably some of the best tune selection in the league.
Is it any wonder why players sign there?

GreatKeith is online now  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:25 PM
  #489
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Man it would be fun playing in Chicago. Great city, one of the best buildings in terms of atmosphere and aesthetics, and the DJ there plays great music to boot, probably some of the best tune selection in the league.
They were booing their own team loudly in a game 7. The bronx cheers came out and the fans were frustrated with the Hawks ineffective play on the PP.

Madhouse shows some swagger when they're winning but are quite when they're not. Lets see how they react to LA putting on a clinic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Didn't go top corner. Deflected off of Kronwall's stick and went up a bit.

Detroit overachieved this series, and hopefully Holland doesn't get delusional about the young players on this team.

If they're going to have a snowball's chance in hell at contending here in the twilight of Datsyuk's prime they need to bring in more depth in all positions.
Yeah, Chicago just took game 7OT to oust a 7th place rebuilding club that barely made the playoffs. lol at Hawks players saying they just beat a great team. They haven't seen an elite team the entire playoffs and had a weak schedule in April as well.

Hawks are soon going to be in for a shock. Should be fun.

Kings in 5 or 6 games.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:28 PM
  #490
Baby Nilsson
Registered User
 
Baby Nilsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Man it would be fun playing in Chicago. Great city, one of the best buildings in terms of atmosphere and aesthetics, and the DJ there plays great music to boot, probably some of the best tune selection in the league.
Detroit has a great DJ too, but yeah, the atmosphere in Chicago is definitely one the best in the league.

Baby Nilsson is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:31 PM
  #491
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yeah, Chicago just took game 7OT to oust a 7th place rebuilding club that barely made the playoffs. lol at Hawks players saying they just beat a great team. They haven't seen an elite team the entire playoffs and had a weak schedule in April as well.

Hawks are soon going to be in for a shock. Should be fun.

Kings in 5 or 6 games.
You're so biased against the Hawks Replacement. It took the Kings 7 games to beat the Sharks and they had 1 more point than the Wings this season yet you praise the Kings for beating a super tough opponent and laugh off the Hawks victory like the Red Wings aren't the best franchise in the league over the past 20 years who still happen to have 2 of the best players in the league.

Make no mistake, the Wings were a strong team. As strong as the Sharks. Who will win this upcoming series... I'm not sure. I do know that the Hawks are far more dynamic than anyone the Kings have played this year or last in the playoffs. I for one pray to god that we see the Hawks beat the Kings. A Penguins-Blackhawks final would be the best thing to happen to hockey in years.

Spawn is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:38 PM
  #492
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
You're so biased against the Hawks Replacement. It took the Kings 7 games to beat the Sharks and they had 1 more point than the Wings this season yet you praise the Kings for beating a super tough opponent and laugh off the Hawks victory like the Red Wings aren't the best franchise in the league over the past 20 years who still happen to have 2 of the best players in the league.

Make no mistake, the Wings were a strong team. As strong as the Sharks. Who will win this upcoming series... I'm not sure. I do know that the Hawks are far more dynamic than anyone the Kings have played this year or last in the playoffs. I for one pray to god that we see the Hawks beat the Kings. A Penguins-Blackhawks final would be the best thing to happen to hockey in years.
The Hawks haven't won a playoff series against a top club in years. They had everything they could handle and more against a 7th place Detroit club that was game but gave up far too many scoring chances and had trouble finishing themselves.

The Hawks got by the Wild and Red Wings. Whoop de do. Lets see what they do against a loaded club.

I'm just saying the Kings are going to be a whole other level. Also imo any of the Kings, Sharks, Blues would handle the Hawks easy in a playoff series.

Lets see it unfold.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:39 PM
  #493
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
They were booing their own team loudly in a game 7. The bronx cheers came out and the fans were frustrated with the Hawks ineffective play on the PP.

Madhouse shows some swagger when they're winning but are quite when they're not. Lets see how they react to LA putting on a clinic.



Yeah, Chicago just took game 7OT to oust a 7th place rebuilding club that barely made the playoffs. lol at Hawks players saying they just beat a great team. They haven't seen an elite team the entire playoffs and had a weak schedule in April as well.

Hawks are soon going to be in for a shock. Should be fun.

Kings in 5 or 6 games.
Agreed. I could see BOS giving PIT a similar shock as well, playing a similar system to LAK.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:41 PM
  #494
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 14,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Is it any wonder why players sign there?
Because they win.
Players don't sign in Detroit because of the city and arena both of which are arguably less desirable than what Edmonton has to offer. Just Win Baby.
I don't think "The Madhouse on Madison" is that loud anyway outside of the National Anthem and when the Hawks score. Most overrated building in the league IMO, doesn't hold a candle to old Chicago Stadium.

Also, can you please oh please can the Blackhawks beat L.A. So sick of that team. Great team but not a fan of their style of play.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:41 PM
  #495
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The Hawks haven't won a playoff series against a top club in years. They had everything they could handle and more against a 7th place Detroit club that was game but gave up far too many scoring chances and had trouble finishing themselves.

I'm just saying the Kings are going to be a whole other level. Also imo any of the Kings, Sharks, Blues would handle the Hawks easy in a playoff series.

Lets see it unfold.
I predicted the Cup Winner would come from the LAK-STL series soon after Game 1 of that matchup. I maintain that theory.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:43 PM
  #496
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The Hawks haven't won a playoff series against a top club in years. They had everything they could handle and more against a 7th place Detroit club that was game but gave up far too many scoring chances and had trouble finishing themselves.

The Hawks got by the Wild and Red Wings. Whoop de do. Lets see what they do against a loaded club.

I'm just saying the Kings are going to be a whole other level. Also imo any of the Kings, Sharks, Blues would handle the Hawks easy in a playoff series.

Lets see it unfold.
We will see indeed. I believe though that your argument about the Hawks facing weaker competition was proven false earlier in this thread.

You say the Kings are on a whole other level. I say the same thing about the Hawks. Far and away the best team in the league this year. A dynamic offensive team that also happened to be the best team in the league at keeping pucks out of their own net.

They are as good at keeping the puck out as the Kings, but far superior at scoring. Maybe the Kings can grind it out, but it is going to be tough for them to outscore the Hawks, even in 2-1 games.

Spawn is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:45 PM
  #497
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
I predicted the Cup Winner would come from the LAK-STL series soon after Game 1 of that matchup. I maintain that theory.
Yep, what a loaded first round series. Either club would win out against other clubs.

Sharks were the only club that was going to be able to be in the mix.

People put way too much importance on who finishes first. More often than not lately its not the best clubs finishing first.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:46 PM
  #498
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Because they win.
Players don't sign in Detroit because of the city and arena both of which are arguably less desirable than what Edmonton has to offer. Just Win Baby.

Also, can you please oh please can the Blackhawks beat L.A. So sick of that team. Great team but not a fan of their style of play.
Both Hossa/Rafalski went to Detroit on discount contracts.

Detroit has been a FA destination looking back the last 10-15 years.

The problem is Holland recently not being willing to open up the bank for star UFA's - he's very selective about who he pursues.. In the past 5-6 years the only legit stars they've pursued with any aggression were Hossa and Suter.

They were successful with Hossa, and Suter chose to go to his home state.

Go figure.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:47 PM
  #499
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
We will see indeed. I believe though that your argument about the Hawks facing weaker competition was proven false earlier in this thread.

You say the Kings are on a whole other level. I say the same thing about the Hawks. Far and away the best team in the league this year. A dynamic offensive team that also happened to be the best team in the league at keeping pucks out of their own net.

They are as good at keeping the puck out as the Kings, but far superior at scoring. Maybe the Kings can grind it out, but it is going to be tough for them to outscore the Hawks, even in 2-1 games.
REgular season means nothing. ARe you seriously trying to argue the Hawks are a better club on the basis of what occurred in regular season?

Hawks would've been pummelled by the Blues in a 7 game series. Would have lost the physical battle against the Sharks. They're not even equipped to go into a 7 game series with LA.

Last time the Kings played Chi they pumped in 5 goals. not that it means much of anything, just saying. Hawks beat up on a lot of not so good teams this year. They had an easy schedule down the stretch cept for playing the Blues and they had some trouble with them too.

Replacement is offline  
Old
05-29-2013, 11:50 PM
  #500
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,100
vCash: 50
And LA has yet to play a team who can actually score goals. The lack of offensive talent on the Blues and Sharks played right into their hands.

The Kings will be tested against teams like Chicago and Pittsburgh because they'll lose any game they give up more than 2 goals in.

syz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.