HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League #5: 2013 Play-offs Edition!: Nucks fire AV, AVs hire Roy

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
Richards has been getting beat...a lot...all over the ice this spring but personally...I thought it came to a head in game one of the WCF and I was actually expecting this to be a great bounce back opportunity for him.
I agree that he's been playing poor but I doubt that's why Sutter is sitting him. The prevailing thought was that he was hurt but he'll play. Now we get confirmation that he's out.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Philly85
Moody'

tsn says he's out with an upper body injury.

Old
06-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Blackhawks getting some just desert in that first period. Finally getting a few by Quick that they should have had yesterday.

Old
06-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Everest

The Hawks just made the unthinkable happen. Quick gets chased. Big time. Wow.

New Stanley Cup Champs in...3...2...1...???

Old
06-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Carter scores but it looks like this series could well be over, I want to hear Replacement's analysis of what's happening here.

Old
06-02-2013, 09:44 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Carter scores but it looks like this series could well be over, I want to hear Replacement's analysis of what's happening here.
"You aren't in trouble until you lose at home."

Old
06-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Everest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Too much speed for LA to handle.

Old
06-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Chicago is completely and utterly dominating LA. This isn't even close. Will take a Herculean effort from LA to swing the momentum back their way. One period at a time... anything can happen... all these old cliches hold true of course but Kings look so much slower and less cohesive. IMO. Of course we all know what the defending SC champs are capable of and how they can come roaring back and just pound teams so I should probably bite my tongue but these are 5 fairly demoralizing periods of hockey for them, a supposed elite team. Doesn't look like they've been able to play their game whatsoever. Not to mention Chi is flat out working harder.

Also, lol @ Bickell's face in that interview, same colour as the sweater he's wearing. Woykin' wicked HAWWD boys.

Old
06-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Del Preston

vCash: 50

This is very enjoyable.

Old
06-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Everest

I can't remember a defence group anywhere near as mobile or gifted as what Chicago has put together.

We all know about Keith & Seabrook....but...Leddy looks like a second coming of Keith when he decides to go with it and even Roszival....the apparent 6th guy....can skate.

This is a group which can cover the entire rink with ease.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Chicago has to be careful here.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Everything that could go wrong for LA going wrong. Quick was awful in the first period. LA outshooting the Hawks 10-5 at one point and down 2 zip. The second goal particularly is one an NHL goalie has to make. Quick looked really off in the game throughout. Not sure if he has the flu or something but he was having some major trouble with coordination and having trouble even gloving pucks. Was really fighting it from the opening faceoff.

Kings played a real good first and down 2 goals. Thats tought. Credit to the Hawks for delivering euthanasia.

But lets see what happens in LA.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Chicago is completely and utterly dominating LA. This isn't even close. Will take a Herculean effort from LA to swing the momentum back their way. One period at a time... anything can happen... all these old cliches hold true of course but Kings look so much slower and less cohesive. IMO. Of course we all know what the defending SC champs are capable of and how they can come roaring back and just pound teams so I should probably bite my tongue but these are 5 fairly demoralizing periods of hockey for them, a supposed elite team. Doesn't look like they've been able to play their game whatsoever. Not to mention Chi is flat out working harder.

Also, lol @ Bickell's face in that interview, same colour as the sweater he's wearing. Woykin' wicked HAWWD boys.
Kings look pretty banged up after 2 tough series. They're own fault for not finishing higher in the standings. Hawks look like the fresher club.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Kings look pretty banged up after 2 tough series. They're own fault for not finishing higher in the standings. Hawks look like the fresher club.
They look like the more talented club imo. Deeper too. Not just about who has the legs. The Hawks look flat out better.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
They look like the more talented club imo. Deeper too. Not just about who has the legs. The Hawks look flat out better.
Well Richards injured and didn't play. Kopitar and Doughty are both playing injured.

How would Hawks look if Sharp, Keith, Toews were injured?

Kind of the way it goes. First round series against the Blues took a lot out of Doughty who were the Blues were hammering incessantly.

Reality here it the Kings had played two tougher opponents. Chicago really had a bye in the first round.

But thats why you finish first I guess.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:53 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Sounds like an excuse. The Hawks have flat out been the better team, the best offense that they have faced BY FAR in their 2 year run and also the deepest, fastest team.
It's not over yet because L.A. could just as easy win their 2 home games where they play a lot better but it's pretty obvious that the Kings weren't prepared for a team as good as the Hawks.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Sounds like an excuse. The Hawks have flat out been the better team, the best offense that they have faced BY FAR in their 2 year run and also the deepest, fastest team.
It's not over yet because L.A. could just as easy win their 2 home games where they play a lot better but it's pretty obvious that the Kings weren't prepared for a team as good as the Hawks.
At the moment it doesn't look like the Kings have the gas. Normally they move the puck around and transition much better than this. Kings look like the tired team.

Hawks playing very well and taking advantage of chances but LA outshot and arguably outplayed LA for much of the game. Strange game all round in which Quick was just awful.

Old
06-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Everest

Quote:
At the moment it doesn't look like the Kings have the gas. Normally they move the puck around and transition much better than this. Kings look like the tired team.

Hawks playing very well and taking advantage of chances but LA outshot and arguably outplayed LA for much of the game. Strange game all round in which Quick was just awful.
LA has let the lack of scoring linger too long and left too much in the hands of their goaltender.

I think Quick will recover somewhat for the next game...but...he's been BY FAR the biggest reason for LA's success this spring. The bubble had to burst sooner or later and the Kings have almost NOTHING happening on the offensive end of things.

Old
06-02-2013, 11:08 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Sharks have a weaker D than Chicago and didn't get a goal from their 3rd & 4th lines and took LAK to 7.

Old
06-02-2013, 11:11 PM
CupofOil

Quote:

The Hawks have been dictating the pace for the majority of the first 2 games, have taken L.A. completely out of their game by playing a high paced, forechecking game and keeping the puck in the L.A. zone. They just look like the faster, more cohesive unit thus far and did so before the injuries for L.A. started to hit.

Perhaps L.A. is gassed but i think even a fresh L.A. team would have a hard time against this Hawks team. As i said before, they haven't played a team this good in their 2 year run. Canucks, St.Louis (2) Phoenix, NJ, SJ are all at least a level below this Hawks team and the best of that group (likely '12-'13 St. Louis) plays the same style that the Kings play, basically a Kings-lite version. This is a whole new beast altogether that can actually push the pace 5 on 5 and score goals in bunches unlike the rest of those teams (outside of San Jose on the PP).
The series isn't over but the Kings are on life support.

Old
06-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Everest

Quote:
The Hawks have been dictating the pace for the majority of the first 2 games, have taken L.A. completely out of their game by playing a high paced, forechecking game and keeping the puck in the L.A. zone. They just look like the faster, more cohesive unit thus far and did so before the injuries for L.A. started to hit.

Perhaps L.A. is gassed but i think even a fresh L.A. team would have a hard time against this Hawks team. As i said before, they haven't played a team this good in their 2 year run. Canucks, St.Louis (2) Phoenix, NJ, SJ are all at least a level below this Hawks team and the best of that group (likely '12-'13 St. Louis) plays the same style that the Kings play, basically a Kings-lite version. This is a whole new beast altogether that can actually push the pace 5 on 5 and score goals in bunches unlike the rest of those teams (outside of San Jose on the PP).
The series isn't over but the Kings are on life support.
One thing I won't diminish is just how GOOD LA was last year. I don't think its fair to suggest or imply last years Championship was "Stanley-Lite".

We all know some key guys were OUT of various line ups last year...but...last years LA team was a powerhouse. They were 100% legit.

This year...that's not the case.

Old
06-03-2013, 12:02 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
One thing I won't diminish is just how GOOD LA was last year. I don't think its fair to suggest or imply last years Championship was "Stanley-Lite".

We all know some key guys were OUT of various line ups last year...but...last years LA team was a powerhouse. They were 100% legit.

This year...that's not the case.
'11-'12 L.A. was an excellent team but IMO, they weren't really tested by any teams that can really hurt them with high end offense. I think they were lucky to draw Vancouver (basically a one line team), St. Louis and Phoenix (basically lesser versions of the Kings) and the Devils who were one of the weakest finalists in years.
Credit to L.A. for mowing down those teams but man, that was a hell of an easy road (matchupwise) to the Cup in comparison to past Cup winners.

Old
06-03-2013, 12:44 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
'11-'12 L.A. was an excellent team but IMO, they weren't really tested by any teams that can really hurt them with high end offense. I think they were lucky to draw Vancouver (basically a one line team), St. Louis and Phoenix (basically lesser versions of the Kings) and the Devils who were one of the weakest finalists in years.
Credit to L.A. for mowing down those teams but man, that was a hell of an easy road (matchupwise) to the Cup in comparison to past Cup winners.
Oh god... not another "easy road" discussion...

-head explodes-

I'll just add my two cents of saying LA good, Chicago better, so far. You could have found that out by watching a game or by reading the NHL posts, but in every facet of the game so far, LA good, Chicago better.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Hockey Nightmare
Ex-hockey fan

I honestly don't know how NJ got to the finals last year, so I think LA did have it easy...

Old
06-03-2013, 01:37 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Well LA's been outplayed and out-won to start a series before this year. STL dominated at them in their 2 home games. Let's see what happens as this series shifts back to Staples Center.

Closed Thread