HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's over, now let's fix it. Keyboard GMs unite.

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 10:02 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
The difference between the 2nd line and the 3rd line at ES this season was around 3 minutes or less... a shift or two per period. Doesn't seem insurmountable, unless there are defensive matchups you're particularly worried about.

Thought I'm still one hoping we can con Grabovski out of the Leafs for cheap and with cash thrown in, or something crazy like that.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
The difference between the 2nd line and the 3rd line at ES this season was around 3 minutes or less... a shift or two per period. Doesn't seem insurmountable, unless there are defensive matchups you're particularly worried about.

Thought I'm still one hoping we can con Grabovski out of the Leafs for cheap and with cash thrown in, or something crazy like that.
Just say no to Grabovski. He's the kind of guy who puts up good numbers on bad teams and when the team gets good and he doesn't get prime ice time his numbers go in the tank. He's a little punk too based on his cheese fued with the Kostitsyn's. $5.5 mil? No thanks.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:30 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Just say no to Grabovski. He's the kind of guy who puts up good numbers on bad teams and when the team gets good and he doesn't get prime ice time his numbers go in the tank. He's a little punk too based on his cheese fued with the Kostitsyn's. $5.5 mil? No thanks.
That's some pretty "biting" criticism.

Last edited by ChibiPooky: 05-17-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old
05-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
That's some pretty biting criticism.
He's right though, Grabo is not wanted here. Bozak has more value as a UFA, as he might not be ideal for the team, but he is an all-situations player who is still pretty young.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughing View Post
IMO,
Ribs comes back; Alzner, too
Hendricks doesn't
Schultz finally goes away
Neuvy should be traded with that contract
Kundratek will not return
Backstrom (much as I love him) should be traded for a top Dman
Kuz & Schmidt will be legit help in two years
Oates will improve in year 2

This isn't much of a change but hopefully the D is better and they're more effective in the playoffs. Looks to me like people are in better roles and/or we don't fix what isn't broken. I've seen Nicky fail in the spring time more than I ever wanted to...

Erat – Ribeiro – Ovechkin
Laich – Johansson – Brouwer
Fehr – Perreault – Ward
Chimera – Beagle – Wilson
(Volpatti)

[NB Trade] – Green
Alzner – Carlson
Erskine – Orlov
(Oleksy, Hillen)

Holby
Vet
I've considered the idea of trading 19, but only with a C coming back. That C lineup in your post is horrific and wouldn't even take it to 7 games in a playoff series, nevermind the Cup.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:52 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
He's right though, Grabo is not wanted here. Bozak has more value as a UFA, as he might not be ideal for the team, but he is an all-situations player who is still pretty young.
I really just wanted to use the word 'biting' in the context of Grabovski.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:02 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Grabovski >> Bozak. A team that overpays Bozak is going to be hilariously disappointed (and I kind of hope it's the Leafs, just because).

Old
05-17-2013, 01:18 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
That's some pretty "biting" criticism.
Not a fan of the guy on any level.

If we let Ribs go I want MP given a full shot next year at 2C. Its about time he gets a true top 6 chance and budget wise he would work.

Laich at 3C and Beagle at 4C.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:31 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Not a fan of the guy on any level.

If we let Ribs go I want MP given a full shot next year at 2C. Its about time he gets a true top 6 chance and budget wise he would work.

Laich at 3C and Beagle at 4C.
My post was an ill-received jab at the Grabovski - Pacioretty incident.

I want Johansson tried at C again. He's stronger and playing stronger now, and certainly has the upside over Perreault IMO. Plus Perreault fits extremely well at 3C - his line was very good. I'd put Laich at 2LW. 4th line can more or less sort itself out... I really liked the way Beagle was playing at RW better than C over the last part of the season and playoffs.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I want Johansson tried at C again. He's stronger and playing stronger now, and certainly has the upside over Perreault IMO. Plus Perreault fits extremely well at 3C - his line was very good. I'd put Laich at 2LW. 4th line can more or less sort itself out... I really liked the way Beagle was playing at RW better than C over the last part of the season and playoffs.
Huh, he is/was?

I haven't seen any noticeable strength gain. Still coughs up the puck like clockwork.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:40 PM
BobRouse

Quote:

Got it a bit late

MJ is stronger. However...he still doesn't go to the dirty areas. I guess at C he won't need to as much.

MP is fearless and sticks his nose in there. He scraps in front of the net. MJ like Backstrom can be a bit frustrating at times. I wish they had the will of MP.

I'd be ok with what you say. I do think we need a more fearsome LW who is mean on Ovechkin's line. Can't have two perimeter players and him.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:40 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Huh, he is/was?

I haven't seen any noticeable strength gain. Still coughs up the puck like clockwork.
Not in open ice, where he'd spend more time as a C than a W. Plus, if he's going to turn the puck over like clockwork, I want him doing it on a line that doesn't contain two of the best three players on the team.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:26 PM
ahimsa

Quote:

I don't know Grabovski well. He seems to have good skill and there is something about him that always grabs my attention. Would he be a good fit for the Caps team? Who would he replace?

Old
05-17-2013, 02:27 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Grabovski >> Bozak. A team that overpays Bozak is going to be hilariously disappointed (and I kind of hope it's the Leafs, just because).
No doubt he will be overpaid, but that's because this year's UFA class downright sucks.

Leafs fans are saying he's worth 3-3.5M and the expected going price will be 4.25-5M.

I don't want him on the Caps unless he's south of 4.0M and Ribs cashes in with another team.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:28 PM
ahimsa

Any news on the Hendricks contract? What would losing him mean to the locker room not to mention on ice?

Old
05-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
Any news on the Hendricks contract? What would losing him mean to the locker room not to mention on ice?
Not very much.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:44 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
Probably more in the locker room than on ice. His skill set is quite replaceable. On the other hand, my Hendricks jersey was the only one that could get any wins this season. Brouwer and Beagle were like a combined 3-13.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Probably more in the locker room than on ice. His skill set is quite replaceable. On the other hand, my Hendricks jersey was the only one that could get any wins this season. Brouwer and Beagle were like a combined 3-13.
The Brouwer jersey's record probably got even worse in the playoffs. #burn

Old
05-17-2013, 02:47 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
The Brouwer jersey's record probably got even worse in the playoffs. #burn
It went 2-2, though the second loss is my fault. I left it in when, according to the rule, I should have pulled it after the Game 3 loss.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
No doubt he will be overpaid, but that's because this year's UFA class downright sucks.

Leafs fans are saying he's worth 3-3.5M and the expected going price will be 4.25-5M.

I don't want him on the Caps unless he's south of 4.0M and Ribs cashes in with another team.
I think even 3 would be an overpayment. He's good at faceoffs and the shootout. He's bad defensively and generally makes guys he plays with worse. The only reason he's ever produced is because he fits with Kessel; he sure as heck can't drive play on his own.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:53 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Yeah, I personally don't want either of Grabovski or Bozak. Not that the Caps could afford to bring either in anyway. They're gonna have to let Ribeiro walk just to fit the rest of the roster under the cap, or work some serious magic with trades.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:38 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I'd much rather take a shot at Weiss than get Grabovski.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:55 PM
sillygoose

You guise want to fix it? Wait a week(maybe 2 or 3), then you'll be too ashamed to post.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:32 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
You guise want to fix it? Wait a week(maybe 2 or 3), then you'll be too ashamed to post.
What?

Old
05-17-2013, 04:46 PM
DanTHEMan71

Imagine if Backstrom had the heart of MP85. Everyone here, and myself included, wouldn't even considering trading him. It seem like Nicky's lost his extra gear and scoring touch over the last couple years. I'd attribute that to his injuries and the constant staff changes we've gone through.

Like all players his age, he could very well regain his form very soon. I'm hoping he does because we can't really trade him if we want to compete for the playoffs next year. I can't see us getting equal present value for him this summer. We'd get mostly futures pieces that wouldn't pay dividends until at least 2 years down the road. We really just have to wait it out with him because, whether we like his recent play or not, his contract has ridiculous value for his upside.

Closed Thread