HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's over, now let's fix it. Keyboard GMs unite.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2013, 03:36 PM
  #101
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Neuvirth and a 1st for a 2nd
Done. And no backsies!

No, seriously, what would you guys want? Obviously our preference would be for a draft pick, but since we more or less have a unofficial $50 million budget, would you be interested in maybe Moss?

IPreferPi is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:36 PM
  #102
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke
 
QuadrupleDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Someone threw out a Backstrom for Koivu, Clutterbuck + idea on the trade board. I like that framework quite a bit.
Why would the Wild do that?

It takes 2 teams to trade...

QuadrupleDeke is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
  #103
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Done. And no backsies!

No, seriously, what would you guys want? Obviously our preference would be for a draft pick, but since we more or less have a unofficial $50 million budget, would you be interested in maybe Moss?
Neuvirth for Klesla makes more sense than Johansson for Klesla.

Laich would make a whole lot more sense to move than Johansson, but not sure how the Yotes could make that salary fit.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:38 PM
  #104
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
I think keeping Ribeiro is a must. We finally get a top end 2C and now we don't want to keep him?

I think we HAVE to find a way to keep him. This year he wasnt too good at ES, but in 4 of the 5 previous seasons he has ES point totals of 48, 48, 52, 55. This year was just a down year offensively at ES for him, in a shortened sample size. Even if you generously project him to have only 20 PP points next year, he should be a lock for 65 points at the very least, which we should not pass up IMO.

Erat-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Horton-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Laich-Perreault-Fehr
Chimera-Beagle-Wilson

Alzner-Green
Orlov/FA/Trade-Carlson
Orlov/FA/Trade-Oleksy

Holtby


Trade Johansson for either a 1st in this years draft, a good forward/Defensemen prospect+, or a top 4 LHD.

Trade ward to the highest bidder. He's a solid 3rd liner but there's better ways to spend some of that 3M (Ribeiro or maybe a guy like Horton).
Can't fit that roster under the cap. Would need one more D and there's only 4 mil left; Only Horton is going to get more than that,

Quote:
FORWARDS
Martin Erat ($4.500m) / Nicklas Backstrom ($6.700m) / Alex Ovechkin ($9.538m)
Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Troy Brouwer ($3.667m)
Jason Chimera ($1.750m) / Mathieu Perreault ($1.050m) / Eric Fehr ($1.500m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.575m) / Jay Beagle ($0.900m) / Tom Wilson ($1.325m)
DEFENSEMEN
Karl Alzner ($3.250m) / Mike Green ($6.083m)
Jack Hillen ($0.700m) / John Carlson ($3.967m)
Dmitry Orlov ($0.900m) / Steven Oleksy ($0.542m)
GOALTENDERS
Michal Neuvirth ($2.500m)
Braden Holtby ($1.850m)
OTHER
Buyout: Jeff Schultz ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,796,795; BONUSES: $560,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $4,063,205

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:41 PM
  #105
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,805
vCash: 500
A Rangers fan proposed Laich, Mojo, and Kundratek for Staal.

Would anyone say no to that?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:46 PM
  #106
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke
 
QuadrupleDeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
A Rangers fan proposed Laich, Mojo, and Kundratek for Staal.

Would anyone say no to that?
Assuming there are no long-term effects from Staal's injury, I'd drive those three to New York myself.

Just under $4m/year for 2 more years for a 26-year-old legitimate top-pairing defenseman? Great contract.

QuadrupleDeke is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
  #107
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Neuvirth for Klesla makes more sense than Johansson for Klesla.

Laich would make a whole lot more sense to move than Johansson, but not sure how the Yotes could make that salary fit.
Yotes wouldn't be interested in trading for Laich. We need affordable young talent up front. Johansson more than fits the bill if he's available (and he may very well be should the Caps resign Ribiero), and Klesla looks pretty ideal for you guys too.

IPreferPi is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
  #108
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
A Rangers fan proposed Laich, Mojo, and Kundratek for Staal.

Would anyone say no to that?
Not if it were pre-eye-injury Staal. Now, I wouldn't do it.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 04:33 PM
  #109
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
I think keeping Ribeiro is a must. We finally get a top end 2C and now we don't want to keep him?

I think we HAVE to find a way to keep him. This year he wasnt too good at ES, but in 4 of the 5 previous seasons he has ES point totals of 48, 48, 52, 55. This year was just a down year offensively at ES for him, in a shortened sample size. Even if you generously project him to have only 20 PP points next year, he should be a lock for 65 points at the very least, which we should not pass up IMO.

Erat-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Horton-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Laich-Perreault-Fehr
Chimera-Beagle-Wilson

Alzner-Green
Orlov/FA/Trade-Carlson
Orlov/FA/Trade-Oleksy

Holtby


Trade Johansson for either a 1st in this years draft, a good forward/Defensemen prospect+, or a top 4 LHD.

Trade ward to the highest bidder. He's a solid 3rd liner but there's better ways to spend some of that 3M (Ribeiro or maybe a guy like Horton).
I am sorry but I think people are making way too much out of this series in their assessment of MJ. First off, I don't think he was nearly as bad as people make him out to be. I saw many instances where he was strong on the puck, it's in him. He also had a few nice setups that weren't cashed in. His lack of finishing will improve. To give him up for a mid-first would be beyond stupid. There is no guarantee that guy would be anywhere MJ's level in his 3rd season, and I fully expect the kid to continue improving. If we trade him it had better be for a top 10 pick (and even then expect that we don't see returns for a few seasons) or a LD.

Speaking of D, I strongly believe Orlov is a solid 2nd pairing guy in the making. I'm not sure what he did to puss off the coaching staff or management, but hopefully that resolves next season. I am very curious about Schmidt.

Capsman is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:00 PM
  #110
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
Why would the Wild do that?

It takes 2 teams to trade...
Koivu was probably worse than Backstrom in these playoffs.

Carlzner is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:00 PM
  #111
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
I am sorry but I think people are making way too much out of this series in their assessment of MJ. First off, I don't think he was nearly as bad as people make him out to be. I saw many instances where he was strong on the puck, it's in him. He also had a few nice setups that weren't cashed in. His lack of finishing will improve. To give him up for a mid-first would be beyond stupid. There is no guarantee that guy would be anywhere MJ's level in his 3rd season, and I fully expect the kid to continue improving. If we trade him it had better be for a top 10 pick (and even then expect that we don't see returns for a few seasons) or a LD.

Speaking of D, I strongly believe Orlov is a solid 2nd pairing guy in the making. I'm not sure what he did to puss off the coaching staff or management, but hopefully that resolves next season. I am very curious about Schmidt.
Johansson wasn't bad. 19 was dragging down both Mojo and Alex. It was painfully obvious.

Carlzner is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:11 PM
  #112
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
Johansson wasn't bad. 19 was dragging down both Mojo and Alex. It was painfully obvious.
MAJO disappeared as soon as the physical play picked up. I think his inability to deal with the physical play does not stop with his own physical development, I think it's also in his head/heart. He didn't have to deal with that style in Sweden and the Caps fast tracked him just about immediately to the NHL so he never had the opportunity to adjust to NA hockey way.

Besides sick of his fn drop passes.

He's one of the ones on my list that I'd have no problem seeing the Caps move.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:14 PM
  #113
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500

Cush is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:16 PM
  #114
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
A Rangers fan proposed Laich, Mojo, and Kundratek for Staal.

Would anyone say no to that?
First of all, that's funny that they would want Kundratek back.

Staal would only be here for a cup of coffee on his way south to join his brothers, he has two season left after this one before he's a UFA.

BiPolar Caps is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:20 PM
  #115
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
I am sorry but I think people are making way too much out of this series in their assessment of MJ. First off, I don't think he was nearly as bad as people make him out to be. I saw many instances where he was strong on the puck, it's in him. He also had a few nice setups that weren't cashed in. His lack of finishing will improve. To give him up for a mid-first would be beyond stupid. There is no guarantee that guy would be anywhere MJ's level in his 3rd season, and I fully expect the kid to continue improving. If we trade him it had better be for a top 10 pick (and even then expect that we don't see returns for a few seasons) or a LD.

Speaking of D, I strongly believe Orlov is a solid 2nd pairing guy in the making. I'm not sure what he did to puss off the coaching staff or management, but hopefully that resolves next season. I am very curious about Schmidt.
Mojo is one of my favorite players but if you were able to trade him for a top 4 LHD, or a 1st, and sign a guy like Horton who brings physicality to the top 6 (and much better goal scoring), I think you do it.

caps4cup is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:23 PM
  #116
Robert Theodorson
Registered User
 
Robert Theodorson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,347
vCash: 500
The first step towards "fixing" the Caps is getting a new General Manager.

If GMGM is here next year, which I fully expect him to be, it's same ol' Caps. Out in the 1st or 2nd round, and we will be right back here in the summer of 2014.

Anyone disagree?

Robert Theodorson is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:25 PM
  #117
DanTHEMan71
Registered User
 
DanTHEMan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post

Anyone disagree?
Nope.

DanTHEMan71 is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:25 PM
  #118
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,443
vCash: 500
i imagine there are rangers fans that didnt know the rangers ever had kundratek.

orlov might be a quality second pair d in the making. i dont think he will be made for next season, though. particularly if oates insists he plays right d because he is right handed.

the caps have green and carlson. i doubt seriously if the caps trade green for a forward that orlov and carlson could make up that production and minutes without a fall off.

i think schmidt is the guy. i think orlov gets traded.

txpd is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:26 PM
  #119
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
Horton would be a very nice fit... But we have no cap space.

Carlzner is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:38 PM
  #120
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
The first step towards "fixing" the Caps is getting a new General Manager.

If GMGM is here next year, which I fully expect him to be, it's same ol' Caps. Out in the 1st or 2nd round, and we will be right back here in the summer of 2014.

Anyone disagree?
i am wondering what you expect a new gm would do?

i am pretty sure that the caps are the caps. if they got a new gm, he would either largely keep things the same to let things play out with oates.

or he would turn things upside down and the team would still blow a two game lead in the playoffs and lose.

the thing about the new gm thing is that everyone thinks the new gm is going to do things that they think need to be done. just a reminder. look at the deals that brian burke made in toronto. a bunch here want burke. that phil kessel deal was hard on toronto. signing jeff finger a wonderful move and so on.

what are you thinking happens if leonsis decides not to reup mcphee assuming his contract really is expiring.

txpd is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:47 PM
  #121
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
Horton would be a very nice fit... But we have no cap space.
There's gotta be a way we can fit him in me thinks. We can save 3 mil by trading Neuvirth and if Alzner takes 2m instead of 3.25. That leaves us 7m for Horton and a Defensemen.

This is according to the capgeek roster posted near the top of the page.

caps4cup is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 05:49 PM
  #122
SashaSemin28
Because Its The Caps
 
SashaSemin28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Velikobritaniya
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,964
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to SashaSemin28
Get Sasha and Varly back, get Fedorov in as gm, etc

SashaSemin28 is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 06:00 PM
  #123
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
orlov might be a quality second pair d in the making. i dont think he will be made for next season, though. particularly if oates insists he plays right d because he is right handed.

the caps have green and carlson. i doubt seriously if the caps trade green for a forward that orlov and carlson could make up that production and minutes without a fall off.

i think schmidt is the guy. i think orlov gets traded.
Orlov is a lefty and I think Schmidt will need more AHL time to polish up his defensive game. IMO Kundratek is the odd-man out given his skill set and their apparent inclination towards Oleksy. Teams with crappy PPs ought to be interested.

After the Forsberg trade the Burke criticisms kind of go out the window I think, though Fenton is a little more appealing overall.

Langway is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 06:21 PM
  #124
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Orlov is a lefty and I think Schmidt will need more AHL time to polish up his defensive game. IMO Kundratek is the odd-man out given his skill set and their apparent inclination towards Oleksy. Teams with crappy PPs ought to be interested.

After the Forsberg trade the Burke criticisms kind of go out the window I think, though Fenton is a little more appealing overall.
orlov is a lefty that doesnt like the left side. we will see.

what are you expecting out of forsberg? how could the forsberg trade hold a candle to the kessel deal? do you forsberg as a better player than kessel?

txpd is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 06:28 PM
  #125
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust
 
Raikkonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 500
Trade Backstrom for Semin!

Raikkonen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.