HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 WCSF #1 San Jose SHARKS @ Los Angeles Kings 14 May 2013 7:00pm PDT - NBCSN TSN

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 04:57 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

vCash: 500
Here we come! It's our year.
Own it

The new cup champions will have to go through the defending cup champions. So be it!

Old
05-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post

I'm starting to get annoyed with the Couture love. You know it's because he's the only young guy we have. But all this attention and praise he's getting makes it seem as though we don't have any other players on the team.

And I am frankly worried that he'll see it and think "I should go play in the east where I'll get more hype from the media, like the Edmonton kids".
And that is why it's better to pour the haterade on him and praise Thornton. Or Marleau maybe. But not really Marleau.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:03 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
What does he mean by age group? Like, 22-25, or exactly 24? Cause P. Kane, Subban, arguably Benn and McDonagh are better than him from just his draft year, but if you go to 2008, you have Stamkos, Doughty, Pietrangelo, and way more guys. He's not even close.

I'm a big fan but holy **** is he overrated. The only player on our team I feel is strongly overrated by HF, along with maybe Boyle and also Heatley when he was here.
There are only 3 All-Stars from that 2007 draft class: Kane, Benn, and Couture.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:06 PM
crunchyblack*
juice monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Why does Vegas have you guys as such huge underdogs tonight? +140?
Bodog has us +160 lol

Old
05-14-2013, 05:12 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblack View Post
Bodog has us +160 lol
ALL IN!

Old
05-14-2013, 05:19 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Snog-

Hungry Sharks feast on all the Kings horses and all the Kings men and Humpty Quick cant be put together again....4-1 Sharks..Burns,Torres,Juicy,Boyle........Richards

Old
05-14-2013, 05:21 PM
rideaucrusher21

Why is Couture getting all the love?

8 points in 4 games while being matched up against the Sedins and shutting them down. He really couldn't have had a better 4 games. That's a Crosby-ish 4 game stretch right there. He's a great player, but I agree he's getting over-hyped. He deserves it though, great series for him, hope he can keep it going.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
I swear it's a tradition around these parts to bicker about bottom pairing D men or bottom 6 forwards, as if they are going to be the catalyst of the series.
Well, then again, we've learned that with our series, it's often the bottom six performance vs each other than makes all the difference. In a tight series filled with one-goal games, the bottom six giving up a goal is a huge deal.

Quote:
I'm starting to get annoyed with the Couture love. You know it's because he's the only young guy we have. But all this attention and praise he's getting makes it seem as though we don't have any other players on the team.
Then again Couture's goalscoring touch may just be the best on the team. That's a huge deal. Someone mentioned Bergeron, but he's not a perennial 30 goal scorer. Couture has barely begun his career and he already is. That's huge for such a young player.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:

And I am frankly worried that he'll see it and think "I should go play in the east where I'll get more hype from the media, like the Edmonton kids".
I think it is more indicative of how good he is already, how young he is, how good he could potentially be and how we have not had a draft prospect with his ceiling in some time. The kid really does do a lot on both ends of the ice and gets all the praise he deserves. Wasn't he at one time projected to be a top pick but dropped to to mono?

I also think that Couture's personality (based on him wanting to compete with those getting more attention to him) wouldn't drive him somewhere to make that competition easier. I think it would only fuel him to work harder to get it justly in San Jose. He doesn't seem like the kind of player that wants things to be easier.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:30 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Well, then again, we've learned that with our series, it's often the bottom six performance vs each other than makes all the difference. In a tight series filled with one-goal games, the bottom six giving up a goal is a huge deal.
I'm more referencing the pummeling Scott Hannan got before the series with the Canucks started, and how we were going to get smoked with him in the lineup and it turned out he played just fine. Now we're bickering about a bottom 6 forward that doesn't exactly eat up a ton of minutes during the course of a game.

I really don't see Sheppard/Desjardins/Kearns being the deciding factors in this series. Don't get me wrong, they'll be important defensive cogs both 5 on 5 and on the PK, but none will be the be-all-end-all for the Sharks.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:30 PM
couturefan39

3-2 Sharks
Pavelski, Couture, Marleau
Williams, Carter

Old
05-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail

Quote:

Why does it have to be one or the other? Couture's been getting plenty of praise and rightfully so, but so have guys like Pavs, Marleau, Niemi, Burns, Torres, etc. I realize that Logan is one of your least favorite Sharks, but I think you're overreacting a bit. Just be happy that the kid is finally getting his due.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:34 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
2-0 Marleau, Burns, Niemi SHUTOUT

It doesn't "officially" count as jinx since he's Vancouver fan!

Old
05-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post

Then again Couture's goalscoring touch may just be the best on the team. That's a huge deal. Someone mentioned Bergeron, but he's not a perennial 30 goal scorer. Couture has barely begun his career and he already is. That's huge for such a young player.
Couture's also played with better forwards than Bergeron.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Why does it have to be one or the other? Couture's been getting plenty of praise and rightfully so, but so have guys like Pavs, Marleau, Niemi, Burns, Torres, etc. I realize that Logan is one of your least favorite Sharks, but I think you're overreacting a bit. Just be happy that the kid is finally getting his due.
Jux hates everyone except Marleau.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Couture's also played with better forwards than Bergeron.
Has he? Marleau sure, but Clowe, Heatley and "the other guy" on the line?

Couture scores 30 regardless of who he has played with on that line. He didn't do any better with Thornton feeding him

Old
05-14-2013, 05:39 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It Stinks!

Eh, it's better for Patty to fly under the radar. He seems to hate being in the spotlight. Couture's the opposite, where he craves that pressure and attention.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Leafs27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs27 View Post
Leafs fan here. Cheering for you guys to win against the Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Welcome. Sorry about .. you know...
I know all too well... It's been a rough last 21 or so hours. But, proud of my team still!

Oh, and all of us thank you for beating out the 'Nucks!

Old
05-14-2013, 05:42 PM
PlaywithGutz*

the sharks better nutt up tonight and match LA hit for hit or this series will done early..

PlaywithGutz'z Keys to the Queens
-Relentless forecheck
-Win the 50/50's in ALL 3 Zones by outworking the Queens
-Win majority of board play
-Shoot everything, with traffic and crash the net..Get Quick deep in his crease

LA just went through a VERY physical series and if SJ wants to put LA behind the 8ball early...go to the body - EVERYBODY FINISHES...if SJ doesn't match the physical play..LA in 6 and SJ will be

Old
05-14-2013, 05:44 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDan View Post
It doesn't "officially" count as jinx since he's Vancouver fan!
Liar! I am a VanIslander, from Vancouver Island, but as a Canadian hockey fan I choose my own hockey teams and don't just root for the closest team.

I am a Sharks fan through and through.

I still say it'll be 2-0 with a Niemi shutout.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:46 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Liar! I am a VanIslander, from Vancouver Island, but as a Canadian hockey fan I choose my own hockey teams and don't just root for the closest team.

I am a Sharks fan through and through.

I still say it'll be 2-0 with a Niemi shutout.
Vancouver Island is awesome. Went golfing in a thunder/hail storm up in Tofino like 5 years back

Old
05-14-2013, 05:48 PM
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda

The best thing I've seen all day...

Old
05-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Pacalon

Hey fellas, HUGE fan here. New to HF Boards (joined for an NHL 13 league), but lookin forward to watching and discussing this upcoming Sharks win with you guys.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Sharks fans complain when the media doesn't pay attention and complains when they do.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
I think the fact that the Sharks moved up to get him, showing him that they believed in him where others didn't, will go a long ways. The Sharks treatment in general, re-signing him early, giving him every opportunity to succeed and the fact that the Sharks know how hard it is for them to get a player of his caliber by the draft or trade will keep the boy in Teal for years to come.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Closed Thread