HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post your best lineup for next year

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-25-2013, 01:56 PM
  #176
Jussijuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post
Instead of Scuderi, we could trade for Edler then
Or, instead of Scuderi you could add Komisarek at $1.5 million and Brad Richards at $3 million to move Ruutu out of Center and give the 3rd* line the Playmaker it needs. Good add for the pp too.


Last edited by Jussijuice: 05-25-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Jussijuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 02:13 AM
  #177
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 14,403
vCash: 50
Behold and stand in awe of your official, 2013//2014 Carolina TROLLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOOLLLLOLLOLOOLOLOOLLOLLOOLLe rcanes.


CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
----------------------------------------

My Custom Lineup
------------------

FORWARDS
-----------

Jiri Tlusty ($1.600m) / Eric Staal ($8.250m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m) Sweet TEA Line
Jonathan Drouin ($0.925m) / Jordan Staal ($6.000m) / Jeff Skinner ($5.725m) Super Awesome 2nd Line
Drayson Bowman ($0.600m) / Tuomo Ruutu ($4.750m) / Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) Energy Line
Kevin Westgarth ($0.725m) / Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / George Parros ($0.938m) The All-Princeton Line
Patrick Dwyer ($0.900m) /

DEFENSEMEN
-------------

Justin Faulk ($0.900m) / Marc Staal ($3.975m)
Joni Pitkanen ($4.500m) / Tim Gleason ($4.000m)
Jay Harrison ($1.500m) / Ryan Murphy ($1.313m)
Brett Bellemore ($0.525m) /

GOALTENDERS
--------------

Cam Ward ($6.300m)
Dan Ellis ($0.800m)

OTHER
-------

Buyout: Derek Joslin ($0.125m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.400% of upper limit)
Jussi Jokinen ($0.900m—0.3%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,192,500; BONUSES: $460,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $567,500

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:38 PM
  #178
Bergeron47
Registered User
 
Bergeron47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,730
vCash: 966
I don't see many rosters with Bobby Sanguinetti. Do you guys think he starts in the AHL next year?

Bergeron47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:56 PM
  #179
Novacane
Registered User
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 19,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
I don't see many rosters with Bobby Sanguinetti. Do you guys think he starts in the AHL next year?
Think? Maybe. Hope? My God yes.

He's probably carried as a 7/8 D.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:00 PM
  #180
Bergeron47
Registered User
 
Bergeron47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,730
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
Think? Maybe. Hope? My God yes.

He's probably carried as a 7/8 D.
Was he really that bad? I've never seen him play. Just looking at his stats, he's put up really good offensive numbers in every other league he's played in.

Bergeron47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:03 PM
  #181
Blueline Bomber
Noah MAN-ifin
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 25,828
vCash: 500
He's terrible defensively, and not productive enough offensively to justify that.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:34 PM
  #182
Stephen Goalbert
Puck Don't Lie
 
Stephen Goalbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
Was he really that bad? I've never seen him play. Just looking at his stats, he's put up really good offensive numbers in every other league he's played in.
No he wasn't that bad. He was brutal the first 10 or so games but he became pretty serviceable by year's end. I wouldn't necessarily like to see him in the top six next year, but he wasn't terrible.

Stephen Goalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:49 PM
  #183
Joe McGrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Made Punk View Post
No he wasn't that bad. He was brutal the first 10 or so games but he became pretty serviceable by year's end. I wouldn't necessarily like to see him in the top six next year, but he wasn't terrible.
He was serviceable compared to the other options. The Bruins have 10 defenseman better than him, for example.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:32 PM
  #184
semin4captain
Registered User
 
semin4captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,756
vCash: 500
Sanguinetti has no business playing for an NHL team. He should be a 10th or 11th option on a half-decent team. He must have singlehandedly cost the team at least 15 goals against in a partial season while playing sheltered bottom pairing minutes and provided next to nothing offensively (which is quite amazing considering he pinches every shift). He ****ing sucks.

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 01:07 AM
  #185
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,425
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Sanguinetti might follow a developmental curve like Joe Corvo... who few people remember played in the AHL in 04-05 for a few games as a 27 year old. He has earned consideration as the 7th defense option, but the unit on the whole needs to get better as he grows into an NHL defender. I think he'll get there, but he's been pretty brutal at times. The offensive instinct is there and all the measurables are as well, but sometimes it takes those guys into the mid to late 20's to put it all together. I think we'll see improvement this upcoming season, but probably nothing earth shattering.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 01:12 AM
  #186
bilpeto
Best Bandwagon Ever
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Plus, in Sanguinetti's defense...Jay Harrison went from absolutely ****ing terrible to pretty serviceable after his first full season here concluded and the second one began. So hopefully Bobby can do something similar.

bilpeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 01:18 AM
  #187
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,425
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Plus, in Sanguinetti's defense...Jay Harrison went from absolutely ****ing terrible to pretty serviceable after his first full season here concluded and the second one began. So hopefully Bobby can do something similar.
Even though it kind of counters my point, Harrison played through injuries he shouldn't have during his debut with Carolina because he wanted to stick so badly. Never a good idea to be honest. He went down to the AHL, got healthy, and started to dominate games down there. The front office noticed and picked him up for another year to see how it shaked out in camp and he was healthy enough to really show his capabilities. There again, he was much older than Sanguinetti is now. He was entering his prime.

Sanguinetti didn't really have that issue this season, as he has in seasons prior, where injuries were a factor. He's just going through some early growing pains. I have little doubt he'll have a decent NHL career, but I doubt he'll ever be a guy that stays with one team for a long time. He'll be a capable hand somewhere on a season to season basis.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 08:37 AM
  #188
semin4captain
Registered User
 
semin4captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,756
vCash: 500
Most defensemen who are terrible at Sanguinetti's age stay terrible. We can continue to lose hockey games by investing in him and hoping otherwise, but I really don't think it should be too difficult to put together a group of 7 defensemen who are better than him.

And Corvo/Harrison are marginal bottom pairing options. If that's the huge payoff we are going to get out of Sanguinetti then we should just move on. We signed both of them for the combined price of a whopping $3.5M and Corvo probably could have been had for cheaper if JR didn't have a crush on him. There is *no point* in wasting time and losing games developing such players when you can get them for next to nothing once they are already developed.

semin4captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 10:11 AM
  #189
StormCast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaxing Joni Jokel View Post
Most defensemen who are terrible at Sanguinetti's age stay terrible. We can continue to lose hockey games by investing in him and hoping otherwise, but I really don't think it should be too difficult to put together a group of 7 defensemen who are better than him.

And Corvo/Harrison are marginal bottom pairing options. If that's the huge payoff we are going to get out of Sanguinetti then we should just move on. We signed both of them for the combined price of a whopping $3.5M and Corvo probably could have been had for cheaper if JR didn't have a crush on him. There is *no point* in wasting time and losing games developing such players when you can get them for next to nothing once they are already developed.
Other than being cheap, a RHD and a favorite of Dave Lewis, I don't see much in Sangs. I don't see him improving to the "level" of Corvo.

Oh, and the point about Corvo being in the AHL during 04-05 was nothing more than going to play near his home during the lockout. Let's not act as if he was the late bloomer who even got demoted and improved later.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:31 AM
  #190
bilpeto
Best Bandwagon Ever
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Even though it kind of counters my point, Harrison played through injuries he shouldn't have during his debut with Carolina because he wanted to stick so badly. Never a good idea to be honest. He went down to the AHL, got healthy, and started to dominate games down there. The front office noticed and picked him up for another year to see how it shaked out in camp and he was healthy enough to really show his capabilities. There again, he was much older than Sanguinetti is now. He was entering his prime.

Sanguinetti didn't really have that issue this season, as he has in seasons prior, where injuries were a factor. He's just going through some early growing pains. I have little doubt he'll have a decent NHL career, but I doubt he'll ever be a guy that stays with one team for a long time. He'll be a capable hand somewhere on a season to season basis.
While I guess that's true (I didn't know about Harrison's injuries that split season he had), my point was more in line with this board's snowballed line of thinking. Everyone eventually got onto the "Harrison sucks" train, which led to a big commotion about re-signing him after that lackluster first season in the sightless eye. After putting together a couple of respectable seasons, everybody is comfortable with the play that Harrison brings after being so down on him before.


While I'm not a Sanguinetti supporter by any means, I think all of the talk about him doing terrible (which wasn't really true as the season went on...he became much better throughout the year) could possibly shift to optimism if he improves enough to have a role on this team after Lewis works with him some more.

Whether he does improve (or make the team) will remain to be seen though, with the fact that Murphy is almost a guarantee to be on the team. I think they'll re-sign him for a year and have him work his hardest to prove himself, and then re-evaluate. There's really no harm in doing so...either he makes the NHL and proves himself, or he is a strong player in the AHL and helps Charlotte out.

bilpeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
  #191
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 34,206
vCash: 562
Sangs in the AHL to start next season as a #8/9 option is fine, he's not great but it's not like he's Cam Barker terrible by any means either.

The problem we have right now is that we don't have anything beyond Pitkanen, Faulk, and Gleason that are top 4 caliber, and we've been using #6s and #7s to fill the gap. It isn't workable long term. We need another top 4 guy and a #5 this offseason. But if Sangs is slotted appropriately as a #8 I don't see what the big deal about bringing him back is. Have him split the season between here and Charlotte, being called up when necessary.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 12:02 PM
  #192
bilpeto
Best Bandwagon Ever
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Sangs in the AHL to start next season as a #8/9 option is fine, he's not great but it's not like he's Cam Barker terrible by any means either.

The problem we have right now is that we don't have anything beyond Pitkanen, Faulk, and Gleason that are top 4 caliber, and we've been using #6s and #7s to fill the gap. It isn't workable long term. We need another top 4 guy and a #5 this offseason. But if Sangs is slotted appropriately as a #8 I don't see what the big deal about bringing him back is. Have him split the season between here and Charlotte, being called up when necessary.
Absolutely...which is why JR should be calling up Holmgren nearly every day to ask about Coburn/Meszaros. Or whatever other team is looking to shed salary/cap with a serviceable defenseman for the top-4(no Ballard, please). Or whatever options are lurking about in FA that won't cost more than they're reasonably worth.


Wait, what the ****? I'm looking at Capgeek, and under their "most popular buyouts" category, Crosby is #2. Richards, Luongo, DiPietro, Bryzgalov, Lecavalier, Briere, Hossa, Fleury, and Booth are all reasonable. But Crosby at #2. What?

bilpeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 12:05 PM
  #193
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 34,206
vCash: 562
Honestly really hoping we go after Coburn/Meszaros as a cap dump from Philly (McBain + Conditional Pick for either) and sign Komi on the cheap after he's a compliance buyout to work the 3rd pairing.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 12:25 PM
  #194
Joe McGrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
"after Lewis works with him"

Starting to wonder what kind of positive effect Lewis has had. Is he the reason Faulk is so good so fast? Maybe. Is he the reason McBain got so bad so fast? Don't know. Gleason hasn't been the same player since Lewis showed up.

The D in general has been somewhere between below average to piss poor since he got here. Is it all personnel or is it something more?

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 12:35 PM
  #195
bilpeto
Best Bandwagon Ever
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
"after Lewis works with him"

Starting to wonder what kind of positive effect Lewis has had. Is he the reason Faulk is so good so fast? Maybe. Is he the reason McBain got so bad so fast? Don't know. Gleason hasn't been the same player since Lewis showed up.

The D in general has been somewhere between below average to piss poor since he got here. Is it all personnel or is it something more?
I mainly meant that Lewis seems enamored with Sanguinetti and wants to see him succeed more than anything else. Since Lewis has been so adamant about having Sanguinetti in the lineup, I feel like he'll be more determined to get the results he wants out of him, rather than just giving up and moving on.

Either way though, I really can't directly answer your comment. The defense has changed, the coaching staff has changed, the systems have changed...so probably one of those three (or a combination of those) leads to your answer.

bilpeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 12:42 PM
  #196
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016
 
Lethargic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Misfit Toys
Country: Somalia
Posts: 11,250
vCash: 500
With out moving one of our top 6 on a big contract, there is no way to fix this defense.

Not enough cap room. Top 4 D will cost us 4m range.

With out dumping Skinner, Ruutu, or Semin in favor for our draft pic on an ELC to take there place, we don't have the cap space or roster budget of 61m.

I seriously doubt they move Skinner or Semin. But Ruutu coming off of 2 hip surgeries and a NMC, our hands are tied.

Lethargic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:53 PM
  #197
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016
 
Lethargic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Misfit Toys
Country: Somalia
Posts: 11,250
vCash: 500
Trade 5th Overall + McBain for 3rd Overall
Draft Drouin
Trade Skinner for Marc Staal
Sign Colton Orr
Sign Lydman

FORWARDS
Jiri Tlusty ($1.600m) / Eric Staal ($8.250m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m)
Jonathan Drouin ($1.900m) / Jordan Staal ($6.000m) / Tuomo Ruutu ($4.750m)
Drayson Bowman ($0.600m) / Jeremy Welsh ($0.850m) / Patrick Dwyer ($0.900m)
Colton Orr ($1.000m) / Riley Nash ($0.735m) / Kevin Westgarth ($0.725m)
Nicolas Blanchard ($0.538m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Joni Pitkanen ($4.500m) / Tim Gleason ($4.000m)
Justin Faulk ($0.900m) / Marc Staal ($3.975m)
Jay Harrison ($1.500m) / Toni Lydman ($3.000m)
Ryan Murphy ($1.313m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cam Ward ($6.300m)
Justin Peters ($0.538m)
OTHER
Buyout: Derek Joslin ($0.125m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.400% of upper limit)
Jussi Jokinen ($0.900mó0.3%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,898,333; BONUSES: $460,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,861,667

Lethargic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
  #198
echlfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Carolina has to get way tougher with their move to the new division with Philly, Pitt, NYR etc.

Trade

Pitkanen and Welsh to Philly for Grossmann and Talbot

McBain and Dwyer to Washington for Schultz


Jiri Tlusty ($1.600m) / Eric Staal ($8.250m) / Alexander Semin ($7.000m)
Nichushkin ($2.000m) / Jordan Staal ($6.000m) / Jeff Skinner ($5.725m)
Tuomo Ruutu ($4.750m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Dalpe ($0.700m)
Drayson Bowman ($0.600m) / Riley Nash ($0.650m) / Nicolas Blanchard ($0.538m)
Kevin Westgarth ($0.725m)
DEFENSEMEN
Justin Faulk ($0.900m) / Tim Gleason ($4.000m)
Jeff Schultz ($2.750m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Ryan Murphy ($1.313m) / Jay Harrison ($1.500m)
Brett Bellemore ($0.525m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cam Ward ($6.300m)
Dan Ellis ($0.800m)
OTHER

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,900,833; BONUSES: $460,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,859,167

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 10:06 AM
  #199
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 34,206
vCash: 562
ugh, no thanks on Talbot and Grossmann, big time pass on giving up Pitkanen for them. Honestly not sure both of them return Joni alone. And giving up that much for Schultz? double ugh. Sorry dude but that's just awful.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 11:19 AM
  #200
Jussijuice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
I don't like the idea of breaking up the TEA line but placing Nichushkin is hard.

Skinner - Jordan - Nichushkin

Could work I believe if Skinner started playing with a pass first mentality. I think he woul be more effective in that role anyway, opposing defenses know currently he is going to try to one-man-show it and they shut him down easily. If he played more of a playmaking role who every once in a while takes it to the house, the Canes have one of the best top-6 in the league.

I know Skinner has it in him, just needs the mentality.

Jussijuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.