HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mtl - NYI

Old
05-14-2013, 01:18 PM
waitin425

vCash: 500
Mtl - NYI

To Montreal;

Griffin Reinhart

To NYI;

Pleks
Beaulieu
Dallas 2nd 2013

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
To Montreal;

Griffin Reinhart

To NYI;

Pleks
Beaulieu
Dallas 2nd 2013

Defense is a much bigger concern then top 6 forwards.

Isles take from a position of weakness, to make a strength even stronger.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
That's a huge overpayment.

Reinhart is better than Beaulieu, but the difference isn't Plekanec + 2nd

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:26 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

I don't think Big Griff could be had for that package.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Wouldnt do this if I were the Isles. Reinhart could really develop into the kind of guy they need on the blue line. Obviously Beaulieu is a solid prospect, but its not the right time for it.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
That's a huge overpayment.

Reinhart is better than Beaulieu, but the difference isn't Plekanec + 2nd

Isles, like Montreal, need to get tougher/bigger in the top 9 and top 4. Why would the NYI want to move Reinhart for players who don't address those needs?
Reinhart could be Hamonic's first pairing partner in a few yrs.
And face it, do the isles want to pay Plekanec $5m per?

Last edited by CREW99AW: 05-14-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old
05-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Not close. I personally wouldn't deal Beaulieu alone for Reinhart, but acknowledge that is an extreme opinion (based on not really liking Reinhart, actually; I don't like Beaulieu all that much either, but I'd still take him (and many other defense prospects) over Reinhart).

In acknowledging that it's an extreme opinion, I also won't bother to defend it. Just one of those things.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Felix Unger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles, like Montreal, need to get tougher/bigger in the top 9 and top 4. Why would the NYI want to move Reinhart for players who don't address those needs?

Not when we're playing Nielsen 2.75 per. We don't need Plekanec.

Add that NHL-ready left shot puck moving D-men is not our need. We've got one to integrate now in Matt Donovan, who has been one of the best defenders in the AHL the past two seasons and is as NHL-ready as they come.

The Habs and Islanders match up poorly for trades.

Felix Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:52 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Not close. I personally wouldn't deal Beaulieu alone for Reinhart, but acknowledge that is an extreme opinion (based on not really liking Reinhart, actually; I don't like Beaulieu all that much either, but I'd still take him (and many other defense prospects) over Reinhart).

In acknowledging that it's an extreme opinion, I also won't bother to defend it. Just one of those things.
The board would be pretty boring if everyone agreed

Somewhere in Staple's 2013 fanchat archives, is a question asking which prospects had the best chance to stick next season. He thinks 19 yr old Reinhart won't stick because of his age, but did say the isles love how he's played this season.

Old
05-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Morry83
14-90-91

Montreal doesn't have Dallas' 2nd rounder.

They do, however, have their 3rd rounder.

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post

I wouldn't say that was an extreme opinion but a realistic one.

I'm not a fan of Renhart, I can think of 5 d-men in the 2012 draft who were taken after him that I would of taken before him, that's all. Maybe another one or two more, by why make it worse.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Jester9881

Montreal and NYI have been, and still are bad trading partners.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:48 PM
waitin425

I've pretty much covered the Islanders needs with a forward and future top four defenceman.

Reinhart is just better than Beaulieu and helps to fill Montreals need

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:51 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Reinhart could be Hamonic's first pairing partner in a few yrs.
With JT locked on the top-line, Nielsen centering one of the 2/3 lines, Cizikas on the 4th line, and Strome and Nelson competing for a spot, no.

I could see the Isles adding a stop-gap center, not one signed for 3 more years at $5M.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I've pretty much covered the Islanders needs with a forward and future top four defenceman.

Isles have a glut of blueline prospects, but none have Reinhart's upside.

Isles want to get bigger, tougher to play against.

Old
05-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:

no it doesn't fill any need. Habs are loaded with d prospects and you're taking our best two way center.

no from mtl

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Felix Unger

Quote:

Okay then. FYI, we need a wing that can bang and score, not a smart, responsible, but small 2-way center who makes as much as John Tavares. And I like Plekanec.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
To Montreal;

Griffin Reinhart

To NYI;

Pleks
Beaulieu
Dallas 2nd 2013
You have got to be kidding. Reinhart looks like he will be a very good defenceman, but not necessarily any better than Beaulieu and surely not to the tune of us adding Plekanec and a 3rd (we do not have Dallas' 2nd). Do people not realize how good Plekanec truly is? He scored 33 points in 47 games while playing against the other teams' top lines. He would have been the Isles' 4th highest point producer and would have been great at helping their defensive play. Only on HFBoards will people say a proven 55-70 point producing center who plays a shutdown role isn't enough to get an AHL defensive prospect who has not played an NHL game, yet.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Felix Unger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
You have got to be kidding. Reinhart looks like he will be a very good defenceman, but not necessarily any better than Beaulieu and surely not to the tune of us adding Plekanec and a 3rd (we do not have Dallas' 2nd). Do people not realize how good Plekanec truly is? He scored 33 points in 47 games while playing against the other teams' top lines. He would have been the Isles' 4th highest point producer and would have been great at helping their defensive play. Only on HFBoards will people say a proven 55-70 point producing center who plays a shutdown role isn't enough to get an AHL defensive prospect who has not played an NHL game, yet.
I wonder if Montreal fans bother reading opposing team's fans posts. We have a player who is almost but not quite as good as Plekanec by the name of Frans Nielsen. He's not quite as good, but he makes 2.25M less. We certainly don't need both guys, and we don't want a guy to fill that role who makes as much as John Tavares.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Or an AHL game either.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 04:45 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Another thing we also see on HFBoards is how team need is ignored in trade proposals.

The Islanders are taking on all of the salary in this deal. Plekanec hasn't hit 70 points since 2009-10. He's a lot closer to the bottom number of your range in recent history. He's a fine player, but he's not the answer nor the fit for the Islanders 2C position. We have a poor man's version of him there. The Islanders need to upgrade that position with size.

The Islanders need skilled players with size on defense. It still appears the team will be mostly adding to the NHL roster through its prospect pool at this point. This coming season may not be the one the team finally starts to spend; this has been echoed recently by Garth Snow in not so many words. If you add all of these factors together, this trade doesn't make sense for the Islanders. If they're going to spend $5 million for their second line center, then they're going to go for a better fit.

Having said that, it makes no sense for your team to make this trade unless you have plans for that $5 million in cap. If you do, then you can't ignore the fact that the Islanders are taking all of that on. I'm not saying all this to try to equate this trade as being fair. I'm just mentioning that the trade makes no sense for the Islanders which is why it's being rejected.

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:16 PM
kasper11

Quote:
****, if that's the case, I'm sure Colorado will be happy to trade Seth Jones for Bryan Little.

Sorry, Plekanec was at a pace for 57 points this year, which would have been his 3rd straight season with under 60. And he makes $5M per. He is not getting a top-5 pick.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 05:29 PM
SI90

I don't think MTL or NYI do this...

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Look, I didn't mean to imply t6he Islanders should take the deal or not. I was also not trying to put Reinhart down. I am simply saying from a Habs perspective it makes no sense. That is all.

Now, would it make sense for the Islanders? Not based on team needs, either, based on what the fans are saying. So it is a "no" from both sides. No need to argue, just both reject the trade.

I can not get into an argument with Islanders fans anyway. My 3 year old is a big fan and my mother would come out of her grave and throttle me since she loved the Islanders as well...

So, if I implied anything negative towards Islanders fans, I apologize.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote