HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal - Anahem and Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2005, 09:30 PM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Aside from the 1 round upgrade in the draft and the boom-or-bust chance with Koltsov, why does Anaheim take such a significant cut into their offense with this move? Maybe it's just me, but I think Sykora, when on his game, is an extremely talented goal scorer with alot to offer. On top of that, he's had proven chemistry with both New Jersey and Anaheim; going far with both, and Cups in NJ.

If I were Anaheim, I'd back away from this deal.

If anything, the Ducks should be looking to move a defenseman of theirs for a good forward, not subtracting from their top 6.
agreed. If anaheim is doing this to sign another player after trhe CBA is taken care of or in order to assure they are fine, then this is a smart move from the ducks, if not then they are definitly killing a lot of offense is sykora. PS has had a rough time in anaheim, trade him yet? no just wait, itll be worth it, 1 more yr cant hurt at all

Old
05-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Have another drink.
Excuse me if I'd prefer 1st/2nd line scorers over solid 2-way players, especially considering how Dallas tends to draft(2-way players over scorers). But lets end this....this thread has somehow gotten way off track and turned into yet another Kesler debate.

Old
05-16-2005, 01:42 AM
Randall Graves*

LMAO! I can't believe you guys spent so much time talking about Ryan Kesler LOL!

Old
05-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
agreed. If anaheim is doing this to sign another player after trhe CBA is taken care of or in order to assure they are fine, then this is a smart move from the ducks, if not then they are definitly killing a lot of offense is sykora. PS has had a rough time in anaheim, trade him yet? no just wait, itll be worth it, 1 more yr cant hurt at all
and the new anaheim owners may spend money on the team so it's not like sykora will be traded for financial relief.

Old
05-16-2005, 01:54 AM
Shareefruck

I'd rather just get Rob Niedermeiyer and give up less.

Old
05-16-2005, 02:10 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
and the new anaheim owners may spend money on the team so it's not like sykora will be traded for financial relief.
The old owners only spent $54.4 million in 03-04. Looking over the Ducks old roster, and taking into acount the $ spent, I think they look ripe for a rebuild. Maybe that rebuild is faster under the chaos of a new CBA or maybe not.

Old
05-16-2005, 03:33 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS
Kesler would still be the #1 prospect on at least half the teams in the league:

Detroit
No way is he above Niklas Kronwall. And I'd still rather roll the dice on Igor Grigorenko than have Kesler, since if he pans out he will be a monster.

Quote:
St. Louis
This one is harder because their top prospect is Marek Schwarz, a goalie with tons of potential that's not expected to jump in soon. So it depends on what you want. I'd rather have Schwarz as I like potential superstars.

Quote:
Colorado
Edmonton
Minnesota
Vancouver
Dallas
I'll agree with these. In particular I'm not a fan of Schremp at all.

Quote:
Los Angeles
I'd much rather have Denis Grebeshkov, Dustin Brown, and on potential Lauri Tukonen. So not even close here.

Quote:
Phoenix
Agreed.

Quote:
Montreal
I'd definitely take Kostitsyn over Kesler. And I like Perezhogin better as well.

Quote:
Ottawa
I had Meszaros rated as a top 5 prospect in the 2004 draft, so I'll take him over Kesler for sure.

Quote:
Toronto
I'd rather have Alexander Steen.

Quote:
NYI

I really like Peteri Nokelainen.

Quote:
Carolina
I'd say it's a toss up between Kesler and Cam Ward.

Quote:
TB
Definitely. Although I'm sure that one Tampa fan will be along soon to explain how we are all haters for not aknowledging the greatness of Andy Rogers.

Old
05-16-2005, 05:11 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2agingmonk
I'd rather just get Rob Niedermeiyer and give up less.
He will probably be a UFA July 1st. I would be very surprised if the new CBA doesn't lower UFA age by at least one year, making Rob a UFA.

Old
05-16-2005, 05:13 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
The old owners only spent $54.4 million in 03-04. Looking over the Ducks old roster, and taking into acount the $ spent, I think they look ripe for a rebuild. Maybe that rebuild is faster under the chaos of a new CBA or maybe not.
I think that was the direction Anaheim was taking before the lockout...Sending Prospal back to Tampa Bay and trading Havelid to Atlanta.

Now with Ozolinsh being a UFA this July and Rob Niedermayer and Ruslan Salei probably being UFA's if the CBA lowers the age requirement by at least one year...the Ducks will not have that many veterans left.

I'd definetly rebuild or at least partially rebuild.

Old
05-20-2005, 03:57 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
nope you're wrong, Disney only upped the payroll to keep people interested. the new owner is a billionaire and a fan of the team. I know that players will not just be traded for financial relief.

Old
05-20-2005, 04:00 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
I think that was the direction Anaheim was taking before the lockout...Sending Prospal back to Tampa Bay and trading Havelid to Atlanta.

Now with Ozolinsh being a UFA this July and Rob Niedermayer and Ruslan Salei probably being UFA's if the CBA lowers the age requirement by at least one year...the Ducks will not have that many veterans left.

I'd definetly rebuild or at least partially rebuild.
Al Coates has told people he plans on bringing back ozolinsh if he is indeed the GM or an 'ozolinsh type'

Closed Thread