HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 6 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-02-2013, 01:23 PM
  #726
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
I could be totally wrong but i'm not sure there will be a strong secondary market for the winter classic this year. Taking into account the down economy in Michigan and the fact that the stadium holds over 100,000 people I think the supply is going to be much much higher than the demand. Again I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see tickets selling for significantly less than face in the weeks before the game.
That was my thought as well.

Turns out I missed my window to buy anyway. It was less than 24 hours

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 02:17 PM
  #727
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,445
vCash: 500
The Maple Leafs are still involved, right?

Those tickets will absolutely be sold at a profit on the secondary market.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
08-02-2013, 06:18 PM
  #728
gobosox00
Registered User
 
gobosox00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Selling two tickets to the Patriots-Browns game, upper level Face+Fees $100 per ticket.
Also have 4 tickets to the Pats-Bills game in the upper level, Face+Fees $100 each. Can accept Paypal and email you the tickets. PM me or email me at gobosox00@yahoo.com if interested.

gobosox00 is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 11:35 AM
  #729
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
The Maple Leafs are still involved, right?

Those tickets will absolutely be sold at a profit on the secondary market.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

I have a friend who received a random email from MLB saying he had won a lottery and was selected to buy all-star game tickets. He bought them. He was surprised to find the secondary market was about 50% less than face value. He ended up going to the game even though he had no intention of doing so.

It's still the "Midsummer Classic" but it doesn't mean there is going to be strong secondary market demand. I can point to a couple regular season B's/Habs games in Boston in the last few years that there have been secondary market tickets well below face value. It's still the B's/habs...that doesn't mean tickets are always sold for above face.

__________________
BuddysTickets@gmail.com

Last edited by Looch: 08-04-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Mistakenly said Fall classic instead of Midsummer Classic
Looch is offline  
Old
08-03-2013, 03:20 PM
  #730
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Leafs fans will be weighing up crossing the border 2x+sitting outside.

Not to mention the big house being 3x the size of Fenway. Not sure they can even sell that out to be honest.


One more thing to consider: Michigan football will most certainly be playing in a bowl game that day as well drawing attention away from hockey. I think 4 Big Ten teams are guaranteed locks to play New Years day with the bowl affiliations being the way they are and Michigan will pretty certainly slot into one of the NYD games (Rose, OUtback, Capital 1, and another I think.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline  
Old
08-04-2013, 11:07 AM
  #731
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

I have a friend who received a random email from MLB saying he had won a lottery and was selected to buy all-star game tickets. He bought them. He was surprised to find the secondary market was about 50% less than face value. He ended up going to the game even though he had no intention of doing so.

It's still the "fall classic" but it doen't mean there is going to be strong secondary market demand. I can point to a couple regular season B's/Habs games in Boston in the last few years that there have been secondary market tickets well below face value. It's still the B's/habs...that doesn't mean tickets are always sold for above face.
The Fall Classic is the World Series, not the All Star game.

I stand by prediction. Leafs fans are going to turn that into a winning ticket. We aren't talking about a Bs/Habs game where they play a bunch of times a year.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
08-04-2013, 11:17 AM
  #732
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
The Fall Classic is the World Series, not the All Star game.

I stand by prediction. Leafs fans are going to turn that into a winning ticket. We aren't talking about a Bs/Habs game where they play a bunch of times a year.
Lol. My bad. I obvioulsy meant the "Mid Summer classic".

Anywho, I stand by my predicion as well. It's a 100,000 seat stadium. Demand is nowhere near the same. But I suppose you could know the market better than me. Agreed to disagree.

Looch is offline  
Old
08-04-2013, 01:28 PM
  #733
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
The Fall Classic is the World Series, not the All Star game.

I stand by prediction. Leafs fans are going to turn that into a winning ticket. We aren't talking about a Bs/Habs game where they play a bunch of times a year.

Just checked out face value pricing for the game and compared it to secondary market prices. I am even more certain now the market will tank hard.


The market should be at it's highest right now. Prices generally come down the closer the game gets. Upper level seats at Fenway were $350/per face value. Towards the end of the summer/beginning of the fall they were selling at $1000/each.


There are only 5k seats for the Winter Classic listed on SH right now. The market is bound to get much more saturated as time passes. $149/face value tickets that people paid closer to $160-$170/per for with fees are being sold on SH for $230ish/each. That includes all the buyer's fees.

When you do the math and take out all the fees, that doesn't exactly amount to making a huge profit if you ask me. And tickets are not exactly being sold at a good clip on SH right now. Prices will come down. I think most sellers saw the writing on the wall with this one. If anyone is planning on going to this game, I'd highly recommend waiting till day or two before and paying bottom dollar of less than half of face.


Last edited by Looch: 09-18-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Looch is offline  
Old
08-04-2013, 05:47 PM
  #734
sarge88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 12,756
vCash: 500
My daughter asked me for tickets to a Bruins game for her 13th birthday this year.

We've never had seats better than balcony row 10 or higher.

I'd like to buy a couple of loge seats from someone here, if available.

Her Birthday is in November, but the game doesn't have to be near her B-day. Just sometime after the 10th of Nov.

PM me if you have a game you aren't able to attend.

Thanks

sarge88 is online now  
Old
08-04-2013, 06:04 PM
  #735
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
My daughter asked me for tickets to a Bruins game for her 13th birthday this year.

We've never had seats better than balcony row 10 or higher.

I'd like to buy a couple of loge seats from someone here, if available.

Her Birthday is in November, but the game doesn't have to be near her B-day. Just sometime after the 10th of Nov.

PM me if you have a game you aren't able to attend.

Thanks
If you can miss work for a Monday matinee game Veterans Day November 11 you are welcome to mine at ST cost (85.) Its against Tampa and for obvious reasons I'd prefer wait until the B's give us our tickets in September to do any money exchanges but PM me if that game works.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline  
Old
08-05-2013, 09:37 AM
  #736
Newbie10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
5 games, 10 games, 11 games pack are available. too expensive for me.

Newbie10 is offline  
Old
08-05-2013, 01:15 PM
  #737
Seidenbergy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
5 games, 10 games, 11 games pack are available. too expensive for me.
The prices don't bother me as much as the selection. Called about the 10 game packages and the best balcony pair they had was in 327 row 7 in the "hungry for hockey" section.

Nothing below row 7 at all and nothing on the aisles (that part was at least expected).

Seidenbergy is offline  
Old
08-06-2013, 07:01 PM
  #738
gobosox00
Registered User
 
gobosox00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Celtics Tickets

With the new Celtics schedule out i'm looking to sell some of my season tickets at face value if anyone is interested. Tickets are section 311, row 9, seats near the aisle and they're $30 per tickets. Obviously not going to be selling the high demand games for only $30 (so no Lakers, Heat or Nets) but if you're interested in some midweek and maybe even weekend games against lower opponents I can sell them for face. If you want a package of 10 games or so I can mix and match some weekend/high demand games with some of the weekday games. PM me or email me at gobosox00@yahoo.com. Thanks

gobosox00 is offline  
Old
08-07-2013, 02:09 PM
  #739
WickedBruinsGirl
Registered User
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 14,396
vCash: 500
Half season ticket packages are already sold out for Bruins. And all but one 5 game pack is sold out.

Looked at the ticket prices and compared theirs to my STH price and wowzers. I'm very happy to be a STH.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline  
Old
08-07-2013, 03:34 PM
  #740
BeardBros
Everything hurt more
 
BeardBros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 314
Country: United States
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
Half season ticket packages are already sold out for Bruins. And all but one 5 game pack is sold out.

Looked at the ticket prices and compared theirs to my STH price and wowzers. I'm very happy to be a STH.
Was thinking the same thing. Were pretty steep prices to commit to a half season.

BeardBros is offline  
Old
08-07-2013, 03:50 PM
  #741
Chris7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
The secondary market is crazy.

Looking for a few games (3-5). Prefer side of rink in loge if anyone is selling any.

Thanks

Chris7 is offline  
Old
08-07-2013, 05:15 PM
  #742
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
With the new Celtics schedule out i'm looking to sell some of my season tickets at face value if anyone is interested. Tickets are section 311, row 9, seats near the aisle and they're $30 per tickets. Obviously not going to be selling the high demand games for only $30 (so no Lakers, Heat or Nets) but if you're interested in some midweek and maybe even weekend games against lower opponents I can sell them for face. If you want a package of 10 games or so I can mix and match some weekend/high demand games with some of the weekday games. PM me or email me at gobosox00@yahoo.com. Thanks

I have some nice groups of 4 together for Celtics full seasons in 316 row 9 and 301 row 9. My price is $46/each. I'll be happy to sell you the full season at face

Looch is offline  
Old
08-08-2013, 09:04 PM
  #743
gobosox00
Registered User
 
gobosox00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Is it just me or is the black Friday game against the Rangers unusually cheap right now? I just saw a pair in section 307, Row 1 for $90 each ticket and snatched them up immediately. Can still get tickets for less than $80. If I recall correctly the get in price the last few years for the black Friday game has been well over $100 per ticket. I would advise anyone who is looking for tickets for that game to definitely buy now!

gobosox00 is offline  
Old
08-08-2013, 10:05 PM
  #744
OrrandRancourt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
I would tend to agree. The Black Friday game is generally one of the top three resale games of the season each year. I think you made a smart decision.

OrrandRancourt is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 01:08 PM
  #745
nickyb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
Is it just me or is the black Friday game against the Rangers unusually cheap right now? I just saw a pair in section 307, Row 1 for $90 each ticket and snatched them up immediately. Can still get tickets for less than $80. If I recall correctly the get in price the last few years for the black Friday game has been well over $100 per ticket. I would advise anyone who is looking for tickets for that game to definitely buy now!
hehe yup, i snatched up 3 pairs yesterday in 324 row 7, $74 per tick, black friday game vs NYR.....thank you!

nickyb is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 01:14 PM
  #746
normalpsychology
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mass
Posts: 972
vCash: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
Is it just me or is the black Friday game against the Rangers unusually cheap right now? I just saw a pair in section 307, Row 1 for $90 each ticket and snatched them up immediately. Can still get tickets for less than $80. If I recall correctly the get in price the last few years for the black Friday game has been well over $100 per ticket. I would advise anyone who is looking for tickets for that game to definitely buy now!
how much over 100 we talking?

normalpsychology is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 01:24 PM
  #747
nickyb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by normalpsychology View Post
how much over 100 we talking?
maybe im off base but id say 150+ per ticket (minimum) for the black friday game once things get going during the season.....

nickyb is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 01:59 PM
  #748
duckchobbins
Registered User
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb View Post
maybe im off base but id say 150+ per ticket (minimum) for the black friday game once things get going during the season.....
That's what I recall as well. It approaches playoff prices.

duckchobbins is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 02:27 PM
  #749
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Not shocked prices are normal. Its still a November game. I think the NY fans drive the prices up for those games too. Not sure if they wanna come up after the beating they got in the playoffs.

After a couple years of coming up in droves for regular season games Rangers fans were pretty non existant in our series against them and I think most of us expected more of their fans for games 1-2.

Don't we play someone Saturday at home too?

I think we will have to go on a serious winning streak and look like world beaters for prices before Christmas to be high (like we did in early 11/12 when Tyler Seguin actually had 2 months where didn't play like a little ***** and scored.) After Christmas is the opposite the prices will be high and we'll have to stink it up seriously for them to not be outrageous. But before Xmas every game should be a bargain relatively speaking if you buy at the right time.

Black Friday is for doing the double and getting wasted by the time the Celtics tip. I couldn't give away an extra black Friday ticket in 2009 when it was against the Devils. Cheap tix and less pink hats for that one is a good thing!

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline  
Old
08-09-2013, 02:35 PM
  #750
normalpsychology
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mass
Posts: 972
vCash: 511
I was looking at the 10 game plan, the cheapest seats are 65 a game. Doesn't seem too bad. Would it be cheaper to wait and just buy tickets on stubhub? Or would it pretty much even out (less expensive on stubhub preholidays then more expensive ) by the end of the year?

normalpsychology is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.