HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 6 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2013, 12:34 PM
premierplayer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by normalpsychology View Post
I was looking at the 10 game plan, the cheapest seats are 65 a game. Doesn't seem too bad. Would it be cheaper to wait and just buy tickets on stubhub? Or would it pretty much even out (less expensive on stubhub preholidays then more expensive ) by the end of the year?
The 64$ seats aren't available for sure now. They weren't when I bought mine for 85$ Gonna be hit or miss on StubHub. I bet some games if you wait until 30 mins before on a weekday you can still get in for $50.

Old
08-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Dizzay

I'm heading down to Boston for the game on November 9th with my girlfriend, live in Halifax, curious how much lodge seats will run me?

Old
08-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzay View Post
I'm heading down to Boston for the game on November 9th with my girlfriend, live in Halifax, curious how much lodge seats will run me?
Cheapest loge pair for that game is currently $90 plus fees on stubhub. Ticketmaster, when single game tix go on sale, will be significantly more than that.

Unless you get lucky on craigslist or something of that ilk.......or have the intestinal fortitude to wait until the afternoon of the game, I don't think you're going to do much better than that. Since you're traveling a ways, I'd buy now just to know I've got tix in hand. If they do drop, it's doubtful it would be THAT much to make you feel really bad about pulling the trigger earlier anyway.

Old
08-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Dizzay

All I'm seeing is $164 dollar tickets for lodge seats. Is that what it'll be if I called the box office september 9th or is stub hub boosting the prices? I haven't been down in like 3 years, but the last time I was there, tickets were like $90 for 6 rows from the ice.

Old
08-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Seidenbergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzay View Post
All I'm seeing is $164 dollar tickets for lodge seats. Is that what it'll be if I called the box office september 9th or is stub hub boosting the prices? I haven't been down in like 3 years, but the last time I was there, tickets were like $90 for 6 rows from the ice.
My bad. I read Nov 7th for some reason instead of 9th. You're right. Loges for that game start at $164. That's roughly what they'll go for when single game tix go on sale at the box office and through ticketmaster next month.

Saturday night game vs Toronto = high demand. It may go down if one of the teams starts stinking it up, but not much. You'll need to wait until near game time for prices to have any real chance of dropping for that one.

Old
08-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

I put a deposit down on group tickets on the first day possible this year. I was gonna buy the black friday game. Got the email this afternoon saying balcony pricing ranges from $75-$125 and loge prices from $115-$170. Assuming the cheapest balconies for Black Friday were $125, I was still interested.

The email from my rep this afternoon said they were going on sale this week and to let him know my preference. I replied back telling him I was interested in 11/29. Got a reply back saying due to the the popularity of the black friday game they are making buyers buy equal number of tickets to a pre-season game...I almost spit out my drink.

I could understand them trying to make you buy a low rent early season game for an equal amount of tickets. But considering the assumed $125 premium game prices tag, having to buy an equal amount of preseason tickets as a group, it's laughable. Most STH's can't even sell their preseason games for half of discounted season tickets face. I have a hard time believing people will actually buy groups to pre-season game at their absurd public sale prices.

More than likely it is about who you know. I'm sure there are either going to be people with "ins" getting groups to this game now without buying pre season tix, or they will be the first ones to get the call back about group tickets when the B's realize no one is going to be buying preseason tickets by the handful.

08-12-2013, 03:42 PM
pfaffi89
The german hammer!

Hey guys. I´m still looking for 2 tickets for the game against Columbus on 11/30. I would prefer Balcony Side oder Loge End. At Stubhub, Balcony Side starts at $107 and Loge End at $151. Do you think there are good chances to get 2 cheaper tickets via Ticketmaster in September or should I go with Stubhub?

Thanks for your help!

Old
08-12-2013, 09:31 PM
gobosox00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I put a deposit down on group tickets on the first day possible this year. I was gonna buy the black friday game. Got the email this afternoon saying balcony pricing ranges from $75-$125 and loge prices from $115-$170. Assuming the cheapest balconies for Black Friday were $125, I was still interested.

The email from my rep this afternoon said they were going on sale this week and to let him know my preference. I replied back telling him I was interested in 11/29. Got a reply back saying due to the the popularity of the black friday game they are making buyers buy equal number of tickets to a pre-season game...I almost spit out my drink.

I could understand them trying to make you buy a low rent early season game for an equal amount of tickets. But considering the assumed $125 premium game prices tag, having to buy an equal amount of preseason tickets as a group, it's laughable. Most STH's can't even sell their preseason games for half of discounted season tickets face. I have a hard time believing people will actually buy groups to pre-season game at their absurd public sale prices.

More than likely it is about who you know. I'm sure there are either going to be people with "ins" getting groups to this game now without buying pre season tix, or they will be the first ones to get the call back about group tickets when the B's realize no one is going to be buying preseason tickets by the handful.
That's crazy buddy! We got the call today and got our yearly promenade suite at $100 per ticket for a Saturday in March and obviously did not have to buy another game, let alone a preseason game. I don't understand the logic behind them doing that. The dynamic pricing is supposed to cover the demand of the game and that's why they charge more. How can they possibly the ask you to also take a preseason game with it!?

Old
08-13-2013, 03:00 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:

That's hilarious. Like really. It would make more sense if it was a low-end regular season matchup (like Devils/Islanders), but a preseason game?

You should see if the New Year's Eve game is premium and if there are any conditions for buying that game.

Old
08-14-2013, 06:54 AM
LetEmPlay

Quote:

Question, were you going to sell your group tickets to what is likely going to be one of the most demanded tickets of the regular season?

Do you think they thought you were going to sell them because you are a broker and have numerous seats?

Old
08-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
That's crazy buddy! We got the call today and got our yearly promenade suite at $100 per ticket for a Saturday in March and obviously did not have to buy another game, let alone a preseason game. I don't understand the logic behind them doing that. The dynamic pricing is supposed to cover the demand of the game and that's why they charge more. How can they possibly the ask you to also take a preseason game with it!?
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing they only threw the pre-season thing at me because it was me. They told me that "anyone" who bought the black friday game had to buy an equal amount of pre-saseasons tix. But I doubt that's how they are actually doing it. Makes no sense. No one would buy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
That's hilarious. Like really. It would make more sense if it was a low-end regular season matchup (like Devils/Islanders), but a preseason game?

You should see if the New Year's Eve game is premium and if there are any conditions for buying that game.
That is actually exactly what I told my rep- a low rent game would make sense, a pre-season game was laughable.

I told him I wanted to buy the 3/1 caps game at $105/ticket in the balcony. I told him I wanted 50. I was planning on selling half and using half for my son's mite hockey team.

He emailed me back 15 mins later and told me that because I purchased my group deposit online, and I didn't purchase it directly through him and because I was a broker, they couldn't give me pre-sale access this week and he couldn't sell me the 3/1 group game. As he said it is their policy not to give brokers pre-sale access before anyone else. Funny thing is, it wasn't presale access. I read an advertisement on tv the first day they advertised it to place your deposit now for best selection next year. So I did. If I was willing to buy 50 pre-season tickets from them to go with the 50 March game tickets I wanted, I can almost guarantee you there wouldn't have been some made up "policy" about not being able to gibe me "pre-sale" access. That bs line was about trying to move soft tickets they wouldn't otherwise have been able to move.

It obviously made no difference how I purchased my group deposit. And the line about company policy was BS. My rep was being told exactly what to tell me from his boss. Company policy changes from day to day and person to person. If you grease somebody's palm, I can guarantee you there is no company policy that says you can't buy a group game when everyone else does...especially when you put your $200 deposit down before them. It's all about ho you know and who you blow with the B's. The B's ticket office is as bad or worse than any of the other 3 major sports team in the city when it comes to this.

I know people who have been able to buy large blocks of tickets for cup games, banner raising ceremony games etc. Even people who don't have ST's who have "ins" with a rep who will sell them blocks of tickets to high demand games and then the seller would split the profits with him or give him a nice kick back. It's the way the B's office works.

I was happy to tell my rep that I wouldn't have so much of a problem with their "policy" if they actually all played by the same rules. But the fact that I know certain brokers are given preferential treatment is what bothers me. I told him I play by the rules. I don't have any ST accounts in fake names (as many do). I buy everything under my name. I put deposits down when everyone else does. I wait in the same lines everyone else does. If they are going to tell me they treat brokers differently for whatever reason, I understand. But they need to treat us all differently.

Next year I guess I have to buy my group tickets under one of me friend's accounts. I told my rep I make every effort to be as transparent as possible with by business. But if they are going to treat me differently than other brokers they give preferential treatment to, I guess they are encouraging me to skate around the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmPlay View Post
Question, were you going to sell your group tickets to what is likely going to be one of the most demanded tickets of the regular season?

Do you think they thought you were going to sell them because you are a broker and have numerous seats?

Both. i was selling half and going to use half. About 25 and 25.

Last edited by Looch: 08-14-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old
08-14-2013, 12:52 PM
nickyb

The $74 per tickets I bought (6 of them) on Stubhub for the Black Friday game are unavailable now I guess. I'm assuming the seller realized how much he undersold them by and revoked the sale.....oh well.....thank you for the FanProtect guarantee as I am now fighting with Stubhub about decent replacement tickets......

Old
08-15-2013, 07:32 AM
nickyb

Was able to get Stubhub to give me sec 317 row 14, 6 tickets together, compared with what I originally had in sec 324 row 7....higher row but much better section!

Old
08-15-2013, 07:38 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb View Post
Was able to get Stubhub to give me sec 317 row 14, 6 tickets together, compared with what I originally had in sec 324 row 7....higher row but much better section!
Yeah...that's a really slick deal The seller that backed out must be getting screwed by Stubhub now.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:02 AM
nickyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Yeah...that's a really slick deal The seller that backed out must be getting screwed by Stubhub now.
Does he pay the difference? Or does Stubhub??? Not sure how that works....

Old
08-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Quote:
Does he pay the difference? Or does Stubhub??? Not sure how that works....

The seller has 48 hours to confirm the sale. They can back out without penalty during that time. Sh eats the replacement tickets cost. However, it goes on their sellers account as a dropped sale. If you rack up too many dropped sales in a certain length of time, they reserve the right to suspend or delete your account.

Old
08-15-2013, 11:00 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
The seller has 48 hours to confirm the sale. They can back out without penalty during that time. Sh eats the replacement tickets cost. However, it goes on their sellers account as a dropped sale. If you rack up too many dropped sales in a certain length of time, they reserve the right to suspend or delete your account.
I guess that makes sense. If you accidentally list tickets for 50 bucks instead of 150 just one time that's pretty cool that they'll give you the free pass.

Old
08-15-2013, 11:02 AM
nickyb

Quote:
Ahhhh interesting, this was past the 48 hour window though so I'm guessing he's screwed...who knows though.....maybe SH ate it.....

Old
08-15-2013, 11:52 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Light the Lamp!

Quote:
Ahhhh interesting, this was past the 48 hour window though so I'm guessing he's screwed...who knows though.....maybe SH ate it.....
It's like anything else....if they do big business with SH, SH will probably eat it....if it's Johnny Small Time, they'll probably sock him for it (they have his/her CC on file).

Old
08-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Beantowns Best

I have 2 tix to Pats vs Den ..sec 312 row 20! Looking to trade

Last edited by Beantowns Best: 08-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old
08-20-2013, 10:53 AM
NYR89

I found some seats in Section 312 row 12 for the Black Friday game at $106 a pop. Is that a solid price (knowing the popularity of the game) for that game specifically, or am I better off waiting for prices to drop. I have a feeling it's a price I should jump at based again on the popularity of the game.

Old
08-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
I found some seats in Section 312 row 12 for the Black Friday game at $106 a pop. Is that a solid price (knowing the popularity of the game) for that game specifically, or am I better off waiting for prices to drop. I have a feeling it's a price I should jump at based again on the popularity of the game.
That's not bad. They won't drop much, if at all. I'd say they'll rise. Right now thanksgiving is so off everyone's radar.

Old
08-20-2013, 11:53 AM
NYR89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
That's not bad. They won't drop much, if at all. I'd say they'll rise. Right now thanksgiving is so off everyone's radar.
So it sounds like you're saying take them. Thanks for the help!

Old
08-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR89 View Post
So it sounds like you're saying take them. Thanks for the help!
Yeah I'll say take them. If they drop, it won't be enough to ruin your day or make you regret buying them. As long as there's no blizzard, and Bruins aren't 5-21 on the season, I doubt they drop much if at all

Old
08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

So I can sell tickets now and then when I get them, send to the buyer?

I am Boston Strong

Closed Thread