HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 6 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Hnidy Hnight

vCash: 500
Conference Final games are always 8pm if I remember right. If only the regular season would follow suit.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

I expect tickets to start flying Tuesday when everyone is back to work.

I am Boston Strong

Old
05-26-2013, 02:31 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
Not bad at all, good deal and great game!

Curious to see what ECF tix will be going for on the secondary market. My tickets in 311 row 7 are $95 per ticket this series, I feel like prices will fluctuate quite a bit depending on what the series schedule looks like and if we have weekday or weekend games. I remember the ECF series against TB in 2011 being almost near season ticket holder face for some games but considering it's Pittsburgh I'm going to guess that getting in the door for less than $225 per ticket or so will be very difficult. Can't wait to get started!
Weekend would approach 300. Weekday I still think we're looking at at least 200. Yesterday afternoon there were tons of seats being purchased for 200+ on Stubhub. Hundreds went from noon-330 when I was checking, all over 200. I guess you never really can tell though, and things change so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
Where'd you end up buying from?
My wife is friends with a woman whos husband is a STH that couldn't make the game. I figure they profited at least 100 bucks on us, but I thought 250 was a fair price.

Old
05-27-2013, 01:43 AM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

Tough to guess I know, but does anyone have an idea what Finals Ticketmaster prices would be?

My cousin and I have discussed the possibility of picking up Cup Final tickets if the Bruins advance.

I'd assume $325 bare minimum?

Old
05-27-2013, 07:04 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Conference Final games are always 8pm if I remember right. If only the regular season would follow suit.
Screw that on the regular season idea. I will take 7 pm any day of the week. I take it that you don't have to get up very early in the morning.

Old
05-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPGabe View Post
Tough to guess I know, but does anyone have an idea what Finals Ticketmaster prices would be?

My cousin and I have discussed the possibility of picking up Cup Final tickets if the Bruins advance.

I'd assume $325 bare minimum?
$325 is what the box office was getting for my seat ($78 for the Cup in 2011)...I think it'll be upwards closer to $400

Old
05-27-2013, 10:50 AM
TP
Global Moderator

Awards:
Finally did it. I put my name on the waiting list for season tickets with my sister.

She wants Loge so I don't know how long the wait will be.

Old
05-27-2013, 03:56 PM
BeardBros
Everything hurt more

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
Finally did it. I put my name on the waiting list for season tickets with my sister.

Keep hearing 8 to 10 yrs. though no clue how accurate that is. I'm pretty sure they make comments to that effect on NESN sometimes.

Old
05-27-2013, 04:27 PM
BeardBros
Everything hurt more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Would be fine with me, or at least 7:30.

On a related note, almost 19% of capacity is for sale on stubhub for game 3. we'll see what happens tomorrow when people get back on schedule.

Last edited by BeardBros: 05-27-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old
05-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardBros View Post
Keep hearing 8 to 10 yrs. though no clue how accurate that is. I'm pretty sure they make comments to that effect on NESN sometimes.

The amount of years is somewhat of a mute point. Similar to the Sox, the length of "wait list" in terms of years is all a product of demand.

I know a season tickets holder for the Sox this season who called up 3 weeks before the season started and bought season tickets in the grandstands...he had been on the wait list for only 3 years. But it really didn't matter. He could have been on the wait list for a year and they would have sold them to him. He bought $47 seats that nobody wanted. When the frenzy dies off and the team underachieves, the wait list disappears.

If the B's have two similar years to what the Sox just went through, guaranteed you will easily be able to buy B's full season tickets three years from now. Believe it or not, it has entirely everything to do with secondary market demand. When season ticket holders can no longer turn a fairly easy profit on their season, a large percentage of them will give them up.

05-27-2013, 08:04 PM
BeardBros
Everything hurt more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
The amount of years is somewhat of a mute point. Similar to the Sox, the length of "wait list" in terms of years is all a product of demand.

I know a season tickets holder for the Sox this season who called up 3 weeks before the season started and bought season tickets in the grandstands...he had been on the wait list for only 3 years. But it really didn't matter. He could have been on the wait list for a year and they would have sold them to him. He bought $47 seats that nobody wanted. When the frenzy dies off and the team underachieves, the wait list disappears.

If the B's have two similar years to what the Sox just went through, guaranteed you will easily be able to buy B's full season tickets three years from now. Believe it or not, it has entirely everything to do with secondary market demand. When season ticket holders can no longer turn a fairly easy profit on their season, a large percentage of them will give them up.
Without a doubt.
Could work that way also if they keep doing well and the B's keep raising sth prices, so much that the secondary won't absorb it.

Old
05-29-2013, 07:41 AM
NASCL

Getting way ahead of the game, but I have a guy's weekend getaway every year at the end of June. We haven't even picked the location yet, as just escaping Boston for 2/3 nights is the prime focus.

I'm trying to see if I can somehow involve the Cup Finals. Last game of the CF is Wednesday, June 12. My thinking is the Finals plays out as follows but I welcome other thoughts.

1: Saturday, June 15
2: Monday, June 17
3. Thursday, June 20
4. Saturday, June 22
5: Monday, June 24
6: Wednesday, June 26
7: Friday, June 28

Old
05-29-2013, 08:45 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
Getting way ahead of the game, but I have a guy's weekend getaway every year at the end of June. We haven't even picked the location yet, as just escaping Boston for 2/3 nights is the prime focus.

I'm trying to see if I can somehow involve the Cup Finals. Last game of the CF is Wednesday, June 12. My thinking is the Finals plays out as follows but I welcome other thoughts.

1: Saturday, June 15
2: Monday, June 17
3. Thursday, June 20
4. Saturday, June 22
5: Monday, June 24
6: Wednesday, June 26
7: Friday, June 28
I googled the last possible date and numerous answers said June 28th.
Could start earlier if neither series goes 6 or 7.

Old
05-30-2013, 06:54 AM
rkhum

I am looking to go to game 4

In or near section 329 row 10 but anywhere nearby will do, a single.

I went to TIQIQ, StubHUB, and ACE, cheapest for this criteria was close to $300.
I went to the Bruins ticketexchange, no seats of any sort where available.
Questions:

1) Are any of you selling tickets? If so PM me.
2) Should I buy right now, or is it likely tickets will drop, and if so, when by the weekend? Next week? I need to get them early as I need to make preparations but I hang on for a couple.

What I am thinking is perhaps tickets are very high right now since maybe not all of them are released and the market is new. I have seen before tickets start off very high than drop 50-100 bucks in a few days.
This seems likely since Bruins Ticket Exchange doesn't even list a ticket...I am right and what is your advice?

Thanks,

Old
05-30-2013, 08:23 AM
NASCL

If the Bruins drop both in Pittsburgh, prices drop. If they split or better, will be steady or rise a bit.

Old
05-30-2013, 08:38 AM
afg

Home Game 1 Tickets to Trade

I have 2 tickets in Balcony 321 Row 14 that I am looking to trade for comparable seats for Home Game 2 on Friday... PM Me.

Last edited by afg: 05-31-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old
05-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by afg View Post
I have 2 tickets in Balcony 321 Row 14 that I am looking to trade for comparable seats for Home Game 2 on Friday.
I have this same "dilema". But I have many locations to choose from...pm me

Old
05-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Sec311Row6

Anyone interested in Face value jayz/timberlake tickets to the saturday show?

turns out I can't make it due to a new job

Old
05-30-2013, 09:37 AM
rkhum

So seriously, I am flying from VA, I am not local.
Is it best for me to take what I can get today OR wait Fri-Mon?

I can't wait till mid week, I just would be so angry and feel I was overeage should I buy now only to see prices drop from 300 to 250 or less.

In your experience, is this likely by Monday?
Are ticket prices overly inflated right now?

Why isn't the Bruins TicketExchange working, have they held back and not released all, hence raising prices?

I appreciate it folks.

I guess my question is....buy now...or worth waiting 1-3/4 days?

Last edited by rkhum: 05-30-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post

I can't wait till mid week, I just would be so angry and feel I was overeage should I buy now only to see prices drop from 300 to 250 or less.

Why isn't the Bruins TicketExchange working, have they held back and not released all, hence raising prices?

I appreciate it folks.

I guess my question is....buy now...or worth waiting 1-3/4 days?
You're taking a risk either way.

If you are comfortable paying 300, then buy them now. If they go down to 250, so be it. At the end of the day you'll still be at the game, and won't have to stress about tickets for the next week.

A lot can change between now and game 4. If Boston wins game 1, prices will jump a little for game 4. If they lose game 1, I don't expect much of a drop. If they come back to Boston down 0-2, game 3 and 4 prices will be lower PRIOR to game 3...cuz if they get a convincing win in game 3 then prices go up for 4.

Basically what I'm saying is that nobody knows. You're taking a risk either way and it's your call on how to hedge your own bets.

FWIW, I had the same issue with game 5 vs the Rangers. I waited and planned on buying via cell phone on Stubhub right at the time of puck drop, hoping prices would fall. They never fell. Actually prices went up. Thank God my wife got tickets through other means because there was nothing left on Stubhub.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post

I appreciate it folks.

Ticketexchange is for season tickets holders who want to resell their tickets at face value. You can stalk that sit every minute of the day between now and game 3. Unless the B's lose two in Pittsburgh, the chances of finding even a single seat on their that isn't a glass seat at $800+ a is slim to none.

There isn't a single person here who knows what the market is going to do between now and Wednesday...it's anyone's guess.

NASCL was right. If they lose two in Pittsburgh the market will likely tank. If they split it'll likely stay fairly steady or could move a little in either direction. If they win both you will see prices jump.

It really comes down to whether or not you want to roll the dice. If you think there is a better chance of them winning two than losing two, you probably want to pull the trigger now. I personally would be happy with a split in Pittsburgh. And I think the chance of prices going down are a little higher than they are they'll go up. Only time will tell... Imo, there is a much better chance of prices falling for game 3 than there is they fall for game 4.

edit- Sorry for more or less restating what Chuck said above. I started writing this before he posted his reply and got pulled away for work. Imagine that, I was actually doing some work!

Old
05-30-2013, 10:38 AM
rkhum

Well thanks.
See I thought prices right now were artificially high because:

1) Pittsburgh's prices were higher than the Bruins are now, but since they all have been released and dates have been known for a few days, they have dropped.

Hence I was thinking there was some "uncertainity" in Boston since dates have just been realized and the games are not for a week.

Do you think the prices are artifically high now and will drop regardless, or are you saying the market is stable and this, barring 0-2 or 0-3, is the price?

Do you think it makes sense then for me to wait until Sunday after game 1?
My guess is by that time prices will definitely have stabalized, and they may be lower if the Bruins lose.

Waiting until Monday would not do much from Sunday, while Tuesday may be pushing.

Since you are local, what would you do in my shoes?
Wait until post game 1/Monday/Tuesday?

Last thing I want is to wait and have them be 330 or buy now and by Monday be 200.

Old
05-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

vCash: 140
Quote:

Good Luck !! I hope you get section 22

05-30-2013, 11:14 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:

Just curious. What kind of deposit are they looking for per ticket in the loge section season ticket waiting list?

Old
05-30-2013, 11:28 AM
TP
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
Just curious. What kind of deposit are they looking for per ticket in the loge section season ticket waiting list?
$100 per seat. They don't care where you want to sit. Flat rate is $100 per.

Closed Thread