Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2013, 01:21 PM
pipertim

vCash: 500
Dags won't go anywhere especially once the Petes committed to him as an OA and once they hired his brother to work in the office. This is a small town organization and no one has the kahunas to part ways with the Dagostini family and/or alienate the charities that Dags is involved with. I'm not pretending to know the insider angle but optics are what they are. The Petes have put themselves in an unenviable situation and didn't think this through i.e. if they had to release Dags would the brother stay? and if not then they have to fill a vacancy and deal with some fall-out. It's a poorly run team imo.

Old
11-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Duke Guy

How hard would it be to fill the Community Events Coordinator & Marketing Assistant position?

Old
11-06-2013, 09:53 PM
jolly roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipertim View Post
Dags won't go anywhere especially once the Petes committed to him as an OA and once they hired his brother to work in the office. This is a small town organization and no one has the kahunas to part ways with the Dagostini family and/or alienate the charities that Dags is involved with. I'm not pretending to know the insider angle but optics are what they are. The Petes have put themselves in an unenviable situation and didn't think this through i.e. if they had to release Dags would the brother stay? and if not then they have to fill a vacancy and deal with some fall-out. It's a poorly run team imo.
Maybe he and his brother could share the community service job.

Old
11-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Barbershoppe
SensNation United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
.... He is currently on the Kitchener rangers who are the worst team in the league.. Atleast the Petes will be playoff bound.
I think you meant to say Ottawa is the worst in the league. Please get your facts straight!

Old
11-07-2013, 06:54 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsaidfred View Post
I think you meant to say Ottawa is the worst in the league. Please get your facts straight!
Opps my bad haha! Must have slipped my mind since they have scored 16 goals against us the last two times we've played them ....

Old
11-07-2013, 06:56 AM
bobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsaidfred View Post
Please don't steal our thunder. As a Ranger fan we only have two stats going for us. Lowest goals for and last place in the entire league.

Old
11-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Johnsb

No, he was correct by saying Kitchener!

Old
11-07-2013, 07:18 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
Please don't steal our thunder. As a Ranger fan we only have two stats going for us. Lowest goals for and last place in the entire league.
Haha little bit of Tank for Chychrun going on right now.. Gunna cheer for Kitchener in that department for a couple reasons...
1. We play them tonight
2. I don't want Chychrun anywhere near the eastern conference if it's not in maroon and white.
3. We hold Kitcheners 2nd rounder!! 21st overall pick here we come!!

Old
11-09-2013, 10:01 AM
defensehockey19

Petes couldn't hold on to get the 2 points last night but not a bad road game. Boys have to learn to play with a lead. 3 out of a possible 4 points is decent... Tough game tonight in the soo.

I still think this team needs to add one more forward and one more defenseman to the mix. Liberati would be a good add if he becomes the odd man out in London.

Old
11-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Petes couldn't hold on to get the 2 points last night but not a bad road game. Boys have to learn to play with a lead. 3 out of a possible 4 points is decent... Tough game tonight in the soo.

I still think this team needs to add one more forward and one more defenseman to the mix. Liberati would be a good add if he becomes the odd man out in London.
I think Sudbury is in the trade mode...anything there?

Old
11-09-2013, 12:08 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Both teams are looking to add I think so they don't strike me as possible trading partners.

Old
11-09-2013, 06:05 PM
jolly roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Agree. Liberati would be a great fit/addition.

Old
11-09-2013, 09:28 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly roger View Post
Agree. Liberati would be a great fit/addition.
In place of Varga. Would be a great addition

Old
11-14-2013, 08:43 PM
defensehockey19

This team is so inconsistent... The most frustrating Petes team I had watched... Ever.

Old
11-15-2013, 09:15 PM
jolly roger

Quote:
This team is so inconsistent... The most frustrating Petes team I had watched... Ever.
The goaltending has been consistent!

Old
11-15-2013, 09:45 PM
OHLTG

What has attendance been like this year? I'm coming up for the game on Saturday and, while we have tickets, I'm just curious to what crowd I should expect.

Old
11-15-2013, 09:59 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
What has attendance been like this year? I'm coming up for the game on Saturday and, while we have tickets, I'm just curious to what crowd I should expect.
You may sit wherever you please lets just say that....

Old
11-15-2013, 10:07 PM
OHLTG

Haha, gotcha. I have no idea where our seats are, but as long as they're right behind the benches, we'll be fine. The last time I was in Ptbo, and sat there, was 4-5 years ago now (at least). Watched the jumbotron the whole time. Last time I went, we sat five or six rows up in the one end; beautiful seats.

Old
11-15-2013, 10:11 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Haha, gotcha. I have no idea where our seats are, but as long as they're right behind the benches, we'll be fine. The last time I was in Ptbo, and sat there, was 4-5 years ago now (at least). Watched the jumbotron the whole time. Last time I went, we sat five or six rows up in the one end; beautiful seats.

Should be a good game... Our team is not as bad as our record says we are. High end talent with Ritchie and Cornel but it really drops off after that. Pumped to see how Koeks has improved since going to the Spits. Ho-Sang is also fun to watch.

Well best of luck tomorrow and enjoy the game!

Old
11-15-2013, 10:48 PM
ErieOttersNews
Bura Come Back

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly roger View Post
The goaltending has been consistent!
Guelph scored 4 goals in a 1:17 tonight, I watched the highlights, I'm not sure how much of this you can blame on the goaltending. Granted the goaltending hasn't been very good but those were some bad defensive breakdowns.

Old
11-16-2013, 12:38 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
Guelph scored 4 goals in a 1:17 tonight, I watched the highlights, I'm not sure how much of this you can blame on the goaltending. Granted the goaltending hasn't been very good but those were some bad defensive breakdowns.
Oh the defensive zone coverage is non existent. Free wheel and do do as you please and hope for the best that you don't score. That's our defensive mindset. Embarrassing. We either need new systems or new defenseman. Maybe both.

Old
11-16-2013, 02:17 AM
OHLTG

I'm not sure what to expect, game-wise, tomorrow. Windsor can really put up the points, but Ptbo strikes me as a team that can do the same. My guess...8-7 final or something.

Old
11-16-2013, 02:40 AM
OHLEYE

It depends which Petes team shows up. The one that battles and plays well, or the one that quits.

I've never seen a team that gives up like the Petes do when they believe things aren't going their way. Get up by two goals on this team and you have a great chance at winning.

Old
11-16-2013, 05:35 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Should be a good game... Our team is not as bad as our record says we are. High end talent with Ritchie and Cornel but it really drops off after that. Pumped to see how Koeks has improved since going to the Spits. Ho-Sang is also fun to watch.

Well best of luck tomorrow and enjoy the game!
Paying attention to Pete's lately and really surprised by the lack of growth. With the last 4 OHL drafts gifting no team like Peterborough has been..."

10. Koekoe
11. 2nd overall
12. 3rd overall
13. 3rd overall

Today they sit 8~ 14 ....432%

Picking the low hanging fruit four straight years with the team sitting 7th outta 10 it's easy to see this community ownership, board has failed the new era OHL big time.

They need a real top dog owner to steer the ship and handle tough descisions.....not board meetings.

That blows me away when you see such lack of growth.....prior to KoeKoe they picked Puempel and year earlier Spooner. They continue to bring in talent and look for that 8 seed.

Old
11-16-2013, 07:39 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Paying attention to Pete's lately and really surprised by the lack of growth. With the last 4 OHL drafts gifting no team like Peterborough has been..."

10. Koekoe
11. 2nd overall
12. 3rd overall
13. 3rd overall

Today they sit 8~ 14 ....432%

Picking the low hanging fruit four straight years with the team sitting 7th outta 10 it's easy to see this community ownership, board has failed the new era OHL big time.

They need a real top dog owner to steer the ship and handle tough descisions.....not board meetings.

That blows me away when you see such lack of growth.....prior to KoeKoe they picked Puempel and year earlier Spooner. They continue to bring in talent and look for that 8 seed.

I don't think drafting in the firstround has ever been the problem as our last few picks have been Cornel, Ritchie and Spencer all extremely talented and fun to watch... It's the rest of the team that we struggle with... Specifically goaltenders and defenseman!

Closed Thread