HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hugh Jessiman

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2005, 05:38 PM
CH Wizard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Hugh Jessiman

Is he gonna play with Hartford next year? Or he's gonna complete his senior year at Dartmouth? I like Jessiman, I've had the chance to watch like 9 Dartmouth games in the past two years.Jessiman is impressive while HEALTHY! (remember when he was a freshman? Oh god, he was dominant)Injuries disturbed him again, this past season.He's still a question mark but he just needs to put it together.He has good size, nice all around skills, he's a clear project...we'll see.

Old
05-20-2005, 05:42 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Not sure yet. I dont think he is injury prone, it was a freak accident which took him out for most of the year last season. Im sure though hes going to be up at the NYR training facility all summer like he was last year bulking up and working on his skating.

Old
05-20-2005, 05:50 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Not sure yet. I dont think he is injury prone, it was a freak accident which took him out for most of the year last season. Im sure though hes going to be up at the NYR training facility all summer like he was last year bulking up and working on his skating.
Hum ok.I thought he had another severe injury in his sophomore year but I've confused him with a d.Anyways...I'm also not sure if he's gonna return to Dartmouth next year but dunno, I've feeling he's gonna play for Hartford next year.

Old
05-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Levitate

personally i think it might be best for him to go to hartford, but i have a feeling he wants to go back yet again to dartmouth since he didn't get to accomplish what he wanted to last year because of his injury

Old
05-20-2005, 09:37 PM
bmoak

I think it unlikely that Jessiman returns to Dartmouth sincce the window of opportunity to achieve his goal (win ECAC Championship with Dartmouth) has kind of passed. The same with Montoya and his goal of winning a national championship at Michigan.

Old
05-20-2005, 10:13 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak
I think it unlikely that Jessiman returns to Dartmouth sincce the window of opportunity to achieve his goal (win ECAC Championship with Dartmouth) has kind of passed. The same with Montoya and his goal of winning a national championship at Michigan.
I'm not to sure coming to Hartford is the best if he's going to be getting possible backup minutes to a guy like Lundqvist or Labarbera.Remember, McGill doesn't play the star prospects over the guys playing well and I don't think it'll help to have him in Hartford. Its obviously he's very raw and an extra year of school won't hurt him. Jessimen however, needs to get to an actual legit hockey school.

Old
05-21-2005, 02:09 AM
Barnaby

After losing a year, I'd rather him just complete his year at Dartmouth. No reason he can't finish up then get in a year at Hartford. It's not like we're compteing for the next 2-3 years anyway. He could probably survive in Hartford, but after a whole year lost I'd rather he take his time.

Old
05-21-2005, 02:11 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
After losing a year, I'd rather him just complete his year at Dartmouth. No reason he can't finish up then get in a year at Hartford. It's not like we're compteing for the next 2-3 years anyway. He could probably survive in Hartford, but after a whole year lost I'd rather he take his time.
I agree, no need to rush him.

Old
05-21-2005, 05:27 AM
Ola

I am thinking this enviorment for Huge Jessiman, what do you guys think?

Jessiman-Forsberg-Jagr //Allot of lbs! Nr. 21 will need it in the east...
Nylander-Crosby-Balej //Nylander and Balej are fast skilled fw. Would be a electrifying(sp..) line. A perfect enviorment for Balej to jump start his career.
Murray-Holik-Giroux //Would be a tough line to play against.
Hollweg-Immonen/Moore/Lundmark-Ortmayer //The wingers would have no problem playing 10-12 minutes a night, passing some time.

Aucoin-Rachunek/Poti //Don't know what D's are out there. Aucoing is a guy who can log allot of minutes though. Solid both ways.
Kondratiev-Tyutin //These two could flourish playing for a puckmoving team.
Kaspar-Lampman //Like the prospect of Lampman playing on a solid pairing. On this team the 3rd pairing would log allot of ice.

Lalime
Lundqvist //Henke would play against selected opponents his first year. 25-35 games in the NHL+ conditional assignment in the AHL. He is not a young guy who will need a ton of ice to develop. He played almost 70 games last year against competetive opponents.

This team would be competetive. With the new rules in 06and a crackdown on obstruction we would take everyone by suprise. The team would get a enourmous kick just from beeing successful in NY. All the pressure would turn to our advantage and in early june next year, "the winner of the 06' Conn Smythe Trophy is Sidney Cro..." zzz its just about here I wake up every time..

As a hockey fan these days I personally belive that one is entilted to have a dream like this!

Last edited by Ola: 05-21-2005 at 05:41 AM.
Old
05-21-2005, 05:47 AM
Taz

Forsberg!?!?

Old
05-21-2005, 05:51 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
Forsberg!?!?
Peter, from rnskldsvik in Sweden. Always thougt he would be a good fit in NY. He is a UFA too...

Old
05-21-2005, 09:16 AM
RedLightDistrict

Quote:
If I may add, it was said in the hockey news yearbook from a few years back that Jessiman would need 3-4 years before he could make a shot at the pros

Old
05-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I am thinking this enviorment for Huge Jessiman, what do you guys think?

Jessiman-Forsberg-Jagr //Allot of lbs! Nr. 21 will need it in the east...
Nylander-Crosby-Balej //Nylander and Balej are fast skilled fw. Would be a electrifying(sp..) line. A perfect enviorment for Balej to jump start his career.
Murray-Holik-Giroux //Would be a tough line to play against.
Hollweg-Immonen/Moore/Lundmark-Ortmayer //The wingers would have no problem playing 10-12 minutes a night, passing some time.

Aucoin-Rachunek/Poti //Don't know what D's are out there. Aucoing is a guy who can log allot of minutes though. Solid both ways.
Kondratiev-Tyutin //These two could flourish playing for a puckmoving team.
Kaspar-Lampman //Like the prospect of Lampman playing on a solid pairing. On this team the 3rd pairing would log allot of ice.

Lalime
Lundqvist //Henke would play against selected opponents his first year. 25-35 games in the NHL+ conditional assignment in the AHL. He is not a young guy who will need a ton of ice to develop. He played almost 70 games last year against competetive opponents.

This team would be competetive. With the new rules in 06and a crackdown on obstruction we would take everyone by suprise. The team would get a enourmous kick just from beeing successful in NY. All the pressure would turn to our advantage and in early june next year, "the winner of the 06' Conn Smythe Trophy is Sidney Cro..." zzz its just about here I wake up every time..

As a hockey fan these days I personally belive that one is entilted to have a dream like this!
I was ready to post something like *pinches Ola*, when I re-read your post.

Old
05-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Ola's post is a dream case scenario . I'd love to think that way. But a lot has to happen.

Old
05-21-2005, 01:41 PM
NYRangers

Didn't we just do this (FA)?

learn

Old
05-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Ola

Yepp dream scenario! I agree that the UFA route isn't the way to go. But I am having abit of offseason depression...

If next season starts on time, how many days are their left? 150???

Imagine the first reports from camp... The first game...

Old
05-22-2005, 12:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
I'm not to sure coming to Hartford is the best if he's going to be getting possible backup minutes to a guy like Lundqvist or Labarbera.Remember, McGill doesn't play the star prospects over the guys playing well and I don't think it'll help to have him in Hartford. Its obviously he's very raw and an extra year of school won't hurt him. Jessimen however, needs to get to an actual legit hockey school.
Jason LaBarbera may not be in the Rangers organization or in their plans for 2005-06.He could bolt to Europe like Steve Valiquette did.LaBarbera is an unrestricted free agent this summer

Hartford plays 80 games so there is plenty of quality ice time

Which star prospect has not received playing time instead of an older player?Name one

Do you really want Jessiman to transfer to an actual legit hockey school?He would need to sit out an entire season

No Jessiman needs to play...in HARTFORD

Old
05-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Levitate

according to outside the garden, labarbera will be a group II free agent, which should mean he's a restricted FA

Quote:
Which star prospect has not received playing time instead of an older player?Name one
i think basically if montoya went to hartford, he'd get playing time...rangers brass isn't gonna sign him and send him there and let him ride the bench the whole time.

Old
05-22-2005, 03:00 PM
rnyquist

and if Lundqvist comes then what? Going to give them 40 games a piece? Because neither goalie likes to play backup or wants to be the backup or goalie 1a or 1b. Unless Lundqvist is guaranteed to be playing in NYC, fine, sign Montoya, but right now, there's no guarantee that he'll be playing anywhere but Hartford. And Jessimen needs to get out of Dartmouth, he needs to be in Hartford, unless he has plans to do something other than hockey.

Old
05-22-2005, 03:07 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If Lundqvist comes next season then they should tell Montoya to stay...that or go to Charlotte. Unless they get rid of Labarbera which i dont see them doing.

Old
05-22-2005, 08:39 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
according to outside the garden, labarbera will be a group II free agent, which should mean he's a restricted FA

i think basically if montoya went to hartford, he'd get playing time...rangers brass isn't gonna sign him and send him there and let him ride the bench the whole time.
Well Outside the Garden is wrong

The definition of group VI free agency

Group VI -- The players marked (VI) qualify for unrestricted free agency, having met the requirements for Group VI free agency. These players, whose contracts have expired, are age 25 or older, have completed three or more professional seasons, and (i) in the case of a player other than a goaltender have played fewer than 80 NHL games (regular-season and playoff), or (ii) in the case of a goaltender have played fewer than 28 NHL games (regular-season and playoff).

Jason LaBarbera's two year contract expired at the end of the season.He is 25 years old.Has played five professional seasons.Has played 5 NHL games

Under that definition,LaBarbera will be a group VI unrestricted free agent

Old
05-22-2005, 08:43 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
and if Lundqvist comes then what? Going to give them 40 games a piece? Because neither goalie likes to play backup or wants to be the backup or goalie 1a or 1b. Unless Lundqvist is guaranteed to be playing in NYC, fine, sign Montoya, but right now, there's no guarantee that he'll be playing anywhere but Hartford. And Jessimen needs to get out of Dartmouth, he needs to be in Hartford, unless he has plans to do something other than hockey.
What's wrong with sharing the duties?Have you followed the development of AHL goaltenders in the past couple of seasons?

Chances are Lundqvist will not need an entire season in Hartford.Montoya will need a couple of seasons of AHL hockey

Old
05-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Barnaby

40 games for Montoya is still as much as he'd get at Michigan anyway. If it's going to be another offensive free for all, then I'd rather get him to Hartford with Allaire, and against professional shooters. He can also fovus entirely on hockey, and not have to worry about school. If HL is ready half way through the season then Montoya starts, if they want HL to get a little more work cuz he's closer then fine. Montoya could spend a couple weeks at Charlotte. Montoya will need at least two seasons in Hartford and maybe three. If Michigan has a stronger system in place next year then maybe he can stay, but no sense doing to him what happened last season. Jack Johnson doesn't mean the entire team D will be better...

Old
05-23-2005, 09:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
40 games for Montoya is still as much as he'd get at Michigan anyway. If it's going to be another offensive free for all, then I'd rather get him to Hartford with Allaire, and against professional shooters. He can also fovus entirely on hockey, and not have to worry about school. If HL is ready half way through the season then Montoya starts, if they want HL to get a little more work cuz he's closer then fine. Montoya could spend a couple weeks at Charlotte. Montoya will need at least two seasons in Hartford and maybe three. If Michigan has a stronger system in place next year then maybe he can stay, but no sense doing to him what happened last season. Jack Johnson doesn't mean the entire team D will be better...
Hannu Toivonen played 36 games for Providence in 2003-04 and 54 games for the Baby Bruins in 2004-05

Cam Ward played 50 games for Lowell in 04-05

Montoya can do that

Old
05-23-2005, 12:10 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

I think both Jessiman & Montoya need to sign and play in Hartford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One
Is he gonna play with Hartford next year? Or he's gonna complete his senior year at Dartmouth? I like Jessiman, I've had the chance to watch like 9 Dartmouth games in the past two years.Jessiman is impressive while HEALTHY! (remember when he was a freshman? Oh god, he was dominant)Injuries disturbed him again, this past season.He's still a question mark but he just needs to put it together.He has good size, nice all around skills, he's a clear project...we'll see.
My reasoning being that there is little for them to accomplish at the college level. Jessiman needs to work with our coaches, same with Montoya. The whole idea is for this core group to play together. Mcgill and Fotiu are excellent with young players. I disagree with the fact that some think McGill stifles creativity. I think he teaches them how to play both ends of the ice and to be responsible.

Montoya needs to work with Allare. Mich is rebuilding and he really doesn't need to be in that environment. You have to remember that as a Sr if he has the same type of year as he did last year the coach may yank him and play a younger goalie who will be with the program beyond 1 year. There is no reason Montoya and Lundqvist can't play together in Hartford and split the games. I am all for bring the kids into our program full time. Say what you will about how and what Sather has handled the big squad, he has put all the pieces and people into place in the development area of the organization. You are now starting to see the natural progression of the picks coming up into the NYR system of development.

Closed Thread