HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ottawa And Los Angeles

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2013, 10:23 PM
  #1
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime
 
PriceIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: You know...
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 500
Ottawa And Los Angeles

So im fairly new here and noticed something during the sens-mtl series. Ottawa needs a nice all around Forward. I put together a trade and please don't hate as i dont do trades that often but i think ti benefits both teams.



Dustin Brown
Slava Voynov
Jake Muzzin
Tyler Toffoli
2nd Round Pick



Erik Karlsson
Milan Michalek
Zack Smith

Here is how i see it An all around great forward for the 1st line when Alfredsson retires, Silfverberg or something/ Spezza / Brown , Michalek is to give a forward back to the kings. Karlsson is a massive peice i know but i beleive Voynovs potential is massive and he will be great esepcially with a guy like Gonchar. Muzzin and Toffoli are great for Ottawas already great Prospect pool. Tell me what you think!

PriceIsGod is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:23 PM
  #2
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,938
vCash: 1815
Ottawa turns that down as soon as you say Karlsson.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:24 PM
  #3
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime
 
PriceIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: You know...
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Ottawa turns that down as soon as you say Karlsson.
After that injury he was shaken up and i don't know if he's the same , they should move him before he loses value.

PriceIsGod is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:25 PM
  #4
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,284
vCash: 500




Lock it

WhiteLight is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:25 PM
  #5
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,284
vCash: 500
La loses big time

hlaverty06 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:26 PM
  #6
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick
 
CoachBadkitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
La loses big time
Agreed

CoachBadkitten is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:26 PM
  #7
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime
 
PriceIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: You know...
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post




Lock it
Why ? Is it really that bad i see it as mega even

PriceIsGod is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:27 PM
  #8
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime
 
PriceIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: You know...
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
La loses big time
But i thought it was even :C it seems both sides odnt like it ?

PriceIsGod is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:27 PM
  #9
SoulAssassin
Registered User
 
SoulAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Guelph, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,040
vCash: 500
LA loses for sure. EK65 is great, but come on, he has no heart, look at his lacksadasickle pinch in game 1 that resulted in a SHG. Thats not Kings hockey at all

SoulAssassin is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:28 PM
  #10
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceIsGod View Post
After that injury he was shaken up and i don't know if he's the same , they should move him before he loses value.
He wasn't even supposed to be in the lineup by now. You're not even gonna let him heal, you're just gonna assume he won't recover?


Last edited by spiny norman: 05-17-2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: not needed
WhiteLight is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:28 PM
  #11
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime
 
PriceIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: You know...
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
He wasn't even supposed to be in the lineup by now. You're not even gonna let him heal, you're just gonna assume he won't recover?
No, i watched the series , he isnt suspose to be back because HE ISNT its obvious watching hte games even in the pit game he looked different then normal


Last edited by spiny norman: 05-17-2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: qmep
PriceIsGod is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:30 PM
  #12
West Coast Bias*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 867
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Dustin Brown is real captain material. They could really use his leadership in Ottawa after Alfie retires. That alone makes this trade even at the very least.

West Coast Bias* is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:31 PM
  #13
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceIsGod View Post
No, i watched the series , he isnt suspose to be back because HE ISNT its obvious watching hte games even in the pit game he looked different then normal
He isn't normal. His Achilles tendon was cut 3 months ago.

How about at least give him 1 season to judge if he regains form?


Last edited by spiny norman: 05-17-2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: not needed
WhiteLight is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:33 PM
  #14
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime
 
PriceIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: You know...
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
He isn't normal. His Achilles tendon was cut 3 months ago.

How about at least give him 1 season to judge if he regains form?
in 1 season he will be way lower they should make this trade before hten is what im saying.


Last edited by spiny norman: 05-17-2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: qmep
PriceIsGod is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:33 PM
  #15
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,763
vCash: 500
While I agree that there is something wrong with Karlsson right now (injury wise or mentally), I wouldn't do this.

The Karlsson I saw at the beginning of this year can only be traded for Crosby or Malkin, IMO. If he plays like he is right now next year too, then we will see what the impact of the injury truly was on him.

He's helping out the team right now even though he's not healthy, and that's why he is playing. Travis Zajac reached out to him and told him not to play yet, but the guy obviously cares a lot.

Novak Djokovic is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:36 PM
  #16
WhiteLight
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceIsGod View Post
in 1 season he will be way lower they should make this trade before hten is what im saying.
How can you possibly know this. Are you an expert?

WhiteLight is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:38 PM
  #17
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor
 
K2B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,307
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceIsGod View Post
in 1 season he will be way lower they should make this trade before hten is what im saying.
You're talking about Carey Price right? Because Erik Karlsson is worth more than your entire roster.

K2B is online now  
Old
05-16-2013, 10:54 PM
  #18
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
clever having an LA smilie for this thread

officeglen is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:13 PM
  #19
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
This is absurd for both teams.

I wouldnt look to move Karlsson for anything in the LA package, and LA has Doughty, traded Jack Johnson and his offensive ability because of Drew Doughty. I'd much rather have Karlsson/Michalek than Voynov/Brown, and quite frankly its not even close.

TSA0402 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:15 PM
  #20
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor
 
K2B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,307
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
This is absurd for both teams.

I wouldnt look to move Karlsson for anything in the LA package, and LA has Doughty, traded Jack Johnson and his offensive ability because of Drew Doughty. I'd much rather have Karlsson/Michalek than Voynov/Brown, and quite frankly its not even close.
How on earth is this bad for LA? This is a steal for them.

K2B is online now  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:17 PM
  #21
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Quality > Quantity

The Sens aren't trading Karlsson

Milan the God* is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:22 PM
  #22
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
How on earth is this bad for LA? This is a steal for them.
There isn't enough powerplay for two RD All-Stars in Karlsson and Doughty.

Also, as much as I dislike that little **** Brown, his contribution to their team is very important. Voynov is underrated as well, was hoping CBJ would get him instead of Johnson. I dont see this trade making them better short term or long term.

TSA0402 is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:29 PM
  #23
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor
 
K2B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,307
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
There isn't enough powerplay for two RD All-Stars in Karlsson and Doughty.

Also, as much as I dislike that little **** Brown, his contribution to their team is very important. Voynov is underrated as well, was hoping CBJ would get him instead of Johnson. I dont see this trade making them better short term or long term.
That's like saying having Crosby and Malik on the same team is a disadvantag. Who doesn't want 2 top 5 D-Man in the league. I've watche numerous Kings games and realize Brown's value but this is a no brainer for LA.

K2B is online now  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:30 PM
  #24
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted
 
sunsoutgunsout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Quality > Quantity

The Sens aren't trading Karlsson
I'd rather have 24 David Bollands than 1 Erik Karlsson.

Therefore:

Quantity > Quality

sunsoutgunsout is offline  
Old
05-16-2013, 11:31 PM
  #25
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick
 
CoachBadkitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
That's like saying having Crosby and Malik on the same team is a disadvantag. Who doesn't want 2 top 5 D-Man in the league. I've watche numerous Kings games and realize Brown's value but this is a no brainer for LA.
Except Crosby and Malik play two different positions. And Malik plays in the czech league now. Though he did have an awesome shootout move.

CoachBadkitten is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.