HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern Semifinal: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators PT II

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
pens look like a dynasty.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:28 AM
elsubz

vCash: 500
C'mon Sens fans deep inside you knew this was coming. Being continually dominated and depending on your goalie to do everything was gonna blow on your face. Sure hope Karlsson noted who #87 was

Old
05-18-2013, 12:30 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
C'mon Sens fans deep inside you knew this was coming. Being continually dominated and depending on your goalie to do everything was gonna blow on your face. Sure hope Karlsson noted who #87 was
Again, what domination?

6 shots over the other 15/16 periods in the series from a team too scared to crash the net. That's not domination.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:44 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Gryba for sure noted who 81 was.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Karlsson was abysmal again. If he's still hurt he really should shut it down because he's an absolute liability right now.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Karlsson was abysmal again. If he's still hurt he really should shut it down because he's an absolute liability right now.
Or maybe this is how his defense is against higher competition and people can't fathom the notion that he really won his Norris because of his stats, not his overall play, which is the truth but god forbid anyone mentions it without a barrage of Sens fans going ape **** and saying you're wrong. This series and the Habs series was enough proof for me, also that 70% crap, yeah right, if that really happened, the percentage I mean, he'd still be out. No way that's 100% factual. Enough stuff is reported with some falsehood, I am chalking that up as one of them.

Nice knowing ya, Sens. The sooner this is over, the better.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Richie10

Not sure if this is the place for this, but I'd really love to see a SCF with the Kopitar line v. Malkin line and Richards v. Crosby. Epic.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:03 AM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
VERY similar to the sens board these days.
It seems that part of the fan base of every team that gets behind in a series starts blaming the officiating.

Nothing new here.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:03 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Or maybe this is how his defense is against higher competition and people can't fathom the notion that he really won his Norris because of his stats, not his overall play, which is the truth but god forbid anyone mentions it without a barrage of Sens fans going ape **** and saying you're wrong. This series and the Habs series was enough proof for me, also that 70% crap, yeah right, if that really happened, the percentage I mean, he'd still be out. No way that's 100% factual. Enough stuff is reported with some falsehood, I am chalking that up as one of them.

Anyone who watched Karlsson last season win the NORRIS, would know for sure that he's not playing anywhere close to that level this season. So you saw him play 7 games in the postseason and that was enough for you to tell me his defense was bad...? Small sample size much?

A lot of angry Habs fans in this thread wishing they made the 2nd round using injuries as an excuse.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:06 AM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Anyone who watched Karlsson last season win the NORRIS, would know for sure that he's not playing anywhere close to that level this season. So you saw him play 7 games in the postseason and that was enough for you to tell me his defense was bad...? Small sample size much?

A lot of angry Habs fans in this thread wishing they made the 2nd round using injuries as an excuse.
You know that someone becomes a premier player in the league when people start doing everything they can to tear the guy down.

He's playing hurt, anyone who has watched him play the past couple seasons can see that.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:08 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
He should really just be paired with Phillips and get PP.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Shwag33

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
It seems that part of the fan base of every team that gets behind in a series starts blaming the officiating.

Nothing new here.

Yeah I feel like every board should have their own thread, and you cant say anything about the refs outside of that thread.

I just the loud minority for the most part, but it makes the boards much worse to read. Makes the boards look like everyone wears tinfoil hats.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:10 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post

I see the same defensive lapses, just that now, his offense has disappeared in the past 2 games so the main focus is his defense. It happens, the sooner you stop making excuses, the sooner you can accept that the kid needs a lot of work and that Norris was solely based on his stats.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:16 AM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Quote:

Go back and read what Sens fans said about him is first game back. It was very clear his skating wasnt even close to where he left off pre injury. He is playing as there isn't a risk of reinjuring it (unless the same play happens). I'm sure it still feels tight and the strength isn't there yet. Anyone who watched Karlsson before the injury and after can tell you his skating isn't the same. Obviously you failed to pay attention pre injury.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Sheik Yerbouti

Quote:
I see the same defensive lapses, just that now, his offense has disappeared in the past 2 games so the main focus is his defense. It happens, the sooner you stop making excuses, the sooner you can accept that the kid needs a lot of work and that Norris was solely based on his stats.
I'm not a fan of the Sens or Karlsson

You sound like a guy that's basing his judgement solely based on Stats. Karlsson put up huge numbers and is young....must play bad defense...You've watched him play 2 series after a major injury and have concluded that his defense is terrible and the Norris was undeserved....your opinion is wrong...yes just wrong.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:19 AM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

Quote:
His positioning has never been top notch but he would rarely get beat, it seems to happen every second shift since he came back. And pre injury he would just take the puck of the opponents stick as they entered the zone, I think he has done this once since his return.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
I'm not a fan of the Sens or Karlsson

You sound like a guy that's basing his judgement solely based on Stats. Karlsson put up huge numbers and is young....must play bad defense...You've watched him play 2 series after a major injury and have concluded that his defense is terrible and the Norris was undeserved....your opinion is wrong...yes just wrong.
I've also seen enough of him last season, this forum is littered with people saying the same thing with Sens fans getting insanely sensitive about it. But we Pens fans have to sit back and take it when stuff is said about the Pens players?

Sure, why not.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Not sure if this is the place for this, but I'd really love to see a SCF with the Kopitar line v. Malkin line and Richards v. Crosby. Epic.
I couldn't deal with having to watch the Pens lose to Richards and Carter...

I'd throw up.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:27 AM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

It maybe because the pens have had better teams than the sens for some time now but it always seems like they get the majority of the calls go their way. Maybe it's in my head but its the way I've felt for sometime.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by czwalga View Post
Yeah I feel like every board should have their own thread, and you cant say anything about the refs outside of that thread.

I just the loud minority for the most part, but it makes the boards much worse to read. Makes the boards look like everyone wears tinfoil hats.
For the two games the Pens had a supposed ten PP's, but one the first game was for the final 20 seconds, and another was almost immediately negated by a PP the other way, so actually more like 8 PPs, scoring on 3.

The Sens had 7 PPs, scoring on 1.

Elements of every fan base think that they get screwed by the refs, but by any fair reading, essentially the Pens have had 1 more PP opportunity, plus a few seconds. If you look at any series in the end it usually works out something like this.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:52 AM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:
I've also seen enough of him last season, this forum is littered with people saying the same thing with Sens fans getting insanely sensitive about it. But we Pens fans have to sit back and take it when stuff is said about the Pens players?

Sure, why not.
You do realize that you are the one coming off as "insanely sensitive" about Karlsson based on your persistence in this thread? (And the last part of your statement)

Old
05-18-2013, 01:52 AM
AZPenguins

Quote:

Sure, why not.
Watch out HOR or next you will be called a band wagon fan that doesn't really follow hockey ... Who cares if what you are saying is true.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:55 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Crosby's good.

Old
05-18-2013, 01:58 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Latvian View Post
It maybe because the pens have had better teams than the sens for some time now but it always seems like they get the majority of the calls go their way. Maybe it's in my head but its the way I've felt for sometime.
aren't the sens continually one of the most-penalized teams in the league?

2013-2013: 3rd at 13.6 PIM/G
2011-2012: 2nd at 14 PIM/G
2010-2011: 6th at 14 PIM/G
2009-2010: 10th at 13.9 PIM/G

it's not in your head, but it has nothing to do with your opponents. the team needs to be far more disciplined.

Last edited by Crafton: 05-18-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old
05-18-2013, 02:05 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Hahahahahahaha, I love when I see these these high-horse fans who think they know hockey try to share a useless opinion when experts have fully come out callin Karlsson the best(arguably) player in the game to start the year but hey, the sooner we don't to them the better.

Keep yapping along there jiffy.

Closed Thread