HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIX - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2013, 08:22 PM
  #451
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It could be Eller. Eller was looking like a million bucks before the injury. Can't wait to see him next year.
Larsy
larry
mon amour
great dane
danish
pastry

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 08:57 PM
  #452
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,344
vCash: 50
Have all the refs suddenly decided to stop doing their jobs in this year's PO?? 2 penalties in a row that should of been called on Pittsburgh.

Alexdaman is online now  
Old
05-17-2013, 08:58 PM
  #453
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Lehner standing on his head...

E = CH² is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 08:59 PM
  #454
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
Pleks is definitely > Krejci. But who is the Habs' Bergeron? Certainly not DD.

Other big difference is Krejci gets to play with Lucic and Horton.
Considering role Its more like Pleks is the somewhat downscale version of Bergeron and Desharnais is the significantly worse version of Krejci.

The Habs hopes is that their Lucic (Pacioretty) and Kelly (Eller) equivaltents are better overall players, which is reasonable (Gallagher would be Marchand, Galchenyuk Seguin, Bourque Horton and Gionta Pevelry in this analogy).

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 09:04 PM
  #455
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,344
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Considering role Its more like Pleks is the somewhat downscale version of Bergeron and Desharnais is the significantly worse version of Krejci.

The Habs hopes is that their Lucic (Pacioretty) and Kelly (Eller) equivaltents are better overall players, which is reasonable (Gallagher would be Marchand, Galchenyuk Seguin, Bourque Horton and Gionta Pevelry in this analogy).
Stop comparing apples and oranges.

Alexdaman is online now  
Old
05-17-2013, 09:08 PM
  #456
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,498
vCash: 500
Robert Klinkhammer signed a contract with Phoenix. Just wanted to say Klinkhammer. One of the best name ever.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 09:09 PM
  #457
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,344
vCash: 50
Well I guess it's pretty evident that Ottawa traded Bishop for pretty much nothing.

Alexdaman is online now  
Old
05-17-2013, 09:16 PM
  #458
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Well I guess it's pretty evident that Ottawa traded Bishop for pretty much nothing.
Conacher is Ottawa's version of Dumont. Yeah they got robbed.

Ottawa has no chance when their goalie isn't playing out of his mind. Lehner(plus a weak one or two on Vokoun) made it look a lot closer than it was. Friggen Anderson lost his horseshoe!

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 09:16 PM
  #459
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Well I guess it's pretty evident that Ottawa traded Bishop for pretty much nothing.
Why do you say that ? I can't help but feel I'm missing something here.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 09:22 PM
  #460
Stive Morgan
Habland
 
Stive Morgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 0
Ottawa down 2-0?

Excellent.


Stive Morgan is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 09:31 PM
  #461
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Confirms that without the refs help they would have fallen to us.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 10:11 PM
  #462
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Conacher is Ottawa's version of Dumont. Yeah they got robbed.

Ottawa has no chance when their goalie isn't playing out of his mind. Lehner(plus a weak one or two on Vokoun) made it look a lot closer than it was. Friggen Anderson lost his horseshoe!
He didn't lose his horseshoe... He's facing a NHL offense.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 10:43 PM
  #463
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
We are never going to win the cup with dd and plekachu as top 2 centers. Both of them must leave.
One does not simply call Plekanec as "plekachu".

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 11:12 PM
  #464
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,231
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Well I guess it's pretty evident that Ottawa traded Bishop for pretty much nothing.
Conacher got ridiculously overrated off a hot month and a half stretch. He's just not that good a player. Tampa did well to sell high.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
05-17-2013, 11:46 PM
  #465
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Conacher got ridiculously overrated off a hot month and a half stretch. He's just not that good a player. Tampa did well to sell high.
You mean like if we had traded Desharnais at the end of last season?

DAChampion is online now  
Old
05-17-2013, 11:47 PM
  #466
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
You mean like if we had traded Desharnais at the end of last season?
Yeah. Like that.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 12:04 AM
  #467
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,260
vCash: 500
Number 87 was pretty good tonight

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 08:08 AM
  #468
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He didn't lose his horseshoe... He's facing a NHL offense.
Yeah cause the Habs have no skill and didn't finish in the top 5 in scoring.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 08:34 AM
  #469
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Yeah cause the Habs have no skill and didn't finish in the top 5 in scoring.
Yeah, way to read the stats and close your eyes during the games.

You know as well as me that we were crap in this series.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 08:50 AM
  #470
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yeah, way to read the stats and close your eyes during the games.

You know as well as me that we were crap in this series.
The problem for the Habs was the goaltending, not the offense. The officiating blunders also cost us a game.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 08:50 AM
  #471
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yeah, way to read the stats and close your eyes during the games.

You know as well as me that we were crap in this series.
Our offense was decimated with injuries. A far cry from our regular season selves.

Pacioretty shouldn't of even dressed.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 08:54 AM
  #472
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The problem for the Habs was the goaltending, not the offense. The officiating blunders also cost us a game.
Goaltending was the least of our problems.

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 08:54 AM
  #473
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The problem for the Habs was the goaltending, not the offense. The officiating blunders also cost us a game.
Yeah, okay... This again. Maybe you should try and watch the games again and count how many ''unstoppable'' saves Anderson made. My guess would be 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Our offense was decimated with injuries. A far cry from our regular season selves.

Pacioretty shouldn't of even dressed.
Totally. We had two players actually driving the net... Outside of Bourque, Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Plekanec, we had NO offense.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 09:27 AM
  #474
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Robert Klinkhammer signed a contract with Phoenix. Just wanted to say Klinkhammer. One of the best name ever.
Klinkhammer. Klinkhammer. It's even fun to type as well.

The background guard in Hogan's heroes. The faithful soldier/farmer who goes down in the first battle.

Klinkhammer. Just had to type it again. Hope he makes it.

bsl is offline  
Old
05-18-2013, 09:28 AM
  #475
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
You mean like if we had traded Desharnais at the end of last season?
DA strikes again.

bsl is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.