HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIX - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2013, 10:31 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Boston looks good right now because they are playing a slow-paced team. They won't stand a chance against a fast-skating team. That's why we matched up good against them. Pittsburgh will get them in 5.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Bye bye 1st round pick Boston.
That's the only good news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
I would rather improve because of those things, than have to see our rival win another cup. Two cups wins for them in recent history means we have to win two to be even.
Or maybe we are not even. It's their time. It's pretty clear. The problem is that their window might not shut that soon. They have some insane depth in net. The real test will be when Chara slows down. And when Bergeron slows down. But then, they also have some depth at that position. Add the fact that Chiarelli is great. That their scouting group is very good. That Julien is one of the best in the business and frankly....we are far from being even. So let's accept and build our team and try to make our own history. It will have eventually to go through beating them, but that's something we can do. But Boston is right now building their own type of dynasty. In this type of hockey, a destiny might not be winning a cup every year....but it might be winning a few and being a contender for the rest of them. I don't see them slowing down unfortunately.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Sharks are a likable team.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Boston looks good right now because they are playing a slow-paced team. They won't stand a chance against a fast-skating team. That's why we matched up good against them. Pittsburgh will get them in 5.
Boston is quite fast as well. It's a trait that is pretty overlooked as far as they are concerned. And when they are not fast, they are elusive.

I would bet that they will win the ECF. But could probably be beaten in the Cup Finals....but even that is not a gimme. The West is killing themselves as we speak. And the break that the Bruins will have compared to any other team who are about to bring their own series to 6 could be key. I would actually believe that the Bruins will win it all this year.

It is a wish that they would be crushed....but people shouldn't put their hopes too high....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-21-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Sharks are a likable team.
I agree. They have this really nice guy named Gomez. He's a practical joker.......made Mr. Molson's money disappear.

I guess he also made Gainey and Gauthier disappear too.

Old
Teufelsdreck

I don't see how Tortorella can survive as coach of the Rangers. They're pathetic in their own end and they have no power play. The third game wouldn't have been as close as it was if Lundqvist had not been so good.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't see how Tortorella can survive as coach of the Rangers. They're pathetic in their own end and they have no power play. The third game wouldn't have been as close as it was if Lundqvist had not been so good.
Do you think he is the one at fault though? He has the team play a pretty defensive system.....but is this the reason for their lack of offense......or is it the personelle put together on the team. I few players have clearly underachieved, as well.....Richards *cough* *cough*

Old
05-21-2013, 10:40 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
Do you think he is the one at fault though? He has the team play a pretty defensive system.....but is this the reason for their lack of offense......or is it the personelle put together on the team. I few players have clearly underachieved, as well.....Richards *cough* *cough*
Hard to be offensive when all your five men just block shots and have no transition.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Hugo Sham

flame me all you want. i'm still trying to figure out how the **** we lost to Ottawa, and i'm 100% certain we would've given the B's a much better fight

Old
05-21-2013, 10:42 PM
couris

Watching how SJ, LA, Boston and Pens play tells us how miles we are from winning the cup with our pathetic top6 forwards.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Hard to be offensive when all your five men just block shots and have no transition.
Whatchu talkin bout WTK. Rangers have not one but FIVE #1 dmen. They're the best. Just check the main board.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
flame me all you want. i'm still trying to figure out how the **** we lost to Ottawa, and i'm 100% certain we would've given the B's a much better fight
We got ousted in 5. We are just very average with lots of players not made for the playoffs and who are afraid from the center of the ice (plekachu). Not to mention Price being the worse goalie in the playoffs.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:44 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Boston is quite fast as well. It's a trait that is pretty overlooked as far as they are concerned. And when they are not fast, they are elusive.

I would bet that they will win the ECF. But could probably be beaten in the Cup Finals....but even that is not a gimme. The West is killing themselves as we speak. And the break that the Bruins will have compared to any other team who are about to bring their own series to 6 could be key. I would actually believe that the Bruins will win it all this year.

It is a wish that they would be crushed....but people shouldn't put their hopes too high....
Taranna exposed them. And so will Pittsburgh. Boston is not fast.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Andy

Quote:
Losing Eller and Emelin and not being able to replace either player in their roles. That plus additional injuries. No one was able to replace Emelin's minutes + reliability and size combo and no one was able to replace Eller's ability to dominate possession as well as his ability to gain the o-zone. Also Eller was no slouch defensively.

Losing Emelin through the D out of whack, losing Eller killed the forward depth.

You can add the additional injuries suffered in that series.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Taranna exposed them. And so will Pittsburgh. Boston is not fast.
Boston does have that history of starting slowly. I would not really call Toronto fast either. The great magician that is Kadri was nowhere to be found. Grabovski did give them some problems...so was JVR. And even McClement was great for them. Reimer was making the difference until he realized he was Reimer. But frankly, Boston was beating themselves at one point. But now...they are on their way.

We will see what Pittsburgh will do with the Sens, we all expect them to win. But it could be a little tougher than expected. Nobody is too confortable with that goalie situation in Pittsburgh. Boston could exploit that.

As far as fast or not...well Krug and Bartkowski have added a new dimension. But they weren't slow to begin with. But we'll agree to disagree on that.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:53 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
I agree. They have this really nice guy named Gomez. He's a practical joker.......made Mr. Molson's money disappear.

I guess he also made Gainey and Gauthier disappear too.
Imagine if Gomez were to score the game seven OT Stanley Cup winning goal

Suddenly Gomez supporters would come out of the woodwork telling us how it was a terrible decision to buy him out.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
If you think about the ease with which the Bruins set up in the Rangers' end--and stayed there--his defensive system resembles a corroded water pipe. Unlike Therrien, Tortorella can't use the excuse of injuries. Wayne Gretzky was a spectator at MSG. I know it's a reach but could he be under consideration to replace Tortorella?

Old
05-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That's the only good news...

Or maybe we are not even. It's their time. It's pretty clear. The problem is that their window might not shut that soon. They have some insane depth in net. The real test will be when Chara slows down. And when Bergeron slows down. But then, they also have some depth at that position. Add the fact that Chiarelli is great. That their scouting group is very good. That Julien is one of the best in the business and frankly....we are far from being even. So let's accept and build our team and try to make our own history. It will have eventually to go through beating them, but that's something we can do. But Boston is right now building their own type of dynasty. In this type of hockey, a destiny might not be winning a cup every year....but it might be winning a few and being a contender for the rest of them. I don't see them slowing down unfortunately.
And despite all that, I am not sure that the current Bruins could beat a healthy habs roster in the playoffs.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:01 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Combination of the refs, our goalies not playing well enough, injuries and players not willing to pay the price.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:04 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
And despite all that, I am not sure that the current Bruins could beat a healthy habs roster in the playoffs.
Bruins are banged up too. They're doing this without 3 vet dmen.

Is Price going to outplay Rask? I'm not sure about that.

Would our D be able to handle the crash and banging of the Bruins players?

Can't compare reg season to playoffs. Bruins are able to play a more physical game without being penalized..unlike the reg. season.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

Can't compare reg season to playoffs. Bruins are able to play a more physical game without being penalized..unlike the reg. season.
Even with a healthy Bruins squad, I'm skeptical whether they beat the habs in 7.

Why can't Price outplay Rask? He was on par with Conn Smyth Thomas despite the habs being a worse team than this year's team.

The D with Emelin in it was fine all year against the Bruins. We showed that we can score against them in the comebacks and we showed we can shut them down in a 2-1 win.

The playoffs Bruins have been far from impressive. They almost blue a 3-1 series lead against the Leafs and the Rangers are just not that great. That's not to say that the Bruins don't deserve where they are, but to say that they've plowed their way to where they currently are is wrong.

Again, I wouldn't be remotely surprised for a healthy habs squad to take a series against a healthy Bruins squad.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Bye bye 1st round pick Boston.
Ya I guess the one positive of the seemingly Bruin sweep would be that they lose that pick which would have been right in front of ours in all the rounds. Now they will probably pick 57th in round 2

Old
05-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Andy

Dan Boyle baby. Underrated in my opinion. Consistently good every year.

2-0 sharks.

Edit: shot deflects off of Couture's knee.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:23 PM
Nedved

classic no goal

Old
05-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

This rookie Krug showed a lot offensively. He's sure to play in Boston next season.

Closed Thread