HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Need to expand the EHT?

Old
05-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Vaeltaja

vCash: 500
Need to expand the EHT?

Just wondering if the EHT could or rather should be expanded beyond RUS/CZE/SWE/FIN given the performance of the Switzerland and Slovakia (and other European teams as well). Yeah, i know the EHT is a 'bad/boring/substandard tournament' but still those are international games and as such, at least to me, far more appealing than FEL games. And given the performance of the European teams with low or almost no NHL content in the IIHF 2013 even the lack of their participation seems like a minor inconvenience (big thanks to KHL for this - IMHO).

No real idea if it is even possible or has support anywhere, just food for thought.

Vaeltaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 01:46 PM
roto

EHT is already going to the place where ice hockey tournaments die.

It's already been decided that single games will be played along the season and there will be 16-24 countries in total. Top-8 countries play in A-group against each other (home and away) and the last team is relegated to B-group.

This will start on 2014-2015 season.

Link to Finnish tabloid (Iltalehti):
http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/20...46975_jk.shtml

roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by roto View Post
EHT is already going to the place where ice hockey tournaments die.

It's already been decided that single games will be played along the season and there will be 16-24 countries in total. Top-8 countries play in A-group against each other (home and away) and the last team is relegated to B-group.

This will start on 2014-2015 season.

Link to Finnish tabloid (Iltalehti):
http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/20...46975_jk.shtml
That is actually old news. There were stories in Finnish papers that the Finnish and Russian tournaments would continue.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Vaeltaja

How the heck did i miss that... Well that is good news (difficult to see how it could have gone much worse).

Vaeltaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 11:46 AM
ES

The best thing is if we get rid of neutral side games. Not very much interested to watch Sweden vs. Czech Republic in Helsinki.

Even if there are no tournaments, I hope that Finland vs. Sweden will be kept at its usual date on Fathers' Day (in Finland that's second Sunday of November).

ES is offline   Reply With Quote