Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quotes from MIN/EDM game

Hello, I am the HF writer in Edmonton and was at the game and got Jacques Lemaire to comment afterwards on Kyle Wanvig. I would have sent these to the MIN writer but I see only 1 article has been written since November of 2002. Maybe one of you fans could help out there?

Anyway... here's what I got for you in case you are interested. It's not much nor is it earth shaking but... hey I tried for you.

Q: Tell me how Kyle Wanvig's camp has been and what's in store for him.

A: "Kyle's been working very hard. He wants to get some goals and he works very hard to get the goals. We're satisfied with his progress. We know he can do a certain job defensively, we're not afraid of his defensive game. We're only expecting a little more offensively which one day will come."

Q: Is he destinied to go back to the AHL this year?
A: "We don't know yet."

Kyle scored a nice goal tonight, more from a sweet pass but he was there for the finish. He also played fairly physical and showed me better speed than I expected from him.

Old
09-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Wild Thing

GuyF, thanks a lot for the report. Tell me, how did his skating look overall? We've been hearing a lot of people say that he's awkward and weak on his skates, and easy to knock off the puck. Would you say that was accurate?

Old
09-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing
GuyF, thanks a lot for the report. Tell me, how did his skating look overall? We've been hearing a lot of people say that he's awkward and weak on his skates, and easy to knock off the puck. Would you say that was accurate?
To be honest, I thought he looked really good tonight. Now, this was the first time I have ever seen him play and really had no previous scouting report in mind when I watched. After all, I'm there concentrating on the Oilers right?

I thought he skated well for a guy his size. He played the body well and had 2 or 3 opportunities to score.

Daigle played well tonight too. He was the 2nd star.

Old
09-27-2003, 09:50 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Anyway... here's what I got for you in case you are interested. It's not much nor is it earth shaking but... hey I tried for you.
Thanks much!

Closed Thread