HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) III

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Runner77
#gangstA Ghetto 58

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Weird inference by Leroux there. I mean, the Habs must have already known how big Archambault was going to be. Isn't the issue more that the rest of his skillset didn't develop enough?
Archambault was selected before the current management was in place.

It's both -- he hasn't progressed and they're not willing to wait on him. And he's a redundant asset in terms of size.

Leroux is well-connected to Timmins, so it's likely more than just an inference.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
The Doors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Klesla would be more of a #4-5 than a minute eater. He only played 17:38 last yaer and has been under 20 minutes the last 4 years, I still think he could be a solid asset but at almost 3 mil cap hit he would have to come relatively cheap.
I didn't research his minutes. Good to know. I still think he would fit great here though and be the ideal off season trade. I think his cap hit is fine. Better than signing a UFA to fill the hole (Regehr is fantastic but probably a 4 x 4 contract, yeah?), since Klesla's deal expires after next season and if all goes well with JT and NB there will be two kids banging on the door for a regular spot in the lineup. Klesla is the perfect stop gap on D to help avoid the disaster we witnessed the last few weeks when a big physical stay at home D goes down before the playoffs.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:30 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

So.. Burmistrov...

Old
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
So.. Burmistrov...
Not really a fit here, I could see him ending up in a place like Buffalo.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Draft

Quote:
So.. Burmistrov...
I'd love him in Montreal. Great defensive player and has lots of offensive potential. Quite fast and creative. Give him a chance to break out on our 2nd or 3rd line next year.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Sinc 2000 Michel Therrien as coach many player that are now seeing as veteran around the league shall we take a chance with some of them?

summer is coming, a fantasy game for me (be aware)

Pascal Dupuis deserve a Prust like contract and maybe a more could we fit him on the third line?

if Prust get 2.5000 shall we give him Ryder's money 3.500 ? (3 yrs : 3.250 - 4.000 - 3.250)

Ron Hansey was a rookie in the NHL when Therrien lost is job in MTL shall we bring him in case that Emelin be more than 6 month ( don't like those 6 month suppose to be recovery news) away from a return?

is he a good top 4 to bolster our defencive depth? Some journalist have mentioned that 4.500 was too much for him shall we give him 4.000 ??

Maxime Talbot seems to be a perfet fit to our team.

Who is willing to pay Diaz + #51 (2nd round pick) for him?

Is there some rookies who can step up and play with the Club?

I'm still awaiting Leblanc ... the sure thing Tinordi seem to have earn interest and maybe a spot, what about Pateryn ??

Pacioretty Plekanec Dupuis (Gionta)

When Gionta is back:
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta

Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher

Prust Desharnais Leblanc

When Gionta is back:
Prust - Desharnais - Dupuis

Moen Talbot Armstrong

Dumont Leblanc

Markov Subban
Gorges (Emelin) Hainsey
Tinordi Bouillon
Pateryn
Pascal Dupuis is going to cost around 4 million if he even hits UFA, I persoanlly think he should take less and stay in Pittsburgh. I can see him signing a big deal this summer and not having success (if it's with another team)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Andrew Alberts is a name I don't ear. Plays big and is big. Along with PK, that could be a good duo. Would be on the cheap side.
Also, there is Alzner from the Caps, he could be interesting if the Caps wanted to move him. Big ticket but doable.

Watching him when he was in Boston and to be honest I'd rather we play our young kids then sign a guy like Alberts

Old
05-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
So.. Burmistrov...
He has the type of body that the Habs need!!!

Old
05-22-2013, 09:51 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Would be the best move possible the team needs another top four defenceman who can eat minutes since Hamrlik declined and moved on and Wizniewski went to play in Siberia. Gorges isn't ideal, he's a 4 and that's stretching it, 5 or 6 comfortably. Plays hard and dependable but doesn't do enough things in a better than average way. Klesla could be a great player here.
The big point here is that we can get better , younger and cheaper players in trade than UFA. If we pick up a quality young player that will be part of the 5 year plan, then giving up a prospect/pick is fine with me.

UFA is becoming a stupid option. Intelligent trades are the way to go.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
He has the type of body that the Habs need!!!
I thought people wanted the team bigger, not smaller?

Old
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
The big point here is that we can get better , younger and cheaper players in trade than UFA. If we pick up a quality young player that will be part of the 5 year plan, then giving up a prospect/pick is fine with me.

UFA is becoming a stupid option. Intelligent trades are the way to go.
UFA isn't supid if you don't get in crazy bidding wars like Wisniewski, Garrison, Wideman, Leino etc

You have to be smart about it, not just throw money out there because you have money to spend. UFA is better to find depth/role players than frontline players because those end up getting overpaid.

I just had a thought, wonder if we can get a pick for Ryder's right? Even if it's a 5th to 7th, still gives you a chance to pick up a low risk high reward kid that could bloom the next 2 years.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 05-22-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old
05-22-2013, 09:59 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Zero interest in Burmistrov. He could be a worthy gamble for another team, but I don't see a fit here.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
So.. Burmistrov...
Too expensive. Winnipeg isn't going to be held hostage and trade him cheaply, they will want blue-chip assets in return for him. Burmistov is talented and young, but we can't afford to give up any of our own talented and young players to switch to him. We just don't have that depth yet (nor, thankfully, a similarly disgruntled talented young player to swap).

UFA is the smart way to go. Trades are rare and nearly impossible to consummate in the modern competitive NHL environment.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Too expensive. Winnipeg isn't going to be held hostage and trade him cheaply, they will want blue-chip assets in return for him. Burmistov is talented and young, but we can't afford to give up any of our own talented and young players to switch to him. We just don't have that depth yet (nor, thankfully, a similarly disgruntled talented young player to swap).

UFA is the smart way to go. Trades are rare and nearly impossible to consummate in the modern competitive NHL environment.
Plus for a guy that's supposedly very talented, his numbers have been very underwhelming...though some were at a young age, but it's a red flag that a 21 year old's production drops and he wants to be traded.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:13 AM
bsl

Quote:
UFA isn't supid if you don't get in crazy bidding wars like Wisniewski, Garrison, Wideman, Leino etc

You have to be smart about it, not just throw money out there because you have money to spend. UFA is better to find depth/role players than frontline players because those end up getting overpaid.

I just had a thought, wonder if we can get a pick for Ryder's right? Even if it's a 5th to 7th, still gives you a chance to pick up a low risk high reward kid that could bloom the next 2 years.
Yes we can trade Ryder's rights, and we should. Probably won't get more than a 5th or 6th, but A GM should take every single opportunity available.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Zero interest in Burmistrov. He could be a worthy gamble for another team, but I don't see a fit here.
Mods got it right. I have 0% confidence in Burmistrov. He reminds me a lot like another Russian (Anisimov) except the CLS Russian is better.

UFA is a smart way to go, provided we don't keep overpaying UFAs that we sign (Cole anyone?).

Sign Pascal to a 2.5-3 million/year dollar 2-year deal (He's 34, so he's isn't going to be looking for more than 3 years) plus he'll probably sign for less to stay in PIT.

Sign Clarkson to 4 million/year 2-year deal (8 million total in case any were confused) max. No need to outbid anyone when he's not "worth" more than 4-million per year.

Wait till the 2014 UFA season where there will be a lot of good ones left after most of them who are on the list now re-sign. We'll have so much cap space. Gionta off the books, hopefully DD will be gone, Bouillon gone, Markov gets a paycut, Subban will have a raise but still, enough space left for at least 10-15 million to use I would think in FA. The following should be available that we should pursue:

Heatley (IMO is a gamble, could be worth 3-4 million/year for 2-years total)
Gaborik
Vanek (He's a 50-50 chance to re-sign i think)
Cammalleri ( we re-sign at 3-4 million/year for 2-3 years total, but he won't come. I could see him going back to LA to be honest.)
Hemsky
Bergeron (go after him like he's the hottest girl in the club, trade Pleks, he's the #1 no doubt)
Bolland (would be nice for the 4th line, but probably out of the 4th line value range [1.5 mill/year max])
Brown, Dustin

There are more, but 2014 UFA season looks quite stacked with depth, talent, and everything else.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

Depends on the kind of value he can bring back. It's not like the guy's set the NHL on fire. If we could sucker Winnipeg into a DD for Burmistrov trade, I'd do it. Guy's already a solid defensive player with good offensive upside.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Mods got it right. I have 0% confidence in Burmistrov. He reminds me a lot like another Russian (Anisimov) except the CLS Russian is better.

UFA is a smart way to go, provided we don't keep overpaying UFAs that we sign (Cole anyone?).

Sign Pascal to a 2.5-3 million/year dollar 2-year deal (He's 34, so he's isn't going to be looking for more than 3 years) plus he'll probably sign for less to stay in PIT.

Sign Clarkson to 4 million/year 2-year deal (8 million total in case any were confused) max. No need to outbid anyone when he's not "worth" more than 4-million per year.

Wait till the 2014 UFA season where there will be a lot of good ones left after most of them who are on the list now re-sign. We'll have so much cap space. Gionta off the books, hopefully DD will be gone, Bouillon gone, Markov gets a paycut, Subban will have a raise but still, enough space left for at least 10-15 million to use I would think in FA. The following should be available that we should pursue:

Heatley (IMO is a gamble, could be worth 3-4 million/year for 2-years total)
Gaborik
Vanek (He's a 50-50 chance to re-sign i think)
Cammalleri ( we re-sign at 3-4 million/year for 2-3 years total, but he won't come. I could see him going back to LA to be honest.)
Hemsky
Bergeron (go after him like he's the hottest girl in the club, trade Pleks, he's the #1 no doubt)
Bolland (would be nice for the 4th line, but probably out of the 4th line value range [1.5 mill/year max])
Brown, Dustin

There are more, but 2014 UFA season looks quite stacked with depth, talent, and everything else.
I'm sure Dupuis will want more money and more term than 2 years at 2.5-3 mil. If he is hitting the UFA market I expect something around 4 mil and 3-4 years.

Clarkson maybe more 3-4-5 years and 4-4.5 mil, maybe more if there is a bidding war.

Cole wasn't overpaid, we got a great year out of him and then were able to get Ryder and a 3rd...if he was a bad contract he wouldn't have been moveable and would ahve NOT scored 35 goals.

As far as 2014, really hard to get a read because teams have a year to re-sign UFa's, very few big names make it to market nowadays.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Draft

The biggest question is how much he would cost. Obviously none of our younger guys would be moved but if we could move aging assets or picks for him I'd definitely consider it. We don't really have any future top-6 wingers with defensive ability IMO. Gallagher is okay but Kristo, Collberg, Hudon aren't exactly defensive stalwarts. Could be a good replacement for one of Bourque, Gionta, or Plekanec in the future. We've been spoilt with some great two-way players for a long time.

However, I haven't watched Burmistrov any more than his games against the Habs. Purely based off of scouting reports, YouTube etc.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He just doesn't fit here, we're not at a stage where we can afford to stash him in the top 6 or even 9.

He's actually the kind of player I can see the Islanders getting and developing (Moulson, Grabner, Hickey, Strait, etc).

Old
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
I thought people wanted the team bigger, not smaller?
While he is on the light side... he's still young and can add to his 6'1 frame. He hits a lot... and hits pretty hard

He would actually make this team a little more physical depending on who he replaces on the roster

EDIT: He had 6 less hits than Emelin this season although Emelin did play fewer games.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:34 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
I'm sure Dupuis will want more money and more term than 2 years at 2.5-3 mil. If he is hitting the UFA market I expect something around 4 mil and 3-4 years.

Clarkson maybe more 3-4-5 years and 4-4.5 mil, maybe more if there is a bidding war.

Cole wasn't overpaid, we got a great year out of him and then were able to get Ryder and a 3rd...if he was a bad contract he wouldn't have been moveable and would ahve NOT scored 35 goals.

As far as 2014, really hard to get a read because teams have a year to re-sign UFa's, very few big names make it to market nowadays.
Dupuis is 34, if PIT signs him to a 3+ year term at 4 million, it could be a mistake for them towards the end of his career. But you never know.

Clarkson I am dreaming at a 2-year 4 million contract, so throw that out. To go at a longer term for Clarkson could be a good move, but we have Kristo/Collberg coming up within 1-3 years (Kristo more like 1-2, Collberg anywhere from 1-3) we don't necessarily have room for him after 2 years from now.

Cole was overpaid at the time of signing. Injury prone, never scored 30 goals before. But he was big, physical, could get streaky and score a lot. I never said it was a bad contract just thought he was overpaid IMO. Why else would MB move him other than the fact that he made some stupid comments about the CBA and wasn't really playing that well this year. What a move to get Ryder (aka 4.5 million off the books for the next two-years with some flexible cap space) plus a 3rd round pick in a deep draft.

Genius. Love the first year of MB's tenure.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Draft

Am I wrong in thinking Rick Dudley drafted Burmistrov during his time in Atlanta? He's got an iffy drafting record but there's a connection there.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Depends on the kind of value he can bring back. It's not like the guy's set the NHL on fire. If we could sucker Winnipeg into a DD for Burmistrov trade, I'd do it. Guy's already a solid defensive player with good offensive upside.
Well, I think it's fair to just assume you aren't going to sucker a modern NHL GM very often. If we were trading for Burmistrov, I think the starting point would be Eller or Gallagher, but Winnipeg would probably also mention the names Price, Pacioretty, Subban, and Galchenyuk, and we would promptly hang up the phone and that would be that.

He's a good player with upside and 30 NHL teams will want him, I just doubt in this situation that there's any actual trade option that Winnipeg would consider that is going to look attractive to us. DD for him, or some arrangement of our prospects, ok, that would be nice, I just don't see those as realistic possibilities, that's all. Can never hurt to at least ask the Jets what they might want, of course, but I would ask thinking I already know the answer and won't like it.

Maybe I'm over-rating him, though. It's true that he hasn't done much yet as a pro, at any level.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:44 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
I always really liked Burmistrov and thought he should have stayed in Barrie after he was drafted.

But in the case of the Habs, he's similar to Eller. There is no need for another Eller, the Habs have other holes to fill first.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Am I wrong in thinking Rick Dudley drafted Burmistrov during his time in Atlanta? He's got an iffy drafting record but there's a connection there.
Yeah, Dudley replaced Waddell just before that draft, didn't he? So he probably did draft Burmistrov. At least he'll have a strong opinion, probably.

Closed Thread