HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Delmore

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 11:51 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Delmore

How has he looked so far, is he going to make the team?

Old
09-25-2003, 11:53 AM
MLH

He'll make the team and have a singinficant impact on the powerplay. He has a good hard low slapper and he can put it on the net.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:59 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm aware of his shot (his wrister is his best shot though), that has never been his problem his problems where; he's weak physically manhandled by Kariya, doesn't see the ice well, terrible at the transition, doesn't grasp any defensive system.

Old
09-25-2003, 12:09 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL
Here he will be the 5th or 6th dman and won't see the ice time in bad situations for him. I think he will do wonders for our offense and that is all we want him for.
He has the absolute best wrist shot I've ever seen. Just a laser beam and get's it off quick too. You all will enjoy that, I know we did, just make sure that's the only time he has to be around the puck, don't ask him to carry it either, or pass it.

Old
09-25-2003, 03:25 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

I keep hearing about how terrible Delmore is at defensive play....After watching him in trainingcamp and against the Leafs I really thought he was alright...He didnt cost us big turnovers didnt let people blow by him...maybe it was just playing on crap Nashville that made him play crappier

Old
09-25-2003, 04:04 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime
I keep hearing about how terrible Delmore is at defensive play....After watching him in trainingcamp and against the Leafs I really thought he was alright...He didnt cost us big turnovers didnt let people blow by him...maybe it was just playing on crap Nashville that made him play crappier
Yeh, where did you all finish last year? Here let me help 72 points to Nashville's 74 points and don't even try to talk about injuries, maybe you were just talking about defensive styles then let's see Nashville surrendered 206 goals, Buffalo, 219. If it makes you feel better you all did score 7 more goals.

Having said that let me tell you I didn't come here to bash Buffalo, but more to talk about Delmore.

He usually starts out of the gate really strong, offensively and plays a little defense then his scoring slows and so does his defensive play by the end of the season his not scoring and is a huge liability on defense.

Old
09-25-2003, 04:14 PM
Prospect Prophet

Well he's not your problem anymore so take your concerns elsewhere!

Old
09-25-2003, 04:32 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
If it makes you feel better you all did score 7 more goals.
If we're talking about Nashville, shouldn't that be "y'all"?

I don't care how he is defensively, we got him for the powerplay.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Yeh, where did you all finish last year? Here let me help 72 points to Nashville's 74 points and don't even try to talk about injuries, maybe you were just talking about defensive styles then let's see Nashville surrendered 206 goals, Buffalo, 219. If it makes you feel better you all did score 7 more goals.

Having said that let me tell you I didn't come here to bash Buffalo, but more to talk about Delmore.

He usually starts out of the gate really strong, offensively and plays a little defense then his scoring slows and so does his defensive play by the end of the season his not scoring and is a huge liability on defense.

I don't really think you should be throwing a 2 point advantage in our faces when the higher total is 74, but that's just my opinion. As for the goals against, I would say if you were to subtract the insanely stupid soft goals that Biron gave up last year you'd be looking at pretty even numbers. Stable goaltending, a luxury Nashville had that Buffalo didn't; you win that one. But that's neither here nor there.

As for Delmore, I asked this when he was first traded and I remember being told that he spent most of his even strength time paired with Mark Eaton (though I could be mistaken). If I'm not, and Delmore's partner is the odds-on favorite Jay McKee, well I think McKee > Eaton even after the last couple of years. Even if he ends up with Patrick, Fitzpatrick or Tallinder I think you've got at least a minimal upgrade over what he was playing with last year which hopefully will contribute to better defensive play.

Now personally I think one of two things is going to happen. Either Any Elmore (a nickname that I think is hilarious, btw) is going have roughly the same kind of season he's had in Nashville with maybe minimal +/- improvement or Ruff is going to work one of his "Geoff Sanderson Specials" and turn Delmore into a reasonable even-ish defenseman that scores about 20 points (and I wouldn't discount the latter, either). Either way, I'll take him at this price.

and eSabre, from what I'm told it actually should be "all y'all" (who knew?)

Closed Thread