HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Kyle Beach?

Old
05-16-2013, 08:31 AM
acfurino

vCash: 500
Kyle Beach?

Whatsup Hawks fans,

I've had Kyle Beach on my fantasy hockey keeper team and im hoping u guys can give me information and your opinions about him...

1) How did he play and how did he look this year?

2) Whats his future/potential? Also estimated time of arrival in NHL?

Info and your opinions will b greatly appreciated...

-Tony

acfurino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:41 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
He's a bust. He'll never see time here, IMO.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:44 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I don't know, still like him as an enforcer.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
He has no future with the Hawks it seems.....

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 09:07 AM
HawksTillDeath

drop him immediately.. pick up danault / teuvu if you want a hawk

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 10:26 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

If he has a future, it won't be in Chicago.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

drop him and I refuse to use the b word

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh_so_saad

he had promise in the WHL. I live about 5 minutes from everett where he played so i watched alot of him and was super pumped for him to get draafted by the blackhawks. He was quite a difference maker in the WHL as he could score and play physical very well.

unfortunately as mentioned above i dont think he doesnt have any place on this team. I dont think he will end up ever amounting to what the blackhawks had in mind with him. I believe he is bust and we should try and trade him for a pick if possible in this years draft

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I don't know, still like him as an enforcer.
Whats he going to enforce? He's an awful fighter when he's not beating up 16 year olds or skill players.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Sevanston

A combination of lacking consistency and opportunity.

The only year he was consistently good in the pros was the year he got injured, so he missed his best opportunity. He was supposed to prove that consistency again, and he's failed to do so.

Even if he has a future in the NHL as a banger, it's not going to be with the Hawks.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Hawkaholic

I think he will get an opportunity if he picks his play and attitude up in the A..but that doesnt sound very promising at this point. He's 23 now, most players have established themselves at a pro level by now if they were ever going to amount to anything.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:18 PM
unbridledid

I have heard nothing about his having a bad attitude as of late (really since the restaurant incident with Aliu). Last year when he was out he coached a local kids hockey team. Heard him as a guest on a hogs radio show and he praised his team. He stayed in Chicago last summer training with some fellow Hogs.

Once you get a bad rep it follows you, but I believe Beach has turned the corner in that respect and certainly isn't an Aliu.

His ELC is up and I believe he could be signed on the cheap and put on the 4th line as a crasher and banger. He played on the 3rd line in Rockford...and he certainly wasn't receiving any passes from Pirri.

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 06:32 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
I have heard nothing about his having a bad attitude as of late (really since the restaurant incident with Aliu). Last year when he was out he coached a local kids hockey team. Heard him as a guest on a hogs radio show and he praised his team. He stayed in Chicago last summer training with some fellow Hogs.

Once you get a bad rep it follows you, but I believe Beach has turned the corner in that respect and certainly isn't an Aliu.

His ELC is up and I believe he could be signed on the cheap and put on the 4th line as a crasher and banger. He played on the 3rd line in Rockford...and he certainly wasn't receiving any passes from Pirri.
I don't know about that I have seen even his teammates role their eyes at him on the bench a couple of times in game. He is responsible for the last three bench clearing brawls in the AHL. Guy will provide tons of penalty minutes in terms of fantasy if he makes the show, but he is by no means a heavy and generally does some spot picking when fighting. He skates and has hands, but his hockey IQ leaves a lot to be desired when you watch him play.

Rockford was a fun team to watch this year, but Beach's time in the Hawks organization has likely run its course. He needs to commit to consistently bringing his talent out and leave some of the garbage out of his game. If he does that he can be a good depth guy that is hard to play against, but that remains a really big if. Given what else the Hawks have cannot see him being anywhere near the Hawks plans moving forward.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 07:28 PM
LandofLincoln

Beach

I still think it is to early to call him a complete bust. He has had injuries in the AHL and this year he had modestly good numbers. Good numbers considering he rarely gets top six minutes in Rockford.

He is a bust of a 1st round pick. Maybe his current value is a 5th round pick or even less.

As far as potential. I think he needs one more year in the AHL. I don't see him on the Chicago roster next year. I think he is on the last year of his ELC and I'm hoping we give him a one year two-way contract when the ELC expires.

This sounds crazy but I'm about 90% sure he plays in the NHL an entire season in 2014-15, and I think he can be a third line player that scores 15G a season. I think that he can still do that. I see him being a guy that can score 30PTS a season. I honestly like his shot. He can't fight very good, but he has size and is a better than average hitter.

I think he has a very good chance of being an every day player in the NHL around the 2014-15 season. I think it could even be next year that he is ready. I don't think he fits into Chicago's third or fourth line.
I think Chicago parts ways with K. Beach before he gets an every day playing opportunity in Chicago. He clearly would be good value and a decent risk for teams with a below .500 record.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Tommy Hawk

As mentioned before, he still has the attitude issue, it never went away, kinda like Sean Avery.

Beach will maybe be signed to an AHL deal somewhere but I seriously doubt that he will be signed by any NHL team this off-season. This isn't about reputation, its about he is 23 behaving like a spoiled 14 year old and not many teams want players with attitude issues.

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post

Should have been out East skating w/Paul Vincent, unfortunately chose not to.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
He is a complete bust who likely wont be re-signed by Hawks IMO

He is a below average bottom 6 AHL'er ,, People talking about him being on Hawks roster as a 4th liner are really reaching

Guy's only chance is if Tallon picks him up and gives him an NHL career out of nothing (Ala Jack Skille)

We all know Jack would not be in NHL if he wasn't playing for Dale

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he is not a below average AHL bottom 6 player. That takes it too far

Old
05-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
he is not a below average AHL bottom 6 player. That takes it too far
He has not shown he is a solid 3rd or 4th liner in the nhl either

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

who talks about NHL?

Beach is a solid AHL Bottom6 player as of now

Old
05-20-2013, 08:13 AM
hockeydoug

Too many gms with "toughness" fetishes to just dump him on the street. He may have value to swap prospects down the road, maybe a gamble on a good skater or a "project" type prospect. As bad as he is, he still looks like he has value in a number of systems. Keep him for another year, I don't think he'll be clogging up the contract limit.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 01:49 PM
icekoob

Kyle Bust?

icekoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:33 PM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He is a complete bust who likely wont be re-signed by Hawks IMO

He is a below average bottom 6 AHL'er ,, People talking about him being on Hawks roster as a 4th liner are really reaching

Guy's only chance is if Tallon picks him up and gives him an NHL career out of nothing (Ala Jack Skille)

We all know Jack would not be in NHL if he wasn't playing for Dale
Nailed it

99 steps is online now   Reply With Quote