HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pleased to meet you

Old
07-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
Check the OP. Do you really think my parents named me Pass art by Brassard? Would be cool though
It could just be a really contemporary name.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Check the OP. Do you really think my parents named me Pass art by Brassard? Would be cool though
No, your parents names you Amazing Kreiderman and you legally changed it to Pass Art Brassard as an act of rebellion.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Blue Blooded

Name:
Axel

Where are you from:
Born in Gothenburg, have been living in Stockholm since I was 1 year old.

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Was "one of my favourite teams" since NHLPA 93, became my #1 team in the NHL after the 2004 lockout, started following the team for real for the 2009-2010 season when I also began lurking around here.

First Rangers match you attended:
Haven't been to a Rangers game as of yet. Missed the opportunity when they were in Stockholm, but they sucked in those games anyway...

Favorite Ranger:
Henrik Lundqvist.

Best Ranger moment:
The playoffs have a nasty habit of colliding with exams, so I've missed some tense games like 3OT vs the Caps. The Winter Classic 2012 was probably one of the best, the comeback and Hank's SO save in the dying seconds. We were a few friends that went up to Örnsköldsvik to visit a friend who threw a huge NYE party, so I got to watch a Ranger game with friends which doesn't happen very often. We warmed up for the game by watching all four 24/7 episodes in a row but then had to stream the game because the channel that was supposed to carry the game dropped it when the game was delayed for 2 hours.

Former Rangers you miss:
Fleury and Lindros were my favourite players growing up, so I loved them coming to the Rangers even if they weren't very successful. Active players no longer on the Rangers: Dubinsky, Anisimov, Prust, Gaborik. I agree with all of the moves that made us lose those players, but I still miss them.

Any non-Rangers you like:
Alex Steen, Taylor Hall, Viktor Fasth, Erik Karlsson, Patrice Bergeron.

Any other sports:
Formula 1. I used to be a huge football (its called soccer in the colonies IIRC) fan, but the interest suddenly cooled off and first F1 and then hockey have taken its place.

How did you find HF Boards:
Googling "NHL forum" or something like that IIRC.

How do you watch Rangers games:
Alone in the middle of the night. Your sleep suffers, but watching sports in the middle of the night adds something extra. It is actually less special for me when the games are on at reasonable hours for us Europeans.

Last edited by Blue Blooded: 07-14-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

It's so weird how there are so many Swedes into Henrik Lundqvist. What's up with that?

Old
07-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
It's so weird how there are so many Swedes into Henrik Lundqvist. What's up with that?
You go by two different names IRL, what is up with that?

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Name:
Jason

Where are you from:
Rochester, Minnesota

How old:

Rangers fan since:
2003-4. That was the first year I lived in NYC, I needed some hockey to watch. And as a freshman for Columbia's team, I didn't get much playing time.

A Rangers/Flyers game on a school trip. The Yankees game, our original destination, had been rained out.

Favorite Rangers:
Callahan, McDonagh, Stepan, Kreider, and most nights Del Zotto.

Best Ranger moment:
Stepan's hat trick, Richards game 5 tying goal

Former Rangers you miss:
Anisimov, Gaborik, Jagr

Parise, Zucker, Bjugstad, Neal, P. Kane

Any other sports:
I played lacrosse and baseball in high school, but then I just decided to focus on hockey since that's what I liked best.

Puck Daddy's HF proposal of the day.

Maybe 15 a year at bars, 20 in person and the rest on TV.

Favorite HFers:
-31-. He cracks me up.

Favorite band/artist:
Breathe Carolina, All Time Low, I listen to some other stuff too. And in the car I listen to top 40 stations.

Favorite TV Show:
The Walking Dead, Under the Dome, House

Favorite movie:
I Am Legend

Last edited by Kris Chreider: 07-14-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 07:40 PM
PavelBure9

Name:
David

Where are you from:
Douglaston, New York

How old:

Rangers fan since:

A Rangers/Capitals in 2001. I remember score of 5-2 with Zdeno Cigar scoring 2 goals.

Favorite Rangers:
Callahan, McDonagh, Moore, Stepan

Best Ranger moment:
Jagrs 52nd goal, Callahan scoring the winner in 2011 against the Pens in that ref-crapped game

Former Rangers you miss:
Dubinsky, Jagr

Kane, Elias, Tavares

Looked around for hockey sites and found it.

About 80 games on TV, and about 2 games in person.

Favorite HFers:
RangerBoy. Guy knows his ****

Favorite band/artist:
Eminem, System of a Down, Deep Purple

Favorite TV Show:
Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Favorite movie:
Ted

PavelBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Name:
Killem Bartholomew Dafoe

Where are you from:
New Jersey

How old:

Rangers fan since:

1994 Game 2 ECF

Favorite Rangers:
All of them.

Best Ranger moment:
All of them.

Former Rangers you miss:
Jagr, Graves, Messier, Leetch, Tikkanen, Bure, Harvey, Gartner, Amonte, Dubinsky

Lucic

Any other sports:
No

I have absolutely no idea. Probably by accident.

TV, Stream, or really good binoculars depending on where I am.

Favorite band/artist:
Too many to list. Circa Survive, PM Today, Envy On The Coast, My Morning Jacket, to name a fewsy.

Favorite TV Show:
The Sopranos

Favorite movie:
Fight Club, Snatch, Inglorious Basterds, Gummo

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 08:53 PM
1994sec311

Name:
1994sec311

Where are you from:
Brooklyn

How old:

Rangers fan since:
1989. My father introduced me to hockey. He's from LI, and got into hockey when stationed in the Dakotas--going to college hockey on Friday evenings was the biggest show in town there. He took me to a Rangers-Bruins game when I was 6. I loved it so much he went out and bought season tickets behind my Mom's back--best move ever! We've had tickets since.

1989 or 1990. Rangers Bruins. In my mind the Rangers won 6-4, but I can't find any record of a game ending like that in the 89-90 season. So maybe my memory has failed me on the score.

Favorite Ranger:
Leetch, Kovalev, Boyle, McDonagh.

Best Ranger moment:
'94 ECF game 7. As pre-94 Rangers fans, we all knew enough to expect that when the Rangers were at the end of a game trying to hold a lead, that the red light would go off signalling a goal for the opposing team. Sure enough, as we all know, that happened with 7.7 seconds left. I remember the tension throughout the arena throughout those OTs. There was an atmosphere at the Garden then that there just isn't now. Everyone around us real fans ,mostly blue collar guys. That the Garden stopped selling concessions after regulation heightened the sense of being hunkered down in a bunker together--nothing to eat, nothing to drink. On the line to urinals before one of the OTs, I remember one guy shouting in a booming blue seats voice: "We're going to be pissing here on Tuesday (the start of the SCF)!" Then, sure enough, Matteau Matteau Matteau. It was such a mundane play that I kind of saw it and kind of didn't. But then the red light goes off and I exploded jumping up and down on my seat. And then of course the glitter of the Stanley Cup when it was brought on the ice after the SCF. Was so lucky to get to have those memories with my Dad.

Former Rangers you miss:
My favorite Rangers.

I enjoy watching puck-moving defencemen, and just class act guys like Toews, Scrivens, and others.

Any other sports:
No!

Dad and I went to watch the NYR early season road-trip in 11-12. In Calgary met a Rangers fan originally from Newfoundland (the real "Rock"!) who was excited to see "Native" NYR fans, and said he posted on HFBoards all the time. So I checked it out.

Either at MSG, or through GameCtr. Currently living in Philadelphia. Too bad Feds had to leave just when I arrived!

1994sec311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

I skimmed the entire first page and thought that at 33 I was the oldest guy on here... thank god for page 2.

Name:
Thordic aka Brian

Where are you from:
North Jersey. Born & raised in Cedar Grove, live in Kearny at the moment.

How old:

Rangers fan since:
91-92. Was a Devils fan as a little kid, but ended up going to school with one of the Devils players kids. We didn't get along, so I switched teams. It helped that the Rangers were great at the time, and the Devils stunk. Also my dad is from the City and is a huge Rangers fan.

Honestly can't remember, probably a Devils-Rangers game at Brendan Byrne back in the 80s though.

Favorite Ranger:
Staal or McD.

Best Ranger moment:
94 still wins.

Former Rangers you miss:
Leetch, Gartner, Jagr, AA

Tavares, Mike Richards, Lucic.

Any other sports:
Football (Giants), soccer (Forza Azzurri!)

Came here from the old NYR official BB when it went down the tubes.

On my couch

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Quote:
Hey guys, I was just thinking of something that might be fun to do. We all share our joy and pain when the Rangers play and maybe it's fun to get to know each other a big more. Nothing to personal of course, but trivial things like favorite Rangers moment and what other sports you follow.

I will start:

Name:
Pass art by Brassard (formerly known as Amazing Kreiderman and Ezequiel)

Where are you from:
The Hague, Netherlands. Born and raised.

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Early 90's. My uncle brought me a SNES game from the US back in February 1994: Brett Hull Hockey. I started playing and my first game, the CPU at random picked the Rangers. The game was awesome, I started following the Rangers and never changed. The Stanley Cup play-offs were shown on tv here in Holland, on Eurosport I think, but it could be a different sports channel. I watched many games and the Rangers won the cup only months after I got that game. Despite being only 9 years old, I can remember it very vividly.

Not yet unfortunately. I am however, saving up to go next year February or March.

Favorite Ranger:
Well, Brian Leetch was my very first Ranger favorite. After that, I've had a bunch of guys I followed with more interest. Petr Nedved, Alex Kovalev and Pavel Bure being others. In recent years, Artem Anisimov and Mats Zuccarello. This season Brassard really stole my heart. What a passing legend!

Best Ranger moment:
Most would probably say the winning of the Stanley Cup and that is a very special moment. Those who were not old enough to remember, I hope it happens soon. Apart from winning the Cup, the 2012 season is quite special. Topping the conference with the stacked Penguins in the same division was wonderful. Unfortunately, we were not able to finish the season with the Cup, but that season will always be high on my list.

Former Rangers you miss:
There's not really that many former Rangers I would like to see back in the blue, but Lauri Korpikoski is definitely one of them. Not only was he a very talented player. We traded him for Enver Lisin! Artem Anisimov is another one I miss. He was part of the Nash-deal, so I am happy with the trade but seeing Arty go did hurt.

Hate to say it, but John Tavares is my favorite non-Ranger in the NHL. The guy is classy, has skill and never gives up. Isles have a real talent with him on the team.

Any other sports:
Here goes! In the NFL, I support the Seattle Seahawks. This comes from a friend of mine who has been supporting them for years after living in Seattle. In football (soccer) I support my local team Ajax Amsterdam and the national team of Uruguay. This comes from the fact my mom is Uruguayan. I also follow rugby. I lived in South Africa for several years and the Natal Sharks from Durban are my team. I am not that into Basketball and Baseball.

Actually, I was looking for a place to talk and especially learn more about the NHL. After trying several websites, HF Boards had something none of the others had. A wide group of members, professional lay-out and activity in every section. When I say Game Day Threads having over 1000 posts, I knew this was a good place to stay.

I have many friends, but none who really support the Rangers. I hardly know any guys in Holland who follow the NHL. More the NFL or NBA. Watching the Rangers for me, comes down to either turning on a stream or watching ESPN (when they eventually show the Rangers once a month). Because it's usually night time (6-hour time difference between NYC and Holland) it's difficult but not impossible. My wive sometimes taunts me by saying that I spend more time watching the Rangers than talking to her. Oh well, she understands and she is very lovely. During game 7 against the Caps, I had woken her up 3 times by cheering so loud, she decided to stay up and watch the game with me. She was very impressed by Zucc's deke (the 5-0).

When I do watch games with friends, it's usually them who the game watch with me. But in exchange, I have to cheer for the Indiana Pacers the next day or support the Chicago Bears.

I have to say, watching the game with the GDT open, makes it really fun. For guys like me in Europe, it gives it that extra dimension of being among fans while being on the other side of the world. I am sure the other Euro's can agree on that.

I hope you enjoyed the read and I hope some of you guys take the time to answer the questions yourself.
I Usually do these every year in August and add in some more random stuff. Also people usually come up with new categories. Always a lot of fun.

07-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

At least we don't have to go in awkward mode and mention our height, weight, eye and hair color. Freaking weird lol

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
At least we don't have to go in awkward mode and mention our height, weight, eye and hair color. Freaking weird lol
5'10, 65 kg, green eyes, black hair.

Since you asked

07-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Quote:
5'10, 65 kg, green eyes, black hair.

Since you asked
American units, please?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
American units, please?
143 apparently.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:17 PM
NYR1967

Screen Name
IHeartMattCooke (Formerly NYR1967 - I lost a bet with Zenith)

Real Name
Mark

Where are you from:
Brooklyn, N.Y. now living in Nashville, TN.

How old:
45 - Old enough to have fathered most of the people who have replied in this thread (no, I'm not happy about/proud of it).

Rangers fan since:

1978-79 season home vs. the Leafs. Rangers won!

Favorite Ranger:
Adam Graves, no contest. Distant seconds would be Brian Leetch, Ron Greschner, John Davidson, Walt Tkaczuk, Tony Amonte, Dave Maloney, Anders Hedberg, Ryan Callahan, Ryan McDonagh.

Best Ranger moment:
The '93-'94 playoffs, though I still contend we could have gone all the way without trading away Amonte, Weight and Gartner.

Former Rangers you miss:
Despite his being overpaid for his skill set, I really do miss Dubi. I miss Anisimov as well, I miss Prucha's **** eating grin every time he was on he ice, and while I can't really say I miss them since they didn't play on the big club all that much, this team could certainly benefit from having Korpikoski and Parenteau in the lineup.

Martin St. Louis - amazing player and super classy.

Any other sports:
Hockey is the only "sport" - anything else is a "game"

I needed a new website to go to after TheHockeyRodent said goodbye forever after the last lockout. I'm pretty sure I linked here from a post in that website's message board.

I live in Nashville and travel a great deal for work, so Center Ice isn't really worth getting, as I'm not home 75% of the time. Usually I stream the games if I'm in Nashville, and if I'm in New York visiting family and friends, I go to as many home games as I can while there - I buy the tix and my friends buy the beer.

Favorite TV Show
Game of Thrones

Favorite Musical Artists
The Hold Steady, The Replacements, The Clash, Prince, Elvis Costello

Favorite Movies
The Big Lebowski, My Life as a Dog, Fargo

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Anybody else on here work for the Rangers, besides my son?

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:09 PM
ak10r

Well I call oldest so far. I’ll be 49 in November…… Ranger fan for about 5 years now. Favorite Ranger was Voros because I met him several times when he was in school up here and was a great guy. I miss Arty, Dubi, Feds and Orr the most. I suspect I’ll miss Gabby a lot more when it sinks in next year. I also got to see Chad Johnson play his college hockey up here…..

Non Rangers I like? The whole Philly ream 2011-12 when they beat the Pens in the playoffs. Thank you Thank you Thank you…….

Hate the most? Crosby, I hate that sorry POS that if here came to the Rangers I’d quit watching. At least for a couple of games…….

I watch about every game on Center Ice or NBC Sports.

ak10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:19 PM
NYR2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Anybody else on here work for the Rangers, besides my son?
Rangerboy im convinced

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
I feel positively ancient at 43...
Thank God there's someone (a little) older than me.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
You go by two different names IRL, what is up with that?
It's a deeply personal issue. I don't like bringing it up on the internet.

( )

Last edited by Cresto: 07-15-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old
07-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Thank God there's someone (a little) older than me.
What are you doing outside of the prospects thread?!

Old
07-15-2013, 10:50 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I'm (way) older than everyone who has declared to date. But the only way I do this is if Ranger Boy does it.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
24 / M / NJ.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:56 PM
district9

I'm pretty sure there's a user in at least his 60's, maybe even early 70's, so the "old guys" in their 40's gotta stand down haha

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote