Notices

Claude Julien: The Sequel

Old
06-07-2013, 02:41 PM
bp13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Not all things are equal. TT's performance was reason number 1 the Bruins won. A few other coaches would have likely won with this team,and the other team would have won with TT,but Claude would have lost with Luongo.
Noting that a coach would have lost with a goalie who was a complete sieve in every road game is making what point exactly?

Is there anybody who would argue that switching goalies in that series would have produced a different result? And what exactly does that have to do with Julien?

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:03 PM
BNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Noting that a coach would have lost with a goalie who was a complete sieve in every road game is making what point exactly?

Is there anybody who would argue that switching goalies in that series would have produced a different result? And what exactly does that have to do with Julien?
What if you switched coaches? The point is that a few coaches would have won with the Bruins but only 1 goalie. This is a recording.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:13 PM
deliciouspie
the best post

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
how do you know, exactly, that jonathan quick doesn't win with the bruins, or lundquist, or <insert generally good goalie here>

hell, they may have had a better playoffs than thomas on this team on that year

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:25 PM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
What if you switched coaches? The point is that a few coaches would have won with the Bruins but only 1 goalie. This is a recording.
It's about as annoying as a recording too.

Should we play the what if we switch the goalies games every year? What if NJ gets Quick and LA gets Brodeur last year? You think Sutter wins that series anyway? Hell no. So does that take away from what he accomplished as a coach?

And what of the fact that Vancouver rode a 24.4% power play to the Cup Finals then went 2 for 35 against the Bruins? Are you suggesting it was Tim Thomas alone who cut their shot total per power play in half and their percentage from 24.4 to 5.7%? You think maybe coaching had something to do with that? That team's power play was it's biggest weapon and the Bruins PK neutered it. The head coach gets no credit for that?

Pointing out that a good head coach needs top notch players to succeed is as obvious as it gets. So obvious as to render it meaningless.

bp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:32 PM
BNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
It's about as annoying as a recording too.

Should we play the what if we switch the goalies games every year? What if NJ gets Quick and LA gets Brodeur last year? You think Sutter wins that series anyway? Hell no. So does that take away from what he accomplished as a coach?

And what of the fact that Vancouver rode a 24.4% power play to the Cup Finals then went 2 for 35 against the Bruins? Are you suggesting it was Tim Thomas alone who cut their shot total per power play in half and their percentage from 24.4 to 5.7%? You think maybe coaching had something to do with that? That team's power play was it's biggest weapon and the Bruins PK neutered it. The head coach gets no credit for that?

Pointing out that a good head coach needs top notch players to succeed is as obvious as it gets. So obvious as to render it meaningless.
Thank you for having responded.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Don't know if its been mentioned, but what did people think about Jagr being on the ice at the end (of a 1-0 playoff game) last night?

Could be argued a dumb move with so many more capable defensive forwards available.

Could also be argued Julien was taking a risk in hopes of getting Jagr off the goal- shnid with an empty netter. Build some confidence for the Finals.

Could also be a little reward for Jagr buying into the system and letting him know the coach has that much confidence in him.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:40 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

This thread still exists? Man I dunno...

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:47 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
This thread still exists? Man I dunno...
Totally legit, sure the B`s just swept the Pens but please...it took a double overtime game and a 1-0 score in an elimination to do it, clearly Julien has lost the room, Tortorella/Keenan/Hitchcock/Laviolette, just to name a few names that have been tossed around as Julien "replacements" during the many "fire Claude" threads would have had this team winning each game 5-0

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:48 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Don't know if its been mentioned, but what did people think about Jagr being on the ice at the end (of a 1-0 playoff game) last night?

Could be argued a dumb move with so many more capable defensive forwards available.

Could also be argued Julien was taking a risk in hopes of getting Jagr off the goal- shnid with an empty netter. Build some confidence for the Finals.

Could also be a little reward for Jagr buying into the system and letting him know the coach has that much confidence in him.
Big body, huge reach and CJ with a ring and a seemingly solid handle on what stirs the Bruins drink....I`m ok with it

Word on the street is that Jagr still at the TD doing wind sprints

Old
06-08-2013, 07:49 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

IF Claude wins his second cup in 3 years, and essentially did it by beating the Canucks, Pens and Hawks monsters each year, then I propose that anyone who says "fire claude" seriously gets a 10 day ban.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Big body, huge reach and CJ with a ring and a seemingly solid handle on what stirs the Bruins drink....I`m ok with it

Word on the street is that Jagr still at the TD doing wind sprints
So if the same situation comes up in game 1 of the finals, do you think Jagr will be out there?

Old
06-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
IF Claude wins his second cup in 3 years, and essentially did it by beating the Canucks, Pens and Hawks monsters each year, then I propose that anyone who says "fire claude" seriously gets a 10 day ban.
And still, it will happen.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:57 AM
BNHL

Quote:
And anyone who says Rask doesn't deserve a huge raise should have his double runners taken away.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:59 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
So if the same situation comes up in game 1 of the finals, do you think Jagr will be out there?
Game 1??? Maybe, I`m not sure the context DB, there`s often so much that goes into who`s on, who`s not, the puck in the B`s end much of that last minute, and Jagr plays the right side which is miles from the B`s bench, maybe couldn`t get off either??

He wouldn`t be my first defensive choice and something tells me he wasn`t/isn`t CJ`s, that last minute was such a blur, I can barely recall if there was even a whistle that would have allowed CJ to get him off the ice??

Old
06-08-2013, 08:00 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
And still, it will happen.
Agreed, probably during the finals

Old
06-08-2013, 08:08 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:

Here is my feeling on this, because i was quite shocked to see Jagr out there. I think Jagr has done an amazing job of turning his play around to be more defensive responsible and by doing this the team and the coach is rewarding him in key offensive situations. I think claude has used Jagr in the last minute of play during an empty net maybe ONCE since he became a bruin, and i think they had a 2 goal lead. So i think Claude really has seen a change in Jagr's defensive game.

And also, Crosby cross checked Jagr about a minute earlier right in front of the benches. That was one of my favorite moments of the series. Crosby frustrated as hell, sees an ancient and decrepit Jagr slowly floating to the bench right in front of Crosby. What was going through Crosby's head, with 2 minutes left to go in the game, losing to the Bruins 3 to nothing in the series, and knowing that Jagr holds all the records between yourself and your father figure, Mario Lemeiux. Out of frustration Crosby gives him a cross check as Jagr raises his arm to signal the end of his shift and BOOM goes the dynamite.

So i think Jagr and the bench was fired up about that play and since Jagr has been okay in the defensive zone they sent him out there. I'm just glad they didn't even it up.

As for should he be out there in future situations like this? I would have to say absolutely not :-D

Last edited by jagrgodr: 06-08-2013 at 08:18 AM.
jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Game 1??? Maybe, I`m not sure the context DB, there`s often so much that goes into who`s on, who`s not, the puck in the B`s end much of that last minute, and Jagr plays the right side which is miles from the B`s bench, maybe couldn`t get off either??

He wouldn`t be my first defensive choice and something tells me he wasn`t/isn`t CJ`s, that last minute was such a blur, I can barely recall if there was even a whistle that would have allowed CJ to get him off the ice??
I don't think we'll see him out in that situation again, but I really thought it was cool that he was out there last night.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Agreed, probably during the finals
lol!

I didn't even consider that, but you're probably right!

Old
06-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Here is my feeling on this, because i was quite shocked to see Jagr out there. I think Jagr has done an amazing job of turning his play around to be more defensive responsible and by doing this the team and the coach is rewarding him in key offensive situations. I think claude has used Jagr in the last minute of play during an empty net maybe ONCE since he became a boston, and i think they had a 2 goal lead. So i think Claude really has seen a chance in Jagr's defensive game.

And also, Crosby cross checked Jagr about a minute earlier right in front of the benches. That was one of my favorite moments of the series. Crosby frustrated as hell, sees an ancient and decrepit Jagr slowly floating to the bench right in front of Crosby. What was going through Crosby's head, with 2 minutes left to go in the game, losing to the Bruins 3 to nothing in the series, and knowing that Jagr holds all the records between yourself and your father figure, Mario Lemeiux. Out of frustration Crosby gives him a cross check as Jagr raises his arm to signal the end of his shift and BOOM goes the dynamite.

So i think Jagr and the bench was fired up about that play and since Jagr has been okay in the defensive zone they sent him out there. I'm just glad they didn't even it up.

As for should he be out there in future situations like this? I would have to say absolutely not :-D
Agreed.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:13 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
lol!

I didn't even consider that, but you're probably right!
Pre-Game 1 HF Quotes

"Julien has to make better in game adjustments"

"Soderberg has to be out there"

"Julien is ruining Krug"

"Julien has, yet again, lost the room"

"Claude hates offense"

Old
06-08-2013, 08:14 AM
C77

Game of inches....one bounce in the Toronto series and you might be looking at a new coach considering the Bruins play in March up to the Rangers series of this year.

And I'm as happy as anyone to have been wrong about the coaching/players situation. I thought the players didn't want to play the same system anymore and after their performance in a lot of games this season it wasn't really a stretch.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Pre-Game 1 HF Quotes

"Julien has to make better in game adjustments"

"Soderberg has to be out there"

"Julien is ruining Krug"

"Julien has, yet again, lost the room"

"Claude hates offense"

Gotta get Ference out of there.

Kelly shouldn't dress.

Why's Chara on the power play?

He's ruining Rask.

Boychuk's still not worth the money.

Why is Pandolfo in the building?

Old
06-08-2013, 08:25 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Gotta get Ference out of there.

Kelly shouldn't dress.

Why's Chara on the power play?

He's ruining Rask.

Boychuk's still not worth the money.

Why is Pandolfo in the building?
would have added them too, but my fingers getting sore

Old
06-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Shaun
best poster alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Mike Milbury*

*Bruins are 2-0 in close out games when I write this in Clode threads.
Bruins are now 3-0

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:12 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Someone mentioned this on the main board and it's something I NEVER realized

in the 4 times that the Bruins have been eliminated from the playoffs since Claude took over the coaching job in the 07-08 season.. every time it took 7 games to knock them out.

2008 EQF: Montreal Game 7
2009 ESF: Carolina Game 7
2010 ESF: Philadelphia Game 7
2012 EQF: Washington Game 7

On one hand you could argue that the Bruins aren't great in game 7s (I think the actual stat is 50/50 actually).. but on the other you can argue that they don't roll over and die. Although 2010 was exactly that happening, lol.

Not a huge sample size there but still very interesting. Bodes well for the Cup finals in terms of putting themselves in a position to win again

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote