Old
05-19-2013, 12:23 PM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
You miss the point.

Because the Bruins are clearly the most gifted offensive team in the league, Julien has kept them from leading the league in goals every year.
/sarcasm.

Just thought I'd help out a little.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 01:32 PM
missingchicklet

Julien has a playoff record with the Bs of 36-27, with a Stanley Cup. He has never been even remotely close to having a losing regular season with the Bruins. The Bs have had over 100 points in 3 of his 5 regular full seasons here, with the other 2 full seasons being over 90 points. He has also finished in first place in the division in 3 of the 5 regular full seasons, and 2nd in the shortened season. Laughable that there is any discussion whatsoever about his staying on as coach of the Bs.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:34 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
If I am Claude and redden or Seindeberg are ready I sit Krug and then Hamilton. New York will be desperate and that place will be racuous.

This may not go over well but I'd go with Redden here over the 5th Beatle Krug. Love Torey, but Redden has been in more all star games than Torey games in the NHL so let him face the wolves at least in game 3,

Seindenberg for Dougie is logical.

btw- I'm not sure who I have a bigger man crush on Callahan or Bergeron.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
If I am Claude and redden or Seindeberg are ready I sit Krug and then Hamilton. New York will be desperate and that place will be racuous.

This may not go over well but I'd go with Redden here over the 5th Beatle Krug. Love Torey, but Redden has been in more all star games than Torey games in the NHL so let him face the wolves at least in game 3,

Even after Callahan flopped like a fish all game?

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
/sarcasm.

Just thought I'd help out a little.
Thanks.

I'm a minimalist.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:38 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:

I think u gotta run that Krug train till it derails. Extra rest can only help the veterans.

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 05:39 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvelertak View Post
Even after Callahan flopped like a fish all game?
I like fish- and this sucker can play for my team anytime. Fantastic player

Old
05-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
I like fish- and this sucker can play for my team anytime. Fantastic player
Your right about that.

But you'll have to fight Pierre over him.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:51 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Your right about that.

But you'll have to fight Pierre over him.
I agree but my man crushes are limited, Pierre has many. My number one complaint with Pierre today was the Boyle hit on Chara. Ok, Chara went down (he did look his age today) but the Leafs did that atleast a couple of times a game.

Torts needs to realize life is short, stop taking yourself so freaking serious- what is wrong with him. He played at Salem State and U Maine with very good friends of mine, who are some of his best friends to this day- especially the U Maine guy. They all love him away from the rink, but damn it Torts treat people with respect and can the tough guy act- there is always someone tougher. When Adam Oates is pissed at you, the nicest freaking person put on the planet you really should start changing how you do things.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
I agree but my man crushes are limited, Pierre has many. My number one complaint with Pierre today was the Boyle hit on Chara. Ok, Chara went down (he did look his age today) but the Leafs did that atleast a couple of times a game.

Torts needs to realize life is short, stop taking yourself so freaking serious- what is wrong with him. He played at Salem State and U Maine with very good friends of mine, who are some of his best friends to this day- especially the U Maine guy. They all love him away from the rink, but damn it Torts treat people with respect and can the tough guy act- there is always someone tougher. When Adam Oates is pissed at you, the nicest freaking person put on the planet you really should start changing how you do things.
Yep, he's a hockey ho.

Old
05-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Neely08

Ok, Coach Julien. I'll eat my crow. Changed the lines. Letting our rookie puck movers play their game.

Seguin's looking better, even flattened someone today. Marchand looking way better. Aside the defensive lapses, but he isn't being smothered anymore offensively.

Can't ask for much more. Up to them. Always was, that part was never on him.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:33 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Ok, Coach Julien. I'll eat my crow. Changed the lines. Letting our rookie puck movers play their game.

Seguin's looking better, even flattened someone today. Marchand looking way better. Aside the defensive lapses, but he isn't being smothered anymore offensively.

Can't ask for much more. Up to them. Always was, that part was never on him.
When the personel is there, Julien allows his troops to play their game but nothing comes at the cost of sacrificing strong D play.Many speak about his inability to make in game adjustments.....please, not so far in this series, Torts has, at least for two games done absolutely nothing to defend Claude`s employing of the trailing defenseman.....nothing.....NEXT QUESTION JOHN

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:38 AM
stick9

Quote:

Not to mention, Boyle is no Nathan Gerbe. He's 6' 7, 245lbs, which isn't all that much smaller than Z.

I can't stand Torts. He treats people like crap and thinks he's gods gift to hockey. Besides, he hasn't won jack squat since TB. Total DB.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:03 AM
GloryDaze4877
Dishonest Intellect

Quote:

I sit Dougie for Sides.

I probably sit Krug or Bart for a 95% Ference.

I don't sit either Bart or Krug for Redden.

The newfound mobility on the back end and allowing the D to "activate" has been huge in the last 3 PO games. Sides can move a little bit, and Ference is pretty mobile, but Redden is a pylon. He makes a good first pass and is smart, but as long as the D is producing I would leave Bart and Krug in there and hope Sides gets healthy.

Best of both worlds.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndGold View Post
Everyone loves a complete hockey player. Bergeron comes to mind on the current Bruins roster as the team's most complete player. He's been my favorite for years for this reason.

Is it unreasonable to apply the same logic for coaches? Are the best hockey coaches "complete coaches?" That is the coaches who excel at coaching all aspects of the game, offense, defense, transition. It's pretty clear that we don't have that with Julien. We have a guy who is fixated on one area of the game, rather than taking a balanced approach.

I honestly believe Julien would feel better about losing 1-0 than winning 6-5. A 6-5 win to him represents failure in his system rather than getting two points in the standings.
The Julien supporters will counter that Bruins have been successful with him as coach. I'll counter that there is still too much untapped potential with this roster that better coaches would be able to utilize. The Bruins don't get the most from their player assets.
Then what do you make of the following Julien quotes, from two separate articles in today's Globe?:

Quote:
"I don't like our team when we play on our heels and we're just trying to protect a one-goal lead," Julien said. "We've got to extend the lead and extend it even more before we even think about protecting it."
Quote:
"We've told them, 'Continue to do the things you do well,' " said Julien, asked his advice to his blue-line kiddie corps. "And, 'Don't be afraid to make mistakes.'"

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
Then what do you make of the following Julien quotes, from two separate articles in today's Globe?:
Thanks for the quotes. I saw Julien say that post-game and hoped someone would cite them.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Thanks for the quotes. I saw Julien say that post-game and hoped someone would cite them.
I'm postive the blind sheep that continute to bash Julien and want him gone will have some terrible spin on these quotes..

Sheep gon sheep.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:53 PM
BB624

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Since the 67/68 season the Bruins have missed the playoffs exactly 5 times. Only twice missing them in back to back seasons. That hardly constitutes year after year at the bottom of league.

Look at the rosters. When the Bruins iced a solid squad, they made the playoffs regardless of the bench boss.
But those 5 years were in a 10 season period from 96/97 thur 06/07.

BB624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 01:28 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB624 View Post
But those 5 years were in a 10 season period from 96/97 thur 06/07.
True, but to my latter point look at the rosters of those teams.

That 96/97 team was bad enough to award them the #1 pick in the draft. Should be noted that Steve Kasper was leading that disaster.

The 05/06 & 06/07 teams were post Thronton trade teams. Which were bad enough to get the GM and the coach canned.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:45 PM
BlueAndGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
I'm postive the blind sheep that continute to bash Julien and want him gone will have some terrible spin on these quotes..

Sheep gon sheep.
Don't visit HFboards very often anymore, post even less often. Remarks like yours are the reason. There is little tolerance for opinions that don't conform to the cognoscenti. I posted a question above about Julien's emphasis of defense rather than taking a more balanced approach. So one poster puts words in my mouth and another tells me I don't know anything about NHL hockey. I've been a hockey and Bruins fan for 45 years and I like to think outside the box a bit on some aspects of the game. Sometimes my views are contrary to the prevailing views and when I expressed them here, this is result.

BlueAndGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Don't visit HFboards very often anymore, post even less often. Remarks like yours are the reason. There is little tolerance for opinions that don't conform to the cognoscenti. I posted a question above about Julien's emphasis of defense rather than taking a more balanced approach. So one poster puts words in my mouth and another tells me I don't know anything about NHL hockey. I've been a hockey and Bruins fan for 45 years and I like to think outside the box a bit on some aspects of the game. Sometimes my views are contrary to the prevailing views and when I expressed them here, this is result.
On any message board, there's going to be back and forth. You can't blame someone for citing you if you make such a silly statement as the one bolded.

And there are plenty of posters who agree with you on Julien, so I don't know where the "prevailing views" comment comes from.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Sorry if I offended you.

Maybe you could elaborate more on the "complete coach" concept.

Old
05-20-2013, 06:41 PM
finchster

What I find mind boggling is Julien has coached the third most games coached of any Bruins coach and second all time in wins. The Bruins haven't had a coach this long in any of our lifetimes and have the tendency to throw coaches under the bus, I guess we are getting antsy to fire a guy like the good ole days.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:17 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
I wasn't' referring to you in particular, but rather those that have continually bashed Julien for a LONG time, and even when the Bruins are playing very well, those same people will try and say he's terrible. No matter how well the team is doing, something always has to be his fault for many here.

This thread is a LOT different than the GDT's and other threads where there is a lot of anti-Julien talk. It's fine to have your opinion about him, as I never even quoted you, but there are some people here that would rather have the Bruins lose this year and have Julien fired than win the Stanley Cup and have him stay for a while.

Now, I'll ask you, what don't you like about him? I know people don't like his "system" (that produces goals and keeps them out of the net), but it definitely works. I know some will say it hinders a players ability to produce, but I believe it covers up many flaws some players on this team have.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
What I find mind boggling is Julien has coached the third most games coached of any Bruins coach and second all time in wins. The Bruins haven't had a coach this long in any of our lifetimes and have the tendency to throw coaches under the bus, I guess we are getting antsy to fire a guy like the good ole days.
It's not that. When they're in a coma for large portions of regular season. Can even come out in the playoffs w/ a 3-1 lead and just play like they're in a exhibition game in October. Yeah, fair to wonder if he's lost them. Forget good teams. This team had trouble w/ some bottom dwellers this year. Sometimes things get stale. Which team is going to come out in NY tomorrow night?

Is it on the players? It ALWAYS is. But you can't trade your whole team, can you? Fair to the coach? Nope. They get the shaft, and always will.

Adjustments? His tendency to stick to line combos, even to failure? I think those are fair criticisms.

Should B's fans respect Coach Julien for what he is, and what he has accomplished? Absolutely they should.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote