HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part CXCI: Dick Trickle, flies, and even more microbrews

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2013, 06:25 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

vCash: 500
And Phil is gonna finish second AGAIN. He is so unclutch.

Aaaand he can't even finish second...

Last edited by TheUnseenHand: 06-16-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old
06-16-2013, 09:43 PM
DangleSnipeCelly
Formerly KupsforKovy

Went to Washington DC this weekend for a 3 day weekend. Man what a beautiful city (downtown touristy part). Just about everything you do is free. I think aside from food and taxi fare, we didn't pay a dime for anything while we where there. Definitely needed at least one more full day, couldn't do a few things that we wanted to. HIGHLY recommend going if you get the chance.

Old
06-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupsforKovy View Post
Went to Washington DC this weekend for a 3 day weekend. Man what a beautiful city (downtown touristy part). Just about everything you do is free. I think aside from food and taxi fare, we didn't pay a dime for anything while we where there. Definitely needed at least one more full day, couldn't do a few things that we wanted to. HIGHLY recommend going if you get the chance.
i've been to washington d.c. twice in my life. the first time in 3rd grade about 3 days before sept. 11 2001, 2nd time about 4 years ago. both were probably my top two travel experiences as far as the city. really awesome place

Old
06-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
And Phil is gonna finish second AGAIN. He is so unclutch.

Aaaand he can't even finish second...
I was waiting for him to choke. He delivered. Happy for Rose though.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:26 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
I always root for tiger first but if he's out of it I root for Phil. There aren't that many lefties out there and he was pretty much the only real lefty contender when I started golfing. I still even play a bit like him. Always go for the miracle shot instead of the safe play. It just sucks to see him blow it time and time again when you're rooting for him.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:10 AM
VaxjoDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupsforKovy View Post
Yeah DC is great. If you stay in the areas where the politicians move around, that is. Once you're in poorer areas it's rugged as hell.

I remember visiting the White House when they had tours, we passed the Oval office and could literally just look straight into it though huge window doors, it was so cool. Looked a lot smaller than I imagined though.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:38 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

Best prank ive ever seen.

Old
06-17-2013, 07:51 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Michelson didnt choke yesterday, he just lost. Stricker choked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
Yeah DC is great. If you stay in the areas where the politicians move around, that is. Once you're in poorer areas it's rugged as hell.
That's the polite way to put it. Used to have the highest murder rate in America, but its gone way down in recent years (I dont even think they're top-10 anymore).

Old
06-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Brycey Poo View Post

Best prank ive ever seen.
It's all good until the neighbor comes out with a AR-15 and starts blasting people thinking it's real.

Well executed prank though. Needed more "Dios Mio!" though.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
06-17-2013, 08:52 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Today's interesting Twitter revelation?

China's largest news agency has < 15,000 followers.

I mean, we KNOW you're a communist nation, but dont make it so easy.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:08 AM
DangleSnipeCelly
Formerly KupsforKovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post

I remember visiting the White House when they had tours, we passed the Oval office and could literally just look straight into it though huge window doors, it was so cool. Looked a lot smaller than I imagined though.
When we were eating at a restaurant on the outskirts of Georgetown our waiter told us 2 years ago you wouldn't bring a family anywhere near that part of town, which was scary cause we were about 5 blocks from the white house. You can tell they redeveloping the areas that are bad. Police presence was probably just as great as NYC.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Today's interesting Twitter revelation?

China's largest news agency has < 15,000 followers.

I mean, we KNOW you're a communist nation, but dont make it so easy.
did you see the season finale of VICE? They documented the good will trip to North Korea with the globetrotters and nutball Dennis Rodman. The clip of the visit to the "grocery" and "computing center" was scary - I mean full on Jack Nicholson at the typewriter all work and no play at the resort hotel in winter scary.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:30 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
did you see the season finale of VICE? They documented the good will trip to North Korea with the globetrotters and nutball Dennis Rodman. The clip of the visit to the "grocery" and "computing center" was scary - I mean full on Jack Nicholson at the typewriter all work and no play at the resort hotel in winter scary.
I've never heard of VICE, but that was interesting. The scariest thing I've seen is the fake crying during KJI's funeral procession. There are a bunch of clips like the below, people petrified of what would/could happen to them if it was deemed they weren't "sad enough".

Old
06-17-2013, 11:22 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

I'm guessing at some point this hunter wished he had a shotgun instead of that bow.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44b_1371360552

Old
06-17-2013, 11:58 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

last week at my current position…clearing out (archiving) all of my Outlook emails is the best feeling in the world

Old
06-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Michelson didnt choke yesterday, he just lost. Stricker choked.

That's the polite way to put it. Used to have the highest murder rate in America, but its gone way down in recent years (I dont even think they're top-10 anymore).
2 times he had a wedge from 120 out that could have set him up for a potential birdie putt and he ended up bogeying both holes. He was the leader or tied for the lead after the first three days. Final day rolls around and he shoots a 4 over while two guys from behind him put up an even 70 and a 1 over 71 to beat/tie him. He had every chance and reason to win but didn't. Rose didn't have to hit any miracle shots really. He just had to play it smart and play it safe and he put it all together. Phil didn't. I like the guy, but that's choking.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:13 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
2 times he had a wedge from 120 out that could have set him up for a potential birdie putt and he ended up bogeying both holes. He was the leader or tied for the lead after the first three days. Final day rolls around and he shoots a 4 over while two guys from behind him put up an even 70 and a 1 over 71 to beat/tie him. He had every chance and reason to win but didn't. Rose didn't have to hit any miracle shots really. He just had to play it smart and play it safe and he put it all together. Phil didn't. I like the guy, but that's choking.
There were 73 Professional golfers who teed it up yesterday, and the average score yesterday was a 73. Shooting a 74 was not choking. And the bogey on the last hole was only because he had to hole it and went for broke, or he would have shot a 73, which again, was the course average yesterday = not choking.

One of the 2 wedges you talk about, 1 was a well-struck shot, they just pulled the wrong club for the rain/wind. The other one was, meh, but I'd hardly call it a choked shot.

He missed a zillion 6, 8, 10, 12 foot puts right on the edge or lipped. If even 1 or 2 of those drop, nobody would say Phil was choking today. Hindsight is 20/20, but this is Monday morning quarterbacking. If any other player but Phil played that same round yesterday and finished 2nd, nobody would accuse him of choking. It's just that Phil has the reputation of a choker, because,,,,,well,,, he's choked a lot in his career, so people just label yesterday as such.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Scott04

Quote:
There were 73 Professional golfers who teed it up yesterday, and the average score yesterday was a 73. Shooting a 74 was not choking. And the bogey on the last hole was only because he had to hole it and went for broke, or he would have shot a 73, which again, was the course average yesterday = not choking.

One of the 2 wedges you talk about, 1 was a well-struck shot, they just pulled the wrong club for the rain/wind. The other one was, meh, but I'd hardly call it a choked shot.

He missed a zillion 6, 8, 10, 12 foot puts right on the edge or lipped. If even 1 or 2 of those drop, nobody would say Phil was choking today. Hindsight is 20/20, but this is Monday morning quarterbacking. If any other player but Phil played that same round yesterday and finished 2nd, nobody would accuse him of choking. It's just that Phil has the reputation of a choker, because,,,,,well,,, he's choked a lot in his career, so people just label yesterday as such.
So.... to sum up what you're saying... he's a choker because he has choked many times in his career. And he did the same thing yesterday. But it doesn't count because a guy who led for 54 holes played average while blowing his lead, instead of putting up an 8 over, even if both of them lead to the same result of him not holding his 3 day lead.... Gotcha. Sorry to question your expert knowledge on the subject.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:29 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
So.... to sum up what you're saying... he's a choker because he has choked many times in his career. And he did the same thing yesterday. But it doesn't count because a guy who led for 54 holes played average while blowing his lead, instead of putting up an 8 over, even if both of them lead to the same result of him not holding his 3 day lead.... Gotcha. Sorry to question your expert knowledge on the subject.

73 of the best golfers on the planet averaged a 73 yesterday, and the player you're accusing of choking also shot that number. It's logically pretty tough to accuse him of choking.

It's not like he missed a 2 foot putt for a playoff on 18.

Your accusing him of choking while playing what was actually a fairly solid round on his part simply because he was in the lead at the start - this makes zero mathematical sense.

Did the 35 out of 70 golfers who shot a 73 or higher yesterday also choke or were they just not even trying since they didnt start the day in 1st place?

Alternatively, there were only SEVEN out of 73 golfers who were even capable of shooting par or better yesterday!

Sorry to question your expert knowledge on the subject statistics.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:40 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

he choked, like a little choker that chokes a lot

Old
06-17-2013, 12:48 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
he choked, like a little choker that chokes a lot
Absolutely.

I mean, all he had to do was shoot a 72 yesterday and he would have won with what Rose's final score was.

And 20 out of 73 of the best golfers in the world were able to shoot a 72 yesterday.

If 27% of the people out there were able to shoot a 72 or better yesterday, surely he SHOULD have been one of them and not in that "choker group" with the 73% who couldnt. Cant defeat that logic!

Old
06-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

isn't Phil one of the top 20% of golfers right now?

He performed sub-par. :snicker:

Old
06-17-2013, 01:11 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
A discussion on golf...it sounds as interesting in here as it does watching it on television!

Zzzzzz...

Old
06-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
A discussion on golf...it sounds as interesting in here as it does watching it on television!

Zzzzzz...
I took vacation on Friday (79 degrees, 40% humidity, mostly sunny with a light breeze) and shot 84 on a par 71.

For being only my 2nd 18 hole round this year, having to wait for a walking 4-some in front of my two-some, and drinking 6 beers by the 15th hole - that is astounding!

*fist pump*

*estimated that is my 4th best full round individual score that did not involve mulligans, winter rules, or executive courses.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Anyone ever been to the Ego Bar in Trump Taj Mahal?

Closed Thread