HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part V: Ilya Kovalchuk retires

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
they did change their game plan in games 3 and 4, but they werent/arent able to play competent defense consistently without sacrificing their transition game which is what really made them dangerous.
Giving up 3 goals in 8+ periods is pretty competent defense.

Fact is the team just didn't simplify their game enough to win.

Look at the Hawks, in their last 7 games in which they went 6-1 many of their goals have been a result of deflections, rebounds, net presence.

The Pens continued to think their superior talent would win out and would overcome and not trying to actually outwork the Bruins.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:34 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Giving up 3 goals in 8+ periods is pretty competent defense.

Fact is the team just didn't simplify their game enough to win.

Look at the Hawks, in their last 7 games in which they went 6-1 many of their goals have been a result of deflections, rebounds, net presence.

The Pens continued to think their superior talent would win out and would overcome and not trying to actually outwork the Bruins.
you clearly stopped reading my post halfway through...

Old
06-07-2013, 10:36 PM
needle

The Bruins are rolling. If we are lucky enough to advance to the finals, it will take all we have to knock them off.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan33 View Post
so the maple leafs have depth, and the penguins do not? Bruins didn't play well against Toronto in part because they had to play a lot of games in the last month of the regular season, including games that had to be postponed because of the Boston Marathon bombings. You give them a week off and then you see what happens (vs Pens).

My initial thoughts on a potential Bos-Chi finals: Blackhawks have only 5 goals from their defensemen through 3 rounds, which to me is alarming. In contrast, Bruins' defensemen have 15 goals. In general I just don't think that the hawks have the depth or the goaltending to win this series.
Not alarming to the Hawks. Though I agree with your assessment on Rask being > than Craw, please don't mind if I laugh my ass off at Kane, Toews, Hoss, Sharp, Keith, Seabs, Hammer, Leddy, Bicks, as being poor depth. Let alone the second tier of players. A team that won the Prez, great PK (3rd in league), top 2 in scoring is just a pitifully weak team with no depth what so ever. Every team in the league would beg for that.

Now.....let's hope the Hawks advance.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Bruins were impressive

If Hawks advance it will be interesting story how both teams were on brink of elimination only to survive and move on

Old
06-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
you clearly stopped reading my post halfway through...
I read your post, but the Pens should have been able to change their plan. Fine your transition game isn't working as well, find another way to score, but they couldn't or didn't. The Hawks made that adjustment and that's the difference. Not sure if it was coaching, players or both for the Pens but once the Bruins stopped their first attempt the Pens didn't adjust.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Well sounds like the Hawks have no chance. Apparently the Bruins will absolutely dismantle them. And this is even if they can manage to get back the Kings.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Well sounds like the Hawks have no chance. Apparently the Bruins will absolutely dismantle them. And this is even if they can manage to get back the Kings.
Where was that posted?

People are simply saying the Hawks will have to play their very best to beat the Bruins just as the Bruins will have to play their best to beat the Hawks. It will be a very good tight series with the winner coming down to who can play the best and develop a game plan to attack the others weakness.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Where was that posted?

People are simply saying the Hawks will have to play their very best to beat the Bruins just as the Bruins will have to play their best to beat the Hawks. It will be a very good tight series with the winner coming down to who can play the best and develop a game plan to attack the others weakness.
I was being facetious. They got a good team over there, but so do the Hawks. If the Hawks can hold up their end of the bargain (which I fully believe they will) it should be a good series.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Sarava

I'm not worried about Boston at all. But the Hawks have to play the Kings now, so I'll leave it at that.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

I redact my previous comment about being facetious. Check out the playoffs board; I would say 75-80% of posters are picking a Bruins win with at least half of those believing it will come via blowout.

I guess we'll see, but we have to get past LA first. Tomorrow is a ginormous game.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
I redact my previous comment about being facetious. Check out the playoffs board; I would say 75-80% of posters are picking a Bruins win with at least half of those believing it will come via blowout.

I guess we'll see, but we have to get past LA first. Tomorrow is a ginormous game.
And those same people picked LA too. *yawn*

Old
06-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
And those same people picked LA too. *yawn*
Couldn't care less what others think, I think the Hawks can beat the Bruins and vice-versa. Hoping for a win tomorrow so the only road trip left is Chicago to Boston and back.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Couldn't care less what others think, I think the Hawks can beat the Bruins and vice-versa. Hoping for a win tomorrow so the only road trip left is Chicago to Boston and back.
As impressive as sweeping the Pens is - it's equally unimpressive to need a giant stroke of luck to get past a mediocre Toronto team. The Hawks are the team to beat no matter who they face.

But again - they still have a series with LA going here. The defending champs will not go quietly. And we all saw how quickly a team can come back from down 3-1.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
As impressive as sweeping the Pens is - it's equally unimpressive to need a giant stroke of luck to get past a mediocre Toronto team. The Hawks are the team to beat no matter who they face.

But again - they still have a series with LA going here. The defending champs will not go quietly. And we all saw how quickly a team can come back from down 3-1.
The same can be said about going down 3-1 to a #7 seed Detroit team who lost loads of their core lat year.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:26 AM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

I think there is a mutual respect between our two teams and cities. See you guys next week.

Old
06-08-2013, 12:35 AM
rocketdan9

Quote:

What hawk fans don't realize is that the 1st round bruins team had no Krug, Bartowski, Hamilton. The defense without any of these guys lacked mobility, offensive skills especially game 5 and 6.

Even adding Krug, who is mobile and much better for the PP is a night and day diff in terms of how the team flows, or cannot be played the same way everytime

Also Jagr moving up to the 2nd line has brough life to Marchand and Bergeron.

It won't be easy for the hawks to contain the Bruins along the boards or in the faceoff circle.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
What hawk fans don't realize is that the 1st round bruins team had no Krug, Bartowski, Hamilton. The defense without any of these guys lacked mobility, offensive skills especially game 5 and 6.

Even adding Krug, who is mobile and much better for the PP is a night and day diff in terms of how the team flows, or cannot be played the same way everytime

It won't be easy for the hawks to contain the Bruins along the boards or in the faceoff circle.
Good to know.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:06 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post

So we've got a clear edge in coaching. Awesome.

Old
06-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Dirtywater

How awesome would an Original Six SC Final be?! You guys are sick. I bet it would go 7.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Bruinsfan33
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Not alarming to the Hawks. Though I agree with your assessment on Rask being > than Craw, please don't mind if I laugh my ass off at Kane, Toews, Hoss, Sharp, Keith, Seabs, Hammer, Leddy, Bicks, as being poor depth. Let alone the second tier of players. A team that won the Prez, great PK (3rd in league), top 2 in scoring is just a pitifully weak team with no depth what so ever. Every team in the league would beg for that.

Now.....let's hope the Hawks advance.
on paper the Hawks have depth, on the score sheet in this year's playoffs they do not. Only 4 players on Chicago with 4 or more goals. Boston has 6 players with 4 or more goals. Plus as I stated the Bruins defense has 15 goals, while the blackhawks are not getting much from their defensemen.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Derp Kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
So we've got a clear edge in coaching. Awesome.
The Leafs speed and scoring depth was a great match up vs Boston.. You guys have that as well. Toews and Kane have to snap out of the goal funks though.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
I think there is a mutual respect between our two teams and cities. See you guys next week.
This. Chicago has always been one of the other teams I liked, been pulling for you guys all postseason long, but come next week we go to war (I hope!)

Old
06-08-2013, 06:58 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by needle View Post
The Bruins are rolling. If we are lucky enough to advance to the finals, it will take all we have to knock them off.
Came to post this. Right they're looking like the next champs.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:56 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

vCash: 167
Hoping to see a Hawks-B's SCF. If both teams play the way they have been it will be a great series. I do prefer a Saturday start though but Wednesday will do too.

Closed Thread