HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stop supporting the NHL?

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 02:05 AM
dwood16

vCash: 500
Stop supporting the NHL?

I'd advise everyone to go ahead and give up on this **** league. It appears it is indeed fixed. Those calls cannot be justified no matter how you spin it. The suspension is arguable but bad ...but not as bad as all the non calls and non suspensions that have screwed the Sharks so many times in the past. You could make quite an extensive montage of illegal hits against the Sharks that have not gotten suspensions and penalties just in the playoffs. Ian White comes to mind. Also, they always seem to run into teams that interfere/screen them quite a bit without ever getting called. But if they throw the slightest pick, they always get called. I will ride out the rest of the playoffs but I'm done after that, for good.

It's flat out BIASED.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:08 AM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

This is straight ridiculous emotional overreaction. Get a hold of yourself. Refs didn't cost us the entire game, maybe one goal, but we still let in 3 others

Old
05-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Phu

I may have to consider it this season. Depends how the rest of this series plays out perhaps. But wow, this is the lowest low I've ever felt as a Sharks fan, like there is literally no way to win.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Evincar
HFBoards Sponsor

So what happens if the Sharks eventually win a Cup? Would you come back and jump on back on the bandwagon? I only follow 2 sports religiously, NHL and the NFL. Im a fan of arguably the 2 biggest chokers in each league, the Sharks and Falcons. No matter how bad things get, I will always be a diehard fan. Im just as big a fan of the entire sport, not just my favorite team.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:19 AM
Mrs Ski

I gave up my season tickets this year and I plan on not renewing center ice package after tonight's debacle. If I want to watch a game I will just stream it on my computer.

I don't pay to see Pro Wrestling because its rigged. After tonight I can say without a doubt in my mind that the game was handed to the Kings.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:20 AM
masterofallxix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
I'd advise everyone to go ahead and give up on this **** league. It appears it is indeed fixed. Those calls cannot be justified no matter how you spin it. The suspension is arguable but bad ...but not as bad as all the non calls and non suspensions that have screwed the Sharks so many times in the past. You could make quite an extensive montage of illegal hits against the Sharks that have not gotten suspensions and penalties just in the playoffs. Ian White comes to mind. Also, they always seem to run into teams that interfere/screen them quite a bit without ever getting called. But if they throw the slightest pick, they always get called. I will ride out the rest of the playoffs but I'm done after that, for good.

It's flat out BIASED.
wow okay definite overreaction. are you going to start following the AHL or something then? Or KHL maybe? If you want to give up hockey altogether go for it, but its my fave sport and the sharks are my fave team so no matter how pissed I am I'm never going to bail on the NHL because of BS calls.

I don't honestly believe in any conspiracy theories or anything. I do see the remote possibility of the NHL trying to give a bit more leeway to teams like LA though only because we know how the NHL has been struggling forever now and we know how the league has a major crush on LA/Hollywood and wants celebrity exposure. That's why they are doing Anaheim/LA at Dodger stadium in the middle of march LOL. Otherwise it would make more sense to do a SJ vs LA or SJ vs Anaheim for an outdoor game to get the two major portions of California involved.

But I digress. We get the calls some games, and other games we don't. What pisses me off more than anything is the inconsistency. I really do think that delay of game penalties, if questionable, should be reviewable. Maybe they'll take that into consideration in the next year or two. But regardless, we're 0 for on the powerplay and that's a recipe for disaster. It's ultimately special teams that have kicked our a$$ the past couple of years in the playoffs. They were good against Vancouver but been horrible thus far against LA. If we don't change that game 3/4, this series is over and that has nothing to do with the league "fixing" the outcome.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:20 AM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litework View Post
So what happens if the Sharks eventually win a Cup? Would you come back and jump on back on the bandwagon? I only follow 2 sports religiously, NHL and the NFL. Im a fan of arguably the 2 biggest chokers in each league, the Sharks and Falcons. No matter how bad things get, I will always be a diehard fan. Im just as big a fan of the entire sport, not just my favorite team.
The Falcons? LOL, GTFO.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:21 AM
68 Z-28

Old
05-17-2013, 02:22 AM
sjshrky27

I cannot believe I'm about to say this but: GO BLACKHAWKS!

Old
05-17-2013, 02:23 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
The Falcons? LOL, GTFO.
Word.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:23 AM
NoBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Ski View Post
I gave up my season tickets this year and I plan on not renewing center ice package after tonight's debacle. If I want to watch a game I will just stream it on my computer.

I don't pay to see Pro Wrestling because its rigged. After tonight I can say without a doubt in my mind that the game was handed to the Kings.
I've been considering not renewing my STs for a while now. This may be it.

To be clear the NHL is not rigged, just plagued by poor officiating with zero accountability. Nothing is being done about an issue that has been around for years. That's it.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

I'm a fan and a STH who spends a lot of dough on the Sharks.

It's rigged. All pro sports are, to a point. I'm resigned to this fact. When it becomes as obvious as tonight it just hurts more. I look forward to the day when it's rigged in favor of the Sharks. Don't know why, but I'll still be happy even knowing it's semi rigged. I also don't know why I root for millionaires doing what they love while I make peanuts compared to them and spend all kinds of cash doing so. But there it is.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Old
05-17-2013, 02:29 AM
Mrs Ski

If the NHL wants to restore its credibility it can start by doing away with the delay of game penalty. At least suspend it when a team is on the PK. I don't want Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final decided by the "Stupid" penalty.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:31 AM
cholewhat

I stocked up on foil for just such an occasion, HATS ALL AROUND!

And on the bright side, looks like some prime season ticket packages just opened up, and at reduced market prices... hip, hip, HUZZAH!

Sometimes you Sharks fans are funny- or I guess I mean former fans once this season is completed.

Enjoy the red pill on your way to NHL conspiracy enlightenment. I'll stick around and enjoy the ride.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:32 AM
sjshark91

Old
05-17-2013, 02:33 AM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
This is straight ridiculous emotional overreaction. Get a hold of yourself. Refs didn't cost us the entire game, maybe one goal, but we still let in 3 others
We lost by one goal so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litework View Post
No I wouldn't. I've been watching hockey since before the Sharks existed and I have seen it's crash. You follow the NFL religiously so I don't expect you to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofallxix View Post
wow okay definite overreaction. are you going to start following the AHL or something then? Or KHL maybe? If you want to give up hockey altogether go for it, but its my fave sport and the sharks are my fave team so no matter how pissed I am I'm never going to bail on the NHL because of BS calls.

I don't honestly believe in any conspiracy theories or anything. I do see the remote possibility of the NHL trying to give a bit more leeway to teams like LA though only because we know how the NHL has been struggling forever now and we know how the league has a major crush on LA/Hollywood and wants celebrity exposure. That's why they are doing Anaheim/LA at Dodger stadium in the middle of march LOL. Otherwise it would make more sense to do a SJ vs LA or SJ vs Anaheim for an outdoor game to get the two major portions of California involved.

But I digress. We get the calls some games, and other games we don't. What pisses me off more than anything is the inconsistency. I really do think that delay of game penalties, if questionable, should be reviewable. Maybe they'll take that into consideration in the next year or two. But regardless, we're 0 for on the powerplay and that's a recipe for disaster. It's ultimately special teams that have kicked our a$$ the past couple of years in the playoffs. They were good against Vancouver but been horrible thus far against LA. If we don't change that game 3/4, this series is over and that has nothing to do with the league "fixing" the outcome.
I thought about just following the AHL ..which I enjoy. But that would still be supporting the NHL so no. I am done with the NHL and any of it's affiliates. Period.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholewhat View Post

And on the bright side, looks like some prime season ticket packages just opened up, and at reduced market prices... hip, hip, HUZZAH!

Sometimes you Sharks fans are funny- or I guess I mean former fans once this season is completed.

Enjoy the red pill on your way to NHL conspiracy enlightenment. I'll stick around and enjoy the ride.

You can suck on my playoff tickets and next years season tickets. It's not like this is new to me or other people with a brain.

Anybody that doesn't think Jerry Rice got every call there was go his way is the tin foil hat wearer category.

Last edited by Led Zappa: 05-17-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old
05-17-2013, 02:36 AM
Mrs Ski

One of my favorite quotes..."Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean you aren't being followed".

If reports are correct that a linesman said the puck was deflected and was over-ruled by the ref then I have nothing left but to assume the ref was biased towards the Kings.

I will still follow the Sharks but the NHL isn't going to get a dime from me.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:37 AM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholewhat View Post

Old
05-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Mrs Ski

BTW does anyone have a email address for the NHL?

Years ago I called the headquarters when Owen Nolan was suspended. I managed to get through to Bettman's secretary. I gave her a ear full. Lol.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:43 AM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Ski View Post
If the NHL wants to restore its credibility it can start by doing away with the delay of game penalty. At least suspend it when a team is on the PK. I don't want Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final decided by the "Stupid" penalty.
Honestly, they should treat it the way they treat icing. Not allowing a change is enough to discourage people intentionally doing it and that's the reason the rule is there.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:45 AM
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan

My meltdown began before this series even started. I just knew we were gonna get bent over somehow like we always do. I've been numb for the Sharks since we got screwed by the Bieksa OT goal in 2011 that apparently didn't go out of play. The NFL season can't come fast enough now.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:45 AM
SJFanQC

I love how when there's no argument, it's ''tin foil hats !!!'' coming out. I too am resigned to the fact that when this much big money is being passed around, many of those who can influence the odds will do it. The players can still win the game, but they're going up against odds that are not in their favour because of the control some greedy heads can exercise over suspensions, penalties, etc. There are many factors in the NHL which aren't let up to the players to decide and while they can overcome this, it's tougher. There is no way the supposed best referees in the sport can get so many calls wrong, it being so obvious, so many suspensions confusing the fans, and still not want video challenges in 2013. Because these people that have been having influence for a long time don't want it to change and become tougher for them to have influence.

Just look at what Couture said.

“I don’t know man, I got the puck in the corner with three minutes left and (Slava) Voynov slashed me on the wrist at least six times. No call. They say it’s too tight to make the call. Then they call a tripping (on Stuart). It’s tough.”

What a BS excuse. It's too tight to make the call. I mean it's so evident to me but call me a tin foil heat wearer all day, you're blind if you think all is fair in business and when money is involved. And as far as many are concerned, the NHL is a business. We just have to pull for our guys, our team to overcome probabilities and challenges thrown at them. Which they still can given the way they're playing.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:48 AM
cholewhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
Baa Baaaa

Old
05-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFanQC View Post
I love how when there's no argument, it's ''tin foil hats !!!'' coming out. I too am resigned to the fact that when this much big money is being passed around, many of those who can influence the odds will do it. The players can still win the game, but they're going up against odds that are not in their favour because of the control some greedy heads can exercise over suspensions, penalties, etc. There are many factors in the NHL which aren't let up to the players to decide and while they can overcome this, it's tougher. There is no way the supposed best referees in the sport can get so many calls wrong, it being so obvious, so many suspensions confusing the fans, and still not want video challenges in 2013. Because these people that have been having influence for a long time don't want it to change and become tougher for them to have influence.

Just look at what Couture said.

“I don’t know man, I got the puck in the corner with three minutes left and (Slava) Voynov slashed me on the wrist at least six times. No call. They say it’s too tight to make the call. Then they call a tripping (on Stuart). It’s tough.”

What a BS excuse. It's too tight to make the call. I mean it's so evident to me but call me a tin foil heat wearer all day, you're blind if you think all is fair in business and when money is involved. And as far as many are concerned, the NHL is a business. We just have to pull for our guys, our team to overcome probabilities and challenges thrown at them. Which they still can given the way they're playing.
Better than I could put it right now drunk, pissed and all. Is that redundant?

If only you could post what you know instead of what is "officially" published this wouldn't even be argued about.

Closed Thread