HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL after Sochi Games

Old
05-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
I`ll just leave it here

KHL has nothing to gain from this,khl needs money for infrastructure and this laughable tourney wont provide that.
Champions hockey league>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spengler Cup.

But it's okay it's not like you have to fear about Riga playing in a any champion's cup.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:03 PM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Champions hockey league>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spengler Cup.

But it's okay it's not like you have to fear about Riga playing in a any champion's cup.

I`m sorry if you are even remoteley suggesting that swiss league is even anywhere close to KHL then i have to ask what drugs are you on and where do you get them?

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:05 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I`ll just leave it here

KHL has nothing to gain from this,khl needs money for infrastructure and this laughable tourney wont provide that.
Agree, but why (if) KHL support it?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:06 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Agree, but why (if) KHL support it?
I think its another stupid idea from FHR thats beeing pushed on KHL.

Old
05-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
I`m sorry if you are even remoteley suggesting that swiss league is even anywhere close to KHL then i have to ask what drugs are you on and where do you get them?
Who said anything about the league? Still talking about clubs here and the last time a Swiss club embarrassed a Russian one. Result? Russians withdrew from the league all ********.

Old
05-29-2013, 12:17 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Who said anything about the league? Still talking about clubs here and the last time a Swiss club embarrassed a Russian one. Result? Russians withdrew from the league all ********.
Trust me players dont give a **** about these tourneys,just like the Spengler cup where atleast in our case most players that went there was to relax and have a good time at the alps and occasionally play.

Old
05-29-2013, 12:26 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I think its another stupid idea from FHR thats beeing pushed on KHL.
Who knows? KHL is not stupid, they has to have a plan. I think it is a "game" with IIHF and whole Europe. How to show that Europe can not create good pan-euro league. Still, it is a tender only, will anybody bid? We will see.

Another reason for support it that KHL guys are stupid, what they are not.

Old
05-29-2013, 12:30 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Trust me players dont give a **** about these tourneys,just like the Spengler cup where atleast in our case most players that went there was to relax and have a good time at the alps and occasionally play.
Agree and we all know why Gazprom withdrew from Champions League - why to support something which is not usefull for KHL? I can not imagine that KHL changed the mind within a few yrs. Who knows? Maybe they just want to make pressure on Finns and German [MOD]

Last edited by stv11: 05-30-2013 at 03:39 AM. Reason: borderline political talk
Old
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Good one. Players don't like winning. I've seen twice my favorite Finnish team Jokerit win the European Cup. The first time during the 94-95 NHL lock-out season when Teemu Selänne and Jari Kurri were playing with them. Trust ME, they cared about that tournament.

Or TPS when they became the first Finnish team to win it in 93-94:

Last edited by Jussi: 05-29-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old
05-29-2013, 12:37 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Good one. Players don't like winning. I've seen twice my favorite Finnish team Jokerit win the European Cup. The first time during the 94-95 NHL lock-out season when Teemu Selänne and Jari Kurri were playing with them. Trust ME, they cared about that tournament.

I dont know about locked out NHL players,but KHL players that have to worry about scoring points for their KHL team,earning a new contract,getting in the PO,will not give all their best in this tournament when its not the most important thing happening to them in the season.

They are professionals,they get payed for playing in KHL that is their job,the GM and coach wont ask the player how much points did he score in some european champion league.

Old
05-29-2013, 01:08 PM
obskyr

Quote:
Ah, come on now. Both are Mickey Mouse tournaments.

Will someone post the 2009 Spengler finals with NLA champion Davos losing to Dynama Minsk too?

The last people to care in this position are the fans. It's just as pointless as the EHT and it's indeed forced by the FHR and IIHF.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
Ah, come on now. Both are Mickey Mouse tournaments.

Will someone post the 2009 Spengler finals with NLA champion Davos losing to Dynama Minsk too?

The last people to care in this position are the fans. It's just as pointless as the EHT and it's indeed forced by the FHR and IIHF.
Fans from other European countries will definitely care about it if it's set up properly. Take a wild guess, it both were on (free) tv, which would gather bigger ratings in Finland, Sweden and/or Switzerland, ECC or KHL?

Last edited by Jussi: 05-29-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old
05-29-2013, 01:59 PM
obskyr

Quote:
Fans from other European countries will definitely care about it if it's set up properly. Take a wild guess, it both were on (free) tv, which would gather bigger ratings in Finland, Sweden and/or Switzerland, ECC or KHL?
Well, I should've specified the KHL fans then. Because not so many KHL fans (I don't rule out the theoretical possibility that those people exist) are happy with the season breaks. And I'm also sure that thing wouldn't gather bigger ratings among the KHL audience than the same amount of time spent on the regular season routine even if it was on the non-cable channels. Because pretty much nobody would care about Adler Mannheim vs. Avangard Omsk games, I bet NHL games would be much more popular if they weren't played in the middle of the night. Hockey isn't like soccer at all, it's a niche and home league oriented sport.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 02:06 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Fans from other European countries will definitely care about it if it's set up properly.
I have to react to Jussi. This quoted text is funny... because Swedes have been talking all the time, they dont care about international club matches/tournaments at all.

Old
05-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Theokritos

Quote:
some tourney with no history or tradition
As opposed to the pan-european super league the KHL wants to become? Talk of no history or tradition...

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Vicente

Funny how everyone "knows" what European fans want and what not. Maybe Russian fans don't care about European Cup, fans in Germany or Switzerland do like this sort of competitions. So countries like these can have their own tournament.

Most funny argument then is that such a tournament would be senseless as there would be not the best teams from Europe (KHL). So what? European Trophy countries can easily try to create a real European Cup for CENTRAL EUROPE.

It is still way more realistic that Northern and Central Europe keep strong domestic leagues and have a European Cup while KHL is a product for Eastern Europe where you have NO important domestic league (only former Russian Superleague).

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 01:51 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
As opposed to the pan-european super league the KHL wants to become? Talk of no history or tradition...
Well,KHL doesnt care from its POV. It`s goal is to strive for money,also KHL has way more tradition and history in the 5 years of its existance than that european cup or whatever its called.

Old
05-30-2013, 02:20 AM
VladNYC

Quote:
Fans from other European countries will definitely care about it if it's set up properly.
So fans in Finland and Sweden would care about a champions league that was financed by Russian money, where their home clubs played against KHL clubs, but they wouldn't care about their clubs playing the same KHL teams if they were a part of the KHL? You have finally lost your mind.

VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 03:28 AM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
So fans in Finland and Sweden would care about a champions league that was financed by Russian money, where their home clubs played against KHL clubs, but they wouldn't care about their clubs playing the same KHL teams if they were a part of the KHL? You have finally lost your mind.
lol now you are trolling like hell. In the case of a European Cup a Finnish team would play for Finnish championship + European Cup between league champions in Europe - also winner of KHL.

In the case of being a KHL member you would play all season against Russians and not against your own country's teams. Even you guys should see the difference.

Do you think Real Madrid, Manchester United or Bayern Munich who are big fans of European Cup in football would rather join Russian football league?!

Old
05-30-2013, 03:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Hope Timchenko and Kuperman will say these idiots from IIHF that this project is dead project since beginning. Europe needs to be united (against NHL in sense of PTA etc) not to be divided into 2 blocks (Sweden/NHL-Russia/KHL).

Last edited by vorky: 05-30-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old
05-30-2013, 04:50 AM
Vicente

Quote:
Hope Timchenko and Kuperman will say these idiots from IIHF that this project is dead project since beginning. Europe needs to be united (against NHL in sense of PTA etc) not to be divided into 2 blocks (Sweden/NHL-Russia/KHL).
The best solution would be a third super league like CHL (Central "European" Hockey League). So clubs in the West can compete against NHL AND KHL.

You all know I love KHL as a product but one has to see that KHL is Eastern European/Asian product. Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and others can have their own league together with 32 teams.

PS:

Such a league could look likes this: 6 teams from Sweden / Finland / Germany / Switzerland each = 24 teams + 2 from Norway and Denmark each = 28 teams + teams in London, Paris, Milano and Vienna = 32 teams.

Last edited by Vicente: 05-30-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old
05-30-2013, 05:11 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
The best solution would be a third super league like CHL (Central "European" Hockey League). So clubs in the West can compete against NHL AND KHL.

You all know I love KHL as a product but one has to see that KHL is Eastern European/Asian product. Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and others can have their own league together with 32 teams.

PS:

Such a league could look likes this: 6 teams from Sweden / Finland / Germany / Switzerland each = 24 teams + 2 from Norway and Denmark each = 28 teams + teams in London, Paris, Milano and Vienna = 32 teams.
The problem is bold part... Finns, and especially Swedes, have no interest to rival NHL, btw dont have many as well. Therefore pan-euro league can not be govern by Swedes/Finns or Hockey Europe... it would be disaster for euro hockey in long-term. No, No to ECC or whatever it is. I dont want pan-euro league to be a feeder league of NHL or its puppet.

Old
05-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Vicente

Quote:
The problem is bold part... Finns, and especially Swedes, have no interest to rival NHL, btw dont have many as well. Therefore pan-euro league can not be govern by Swedes/Finns or Hockey Europe... it would be disaster for euro hockey in long-term. No, No to ECC or whatever it is. I dont want pan-euro league to be a feeder league of NHL or its puppet.
Well there could be also 30 team league with teams from Germany, Switzerland and Austria while Swedes and Fins could continue their dreams as feeder leagues for NHL/KHL and Central European League.

Just imagine having Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Munich, Mannheim, Düsseldorf + maybe new additions Dresden and Leipzig together with teams like Bern, Davos, ZSC Lions, EV Zug and RB Salzburg, EC KAC and Vienna Capitals in one league. ^^

Old
05-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Theokritos

Quote:
also KHL has way more tradition and history in the 5 years of its existance than that european cup or whatever its called.
Feel free to prefer the KHL over a European Cup, but this claim of yours is nonsense.

Last edited by stv11: 05-30-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Deleted quote
Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Yup, Europe need to be united against NHL but accept the fact they're all feeders to KHL... Good luck with that.