HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Game 2|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators - Penguins lead series 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 12:17 PM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 10m
Letang looked fine in practice yesterday. Has a history of missing morning skates with migraine headaches. Just a thought.

Not even gonna sugarcoat it. I hope Letang is okay and that Adams is injured. Sooooo curious to see what a line with Juice-Joe V.-TK can do.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:19 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Sidney Crosby is curiously the third most queried buyout over the past seven days. #NHL #Penguins
http://twitter.com/capgeek/statuses/335444086288957440

#SOPO
#YINZERS

#RockHard

Old
05-17-2013, 12:26 PM
SteelFish87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Sooooo curious to see what a line with Juice-Joe V.-TK can do.
u mean Glass - JoeV - TK ?

Old
05-17-2013, 12:31 PM
ZeroHero

vCash: 50
I'd really like to see some scoring from the 3rd line this game.

Old
05-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

Quote:
MikeColligan 1:33pm via Echofon

Sidney Crosby says he and Dr agreed to switch to a smaller face shield for the OTT series, plans to wear it for at least a couple more weeks
https://twitter.com/MikeColligan/sta...48111013044224

So is that in reference to the smaller shield he's already traded down for, or did he get an even smaller one?

Old
05-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Jaded-Fan

I now split my season tickets three ways, because the cost has become ridiculous.

Meaning I have gone to each game one, games that we blew out the opposing team.

I just got a call and one of the guys I split the tickets with can not go tonight and offered me the tickets.

So I am going.

Is this a sign from God (and by that I mean our buddy Uncle Gary) that we win tonight?

Old
05-17-2013, 12:58 PM
shizno*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I now split my season tickets three ways, because the cost has become ridiculous.

Meaning I have gone to each game one, games that we blew out the opposing team.

I just got a call and one of the guys I split the tickets with can not go tonight and offered me the tickets.

So I am going.

Is this a sign from God (and by that I mean our buddy Uncle Gary) that we win tonight?

Nice, Uncle Gary has been slacking the past few years, he owes us a few #1 picks and a cup this year

Old
05-17-2013, 01:15 PM
JimsDoors

Buddy was able to score free tix through one of his accounts. Section 110, still can't believe it. Hope like hell Disco keeps Kunitz on the 2nd.

GO PENS!!!

Old
05-17-2013, 01:23 PM
JimmyTwoTimes

I know the players aren't thinking this way , so it doesn't matter that I am. but after watching the hawks and kings...and even bruins...if we struggle against the sens then forget about it. I am looking ahead. No doubt about it. Because if we have to slip by teams like this, what does that say about a potential Chicago matchup?

2-0 is a must. We did that during our cup runs to every team similar to this Ottawa one...and haven't done it since.

It's the way I'm looking at it....not the players...so don't respond with 20 different cliches

Old
05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
I know the players aren't thinking this way , so it doesn't matter that I am. but after watching the hawks and kings...and even bruins...if we struggle against the sens then forget about it. I am looking ahead. No doubt about it. Because if we have to slip by teams like this, what does that say about a potential Chicago matchup?

2-0 is a must. We did that during our cup runs to every team similar to this Ottawa one...and haven't done it since.

It's the way I'm looking at it....not the players...so don't respond with 20 different cliches
As long as we get to our game we should be good.

They had better give 60 minutes of effort though.

I think that they are peaking at the right time though.

They have to remember what got them here.

They have to treat this just like any other game.

They've been here before.

They have a lot of big game experience.

They control their own destiny.

Anything less than a championship is unacceptable.

This team has a chance to do something special.

They're not just happy to be here.

But remember, in the playoffs anything can happen.

They need to get a win in their building.

They're in the driver's seat.

They just have to do the things they've been doing all season.

It doesn't matter who they play in the next round, and they can not think about that.

It's do or die.

They're in a must-win situation.

This is for all the marbles.

There's no tomorrow.

They have to play as if you lose, you go home.

They've got their backs against the wall.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in the Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
With Letang absent, Penguins' No. 1 power play features Crosby, Kunitz and Neal up front, with Malkin and Martin on the points.
http://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status...04846586949632

???????????????

Iginla was making the PP credible? Now we're going to go with 0 RHS?
this pisses me off. Iggy was the best part of the PP cause he is the only righty shot we have that can put the puck in the net. WTF is neal gonna do that sid and Geno arent?

Old
05-17-2013, 01:37 PM
JimmyTwoTimes

Ha....such an overachiever you are..22 cliches

Give me # 9.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:43 PM
shizno*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
this pisses me off. Iggy was the best part of the PP cause he is the only righty shot we have that can put the puck in the net. WTF is neal gonna do that sid and Geno arent?
Wait until the actual game before complaining..? Remember how pissed everyone was when Dan did XYZ in practice but then XZY happened in game?

Old
05-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

I am going tonight as well, although I really shouldn't be going to more than one game per series if I want to stay out of the poorhouse.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
I am going tonight as well, although I really shouldn't be going to more than one game per series if I want to stay out of the poorhouse.
Yeah, the face on a couple of tickets is almost $400. I can not imagine what the markup is on stubhub.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:48 PM
TheSniper26
Christ Kunitz

I have a good feeling about tonight. I think Morrow gets back to being a pain in the ass to play against and puts in a goal.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
I posted before, but Molinari didn't tell the whole story.

Quote:
1st PP: Martin, Iginla on points. Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz up front. (Halfway thru, Neal replaced Iginla with Malkin moving to point).
2nd PP: Niskanen, Dupuis on points. Neal, Morrow, Kennedy up front. (Halfway thru, Iginla replaced Neal and played point with Dupuis moving up front).
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...ome#SKATEDEETS

Also there was this from yesterday:
Quote:
POWER PLAY TWEAK
Some pretty interesting looks from the Pens' power-play units today.

The Pens typically use the following set up for the top PP unit:
Letang and Iginla on points. Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz down low. Then Neal would swap with Kunitz.

The Pens are still starting with the Letang, Iginla, Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz set. However, it looks like Kunitz will stay out with the top unit no matter what. Neal is now swapping with Iginla, but when Neal enters the fray the five-men shift with Malkin moving to point in Iginla's spot.

So when Neal gets on the ice with the top unit you'll likely see the following set up:
Letang and Malkin on the points. Crosby, Neal, Kunitz down low.

Michelle spoke with Letang after practice about the tweaks, and he said they are nothing significant; they are basically just testing out different looks based on how the Senators kill penalties to have different options in the game.

"It all depends on the game, the way that the PK kills," he explained. "If they allowed us to have a high F3 and being able to shoot from the slot, we’ll put some guys (there). But there’s not a big adjustment. Everybody is in the same spot. We try to support everybody on the ice and make sure we don’t get caught."

The Penguins have so many capable personnel of filling different positions on the power play, and days like today are when everybody can get in there and get some practice.

"Iggy is a righty and Nealer is a lefty," he said. "They’re both shooters. Kuni is really good in front. We have different players for different things. You just have to practice different looks."

Old
05-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

Quote:
Yeah, the face on a couple of tickets is almost $400. I can not imagine what the markup is on stubhub.
I'm in the upper bowl so mine aren't quite that much, I think face is $87.50 for this round. Still too pricey to be going to multiple games considering they're only going to get more expensive if the Pens make it to the ECF and beyond.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:58 PM
MtlPenFan

I still don't like our team. Hate being negative, but even during the two shutout games against the Isles, I was never wowed.

I just want one, ONE dominant performance for the entire game, where they just hang out in the Sens' zone the entire game. Until then, we're just pretenders beating inferior teams.

Old
05-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Kuhnhackl
Formerly "71"

I paid $303 for 2 seats in 219 row E for tonight. Pretty ridiculous but I don't get many chances to go up to games so I had to do it.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Waffle Fries

I saw someone posted that article Yohe wrote about how great it is that the lineup keeps changing. I think the most irritating part about that is the fact that he doesn't even seem to agree with it. Someone on Twitter asked him what his thoughts were on the Iggy-Kunitz switch and he replied "very troubling"

This post isn't meant to complain about the line switches, but just how much I hate our local media. Every time Dan does something, they write an article about how great it was. When he first forced Iggy on the left, Rossi wrote an article about how it was such a great idea because he could play the 'Fedotenko role.' Then when Dan made the switch in game 5, he wrote an article about how that was Dan's plan the whole time and made so much sense.

I don't understand how no matter the move, they write about how great it is, even if the moves contradict other moves that they said were great as well

If Yohe thinks that switching Iggy and Kunitz is a bad idea, why doesn't he write about THAT instead of "changing the lineup all the time is awesome!"

Old
05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Jaded-Fan

If anyone wants to look for me, I will be the one who is topless and has manscaped my chest and belly hair to look like Steigerwald and Errey, and leading the Woooooooooooooooooooo cheers all evening. Though I doubt that I will be the only one so that may not be defining enough.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:05 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 View Post
I paid $303 for 2 seats in 219 row E for tonight. Pretty ridiculous but I don't get many chances to go up to games so I had to do it.
Have a blast,bud!

Old
05-17-2013, 02:05 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
If anyone wants to look for me, I will be the one who is topless and has manscaped my chest and belly hair to look like Steigerwald and Errey, and leading the Woooooooooooooooooooo cheers all evening. Though I doubt that I will be the only one so that may not be defining enough.
I tried telling everyone it was you last game. I looked right over and saw you wooing the entire game.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:11 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
I saw someone posted that article Yohe wrote about how great it is that the lineup keeps changing. I think the most irritating part about that is the fact that he doesn't even seem to agree with it. Someone on Twitter asked him what his thoughts were on the Iggy-Kunitz switch and he replied "very troubling"

This post isn't meant to complain about the line switches, but just how much I hate our local media. Every time Dan does something, they write an article about how great it was. When he first forced Iggy on the left, Rossi wrote an article about how it was such a great idea because he could play the 'Fedotenko role.' Then when Dan made the switch in game 5, he wrote an article about how that was Dan's plan the whole time and made so much sense.

I don't understand how no matter the move, they write about how great it is, even if the moves contradict other moves that they said were great as well

If Yohe thinks that switching Iggy and Kunitz is a bad idea, why doesn't he write about THAT instead of "changing the lineup all the time is awesome!"
They're just terrified of having their press passes revoked.

We've heard them ***** about stretch passes on twitter and on the radio. Same thing with jerking around with the top 2 lines. Rossi was on Madden yesterday and made a GREAT point about Bylsma stressing more on getting to the zone fast rather than what they do once they're in the zone. Basically, they echo every single one of our complaints...except when Bylsma's standing there.

Cowards or clueless, or both.

Closed Thread