HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECSF Game 2|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Ottawa Senators - Penguins lead series 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Zatch88
Im stumbling spheres

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
I still don't like our team. Hate being negative, but even during the two shutout games against the Isles, I was never wowed.

I just want one, ONE dominant performance for the entire game, where they just hang out in the Sens' zone the entire game. Until then, we're just pretenders beating inferior teams.
yeah. 4-1 wins aren't good enough for me either. need to be at least 8-0 for me to feel confident.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I tried telling everyone it was you last game. I looked right over and saw you wooing the entire game.
Nah, last game I wore my tux and sipped Lattes with the Romneys, Fricks and Hillmans talking business. I did not even know the score until the game was over. Because that is just how we Pittsburghers who now go to the CEC roll. Unlike the real fans who used to go to the Civic Arena.

Although a few times we did look up at the scoreboard when they showed the fans outside by the big screen television to make fun of the little people.

Last edited by Jaded-Fan: 05-17-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old
05-17-2013, 02:16 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
yeah. 4-1 wins aren't good enough for me either. need to be at least 8-0 for me to feel confident.
Ugh, stop looking at the scoreboard please. I know it's what counts in the end against opponents not up to our level, but that won't cut it against the better teams.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatch88 View Post
All kidding aside after a few years of entering the playoffs with a team called 'unstoppable' fans can be forgiven for not trusting even when the Pens put up a nice win and will look for signs of the other shoe about to drop. I admit I am in that camp.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Dying Alive
I love u Phil

I did have to laugh at this, from the Sens GDT (referring to Pens fans):

Quote:
I have never seen a fanbase so obsessed with lines.
I dare one person to disagree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 View Post
I paid $303 for 2 seats in 219 row E for tonight. Pretty ridiculous but I don't get many chances to go up to games so I had to do it.
Have fun, I'll wave from 217.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:22 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
Ugh, stop looking at the scoreboard please. I know it's what counts in the end against opponents not up to our level, but that won't cut it against the better teams.
Yeah, I agree with this. Merely beating better teams won't be enough either. If the Penguins beat Chicago four times, Bettman would probably come out and decide to give them the Cup instead because they'll probably have superior puck possession stats.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Frederick Stanley
MSF

So, Letang in or out or gametime decision?

Old
05-17-2013, 02:45 PM
NastyNick

People don't understand how important handness matters for these decisions. The players talk about it all the time, you'd think the fans would pick up on it.

A defender who is left handed.. is going to have a much harder time closing a lane or blocking a shot on his backhand. That is why they are mixing Iggy up with everyone. They see opportunities in the Ottawa defense. Its not because someone is playing poorly.

It probably goes the same for even strength too. Dan saw something in the Malkin match up that he thinks he can exploit. If Geno is finding room to circle the net, that puts both Neal and Iggy in prime position to tap pucks in.

Worse case, you force Ottawa to mix up their defensive pairings to match. And that causes far more havoc for them then it does us.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:45 PM
JimsDoors

Why is ESPN reporting on their TV crawl and website that the puck drops at 8:30?? It's still 7:30, correct?

Old
05-17-2013, 02:48 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

I've actually stated slotting my family into a line. It used to be my wife centering my two sons, but I think she's too feminine to play center, so
I moved her to NW (Neal wing). My 7-year old now centers the line, his speed and ability to hit players in the groin with his head will be great in the d zone behind the net. My 5-year old will play the Kunitz role. He's a bull in a china shop and will definitely take at least 1 boarding call per game.

Considering trading for some taller people. Maybe a daughter to be named later, as well.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:50 PM
wheelz87
B2B Predictor Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsDoors View Post
Why is ESPN reporting on their TV crawl and website that the puck drops at 8:30?? It's still 7:30, correct?
lol going to ESPN and looking for accurate hockey information.

You are aware they have no idea what hockey is, right? They would rather monitor LeBron James's eating schedule on the team's off days.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:53 PM
JimsDoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
lol going to ESPN and looking for accurate hockey information.
You are aware they have no idea what hockey is, right? They would rather monitor LeBron James's eating schedule on the team's off days.
I didn't.

Saw it on TV first and then checked. Only NHL game tonight and thought they moved it back an hour.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Mordax
Winner winner

Quote:
I still don't like our team. Hate being negative, but even during the two shutout games against the Isles, I was never wowed.

I just want one, ONE dominant performance for the entire game, where they just hang out in the Sens' zone the entire game. Until then, we're just pretenders beating inferior teams.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:02 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

some of you are hating MTL's post unnecessarily. He just wants the Pens to look as dominating as the Islanders did for stretches.

That still sounds wrong.

whatever. I know what i mean.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Lets go

They will dominate tonight!

Old
05-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Mordax
Winner winner

I know. I get it. It's just funny how how this board has transformed into so much complaining/doubt/etc when it's focused around a team, favored to win the cup, who's in the 2nd round w/ 1 game in hand.

Almost seems like half the board is just expecting us to fail and enjoys pointing out the things that may cause it to happen.

I try to just enjoy our success. I guess you guys are just more hardcore than I am

Old
05-17-2013, 03:13 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
My problem with MTL post, and he knows I respect his opinion, is that no team has looked so damn dominant. They've had dominant stretches, but there are flaws in every team. That's why it's so open.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:18 PM
SundanceKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Nah, last game I wore my tux and sipped Lattes with the Romneys, Fricks and Hillmans talking business. I did not even know the score until the game was over. Because that is just how we Pittsburghers who now go to the CEC roll. Unlike the real fans who used to go to the Civic Arena.

Although a few times we did look up at the scoreboard when they showed the fans outside by the big screen television to make fun of the little people.
Hmm satire. I recognize you and enjoyed the role you played throughout the Age of Enlightenment with writers like Jonathan Swift.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM
shizno*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordax View Post
I know. I get it. It's just funny how how this board has transformed into so much complaining/doubt/etc when it's focused around a team, favored to win the cup, who's in the 2nd round w/ 1 game in hand.

Almost seems like half the board is just expecting us to fail and enjoys pointing out the things that may cause it to happen.

I try to just enjoy our success. I guess you guys are just more hardcore than I am
Hey now that's expected when a team has had such a long cup drought as this one

Old
05-17-2013, 03:26 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
some of you are hating MTL's post unnecessarily. He just wants the Pens to look as dominating as the Islanders did for stretches.

That still sounds wrong.

whatever. I know what i mean.
I'd start getting real insulting because people seem to not have a ****ing clue what they're watching, but I'll bite my tongue for now. Astounding to me how people just point and say "SCOREBOARD" and think everything's fine. It's embarrassing.

People were actually satisfied with game 1? A good opening 10 minutes, then relying on special teams the rest of the way? People were actually satisfied with the way we beat the Isles, with them spending about 70% of that series in our zone? If they had a half competent goalie, we'd be dealing with the fallout of an off-season right now.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

Quote:
I'd start getting real insulting because people seem to not have a ****ing clue what they're watching, but I'll bite my tongue for now. Astounding to me how people just point and say "SCOREBOARD" and think everything's fine. It's embarrassing.

People were actually satisfied with game 1? A good opening 10 minutes, then relying on special teams the rest of the way? People were actually satisfied with the way we beat the Isles, with them spending about 70% of that series in our zone? If they had a half competent goalie, we'd be dealing with the fallout of an off-season right now.
I thought the Pens won periods 1 and 3 in 5-on-5 play in game 1 of this series. I think they went multiple games without a dominant shift in the Islanders series. It's worrisome, but I do think there is more to it than struggling. The team is supremely talented and deep. They just have to find a way to play with each other. (heh heh play with each other heh heh)

Old
05-17-2013, 03:30 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:

I will disagree here. It was methodical approach. I really liked how they played. First time a gameplan came to fruition.

Old
05-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Lomez
Old School

Quote:
I will disagree here. It was methodical approach. I really liked how they played. First time a gameplan came to fruition.
I think, though, that we're waiting for the pieces to click--for an entire game. This isn't the team the went through the league like a chainsaw in March.

Old
MtlPenFan

Quote:
My problem with MTL post, and he knows I respect his opinion, is that no team has looked so damn dominant. They've had dominant stretches, but there are flaws in every team. That's why it's so open.
Cole, you know how much I respect your opinion as well, but you can't watch Chicago in game 1 against Detroit and tell me that even when it was 1-1 in the third, you had any doubt that they would win that game. Same thing against Minnesota. It was simply never in doubt. I'm still waiting for a game like that and we're already 7 games in.

You're going to say "Well, it's Chicago" but that's kinda my point. We want the Pens to be up to that standard, but you can't tell me that you think that the Pens would be able to beat the Hawks 4 out of 7 games. If the Isles spent an entire series in our zone, I shudder to think of what would happen against Chicago if it ever gets to that.

Old
End of Line
Human After All

Lets Go Pens!

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Closed Thread