HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Wings humiliate the Hawks 4-1

Old
05-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Wings humiliate the Hawks 4-1

What an absolutely lifeless effort

So many embarrassing performances

Series 1-1 going to Detroit ,, Chance for Wings to put foot down on Hawks throat if they can take games in Det

Still feel confident in my Hawks in 6 pick though

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 05-18-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:42 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

vCash: 500
They should have handed out vomit bags to the fans.

ChiGuySez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:43 PM
ndgt10

Wings have this series imo. Babcock >>> Q

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Sioux4ever
Rookie User

Keep Toews on Zetterberg, don't avoid him. Neither scores, but Blackhawks have more scoring power on other lines.

No legs for the Hawks today. Flat from the start.

Sioux4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Fortyfives

At least they out hit them! I am rite??

Fortyfives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sioux4ever
Rookie User

Need to stand Detroit up at the blue-line. Hawks were so amazed at how Detroit played they watched them all game long

Old
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

God I hate this forum sometimes

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Patkane

Bolland and Carcillo should not play anymore. Totally useless.

Patkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Fortyfives

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
God I hate this forum sometimes
Yeah its pretty terrible to read after losses especially. Next two games in Detroit should be good. Chance for the hawks to take two and put their foot on the wing's throat.

Fortyfives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:48 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Hawks got bich slapped. Next 3 at Detroit. Hawks have about the same record on the road. We'll see what team shows up next 3 games.

Old
05-18-2013, 02:50 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Hawks got bich slapped. Next 3 at Detroit. Hawks have about the same record on the road. We'll see what team shows up next 3 games.
Next 3 at Detroit? The next 2 are in Detroit.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 02:51 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Next 3 at Detroit? The next 2 are in Detroit.
ah yeh.

Old
05-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Sioux4ever
Rookie User

Babcock was great today. He had a great game plan and no answers for the Hawks. Quenville will look at tape and adjust. Remember how bad the Wild outplayed them in Game 3.
This is a total chess match.

Old
05-18-2013, 02:57 PM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 50
I thought I was watching an AHL team out there at times today. I would've hated to have given my money to watch such a ****show.

Not really optimistic for game 3 either. The Joe will be rocking -- another thing the UC crowd couldn't do today (and it wasn't all on the Hawks for that), crowd was just pitiful.

ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Yup, Q got checkmated.

Old
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
One thing is clear

No more Carcillo ,, Time to put Stalberg in there because Carcillo is waste of roster space at this point

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 03:00 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Note to travelling fans... bring your air-sick bags with you.

Old
05-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Sioux4ever
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
One thing is clear

No more Carcillo ,, Time to put Stalberg in there because Carcillo is waste of roster space at this point
Yep. Enough of a lesson. Time to bring Stalberg back. Qenville had to do it, but Stalberg will have something to prove now and hopefully play with a chip on his shoulder.

Game was lost due to brilliant coaching by Babcock and total lack of effort by Hawks. Got beat to every puck and were tentative. Not their style of play. Better for the Hawks to play on the edge and take penalties because they have a great PK.

Old
05-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Blackhawks

Funny how when the Hawks win its the players that won the game but when the Wings its Bob ****. I kinda feel that way too and I am not blindly saying that, I can pin point at coach Q and his comments after every game this season was more along the lines of we got to be better and we should not be satisfied but after the first Detroit game he was acting as if he was sooo satisfied and the Hawks had this series in the bag. Why he changed his approach I dont know, why he sits Stalberg I dont know, just because they played great in game one does not prove that Stalberg was the reason and thank God this game two proved my analysis. Put Stalberg back in there and let Emery have the net or this series is lost IMO. Never liked Crawford and never will, he is way too shaky even in his good games and gives up way too many rebounds, he is definitely a product of the Hawks defense and this is what happens when the defense or the team doesnt show up for one damn game. When did this Hawks team ever play terrible and Crawford held them in? I certainly dont remember, because they rarely play bad in front of him and that is a fact and when they do this happens. The referees were bad this game too, but anyhow I am a little worried but I am very confident we will come out with a much better performance every game remaining in this series and outplay Detroit but I just hope the bounces dont go their way and we end up on the short end. May this be the turning point towards the better and to not ever underestimate any team in these playoffs, I believe this team needed this.

Blackhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Sioux4ever
Rookie User

[QUOTE=Blackhawks;66252451]Funny how when the Hawks win its the players that won the game but when the Wings its Bob ****. I kinda feel that way too and I am not blindly saying that, I can pin point at coach Q and his comments after every game this season was more along the lines of we got to be better and we should not be satisfied but after the first Detroit game he was acting as if he was sooo satisfied and the Hawks had this series in the bag. Why he changed his approach I dont know, why he sits Stalberg I dont know, just because they played great in game one does not prove that Stalberg was the reason and thank God this game two proved my analysis. Put Stalberg back in there and let Emery have the net or this series is lost IMO. Never liked Crawford and never will, he is way too shaky even in his good games and gives up way too many rebounds, he is definitely a product of the Hawks defense and this is what happens when the defense or the team doesnt show up for one damn game. When did this Hawks team ever play terrible and Crawford held them in? I certainly dont remember, because they rarely play bad in front of him and that is a fact and when they do this happens. The referees were bad this game too, but anyhow I am a little worried but I am very confident we will come out with a much better performance every game remaining in this series and outplay Detroit but I just hope the bounces dont go their way and we end up on the short end. May this be the turning point towards the better and to not ever underestimate any team in these playoffs, I believe this team needed this.[/QUOT

Last edited by Sioux4ever: 05-18-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: blank
Old
05-18-2013, 03:15 PM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 50
This team has gotten comfortable with the notion that it can just hang around during games and then hope to turn it up late and win. It doesn't work that way, no matter how great you are. It worked in the regular season -- hell it even worked against the gimpy Minnesota Wild. It will not work with a team like Detroit who is experienced and has veterans. I really have yet to see a game so far where I can see the team as a whole played well for 3 periods -- it's been at least a month since I can really remember a game like that. I understand that not every game is going to be like that, but it would be nice to see some consistency for once.

ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 03:17 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Hopefully it's a wake up call for the players that they're not playing Minnesota anymore.

It's time for Stalberg to come back to the line up. Carcillo should sit...and if Shaw can't get it together he should sit, too...or play on the 4th line.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Sioux4ever
Rookie User

Quenville won the game with coaching in Game 4 for the Hawks against the Wild. Great adjustments to Wild forecheck. I just gotta give credit where due. The players deserve credit, but sometimes coaches do make a difference.
I think Quenville deserves blame for the game today, by trying to get Toews off the ice when zetterberg was on the ice. Toews/Hossa had him shut down. Other lines could not do this.
You're right pointing out how players get credit when Hawks win.

Crawford is great in close, but if you can shoot high on him you can beat him. Is Emery healthy yet? I can't really blame Crawford entirely as Detroit had way too much time and respect on the ice to make plays.

Getting pissed at the linesman controlling the faceoffs,too. Toews was on the ice getting butt-f**cked in front of the Wings net and could not get a call.

Old
05-18-2013, 03:21 PM
mighty Stanley Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Yup, Q got checkmated.
Babcock checkmate somebody?
Hihi...
I dont see what Babcock did so phenomenally...
Hawks just look tired,i dont know what happened to them between last and this game.
3 goals of 4 are more product of bad effort by your team,correct that and next game 2 games are yours.

mighty Stanley Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Sioux4ever
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty Stanley Duck View Post
Babcock checkmate somebody?
Hihi...
I dont see what Babcock did so phenomenally...
Hawks just look tired,i dont know what happened to them between last and this game.
3 goals of 4 are more product of bad effort by your team,correct that and next game 2 games are yours.
Check out the passing in the neutral zone to see how Babcock adjusted. Check out the positioning of the Wings forwards along the boards. If you've ever coached hockey you'll notice the adjustments made.