HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Memorial Cup 2013 Thread! (Portland vs Halifax on Sportsnet tonight - 7pm)

Old
05-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Zadorov isnt very impressive..
No hes not. Doesn't mean he's not playing good, though.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

I was going to write something like....anybody has seen Zadorov? I guess that being invisible might not be bad....But I thought I'd see more. Though, I don't think it will hurt him too much.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Horvat and Domi. What a pair.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Someone has a man crush
But in all seriousness, why are some people so infatuated with Thrower, of all people? Hopefully not his draft position. Best to drop that level of hype/expectation.

Ohashi_Jouzu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Hannibal
Fear the Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Someone has a man crush
You know me too damn well, my friend!

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Phillip The Third
... line center ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
But in all seriousness, why are some people so infatuated with Thrower, of all people? Hopefully not his draft position. Best to drop that level of hype/expectation.
He has a bad ass name? Dalton Thrower... common... he's destined for greatness.

Phillip The Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
He has a bad ass name? Dalton Thrower... common... he's destined for greatness.
Mhmm...

Old
05-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

Quote:
Mhmm...
You can't deny it

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Wotherspoon is half a year older then Thrower, a late 2nd round pick a year earlier and I really like his game. Calgary got a decent prospect there.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Wotherspoon is half a year older then Thrower, a late 2nd round pick a year earlier and I really like his game. Calgary got a decent prospect there.
What does any of that have to do with which player(s) either would supplant if added to the Habs' training camp roster next year, or the year after, or the year after that even? I expect the defense version of Mike Blunden (from draft "pedigree" to career progression), but everyone else is free to get wet over the possible puns and avatar tag lines.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
What does any of that have to do with which player(s) either would supplant if added to the Habs' training camp roster next year, or the year after, or the year after that even? I expect the defense version of Mike Blunden (from draft "pedigree" to career progression), but everyone else is free to get wet over the possible puns and avatar tag lines.
About as much or as little as Horvat or Domi, I guess.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 04:11 AM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I could see him in the first round... He's a pretty good prospect. When there's talk about players like Mantha going top 20... I really don't see why Bjorkstrand wouldn't go late 1st to mid 2nd.
Hey guys,

He is actuallly projected to go early to mid second by most.

Some scouts actually have him as a 1st rounder.. I can dig out the threads if you guys need me to.

His coach in Portland said on TSN draftwatch that he sees Bjork becoming a back 2 back 50 goal scorer in the WHL.
His one biggest concern is his size though.

None the less he will most likely fall to at least mid second due to above mentioned size.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 05-21-2013 at 04:50 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 05:27 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Bjorkstrand is this year's Bozon, but it would be stupid if he'll slip that much. I think he's definitely an early 2nd.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
The defense version of Mike Blunden ? Really? This board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Hey guys,

He is actuallly projected to go early to mid second by most.

Some scouts actually have him as a 1st rounder.. I can dig out the threads if you guys need me to.

His coach in Portland said on TSN draftwatch that he sees Bjork becoming a back 2 back 50 goal scorer in the WHL.
His one biggest concern is his size though.

None the less he will most likely fall to at least mid second due to above mentioned size.
He's really intriguing. He's 5'11, so he's not THAT small. He's light, but he's not that small. And he plays a pretty intense game also. I really like him, he's good at picking spots.

Old
05-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu*

Quote:
Second round pick, has an intriguing "tool kit", has a bit of size and "jam", even puts together a bit of AHL success in terms of offensive contribution, but doesn't have enough to crack an NHL roster full-time... You can't see the connection I'm drawing? Really? Okay, sticking to the same draft year, we'll be lucky if he turns out as useful as Mike Weber in Buffalo. Better?

Old
05-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Second round pick, has an intriguing "tool kit", has a bit of size and "jam", even puts together a bit of AHL success in terms of offensive contribution, but doesn't have enough to crack an NHL roster full-time... You can't see the connection I'm drawing? Really? Okay, sticking to the same draft year, we'll be lucky if he turns out as useful as Mike Weber in Buffalo. Better?
There's a difference.
Blunden can skate and he's big.
Thrower can skate, shoot, pass, play rough, fight and he could very well get better at defending with good coaching, because he's not even that bad to begin with.

I really don't see the comparison.
Thrower will have a place on a team for sure. Be it as a PP weapon or as a regular Dman.

Old
05-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Oh and I just wanted to say that in his best Junior season, Thrower had 50 points. While Blunden had 30. Apples and oranges. I really hate the spreading bullcrap we have around our boards in the offseason

Old
05-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu*

Quote:
There's a difference.
Blunden can skate and he's big.
Thrower can skate, shoot, pass, play rough, fight and he could very well get better at defending with good coaching, because he's not even that bad to begin with.

I really don't see the comparison.
Thrower will have a place on a team for sure. Be it as a PP weapon or as a regular Dman.
And you know anything about Blunden before he joined the Habs? Obviously not. Blunden scored 46 goals in 60 OHL games the year after he was drafted. Had 6 points in 11 AHL games in his first pro stint that year, too, on top of being a key contributor on the Canadian U20 WJC team.

But you're going to sit here and tell me that you've seen more from Thrower... which I can accept, I suppose, because I know you haven't seen any of Blunden at the same point in development for comparison. Run with the Mike Weber comparison, then, if it's more comfortable for you.

Quote:
Oh and I just wanted to say that in his best Junior season, Thrower had 50 points. While Blunden had 30. Apples and oranges. I really hate the spreading bullcrap we have around our boards in the offseason
Speaking of bull crap being spread around the boards... put down your shovel - you're getting too deep, and it's making you look bad. Blunden had 84 points (46 goals) in 60 games in his final junior season. Where do you get your material?

Old
05-21-2013, 11:15 AM
ImGoingNucks
I'm Pickle Riiiiiick

Quote:

He's really intriguing. He's 5'11, so he's not THAT small. He's light, but he's not that small. And he plays a pretty intense game also. I really like him, he's good at picking spots.
He has a really good shot yes And he already played with men, in the Danish Pro league... He is feistier than his size lets off.

Quote:
And you know anything about Blunden before he joined the Habs? Obviously not. Blunden scored 46 goals in 60 OHL games the year after he was drafted. Had 6 points in 11 AHL games in his first pro stint that year, too, on top of being a key contributor on the Canadian U20 WJC team.

But you're going to sit here and tell me that you've seen more from Thrower... which I can accept, I suppose, because I know you haven't seen any of Blunden at the same point in development for comparison. Run with the Mike Weber comparison, then, if it's more comfortable for you.

Speaking of bull crap being spread around the boards... put down your shovel - you're getting too deep, and it's making you look bad. Blunden had 84 points (46 goals) in 60 games in his final junior season. Where do you get your material?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9195 Just to confirm...

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 05-21-2013 at 11:40 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:32 PM
ccgg

Stéfan Fournier is good. I would definitely sign him.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Paterson is not making a name for himself here....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Paterson is not making a name for himself here....
He has trouble with lateral movements. The players in front of him don't help him much too.

3-0 Halifax.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Stéfan Fournier is good. I would definitely sign him.
I don't think he quite has the talent/play reading speed/reaction time, personally, but he's a damn hard worker. When you're one of the captains of one of the most dominant Canadian junior teams in history, featuring guys like Mac, Drouin, Frk, etc, you didn't get that role just by scoring points. Wouldn't surprise me if he worked his way onto some bottom 6 somewhere in, like, 4 years, but he lacks enough "polish", imo, and is just a bit too "clunky" for the pro game.

Old
05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I like it when Drouin and MacKinnon dangle in the offensive zone. No London Knights can even get the puck from them.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:53 PM
bras meurtris

Lol 5 - 0.

bras meurtris is offline   Reply With Quote