HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

May 18 • Semifinal • Finland vs. Sweden (stats in post #2)

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2013, 12:27 PM
ElHefe

vCash: 500
Could someone post the Kunnas-show here? He is such a smart, brave and social guy who knows how to steal the attention.

He deals with the fact that he looks like a troll.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:29 PM
tikkanen5rings*

oh god the Swede was right

Old
05-18-2013, 12:30 PM
JFG

"Team of nobodies" "C-3 team"

I'm sorry guys. Look around, your NHL players isn't that good. You're not that much better than this. Finnish hockey is not what it used to be.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:31 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Well he is a kid i would think.

He knows Finland is the best country for women but not for men, that tells the age.

Old
DaveH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeptalker View Post
No way Skellefteå José.

You're wrong this time around.
Finland are a much richer country than Sweden nowadays. So you can cut the crap. Pronto. You're on the wrong foot. And you can put the complex upp the ... alley!

For an example Finland is the best land to be a mother in - in the whole of the world!
And let us not talk about Finland schools - coz Sweden schools are a practical joke compared to Finland dito nowadays.

We are no little brothers no more.

Forget that; and please no more of that seasoned crap!

Even if you did win today with the help of those red-head-Vancouver-NHL-twins.

But don't forget Sweden: If your little brother hadn't protected you against Russia in the Second World War - then you have had Russia as your nextdoor neighbour instead of Finland!

Old
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
Could someone post the Kunnas-show here? He is such a smart, brave and social guy who knows how to steal the attention.

He deals with the fact that he looks like a troll.
I still remember those YLE clips from either Vancouver or Turin where they were in a production meeting with the hockey staff and he was harassing Tamminen. Tami looked like he wanted to kill him.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:33 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
The Finns are just missing that offensive elite talent like a prime Selänne, S.Koivu etc, now their team is just decent, and no real threats... granted Sweden only got Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson, but that's currently more than Finland can handle.
Decent and only missing elite offensive talent?...that's a good one We're missing more than 25 of our best players. You can start with goalies: Rinne, Rask, Niemi, Lehtonen, Bäckström, Vehanen, Kiprusoff...

This was the Finnish C-minus team versus the Swedish B team. Factoring in the size of the respective player/talent pools, meaning that a Finnish B-team will always have less talent than a Swedish B-team, it is a pretty clear picture indeed.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:35 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFG View Post

I'm sorry guys. Look around, your NHL players isn't that good. You're not that much better than this. Finnish hockey is not what it used to be.
It seems to me that you know jack **** about hockey. That can be easily helped though: start watching some games.

Old
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by RorschachWJK View Post
Decent and only missing elite offensive talent?...that's a good one We're missing more than 25 of our best players. You can start with goalies: Rinne, Rask, Niemi, Lehtonen, Bäckström, Vehanen, Kiprusoff...

This was the Finnish C-minus team versus the Swedish B team. Factoring in the size of the respective player/talent pools, meaning that a Finnish B-team will always have less talent than a Swedish B-team, it is a pretty clear picture indeed.
Yeah, but only one goalie can play at a time.

Old
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:

We know our situation, its the same clowns that organized this mafia fest that are to blame.

I think they will put most of their robbery profits to their own and friends pockets..

There is hope but we are in a rebuild mode, you did it, we will also.

We have the infra and the people, rest is to build the right system and do the hard work.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:37 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:

Damn I didn't you could ice 7 goalies!

Old
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Jocke

Good game, Finnish Lions!

Hope to face you again next year hopefully with both our A-squads.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:41 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

I dont think anyone can deny that Finnish elite player production is in the same level as the resources and potential demand.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:45 PM
LaGu

Quote:
That's utter bullcrap. They were obviously better because they won the game but the difference was not big at all. I don't know which game you were watching. We had no answer to the top line of Sweden but otherwise created a lot of really good chances. Lack of finishing did us in and that's hardly surprising given the roster of rookies and zero star forwards (or even top 6 NHL fowards) and zero NHL defensemen.
True, although this game seemed uneven at times it really was not. Good game, well executed by our team (SWE) but give Finland a goal and we have a different game right there (Enroth's "tip-of-the-glove-hand-deflection-save" or Hagman's miss comes to mind).

For viewers I think there was a bit of an illusion of control due to the fact that we managed to slow down the pace several times. This game was no walk in the park. Sweden did have an edge with our first line, but that's basically it, for the rest it was a really tough game imo.

See you in the Olympics!

Old
05-18-2013, 12:45 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Good game, Finnish Lions!

TiggerSpiderman, is that your special friend?

Old
05-18-2013, 12:46 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Damn I didn't you could ice 7 goalies!
Way to miss the point...the attempt to be clever is rather lame, I am afraid.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Where am I wrong? Is there any finnish skater under the age of 30 that has performed in the NHL?
Under the age of 30? Oh my, I think you should choose your conditions more wisely.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=3197

Old
05-18-2013, 12:48 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Where am I wrong? Is there any finnish skater under the age of 30 that has performed in the NHL?
This problem is the most hottest subject in Finnish hockey, it not news.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:48 PM
RorschachWJK

Quote:
Sure there is a dearth of young up and coming players but to say "you are not much better than this" when we are missing several dozen of our best active players definitely sounds like ignorance to me. This time we missed practically everybody from NHL and most of the top guys even from KHL...a new record, unfortunately.

Edit: off to watch the other semifinal now, almost forgot!

Old
05-18-2013, 12:51 PM
JFG

Sorry, forgot about Valtteri. Absolutely love him. But my point still stands.

A country where the best player under the age of 30 is V Filppula could do better.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:51 PM
agent082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post

Finland don't have a A-squad. Only old farts who have to play because we screw up our youth development. You can enjoy your win in Turin but next year team is just a bunch of players after expiration date.

Last edited by agent082: 05-18-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old
05-18-2013, 12:54 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Yeah we're probably not gonna do much in these Olympics but things are finally looking better in the prospect department.
We are gonna have a totally different young NT in 5 years.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:55 PM
JFG

Quote:
Sure there is a dearth of young up and coming players but to say "you are not much better than this" when we are missing several dozen of our best active players definitely sounds like ignorance to me. This time we missed practically everybody from NHL and most of the top guys even from KHL...a new record, unfortunately.

Edit: off to watch the other semifinal now, almost forgot!
Of course you're better than this. But if you want to play that game Sweden has a LOT more NHL-talent. That was my original point.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:57 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

No one's denying that Sweden has better elite talent, but there's something that still begs a question: What's up with their players on the step just below?

I mean, there's plenty of Swedes in big roles in NHL, but when we come to Europe, the level of talent drops pretty quickly. It seems that a Swedish player is either good enough for NHL or stuck in Elitserien. There are double the Finns in KHL than there are Swedes.

I think these games are a good indicator of this as well. Finland can ice a decent squad with little to no NHLers, but if Sweden gets no help from overseas - they're in trouble.

Old
05-18-2013, 12:58 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
Of course you're better than this. But if you want to play that game Sweden has a LOT more NHL-talent. That was my original point.
We are aware that our junior work went down the drain.
We are also aware what ruined it.

Closed Thread