HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Hypothetical question

Old
05-21-2013, 03:37 PM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

vCash: 500
Hypothetical question

Hypothetical question here in regards to the draft.

Say for arguments sake that a team had two high mid-teen picks like 13th or 15th in the 2013 draft, how high could that package get them into the top ten?

I know it's not likely but I am just trying to get an idea in regards to value of picks.

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannzee View Post

Say for arguments sake that a team had two high mid-teen picks like 13th or 15th in the 2013 draft, how high could that package get them into the top ten?

I know it's not likely but I am just trying to get an idea in regards to value of picks.
I'd consider taking that package for the 6th if Lindholm and Barkov were both gone. I might want a bit of a sweetener though.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Djp

Quote:

Asuming this is Columbus....they have 13 and Rangers (if they fail to advance) at
based on one NHL draft pick chart 13=481 pts and 19 (18 if Detroit advances)=364

481+364=845....#3 overal=826.

But the 2013 draft is viewed as special with alot of talent so the price to move up would be alot more than just that.

I do believe both of those picks could get you a pick 7-10 + a 31-40 2nd round pick from that team.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 05:40 PM
vannzee
Ruslan Salei fan...

I am not talking about any one team specifically. I am just seeing a lot of post's about how hard it will be for teams to trade into the top ten but I have seen numerous posts regarding trading mid-first round picks.

I could see a team acquiring multiple picks like the 13th and 15th picks that I mentioned and moving those to move into the top ten.

I think the 13th/15th for the 6th, 7th, or 8th and so on picks plus a second rounder makes sense.

vannzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Djp

Quote:
I am not talking about any one team specifically. I am just seeing a lot of post's about how hard it will be for teams to trade into the top ten but I have seen numerous posts regarding trading mid-first round picks.

I could see a team acquiring multiple picks like the 13th and 15th picks that I mentioned and moving those to move into the top ten.

I think the 13th/15th for the 6th, 7th, or 8th and so on picks plus a second rounder makes sense.
Most drafts---sure......this draft NO

The feeling is that the top 7 are very strong---normally only the top 3 are very strong then you have a drop off.

This year a team in the top 6 will be asking alot more to move out of that...more than a 2 firsts in the teens like Columbus looks to have (theirs at 14 and rangers at 19)

then after the top 7 you then have a 2nd level of players 8-20 that could go in any order. Look at various predictions and you would see the chaos here. One draft has one player going 9th...another has then going 18th.

Any moves teams make i the 10s picks moving up its more to target a player they want.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote