HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dustin Byfuglien

Old
05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Grabovski + 2nd

Leafs need a D, Jets need a C, both or overpaid but Byfuglien actually had a decent season hence the 2nd
Easy no from Winnipeg. Buff is not overpaid, he's got a good deal for how valuable he is.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

vCash: 500
Byfuglien has to be a Ranger. He has to be. The Rangers need him desperately on the PP

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Gagner + Paajarvi + 1st + Anaheim's 2nd

for

Buff + Burmi + 1st

The Jets get more offense with a skilled 2nd line center and a 2-way winger with size. They also upgrade their 1st round pick and get a mid 2nd rounder.

Edmonton gets a #1D already signed to a decent contract. They get a cheaper #2C that could really thrive playing with Yakupov and has shown an underrated 2-way game.
As a fan of both these teams I would do that trade but I would like to see a guy like Musil or marincin coming back to the jets instead of the 2nd.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:22 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeder9 View Post
They aren't taking Grabovski and Buff, if he is considered overpaid, is nowhere close to the same as Grabovski. Personally, I don't think he is. Love to have him but we don't have anything that makes sense for both of us unless we can use futures, which doesn't help you
Grabovski had an off year but still is a 50-60 point player when hes himself. He also had a solid defensive game every year before this. Byfuglien on the other hand is always going to be a fat, lazy player yet his offensive game more than makes up for his short comings. Byfuglien is not as good as some would have you to believe and is now 3rd on winnipegs depth chart soon to fall further when Trouba makes the jump. He is extremely expendable and their arent many better Cs that can be had in a 1-for-1 swap.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Huffer

If the Jets didn't desperatly need offensive help, I would love to see one of Buff, Bogo, or Trouba learn to play on the left and run Enstrom, Buff, Bogo, and Trouba as the top 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
Haha ok thanks for the heads up,it is real hard to put a value on buff he is such a wildcard he is a real difference maker just not night in night out.If he was in better condition he would be much more consistent but I think to the right team who doesn't need to rely on him to be a star every game he would be an important piece for a cup run.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Grabovski had an off year but still is a 50-60 point player when hes himself. He also had a solid defensive game every year before this. Byfuglien on the other hand is always going to be a fat, lazy player yet his offensive game more than makes up for his short comings. Byfuglien is not as good as some would have you to believe and is now 3rd on winnipegs depth chart soon to fall further when Trouba makes the jump. He is extremely expendable and their arent many better Cs that can be had in a 1-for-1 swap.
I like Grabs and I would bet he does recover his scoring, but, Buff never lost his, and for all the fat, lazy comments, what difference is there between him and Phaneuf, who scores the same amount with no hockey sense, and makes 1m more? In a perfect world, they jump on Grabs and throw us Trouba for being so stupid.

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Huffer

Quote:
As a fan of both these teams I would do that trade but I would like to see a guy like Musil or marincin coming back to the jets instead of the 2nd.
It's probably good on a value scale, but I don't personally want Gagner as a piece. Decent player, but for the same reasons why Oil fans don't want to build around him on their second line is the same as mine.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
JetsHomer

Why do people keep proposing forwards that Buff outscores?

Buff is a 50 point, big minute defender. He's value is a first line winger + depending on who the winger is.

Not a third line center making 5.5 common now.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
I like Grabs and I would bet he does recover his scoring, but, Buff never lost his, and for all the fat, lazy comments, what difference is there between him and Phaneuf, who scores the same amount with no hockey sense, and makes 1m more? In a perfect world, they jump on Grabs and throw us Trouba for being so stupid.
Im confused i don't really get your stance on the deal? do you not want to trade Grabovski or do you think Buff is more valuable?

And to be completely honest its never bad to have 2 45-60 point D, regardless of their inability to play their actual position.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Why do people keep proposing forwards that Buff outscores?

Buff is a 50 point, big minute defender. He's value is a first line winger + depending on who the winger is.

Not a third line center making 5.5 common now.
Dont use one season as truth

Old
05-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Im confused i don't really get your stance on the deal? do you not want to trade Grabovski or do you think Buff is more valuable?

And to be completely honest its never bad to have 2 45-60 point D, regardless of their inability to play their actual position.
I'd love for the trade to happen, but it won't. We offer up guys like Grabs because we don't want them, their contracts, or the chance he never scores 60 again. By the same token, they don't either, and we can't trick them. I tried once with a woman from Winnipeg. Still cost me $50. Let them decide what they would want and take it or leave it if there is no tweaking to be made

Old
05-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
It's probably good on a value scale, but I don't personally want Gagner as a piece. Decent player, but for the same reasons why Oil fans don't want to build around him on their second line is the same as mine.
The oilers need more size and grit in their top six,The jets need more skill in there top six I personally think it is a totally different scenarios.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:39 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
I'd love for the trade to happen, but it won't. We offer up guys like Grabs because we don't want them, their contracts, or the chance he never scores 60 again. By the same token, they don't either, and we can't trick them. I tried once with a woman from Winnipeg. Still cost me $50. Let them decide what they would want and take it or leave it if there is no tweaking to be made
I would think another team would pay more than Toronto would be willing too. I'd assume JVR and Kadri are no go's, so I don't really see a deal to be made.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:40 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
But your assuming they dont. Grabovski was being used as a shutdown center given very little opportunity to succeed in which case his numbers took a hit. Prior years he was given a better opportunity and still had subpar linemates and was still able to produce at a 50-60 point pace. He is a very solid player when used properly, but with the Kadri emergence and Grabovskis lack of chemistry with Kessel he was forced in a reduced role. In Winnipeg hes likely alongside Wheeler or Ladd both of whom would be the best linemates he would have in his entire career and would likely regain his form. Im not trying to "trick" Winnipeg into taking him, I would love to keep Grabovski but not if Carlyle refuses to use him properly.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Dont use one season as truth
2012-2013
Buff - 28 points (43 games)
Grabovski - 16 points (43 games)

2011-2012
Buff - 53 points (66 games) - All Star
Grabovski - 51 points (74 games)

2010 - 2011
Buff - 53 points (81 games) - All Star
Grabovski - 58 points (81 games)

Buff outscores Grabovski from the point. In no universe are the Jets interested in dealing Buff for Grabovski. Grabovski has nowhere near the value of Buff.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
zytz
lumberjack

so many buff threads lately... was he in the news in a negative. light lately or something?

Spotted next to a mountain of McDoubles?

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Huffer

Quote:
The oilers need more size and grit in their top six,The jets need more skill in there top six I personally think it is a totally different scenarios.
I don't. We're still building a tough team to play against and Gagner does not fit what we are trying to build. The Jets can still try to find top six skill, and some decent size and defensive ability if they are open to trading Buff.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:46 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
2012-2013
Buff - 28 points (43 games)
Grabovski - 16 points (43 games)

2011-2012
Buff - 53 points (66 games) - All Star
Grabovski - 51 points (74 games)

2010 - 2011
Buff - 53 points (81 games) - All Star
Grabovski - 58 points (81 games)

Buff outscores Grabovski from the point. In no universe are the Jets interested in dealing Buff for Grabovski. Grabovski has nowhere near the value of Buff.
GA On/60

2011-2012
Grabovski 2.74
Byfuglien 3.21

2010-2011
Grabovski 2.41
Byfuglien 2.72

Grabovski is better defensively from center..

Old
05-21-2013, 09:46 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
so many buff threads lately... was he in the news in a negative. light lately or something?

Troubas had an incredible year, and Bogosian can play Buffs minutes. Jets have 4 top 6 players, but two top pairing RD, with another on the way. Makes sense to deal the oldest of our surplus D for forward help. Personally I don't think the trade will come until the trade deadline (if Trouba looks legit ) and not at all if Trouba struggles.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post

Nothing negative. Trouba's continued emergence has probably hastened the possibility of moving a RHD (not named Bogo or Trouba) for help up front.

Or at least, the possibility of exploring it.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
But your assuming they dont. Grabovski was being used as a shutdown center given very little opportunity to succeed in which case his numbers took a hit. Prior years he was given a better opportunity and still had subpar linemates and was still able to produce at a 50-60 point pace. He is a very solid player when used properly, but with the Kadri emergence and Grabovskis lack of chemistry with Kessel he was forced in a reduced role. In Winnipeg hes likely alongside Wheeler or Ladd both of whom would be the best linemates he would have in his entire career and would likely regain his form. Im not trying to "trick" Winnipeg into taking him, I would love to keep Grabovski but not if Carlyle refuses to use him properly.
The "trick" them part was in general, not you. The thing about Grabs is that this isn't just this year. This goes back to last year, and although I don't believe it was totally on him, it's him that can't score now. Mac and Kuli had just as much to do with it, but he worked his way onto that 3rd line last year, not this year. 4 pts in his last 14 lst year and 6 in his first 16 this year. Kadri took over and that's the way it is now. He won't get another chance with the Leafs to show he can still score. With us he's a good defensive/energy guy and that's his value to other teams also. We might be able to trade him but we aren't getting anything good back because he's making 5m+ for 4? years more. He is Lupul, whereas we trade him and something decent to another team for crap and they hope he can score, while getting a nice consolation prize if he doesn't.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Michael Del Zotto, Brady Skjei and Christian Thomas/Jesper Fast for Buff.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Huffer

Quote:
GA On/60

2011-2012
Grabovski 2.74
Byfuglien 3.21

2010-2011
Grabovski 2.41
Byfuglien 2.72

Grabovski is better defensively from center..
Awesome. So what do you think is worth more in reality? A all-star offensive D man or a defensive centre being outscored by said D man?

Old
05-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Michael Del Zotto, Brady Skjei and Christian Thomas/Jesper Fast for Buff.
Turning Buff into a 2nd pairing LHD is only an option if the jets are also getting back a 2nd line NHL'r. Otherwise, the Jets might as well try to move one of Buff, Bogo, or Trouba to the left.

It's the forward that's a bigger need than turning Buff into a LHD.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:07 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Awesome. So what do you think is worth more in reality? A all-star offensive D man or a defensive centre being outscored by said D man?
Grabovskis been outscored twice, this season where he was god awful and last season where he was the only capable player on his line.... An offensive D is nice, but when hes costing his team by not showing up every night it significantly decreases his value. A 50 point D who is bad at D IS worth more than a 50 point C who is good defensively, but not by some astronomical value. Anyway enough of this obviously this is not going anywhere.