HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

MasterChef Juniors (RIP Josh Marks)

Old
05-31-2013, 03:14 AM
Astoria
#ILEquestrian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Yes. Didn't really get any airtime in the episode though. Didn't show his dish in the challenge being tasted. He was front left in the first row.
Thanks! I didn't recall seeing him but at the same time didn't remember seeing him get the boot.

Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Slopo

I like Jessie. Seems to be a nice person.

Slopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 08:12 AM
RayFIN
Registered Grouch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
"The most amazing single potato." Graham Elliott must sleep on a pile of money at night.
That had me dying when he said that. I looked at the woman and had to ask her if I just heard that correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Speaker View Post
So Is Graham Elliot actually one of the top chefs in the world? His resume according to Wikipedia isn't exactly overwhelming.
Prior to going to his restaurant, nothing I had seen online or read about him impressed me at all. Last winter I was up in Chicago and went to Alinea on Friday night, and Graham Elliot on Saturday. Alinea is considered a top 10 restaurant in the world, and I thought GE outclassed them in just about every single aspect. The food was better, the atmosphere was better, and he even stopped and talked with us at our table for about 20 minutes. Not only that, but he told our waiter (without telling us) to set up his kitchen for us to have dessert in it after our meal (although he had left by then). Not saying Alinea wasn't great, but the atmosphere was stuffy and lacking, IMO. Best meal I've ever had, and I've been to a lot of top notch restaurants.

RayFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

On that note, I went to Gordon Ramsay's Steak in Las Vegas last week. THAT was the best meal I've ever had. My God, was it good...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Free Edler
Soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
On that note, I went to Gordon Ramsay's Steak in Las Vegas last week. THAT was the best meal I've ever had. My God, was it good...
Did you have SCALLOPS or WELLINGTON?

Free Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 08:49 PM
G F O P

So yeah Jordan is a kind of a jerk

G F O P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 08:57 PM
G F O P

Savannah looks like the girl from The OC lirl

Old
06-05-2013, 08:59 PM
G F O P

I love how positive they are towards eliminated contestants

So proud

Old
06-05-2013, 09:28 PM
G F O P

So Jordan basically became the villain of the show

Old
06-05-2013, 10:48 PM
dogbazinho

One thing that annoys me about the show. I dislike that the chefs give input during the team challenges. The red team won because they adjusted their sauce and made it sweeter? I wonder why, maybe cause Ramsey told them? At least on the individual challenges they tend to temper their feedback and judge based on taste and technique that the observe.

dogbazinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
G F O P

Don't see how that's annoying

They've done it all the time, it's more about the leader's job to manage the team and Jordan didn't do that

Old
06-06-2013, 08:55 AM
dogbazinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Don't see how that's annoying

They've done it all the time, it's more about the leader's job to manage the team and Jordan didn't do that
I guess I see it as a cooking and leadership challenge and not a following orders challenge. I guess I'll have to change my POV.

dogbazinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

I can't stand Krissi or Chrissy or however you spell her name. I've got no issue with loud opinionated people, but so far she's had literally nothing to say of any value. So maybe people could care less that she's loud, maybe its because she's an idiot...

For example, when her and the black hair one squared off, she told the judges, "I don't know why she doesn't like me, she doesn't know me."

Then turns right around and says "She instantly hates Howard."

I really hope Jessie/Jesse wins. Not only can she cook, and is gorgeous, but she also seems very sweet and genuine.

HighAndTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
I can't stand Krissi or Chrissy or however you spell her name. I've got no issue with loud opinionated people, but so far she's had literally nothing to say of any value. So maybe people could care less that she's loud, maybe its because she's an idiot...

For example, when her and the black hair one squared off, she told the judges, "I don't know why she doesn't like me, she doesn't know me."

Then turns right around and says "She instantly hates Howard."

I really hope Jessie/Jesse wins. Not only can she cook, and is gorgeous, but she also seems very sweet and genuine.
Yeah, her personality is probably the biggest reason why I'm a fan of hers

Are they ever going to show Eddy's dishes? Two elimination challenges and both times we don't get to see his dish.

Jordan is a dick, but he's a workhorse. Props to him for his cupcakes.

Crissi is so annoying.

Wish Adrianna didn't have to leave, she was the hottest girl there.

Anyone else hate how they show who's doing the pressure test in the previews for next week's episode? There's no thrill in watching the challenge because we know who's going to win beforehand. Wish the editors would cut that part out, or at least be sneaky with it.

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Theon
No longer Reek

Honestly I don't get what the judges see in Howard The cupcake challenge is the only one he did OK in. Was terrible in the rest.

Also Jessie is amazing

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Johnny LaRue

I like Luca. His personality amuses me.

Johnny LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Grave
Chomp

vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny LaRue View Post
Same here, agree with others though can't stand Chrissy.

IMA THROW A FIT SO I DONT HAVE TO CLEAN UP

I are drunksage hashtag sharks
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:02 AM
RayFIN
Registered Grouch

Quote:
Same, but not sold on him being a great and well rounded chef. We'll see, hope he proves me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbazinho View Post
One thing that annoys me about the show. I dislike that the chefs give input during the team challenges. The red team won because they adjusted their sauce and made it sweeter? I wonder why, maybe cause Ramsey told them? At least on the individual challenges they tend to temper their feedback and judge based on taste and technique that the observe.
I don't have an issue with it. It's not like they do it for them, or tell them exactly how to do it. However, I do wish they'd occasionally say X dish needs to be sweetened, when it really doesn't, and see if they can get in the cooks heads.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Ser Woof

Jessie, Krissy, Lynn and Luca are awesome. Eddie never gets on camera lol which is kinda weird when it comes to the elimination challenges.

Howard should have been gone after his salad and the raw fish.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 01:04 PM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Quote:
He's the Bryzgalov of the group for sure. Except italian.

What's with them not showing Jonny in any of the shows thus far? I don't think I've seen one cut-away during the cooking process. Even for the judging segment, I'm pretty sure I've only seen one dish from him, and even then it was a simple comment and he was back at his station. After seeing his unusual combination of ingredients in the first 2 challenges, I was hoping to see more of him.

My god Bethy's cupcakes looked delicious. I think she just convinced me to get some today.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

I was disappointed in there being two dessert challenges on the same night. Mix it up a bit more.

Adriana leaving sucked, she was super cute. I was ready to boycott the show if Jessie had been eliminated. Thankfully they didn't lose the two hottest girls on the same night.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 03:32 PM
G F O P

Quote:
I was disappointed in there being two dessert challenges on the same night. Mix it up a bit more.

Adriana leaving sucked, she was super cute. I was ready to boycott the show if Jessie had been eliminated. Thankfully they didn't lose the two hottest girls on the same night.
@MC4Adriana 9:31 PM 5 Jun
@ixcuincle thank you!!

Old
06-07-2013, 03:34 PM
RayFIN
Registered Grouch

Quote:

Agreed. I don't care for dessert at all, aside from like 2-3 times a year, and I didn't pay much attention to this episode.

Old
06-07-2013, 09:51 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 1321
I wanted Adriana to stay longer. Good eye candy and she did do so well in the first challenge. I am glad Jesse was saved though. When they eliminate people, is it based on that specific challenge or do they take into account what they've done before. I hope history plays a role in the elimination because if not, that sucks that a simple mistake could lead to your ouster.

This is the first complete season I've watched of Masterchef and I was wondering, is Joe the Simon Cowell of the Judges. Man he is a bit of a *********, with his mean statements and that scary looking glare. The "We're not here to make you happy, we're looking for the next Masterchef" was harsh but true.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 03:46 AM
Astoria
#ILEquestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Anyone else hate how they show who's doing the pressure test in the previews for next week's episode? There's no thrill in watching the challenge because we know who's going to win beforehand. Wish the editors would cut that part out, or at least be sneaky with it.
I've noticed that and it really annoys me. It takes the suspense out of who's going to head to the Pressure Test.

I think Jordan is definitely a threat. I'm still trying to figure out if Chrissy is a threat... The judges seem to love her dishes but they don't seem to have much "finesse" with her plating. But perhaps that's not a big factor.

As for Howard... Raw fish and a raw fish salad... Seriously? How is this dude not gone?

Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote