HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

MasterChef Juniors (RIP Josh Marks)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2013, 06:51 AM
  #76
Mike Emrick
Moderator
N'ord
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: True North
Posts: 236,018
vCash: 500
Joe has always been the heel of the series. No other judge throws food in the trash can as often

Graham is the nice one, Gordon is the real one, he tells you the truth but he's not as much of a jerk as Joe

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 01:06 PM
  #77
Astoria
#ILEquestrian
 
Astoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Joe has always been the heel of the series. No other judge throws food in the trash can as often

Graham is the nice one, Gordon is the real one, he tells you the truth but he's not as much of a jerk as Joe
Joe seriously scares the **** out of me! Graham is the teddy bear of the trio.... I thought Gordon would be more like his Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares persona but it appears that's Joe's job.


Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:15 PM
  #78
RayP
Registered Dad
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 67,828
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Joe seriously scares the **** out of me! Graham is the teddy bear of the trio.... I thought Gordon would be more like his Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares persona but it appears that's Joe's job.

Graham is actually even nicer in person than he puts off on TV, believe it or not. And I met him after they had finished the 3rd season of MC (didn't see the first two seasons, so not sure if he was a judge for all 3 seasons at that point).

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:17 PM
  #79
Free Edler
Soft.
 
Free Edler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Joe seriously scares the **** out of me! Graham is the teddy bear of the trio.... I thought Gordon would be more like his Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares persona but it appears that's Joe's job.

I think Ramsay is a bit more 'restrained' on this show - compared to his other US shows - because he's not dealing with professionals. His personality on Masterchef is probably quite a bit closer to his real personality than, say, Hell's Kitchen. Incompetence from professionals seems to legitimately upset him.

Free Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 02:21 PM
  #80
Mike Emrick
Moderator
N'ord
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: True North
Posts: 236,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
I think Ramsay is a bit more 'restrained' on this show - compared to his other US shows - because he's not dealing with professionals. His personality on Masterchef is probably quite a bit closer to his real personality than, say, Hell's Kitchen. Incompetence from professionals seems to legitimately upset him.
Actually he's more restrained in any show not named HK

He doesn't really flip out on Kitchen Nightmares or Hotel Hell, and he was a lot calmer and even more jovial on British television.

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 04:02 PM
  #81
Ser Woof
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 30,251
vCash: 50
Some people still think that HK Gordon Ramsay is the "real" Gordon Ramsay.

In reality, he's probably one of the more personable people around.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 04:15 AM
  #82
Astoria
#ILEquestrian
 
Astoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Graham is actually even nicer in person than he puts off on TV, believe it or not. And I met him after they had finished the 3rd season of MC (didn't see the first two seasons, so not sure if he was a judge for all 3 seasons at that point).
Yeah, he's been a judge for every season. I love the way he tastes the contestants food... It's like he's tasting a nice vintage bordeaux. Joe on the other hand pretty much gives them the death stare as he's sampling the grub.


Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 11:26 AM
  #83
Auguste McEscoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste McEscoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Yeah, he's been a judge for every season. I love the way he tastes the contestants food... It's like he's tasting a nice vintage bordeaux. Joe on the other hand pretty much gives them the death stare as he's sampling the grub.

I thought I was the only one who enjoys the way he eats. haha

Auguste McEscoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:33 PM
  #84
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Joe seriously scares the **** out of me! Graham is the teddy bear of the trio.... I thought Gordon would be more like his Hell's Kitchen & Kitchen Nightmares persona but it appears that's Joe's job.

I don't understand how people find Joe scary. He tries way too hard to be intimidating, I honestly cringe when he puts on the tough guy act. And seriously, buy a pair of dress shoes, the whole sneakers with suit is just tacky and awful.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 07:59 PM
  #85
Mike Emrick
Moderator
N'ord
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: True North
Posts: 236,018
vCash: 500
What the omg

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:01 PM
  #86
Mike Emrick
Moderator
N'ord
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: True North
Posts: 236,018
vCash: 500
Holy crap!

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:05 PM
  #87
JS19
Legends Never Die
 
JS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Shark Tank
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Natasha + Beth =

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:17 PM
  #88
Mike Emrick
Moderator
N'ord
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: True North
Posts: 236,018
vCash: 500
Hashtag #itsraw

Is this HK lol

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:18 PM
  #89
JS19
Legends Never Die
 
JS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Shark Tank
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
"It's still moving, that's how ****ing raw."

Chef Ramsey channeling his inner internet meme

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:58 PM
  #90
Mike Emrick
Moderator
N'ord
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: True North
Posts: 236,018
vCash: 500
MasterChef has the best eliminations ever
\
So sad

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 10:45 PM
  #91
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,456
vCash: 500
Luca won't go much farther.

Good guy, funny personality but doesn't have the all-around skill.

However, he could easily open up a successful Italian restaurant one day.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 12:41 AM
  #92
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life
 
HighAndTight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,911
vCash: 500
I am so ******* sick of the term "throwing me/you under the bus". It's called accountability. If you screw up, its on you.

HighAndTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:04 AM
  #93
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 27,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
I am so ******* sick of the term "throwing me/you under the bus". It's called accountability. If you screw up, its on you.
In most cases, yeah. However, in situations like tonight, where one person forces the other to be the leader of a two-person team so that person takes all the blame when that team loses...

Then promptly attempts to sabotage that team to ensure the leader gets the blame...

That definitely seems like throwing someone under the bus.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:18 AM
  #94
JS19
Legends Never Die
 
JS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Shark Tank
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Natasha is such a whiny *****...who the hell cares about you being so ******** that someone called your food disgusting? You lost the challenge, end of story, have a hot cup of accountability.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:17 AM
  #95
Ser Woof
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 30,251
vCash: 50
They need to stop showing her on camera. Her face is half pig.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
  #96
Banana Sandwiches
Registered User
 
Banana Sandwiches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,641
vCash: 500
Anyone else disappointed that they had egg benedict as the pressure test? They used that as a pressure test a few seasons ago.

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 11:18 AM
  #97
Grumpy Humphrey
Registered User
 
Grumpy Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Prague
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
#itsraw
I lost my ****.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:26 PM
  #98
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life
 
HighAndTight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
In most cases, yeah. However, in situations like tonight, where one person forces the other to be the leader of a two-person team so that person takes all the blame when that team loses...

Then promptly attempts to sabotage that team to ensure the leader gets the blame...

That definitely seems like throwing someone under the bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Natasha is such a whiny *****...who the hell cares about you being so ******** that someone called your food disgusting? You lost the challenge, end of story, have a hot cup of accountability.

HighAndTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 02:58 PM
  #99
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8,810
vCash: 500
I was hoping for a mystery box challenge, not a 4 man elimination test. Is this becoming Hell's Kitchen?

I have to say, although I was cheering for Luca, Kathy got royally screwed. She shouldn't even have been in the bottom four, her only fault was that she didn't have enough sauce. Luca, Natasha, and Beth had WAY worse dishes than Kathy, but she gets lumped in with them? Extremely unfair. And then in the burger challenge, Luca calls all the shots, and he is the reason that some of their burgers were raw or overcooked eventually causing them to lose. And finally, Kathy's lobster was better than Luca's, which was the main star of the dish. Kathy loses because Luca's salad is better. I mean, come one, it's a salad. Honestly feel bad for Kathy, you can tell she has so much passion and determination.

And here's to hoping Natasha and Krissi are gone soon, dumb *****es.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 03:12 PM
  #100
Grave
Chomp
 
Grave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern California
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,419
vCash: 78
They really dragged those two episodes out. HARD.

Graham looks like a giant troll doll sometimes.

__________________

I are drunksage hashtag sharks
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.