HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

MasterChef Juniors (RIP Josh Marks)

Old
06-13-2013, 11:59 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
I was hoping for a mystery box challenge, not a 4 man elimination test. Is this becoming Hell's Kitchen?

I have to say, although I was cheering for Luca, Kathy got royally screwed. She shouldn't even have been in the bottom four, her only fault was that she didn't have enough sauce. Luca, Natasha, and Beth had WAY worse dishes than Kathy, but she gets lumped in with them? Extremely unfair. And then in the burger challenge, Luca calls all the shots, and he is the reason that some of their burgers were raw or overcooked eventually causing them to lose. And finally, Kathy's lobster was better than Luca's, which was the main star of the dish. Kathy loses because Luca's salad is better. I mean, come one, it's a salad. Honestly feel bad for Kathy, you can tell she has so much passion and determination.

And here's to hoping Natasha and Krissi are gone soon, dumb *****es.
The stuff in bold was basically what I was thinking when I was watching these episodes. I guess one of the reasons why I got into Masterchef last year (And it was late in the game so maybe what I saw was an exception to the norm) was that it wasn't Hell's Kitchen. It was a show that really spotlighted the nuance of cooking and treated it as an art form. Perhaps that was overstating it because this season MC is turning into Hell's Kitchen. From the "It's Raw" stuff to the fighting amongst the competitors, what I thought this show was is turning out to not be that show at all. I watched this on the DVR and it was still a chore to get through. Hopefully when some of these contestants are gone, like Natasha and Krissi, it will get better.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 12:48 AM
awesomo
HARD!

vCash: 500
Graham is the real life Michelin man

He's so funny when he's sampling food he just really tastes it

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

I want to go on record here and say that I hate this thread.

Every time I see it, I read 'Master Chief' and think it's a Halo thread

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 10:24 AM
dogbazinho

I predicted Kathy would be eliminated as soon as they started the first elimination challenge. I was quite shocked that she pulled off a successful eggs benedict and I think the judges were as well. She's clearly was the least talented chef from the group up from elimination and the show did everything they could to eliminate her. I feel sorta bad because her benedict was probably the 3rd best and in no way should she have been up for elimination, then she probably cooks the best lobster. I was thinking, what are they going to do have another challenge? Nope fat guy is gonna start tasting a salad. A salad!? My perception of this show has changed and I think the challenges themselves are almost meaningless till the very end when the competitors are roughly equals.

dogbazinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

Joe just tore that guy a new *******

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
JS19
Legends Never Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Joe just tore that guy a new *******
No kidding.

He deserved it, still won't forget that he took one hour to make a ****ing salad. Plus, it's unfair as hell if Lynn went home only because he didn't get to see how Lydia's Agnolotti was made.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

Krissi might be the most unlikable person ever.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:35 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Really glad it was Bime that went home and not any of the other 3.

Krissi is a hypocritical ***** though. I have no issue with someone saving themselves but with how she vocally called out Jordan for it earlier this year, and then did it herself...just what a piece of work she is.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:40 PM
JS19
Legends Never Die

Krissi is something...to call out Jordan for saving himself only to do the exact same thing in a similar situation weeks later.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:13 AM
TootooTrain
Southern Hospitality

Missed the last episode, but just wanted to comment on the previous one. I can't believe they had essentially a separate episode JUST for a 4 person elimination challenge. Not to mention they had TWO. Really odd, and seemed like they were just trying to be way too dramatic.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:16 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Missed the last episode, but just wanted to comment on the previous one. I can't believe they had essentially a separate episode JUST for a 4 person elimination challenge. Not to mention they had TWO. Really odd, and seemed like they were just trying to be way too dramatic.
I agree. Seemed more like a finale with how it was set-up.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:44 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Krissi is a hypocritical ***** who deserves to leave. She calls out Jordan for saving himself than does it herself and acts like it's justified cause she has a kid. Like James said, I didn't realize you were the only one who had loved ones back home. The fact that she is laughing at Bime's struggles is just cruel and disgusting, I can't wait for the day when she slips up cause I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Also, I hate how she pulls the whole "single-mom" card out all the time for sympathy points, I have no sympathy for her. I'm sure there's a valid reason for why you're husband left you. I didn't think I would hate someone more than Natasha, but it's happened. I await your demise Krissi, and I'm going to love it.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:53 AM
Ser Woof

vCash: 50
Started out liking Krissi but she's quickly made it to my most hated list. I can't stand the narcissistic *****. She hates everybody, can't get along with anyone and is a spiteful **** who is threatened by everyone and everything.

Couldn't imagine being around that personality.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Ser Woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Krissi is a hypocritical ***** who deserves to leave. She calls out Jordan for saving himself than does it herself and acts like it's justified cause she has a kid. Like James said, I didn't realize you were the only one who had loved ones back home. The fact that she is laughing at Bime's struggles is just cruel and disgusting, I can't wait for the day when she slips up cause I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Also, I hate how she pulls the whole "single-mom" card out all the time for sympathy points, I have no sympathy for her. I'm sure there's a valid reason for why you're husband left you. I didn't think I would hate someone more than Natasha, but it's happened. I await your demise Krissi, and I'm going to love it.
This. And also agree on the point about Natasha. I hate her too but at least she had the common sense and decency to not laugh at Bime.

Krissi has some underlying sociopathic disorders she should probably get sorted out.

Ser Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:06 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
This. And also agree on the point about Natasha. I hate her too but at least she had the common sense and decency to not laugh at Bime.

Krissi has some underlying sociopathic disorders she should probably get sorted out.
She wasn't even trying to hide her laughter. Krissi was openly guffawing as Bime was having trouble with his pie. I mean, who does that? I've seen *******s on masterchef that smirk behind their hand when they see their enemies fail, or at least trying to be subtle. A little discretion goes a long way Krissi.

Old
06-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Mike Emrick

Krissi is terrible, openly laughing like that

Hopefully karma strikes

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Auguste McEscoffier

Jessie's dad was born in High Prairie, Alberta, which is a few hours north of Edmonton! He played for the Medicine Hat Tigers and the Atlanta Flames and Blackhawks.

Auguste McEscoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Krissi hates everyone, and while for a while that may have been tolerable since she was feuding with people like Natasha and Howard that had their own annoying traits, last night she was basically hating on Jessie for being pretty (anyone else find she's getting hotter by the episode?) and being able to cook well.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Krissi hates everyone, and while for a while that may have been tolerable since she was feuding with people like Natasha and Howard that had their own annoying traits, last night she was basically hating on Jessie for being pretty (anyone else find she's getting hotter by the episode?) and being able to cook well.
Yeah, that confused me. Krissi said that Jessie was "floating" on by. She's won all 3 challenges, and I believe she was the captain for 2 of those victories, plus she's done well in mystery box challenges. I don't understand where Jessie coasted through this competition.

And yes, she is smoking hot.

Old
06-20-2013, 04:32 PM
IronMosher

vCash: 1279
I agree with you guys. Krissi really proved what a two-faced ***** she was last night. I hope she bursts into tears when she gets booted and I hope someone laughs at her like she did to Bime. (I hope they all laugh at her.)

I think Jordan has this in the bag. He's head and shoulders above the rest.

IronMosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:11 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Graham kills me... I wish this made it into the episode(s) last night.... When the first episodes aired, I picked Eddie, and Jessi to be finalists.

Krissy is really starting to Piss me off... I seriously think they are making her do this 'act'. Loved how she *****ed the snot out of Jordan, then pulls the same move. Smart yes, but why go on a rant... I cannot wait til she goes.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think Krissi is an idiot, and it has little to do with her hypocritical 180 she pulled when she was put on the hot seat (even though that was nails on a chalk board listening to her go on and on about her son to justify her hypocrisy). It is the fact that she doesn't know how to play the game. She is just giggling like an idiot, letting her emotions get the best of her, attacking people like it is a playground.

The advantage she was given was one of the absolute best in the history of the show... And she squandered it to send home one of the weakest players in the game. If she had half a brain, she would have had James and Jordan going head-to-head and would have knocked out James from the competition. Instead, she threw Bime and Bethy in there for no reason whatsoever which almost guaranteed that one of them would be going home and it was likely Bime, which was her self-admitted desired result. She had Jordan and James at her mercy, and she chose to slay Bime because he annoyed her... Idiot. Not to mention it does nothing but teach her son treachery. Which going by her personality for a couple of hours, sounds like an imminent result.

Nice to see Christine return next episode. Not sure how I feel about the sightless challenge though She is a very special individual. Not sure I see what it proves to have the contestants compete blind for the first time in their lives at the drop of a hat, other than risk injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Yeah, it was clearly a filler episode. They were probably going to be short one and decided to play it up. It is not like they are judged scientifically. Past performance and perceived potential play a role in elimination challenges, it isn't like it is entirely about that one dish. Not to mention the producer gets a say... Everything about this show is to drum up the drama, not a whole lot you can do about it.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter

Last edited by Telos: 06-20-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Grave
Chomp

vCash: 78
She throws temper tantrums just so she doesn't have to clean, what'd you expect?

I are drunksage hashtag sharks
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:32 AM
qwertysac

Shocked nobody has mentioned anything yet about the chunk of finger that got chopped off

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Theon
No longer Reek

I'm glad Howard is gone. It was a matter of time really, I felt like he was all over the place in every episode. Hopefully Krissy will follow suit. She's such a vile POS. Had to mute my stream whenever she started blabbering.

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote