HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Blues Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I was thinking back through trades and let me see if I have this right, as of now, for the upcoming draft:

1st: ours, 25-29
2d: EDM, 30 or 31 and ours, 55-59
3d: ours, 85-89
4th: TBL, ~110 (ours goes to Nashville)
5th: CGY, ~122 (ours goes to Tampa)
6th: BOS, 173-179 and ours, 175-179
7th: ours, 205-209

Edmonton was Perron
Tampa was Crombeen
Calgary was Russell
Boston was Redden
3 picks in the top 60 isn't too shabby, considering some players Army has taken in the 2nd round.

Old
01-14-2014, 09:50 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Hoping for back to back picks!

Old
01-14-2014, 01:13 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

It could happen. Especially if Buffalo wins its games in hand on Edmonton somehow to pass them in the standings. The urgency to get Miller off the team and re-commence tanking will be funny.

Old
01-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Going to watch the CHL Top Prospects Games tomorrow since it's in Calgary. I'll try and keep my eyes on guys that will realistically be available around when we pick, but if anyone wants me to watch someone in particular I could do that as well.

Ryan MacInnis
Connor Bleackley
Robby Fabbri
Chase De Leo

These 4 centers might be available in the last first/early second rounds of the draft.

Old
01-15-2014, 05:14 AM
execwrite

--- Rookie defenseman Jani Hakanpaa shares the team lead with a +10 plus/minus rating and has been a plus or even rating in 24 of his 25 tilts this year.

Old
01-15-2014, 05:38 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Viper View Post
Going to watch the CHL Top Prospects Games tomorrow since it's in Calgary. I'll try and keep my eyes on guys that will realistically be available around when we pick, but if anyone wants me to watch someone in particular I could do that as well.

Ryan MacInnis
Connor Bleackley
Robby Fabbri
Chase De Leo

These 4 centers might be available in the last first/early second rounds of the draft.
May want to check out the right handed shooting d-men for our first round pick...

Nikita Sherbak (He could fall. He plays some center too.)
Josh Ho-Sang
Brendan Lemieux (I like him long term. Good stats in the OHL. Has a college commitment and good bloodlines)

Old
01-15-2014, 09:47 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
Kurker leaving BU, going to USHL....
Here's a link

Not ideal having a sophmore head down to the USHL but sounds like the BU program is in disarray.

Maybe he's better off getting away from there.

Old
01-15-2014, 10:03 AM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
May want to check out the right handed shooting d-men for our first round pick...

Josh Ho-Sang
Brendan Lemieux (I like him long term. Good stats in the OHL. Has a college commitment and good bloodlines)
Lemieux's stock has fallen precipitously since the 2012-13 season when he was a hugely touted player coming out of midget after committing to North Dakota as a 15-year old and then signing a tender with Green Bay of the USHL. But then he abruptly left the USHL for the OHL shortly after the 2012-13 regular season started. He was a huge meathead in my viewings of him at the USHL Fall Classic in 2012 with poor hands and hockey sense. In just a month he had developed a bad reputation and bolted for the O in November of 2012. Aside from potential character issues, his junior stats are actually pretty awful for a former top prospect and I don't see him as type of player the Blues would covet.

Old
01-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:

Josh Ho-Sang
Good point, I'll have to keep my eye on all the RHD .

Ho-Sang was touted as a top 5 pick a couple years ago, anyone know why his stock has fallen since then?

Sherbak is interesting too, I'll try and watch for him tonight as well.

Old
01-15-2014, 01:01 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
Lemieux's stock has fallen precipitously since the 2012-13 season when he was a hugely touted player coming out of midget after committing to North Dakota as a 15-year old and then signing a tender with Green Bay of the USHL. But then he abruptly left the USHL for the OHL shortly after the 2012-13 regular season started. He was a huge meathead in my viewings of him at the USHL Fall Classic in 2012 with poor hands and hockey sense. In just a month he had developed a bad reputation and bolted for the O in November of 2012. Aside from potential character issues, his junior stats are actually pretty awful for a former top prospect and I don't see him as type of player the Blues would covet.
I think he would be worth a late flyer on. I should've been more specific. Aside from his issues (Being Claude's kid), he may be worth a flyer in the 4th round. He may turnaround after a reality check. I don't see him as a high pick. Someone who will fall. He's playing top six at 17.

Old
01-16-2014, 12:08 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Just got back from the Top Prospects Game.

Best players:
Sam Reinhart - He's got #1 center written all over him.
Michael Dal Colle - Terrific shot and good offensive instincts.
Aaron Ekblad - Solid defender, not flashy, but plays well on both ends.
Jake Virtanen - Good 2 way player, quick release too.
Haydn Fleury - Guy's a monster, he was trucking people all night long and his skating is pretty solid.
Nikolay Goldobin - Great hands and a pure offensive threat.
Joshua Ho Sang - Nice hands and made a sneaky drop pass that lead to the GWG.

Not very impressive players:
Daniel Audette - Small and easily pressured off the puck, tried some risky plays that simply weren't there, was terrible tonight.
Chase De Leo - Nothing about his game impressed me, isn't really noticeable when he's on the ice.
Draisatl was pretty invisible in the 2nd/3rd as well.

Last edited by Oberyn: 01-16-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old
01-16-2014, 11:57 AM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
I think he would be worth a late flyer on. I should've been more specific. Aside from his issues (Being Claude's kid), he may be worth a flyer in the 4th round. He may turnaround after a reality check. I don't see him as a high pick. Someone who will fall. He's playing top six at 17.
We'll see. He just doesn't seem like he possesses the types of attributes the Blues target.

Old
01-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
We'll see. He just doesn't seem like he possesses the types of attributes the Blues target.
For what it's worth, I thought Lemieux had a solid showing last night. He was definitely getting under the skin of several of his opponents.

Old
01-16-2014, 12:35 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
For what it's worth, I thought Lemieux had a solid showing last night. He was definitely getting under the skin of several of his opponents.
Yes, I've seen that in person. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in that regard.

Old
01-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Frenzy1

Carrier put up a couple of assists last night - hope he can start producing now.
Porchiero had a 2 point night on Saturday.
Vannelli - an assist in 1 game of action over the weekend.

Parayko - 1 goal, 2 assist this weekend
Schmaltz - 1 assist

Parayko may be our most under rated prospect - 16 points in 24 games. He had 17 in 33 last year. That is pretty good. 6'4" is great size. Shoot - maybe the most interesting.

Honestly, outside of Rattie and Jaskin - I am not too hot about our forwards. I was hoping Carrier would have better numbers - but he did look pretty good at traverse city. I don't know if Porcheiro was expected to be a top 6 or more of a bottom 6 guy.

On the d side, I think we have quite a bit. Parayko, Vannelli, Schmaltz... To go w/ Edmundson, Haanapka (sp) Shields. I would love to get our european posters thoughts on Saari and Lindbohm.

Last edited by Frenzy1: 01-20-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old
01-20-2014, 02:44 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Anyone have a quick list of where each of our major prospects not yet in the AHL is expected to play next year?

Old
01-20-2014, 03:51 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
Carrier put up a couple of assists last night - hope he can start producing now.

Schmaltz - 1 assist

Parayko may be our most under rated prospect - 16 points in 24 games. He had 17 in 33 last year. That is pretty good. 6'4" is great size. Shoot - maybe the most interesting.

Honestly, outside of Rattie and Jaskin - I am not too hot about our forwards. I was hoping Carrier would have better numbers - but he did look pretty good at traverse city. I don't know if Porcheiro was expected to be a top 6 or more of a bottom 6 guy.

On the d side, I think we have quite a bit. Parayko, Vannelli, Schmaltz... To go w/ Edmundson, Haanapka (sp) Shields. I would love to get our european posters thoughts on Saari and Lindbohm.
I have asked about both from time to time.

Saari as no stats are available for the league he is in Kiekko Vantaa in Mestis. He is just a solid stay at home d-man showing little offense. Doesn't say much that he was left off the junior team. Sounds as though Lindbohm is a stay at home guy as well that plays with an edge.

I agree on the forwards....not a great showing outside of MacEachern having a decent freshman year. Need our picks to replenish some forward depth....after we draft a righthanded defenseman in the first round...

Old
01-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
I have asked about both from time to time.

Saari as no stats are available for the league he is in Kiekko Vantaa in Mestis. He is just a solid stay at home d-man showing little offense. Doesn't say much that he was left off the junior team. Sounds as though Lindbohm is a stay at home guy as well that plays with an edge.

I agree on the forwards....not a great showing outside of MacEachern having a decent freshman year. Need our picks to replenish some forward depth....after we draft a righthanded defenseman in the first round...
I've always liked the MacEachern pick, but I never really understood why to be honest. You said he was having a decent year, have you seen him play? Or are you just basing your statement off his stat sheet? I want to know how he's doing because he seems to be a forgotten prospect on this board.

Old
01-20-2014, 07:24 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I've always liked the MacEachern pick, but I never really understood why to be honest. You said he was having a decent year, have you seen him play? Or are you just basing your statement off his stat sheet? I want to know how he's doing because he seems to be a forgotten prospect on this board.
There have been a number of write ups on him on Michigan State sites. I watched the Penn State Michigan State game this weekend. He looked good and played big and fast. He was on their power play unit and saw lots of ice time. I was surprised as good of a program as they have and that he is a freshman that he played as much as he did. He continued to play even though up by a goal trying to hold onto their lead. Lots of trust for a young player.

If Gardiner played, I have no idea. Never heard his name that I remember at all.

Old
01-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post

Schmaltz - 1 assist

I'm not too worried about Carrier. I'd like to see his production go way up. But, I think he'll be a fine power forward in The NHL. He's got a lot of work to do. But, I think there's a good chance he'll get it done.

Old
01-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Good point, I'll have to keep my eye on all the RHD .

Ho-Sang was touted as a top 5 pick a couple years ago, anyone know why his stock has fallen since then?

Sherbak is interesting too, I'll try and watch for him tonight as well.
Ho-Sang has dropped because the guy has severe attitude problems. People question his involvement in hockey and whether he's taking it seriously or not. Simply put; He's a party lover.

Old
01-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Steve Doan
RIP Oscar

Schmaltz and UND are playing on CBS Sports Network vs Denver tonight

"It is self-evident that St. Louis affected me more deeply than any other environment has ever done. I feel that there is something in having passed one's childhood beside the big river, which is incommunicable to those people who have not. I consider myself fortunate to have been born here, rather than in Boston, or New York, or London."- T.S. Eliot
Old
01-25-2014, 08:09 PM
SchwartzBluesFirst

Corey Pronman
‏@coreypronman
Scouts have spoken positively about how STL's Jake Allen has looked in the AHL. .934 SV% this month, .925 on the season.

Now if only Halak and Elliott could do this. Jake

Old
01-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Sam Kurker is playing in the USHL now, 4 points in 2 games so that's a start.

Old
01-25-2014, 10:21 PM
rumrokh
No accent?

Quote:
Sam Kurker is playing in the USHL now, 4 points in 2 games so that's a start.
It's weird. In my eyes, he definitely has the tools to become a 15-20 goal banger who doesn't look out of place on either a checking or a scoring line. But last season, he had a ridiculously short leash and got the shaft for linemates because veteran lines were set.
I watched him play several games prior to this season and frequently thought he was one of the best players on the ice with the puck and was fine without the puck, too. Not like Toews or Oshie at North Dakota good, but still good, just rough around the edges. But he just didn't get the bounces or the opportunity to get bounces. For whatever reason, he let the negatives get to him or didn't build on the positives.

I hope it's a Jaskin situation where he just needs a change of venue to show what he can do and grow, but it seems unlikely.

Closed Thread