HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Jonathan Toews vs Henrik Sedin

View Poll Results: Toews or H.Sedin
Toews 104 75.91%
H.Sedin 33 24.09%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-20-2013, 03:53 PM
LSnow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
This is probably true for the regular season but Toews best playoff year absolutely smokes Hanks best already.
So does Dustin Browns, but i dont take as everything.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
The Sedins were heavily sheltered in the offensive zone. This year they were used in the defensive end much more frequently. And they faced the toughest opposition more often. Despite that, they still spent more time in the offensive zone than they did when they WERE protected.. Pretty much exactly what I just said..

Even before they started being "sheltered" by Vigneault, they were among the top-5 forwards in the league at not only even strength scoring, but even strength out-scoring their opponents.

The league's best even strength scorers, Aug. 2010
Yes this was for exactly one year and Erhoff playing with the Sedins helped out both parties quite a bit here.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
So does Dustin Browns, but i dont take as everything.
Look Henrik only beats Toews in his offense peak years, which is 3 years and even then the extra Toews bring to the ice almost makes up that offensive edge, and Toews is only 25 this year.

By any fair apples to apples metric Toews is going to be looked at as the better player, because he simply is.

Old
05-20-2013, 05:01 PM
LSnow

Quote:
Look Henrik only beats Toews in his offense peak years, which is 3 years, and Toews is only 25 this year.

By any fair apples to apples metric Toews is going to be looked at as the better player, because he simply is.
I never said he was worse player now, just that he isnt the better offensive player. And comparing a player who is exiting his prime, to player just entering his is bit stupid.

And i think Toews peaks as a similar player as Zetterberg.

Old
05-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
I never said he was worse player now, just that he isnt the better offensive player. And comparing a player who is exiting his prime, to player just entering his is bit stupid.

And i think Toews peaks as a similar player as Zetterberg.
I would agree with this and add that every player strives for consitency and when we look at Henrik's career those 4 years hurt him even in the "which guy was better offensively" question.

Toews is a .91 PPG player compared to Henrik's .84.

I also think that Zetts has had a better career and is a better player than Henrik

Old
05-20-2013, 05:14 PM
LSnow

Quote:
I would agree with this and add that every player strives for consitency and when we look at Henrik's career those 4 years hurt him even in the "which guy was better offensively" question.

Toews is a .91 PPG player compared to Henrik's .84.

I also think that Zetts has had a better career and is a better player than Henrik
I agree.
But its pretty clear when you watch different players which are their strengths, Kane for example is better offensive player than Toews, it doesnt mean he is better player since there is much more than offensive skills in hockey, and even the better offensive player might not score more points.

Old
05-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Phenomenon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Haha, you're right. My bad.

Toews 106GP 52G 53A 105P 0.99PPG
H. Sedin 130GP 25G 101A 126P 0.97PPG

Regardless, I'll still take Toews pretty easily. No question Henrik was the better player a few years ago, but he's declining. I'd still expect him to be a great, point per game player, but I don't see him being a 90-100+ point player. Toews on the other hand is entering his prime and I think he has the talent to go a bit over point per game in the coming seasons, while providing elite defense.

Toews has been the better player this season and last season.
I respect your decision that you feel Toews and Sedin are roughly the same offensively but I still disagree. As of right now, they are about the same but I highly doubt Toews will ever break the 100 point plateau or even come close to winning the art ross. I may be wrong but this is my opinion and how i see it.

You indicate that Toews will get better and I agree with that. However, Right now Toews has yet to actually produce at the high output that Sedin has already proven. That being said, I believe that Sedin should be considered better for already proving to have the better offensive seasons until Toews proves otherwise.

Toews is the better player overall and I have voted for Toews.

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote