HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos & stl

Old
05-17-2013, 08:50 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

vCash: 500
Bos & stl

to Boston: Kevin Shattenkirk and T.J. Oshie
to St. Louis: Tyler Seguin, Jared Knight, and Johnny Boychuk

I think Seguin will break out, but I don't know if I can see him doing it in Boston under Claude Julien. This would also free up enough space for the Bruins to sign Horton and Rask in the off-season, without having to unload anyone else.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Heck yes.

This is the trade the blues need. Boychuck can take over for shatty and be pretty decent since we already have a plethora of offensive d men, Seguin can break out, and Knight is a soild prospect.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:15 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

yes from St. Louis...or at least from me!
Seguin could be exactly what we need and Boychuk is an ok replacement for Shatty, especially if we keep Leopold as PMD

don't think a lot of Boston fellas like this

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

I'd do it.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Yes from me, Boston says no.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:56 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
yes from St. Louis...or at least from me!
Seguin could be exactly what we need and Boychuk is an ok replacement for Shatty, especially if we keep Leopold as PMD

don't think a lot of Boston fellas like this
Hmm, maybe I overestimated Shattenkirk and Oshie.

Oh well, I still think it would be a good move for Boston. Both Oshie & Shattenkirk and young and I think would fit in Boston well, Oshie with Bergeron & Marchand would be a terrifying line. Shattenkirk should help the Boston power play (at least based off his stats), and I expect a full offseason & training camp to help Hamilton develop enough to replace Boychuk.
Knight could turn into something, but he could bust too. And the salary saved in the trade should allow Boston to keep Horton & Rask, who are both key young players.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:58 AM
actionhank1786

I think i could get behind this.
I've always been a fan of Seguin.

actionhank1786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:10 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Hmm, maybe I overestimated Shattenkirk and Oshie.

Oh well, I still think it would be a good move for Boston. Both Oshie & Shattenkirk and young and I think would fit in Boston well, Oshie with Bergeron & Marchand would be a terrifying line. Shattenkirk should help the Boston power play (at least based off his stats), and I expect a full offseason & training camp to help Hamilton develop enough to replace Boychuk.
Knight could turn into something, but he could bust too. And the salary saved in the trade should allow Boston to keep Horton & Rask, who are both key young players.
I don't even think so, both are great players. its just our need for a #1 center is so desperate that we would deal Shatty and when we got an adequate replacement for him in the same deal its just perfect.
losing Oshie would hurt but we have enough wingers so its ok

so

Seguin (especially his potential) > Oshie
Shatty>Boychuk

take out Knight if you want its a pretty fair deal IMO but its just Seguins potential that makes me think you guys look at him as pretty much untouchable

Old
05-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Good trade for us.

Wouldn't want to see Oshie go though.. Would Perron or Stewart be a solid replacement for him?

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:24 AM
bigbadbruins1

I don't know. purely OFD don't fair well under julien (kaberle, wideman, etc) so I think its a huge risk for the bruins. But since Shattenkirk is already playing in a defensive system I think he may just fit well for the bruins, all though I don't think you'll get Knight out of it too. I think it would be straight up shattenkirk and oshie for seguin and boychuk.
swapping a top 6( maybe top 3) forward in seguin, a top 4 D in boychuck for a top 2 D in Shattenkirk, and a top 6/ top 9 player in Oshie.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:05 AM
weaponomega

Pass from Boston. Lets see how Krug and Bartkowski develop. They'll likely never be as good as Shattenkirk, but its not time to give up on Seguin.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:25 AM
zaYG
Nerevarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
Pass from Boston. Lets see how Krug and Bartkowski develop. They'll likely never be as good as Shattenkirk, but its not time to give up on Seguin.
This is what really holds me back, plus the inclusion of Knight.

If it was a 2 for 2 trade, I would maybe consider it, but I still feel like we have a bunch of offensive D prospects that it isn't really necessary.

zaYG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Numbah4

Tyler had an outstanding soph season. 29G 38A 67 points +34 on a defensive minded team is a helluva season. I remember when 20 year olds got drafted and couldn't play in the NHL yet. This season was a lot more un-even for him and the whole team 48gp 16g 16a 32 pt +23. After watching Thornton blossom once we traded him, I'm very leery of trading Seguin so early in his career. I'm willing to throw him a mulligan for this season because of the lockout. Training camps are pretty important for younger players.

He seems to work hard off the ice. Work-out warrior. Goes to that Gary Roberts Gym. Stays healthy. I don't believe he's ever missed a game because of injury. Scratched for a few his rookie year and missed one when he over-slept last year in Winnipeg

Not a knock on the St. Louis players at all. Love both of them. But, the types of players they might become are a little easier to find than the type of player Seguin might become.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:37 AM
HooliganX2

As a Blues fan I pass. Tyler Seguin has pretty much been a wing since coming to the NHL. The Blues need a center not wing and it's a pretty big risk counting on him to be an impact center in the NHL.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:39 AM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
As a Blues fan I pass. Tyler Seguin has pretty much been a wing since coming to the NHL. The Blues need a center not wing and it's a pretty big risk counting on him to be an impact center in the NHL.
Even if he couldn't make the transition to center, and mind you I would have it done immediately, he would still be an upgrade over Oshie on the wing soon enough. Taking out Knight makes this a true hockey trade.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:41 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
Not a knock on the St. Louis players at all. Love both of them. But, the types of players they might become are a little easier to find than the type of player Seguin might become.
thats completely understandable. value seems fair but Seguin could be a franchise player at some point, Osh and Shatty not

on the other side:

Lucic-Kreijci-Horton
Marchand-Bergy-Oshie

would be a hulluva top-6! probably the most hard-hitting, physical and still very skilled top-6 league wide (not that Seguin is bad right there either)

Old
05-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Toastman

I actually think this is a pretty fair proposal.
But, can the Bruins afford to give up Boychuk without another D coming back ? How is their D depth?

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:48 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
I actually think this is a pretty fair proposal.
But, can the Bruins afford to give up Boychuk without another D coming back ? How is their D depth?
?
Shattenkirk is a defenseman. Or are you being sarcastic? If so, damn it 7 for 23 this month!!

Old
05-17-2013, 11:49 AM
bbfan419

Big no thanks from Boston, Seguin will be a major star in the very near future, he may not have had a great year this year, but you don't give up on young talent like that unless you are getting a young star player back. If you make this deal I guarantee you regret it for many years to come. Remember the Canucks giving up on a guy named Cam Neely.

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 12:56 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I'd do it. It boils down to what Boston thinks of Seguin, honestly. Because TJ Oshie would be no question a beloved Boston 2d liner but can really play on any line and be a catalyst as has marked his whole hockey career. Seguin will likely have a better career than him, but Oshie is a known quantity, you know exactly what you're getting and he'd fit better with the Bruins gritty two-way style than almost any other team.

Shattenkirk is and will be better than Boychuk, so you're upgrading there, also a known outcome. On top of that, Shattenkirk, who played college hockey in Boston, could still become much better the way Seguin could. The risk is whether Seguin will be so good that you look back on such a trade and think you got too little. Mitigating that risk is you're acquiring two known quantities with upside who will fit your team extremely well. The Blues would be taking more risk – if Seguin only replaces Oshie on the wing and can't adapt to center then we're giving up the better defenseman by quite a bit.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:02 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

I'd do it as a blues fan... But he's still not that Jeff Carter like guy who can finish WHICH WE NEED... He's a hell of a player great hands, vision, but not gonna be a consistent 30-35 + goalscorer. still pretty good proposal tho.

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
nmbr_24

If I was the Bruins I might move those guys for Pietrangelo, not this deal though.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:09 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
If I was the Bruins I might move those guys for Pietrangelo, not this deal though.
Pietrangelo is a franchise player. None of Seguin, Shattenkirk, Oshie or the other lesser pieces are. So, if your goal is to make a deal not happen, ask for a franchise player.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
I'd do it as a blues fan... But he's still not that Jeff Carter like guy who can finish WHICH WE NEED... He's a hell of a player great hands, vision, but not gonna be a consistent 30-35 + goalscorer. still pretty good proposal tho.
Seguin had 29 last year and projected to 27 this year over an 82 game season. In his 2nd and 3rd year. Carter scored 23 and 14 as a 21 and 22 year old. Wasn't in the league as a 20 year old like Seguin was last year.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

I think there is potential for a deal between these two teams but I just don't see Boston pulling the trigger on this one. However the Blues do have a ton of talented cost-controlled assets that would fit Bostons style of play and the Boston has several high-end centers so I feel a deal could be worked out here.

I don't think Boston would or should ever trade Bergeron so that leaves Krejci and Seguin. While Seguin has enormous potential you can't discount Krejci's consistency + what he is doing in these playoffs but if there was ever a time to sell Krejci high this years draft would be the time.

So B's fans what would you want for Krejci at the draft? The only pieces I would say are completely off the table would be Pietrangelo and Backes

Blanick is offline   Reply With Quote