HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-Fla

Old
05-18-2013, 04:43 AM
DontToewzMeBro

vCash: 500
Chi-Fla

To Florida
-Teravainen
-Leddy
-1st,3rd

To Chi
-2nd overall

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:08 AM
florida pwnthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
To Florida
-Teravainen
-Leddy
-1st,3rd

To Chi
-2nd overall
why would florida do this?

MacKinnon is worth more than all of them.

florida pwnthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 05:24 AM
Laus723
Future Now

...no

05-18-2013, 05:37 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

How about no?

2nd overall is untouchable.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:34 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Wait, Hawks are rebuilding? This is news to me.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Beezeral

Please try and rationalize this from florida's perspective

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
To Florida
-Teravainen
-Leddy
-1st,3rd

To Chi
-2nd overall
Not a chance.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 07:58 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Not a chance in holy .. heck that Florida does this.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Sarava

He got this one from Hockeybuzz. The Blackhawks blogger, John Jaeckel, has claimed for a couple of months now that Dale Tallon wants Teuvo Teravainen badly and that there were some discussions (before it was determined they had the #2 pick) for a trade around Florida's top pick.

Nick Leddy is probably going to be a top pairing guy within a couple years. His progress this season has been amazing. And Teuvo Teravainen is a top 15 NHL prospect.

Nick Leddy is an amazing puck mover...certainly the best of the Hawks d-men. There's been some worries the Hawks might have trouble getting Leddy re-signed due to rumored problems with his agent (from the contract talks last summer for Ryan Suter). The Hawks happen to have another puck mover in the system who had an amazing pro debut this past year in Adam Clendening - opening up the slight possibility that Leddy might be dealt if contract talks hit a snag.

Personally I don't deal Leddy if I'm the Hawks...players like him don't grow on trees.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
He got this one from Hockeybuzz. The Blackhawks blogger, John Jaeckel, has claimed for a couple of months now that Dale Tallon wants Teuvo Teravainen badly and that there were some discussions (before it was determined they had the #2 pick) for a trade around Florida's top pick.

Nick Leddy is probably going to be a top pairing guy within a couple years. His progress this season has been amazing. And Teuvo Teravainen is a top 15 NHL prospect.

Nick Leddy is an amazing puck mover...certainly the best of the Hawks d-men. There's been some worries the Hawks might have trouble getting Leddy re-signed due to rumored problems with his agent (from the contract talks last summer for Ryan Suter). The Hawks happen to have another puck mover in the system who had an amazing pro debut this past year in Adam Clendening - opening up the slight possibility that Leddy might be dealt if contract talks hit a snag.

Personally I don't deal Leddy if I'm the Hawks...players like him don't grow on trees.
I saw tht article. It mentioned tallon owed the Blackhawks a favor. Tht was all I needed to stop reading.
Keep dreaming if you think you can acquire Nathan mackinnon for leddy and an undersized center who was drafted at 18 last year.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Sarava

Well I'm not dreaming...I wouldn't do this deal as I said.

Regardless - I never saw anything about Tallon owing the Hawks a favor in the 2 articles JJ has brought this up. I think you read something else.

Old
05-18-2013, 08:37 AM
BigMacJokinen

Quote:
And Teuvo Teravainen is a top 15 NHL prospect.
TOP15 prospect in the NHL even if he was drafted 18th overall last year? Not even close.

Keep dreaming but you won't get a potential superstar with quantity trades. Only in video games..

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 09:59 AM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
To Florida
-Teravainen
-Leddy
-1st,3rd

To Chi
-2nd overall
It's pretty easy to gauge the value of this trade. The 'Hawks landed Kane and Toews with top three picks, so that's what you're asking Florida to potentially give up.

If that package is so valuable for the 2nd overall, why don't the 'Hawks keep it and trade Toews or Kane for the 2nd overall instead.

No? Didn't think so. Don't know why Florida would feel any different.

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
To Florida
-Teravainen
-Leddy
-1st,3rd

To Chi
-2nd overall
No way....

Tallon would take that and run to the bank...

Furthermore a 2nd overall pick will walk into the league with a 3.75 per cap hit. Leddy is coming off his ELC at 1.1 per and he will probably get 2.2 on his next contract which is a bargain. TT will walk into the league with a 1.1 ELC and that will be good for 3-years.

The Hawks will get more bang for their buck and depth with Leddy, TT - not to mention the picks.

The Hawks are a contending team in a good financial position right now - no need to derail that train by trading good young players and picks (our depth) for a guy that could put the Hawks in cap hell again a few years down the road.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns View Post
It's pretty easy to gauge the value of this trade. The 'Hawks landed Kane and Toews with top three picks, so that's what you're asking Florida to potentially give up.

If that package is so valuable for the 2nd overall, why don't the 'Hawks keep it and trade Toews or Kane for the 2nd overall instead.

They also landed Cam Barker with the 3rd overall pick. So Dale knows how it can land a franchise player, or it can land worthless garbage.

I think we all agree this trade is bad for both sides.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:

I wouldn't go that far. The draft is still a crapshoot no matter where a team drafts. The odds are better that a top pick will pan out and be a successful NHL player weather that player lives up to their potential or not that player will play a role on their team.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen View Post
TOP15 prospect in the NHL even if he was drafted 18th overall last year? Not even close.

Keep dreaming but you won't get a potential superstar with quantity trades. Only in video games..
TT has the tools to be a Patrick Kane clone. TT is a surefire top 6 forward. IMO, he could potentially be playing in Chicago as soon as next season, if not certainly 2015, but you can bet the bank the Hawks will take a good look at him in August and September.

TT's potential and offensive upside is not enough to justify a trade, especially now and definitely not as a "throw in" in a trade for a pick.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:30 AM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
They also landed Cam Barker with the 3rd overall pick. So Dale knows how it can land a franchise player, or it can land worthless garbage.

I think we all agree this trade is bad for both sides.
I don't agree at all. I think this would be a fantastic steal for the 'Hawks.

Of course if your evaluations of Nathan MacKinnon have you weighting him towards a Cam Barker-type talent level then you don't make this trade, but I have a much much higher opinion of MacKinnon's talent level.

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Sarava

Quote:
I don't agree at all. I think this would be a fantastic steal for the 'Hawks.

Of course if your evaluations of Nathan MacKinnon have you weighting him towards a Cam Barker-type talent level then you don't make this trade, but I have a much much higher opinion of MacKinnon's talent level.
Oh I agree that he's a great prospect. But you have to look at where the Hawks are as a team. They won the President's trophy and are making a run at the Cup as we speak. Nick Leddy is a huge part of that. Probably a much bigger part than fans outside of Chicago realize.

This proposed trade takes away the team's best PMD. It also disrupts the biggest improvement from last year to this year - the team's defensive depth. It makes the Hawks a worse team and less of a cup contender. Even if the straight value says otherwise.

Old
05-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Terrible trade for Hawks

And with Kulikov in Florida they would have no need for Leddy

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:51 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Terrible trade for Hawks

It's an even worse deal for Florida.

Time for this thread to get euthanized.

angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:54 AM
VoicexOfxReason
you cant do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Terrible trade for Hawks

Sure they do. Leddy would be unbelievably perfect to play with Gudbranson, and with Campbell-Kulikov on the top pairing they suddenly have one of the best top-4 dcores in the East.

I think Chicago would have to add Saad to get Florida to bite though. And that's not very likely now is it. Adding MacKinnon to Chicago's top-6 is literally the best scenario for a prospect of that caliber, and puts him square in a position to succeed. Florida suddenly would have an embarrassment of riches in terms of prospects--as if they didn't already lol.

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 10:58 AM
WTFMAN99

Seen a few AHL games, and been watching Chicago, love Leddy's offensive game....I think his defensive game holds him back from a mega deal. He's a 4-4.5 mill guy after that you start to feel like maybe you're getting ripped off.

WTFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:11 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
No way....

Tallon would take that and run to the bank...

Furthermore a 2nd overall pick will walk into the league with a 3.75 per cap hit. Leddy is coming off his ELC at 1.1 per and he will probably get 2.2 on his next contract which is a bargain. TT will walk into the league with a 1.1 ELC and that will be good for 3-years.

The Hawks will get more bang for their buck and depth with Leddy, TT - not to mention the picks.

The Hawks are a contending team in a good financial position right now - no need to derail that train by trading good young players and picks (our depth) for a guy that could put the Hawks in cap hell again a few years down the road.
Florida has the best prospectpool and dont need the quantity. We need the quality and non of those assets are Even close to MacKinnon. Not even the package..

We are keeping the pick and you can keep your "quality" assets.

Last edited by spiny norman: 05-19-2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: not needed
AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:37 PM
bludhavenHawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Please try and rationalize this from florida's perspective
Please try and rationalize this from Chicago's perspective.

I think this is one of those proposal that makes NO SENSE for either side. With this said, I wouldn't make this trade if I was the Blackhawks, because you are giving up too many assets for ONE player, no matter how good said player.

bludhavenHawks is offline   Reply With Quote