HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 8.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
One guy who I haven't read much about on here is Justin Bailey. Apparently he had some injury problems this past season but if you're looking to increase size and skill at centre, he'd be a good candidate to consider. Really don't know that much about the guy but wondering who would be the better guy to choose, Gauthier or Bailey. Hmmm....
Bailey. Seems like he has a higher ceiling and can become a top offensive player if he puts all the pieces together. Really intriguing prospect. I would select him with our second rounder.

Old
05-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Given what Diaby and Morin are and how every team is looking for them, I doubt either one falls to our own 2nd round pick.

Also, I don't really want to trade any picks, unless a prospect falls that's clearly above the rest.

There's always players going higher than expect, so someone good will fall to us. Collberg last year and Beaulieu the year before.
I agree. A guy that will be projected just outside the top 15 will fall to us for sure. There just isn't enough room for all the top guys to fit before our pick. That combined with a few GM's going completely off the board.

Old
05-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

From what I see of Bailey he will be a really good player. He seems big and it looks like he distributes the puck really well combined with the fact that he drives the net.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:18 PM
L4br3cqu3
U mad ?

vCash: 905
I don't know if I can share this link or not, but this guy has an awful lot of highlights videos about next draft, definitely worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...bD34LL5oaecUxJ

Old
05-26-2013, 12:30 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Bailey. Seems like he has a higher ceiling and can become a top offensive player if he puts all the pieces together. Really intriguing prospect. I would select him with our second rounder.
Seems like a definite candidate for Habs 2nd rounder if he's there. Not a lot not to like about this guy from what little I know about him.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
From what I see of Bailey he will be a really good player. He seems big and it looks like he distributes the puck really well combined with the fact that he drives the net.
Just to show that opinions can be so different. And neither of us are right or wrong....just having opinions. But as of now, my Not to draft list will be fairly short this year and Bailey will be on it. So it might mean that Timmins will in fact draft him....which should make you and others happy....

I just don't like the stride, don't like his hockey IQ, don't like his whole demeanour on the ice, attention to details, there's just too many things for me. Way too passive, really bad playoffs etc....So in the end, it's just about how they portray him for the future...he gets ALL of that and he's a freakin steal. Might happen. I don't see it. And I will for sure prefer other players than him at our picks.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just to show that opinions can be so different. And neither of us are right or wrong....just having opinions. But as of now, my Not to draft list will be fairly short this year and Bailey will be on it. So it might mean that Timmins will in fact draft him....which should make you and others happy....

I just don't like the stride, don't like his hockey IQ, don't like his whole demeanour on the ice, attention to details, there's just too many things for me. Way too passive, really bad playoffs etc....So in the end, it's just about how they portray him for the future...he gets ALL of that and he's a freakin steal. Might happen. I don't see it. And I will for sure prefer other players than him at our picks.
Yea I can understand what you are saying. From the little I saw in the highlight video that is what I saw but thats about it. For some reason he makes me think of Boo Nieves. Honestly, if there is a guy that is there that has more pure skill then him we should pick him. Its just so hard to tell this year who is going to drop. In the last years it was pretty clear where most players would be drafted but from about the bottom part of the 1rst to the middle of the second it is anyone's guess who goes where.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I also wouldn't be completely opposed to drafting Gauthier it is just that his skating is really awkward from what I can see. But if he works on that and his shooting, and puts all the tools together he can become a premier number 1 center, more realistically a number 2 and at worst (which would be for sure his spot in the NHL) a 3rd liner.

I am just not sure if I would pick him over some guys who have a much higher skill set like Mantha or Zykov. In all honesty I really hope Mantha slides down to us.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Bailey is not consistent shift to shift.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:46 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Given what Diaby and Morin are and how every team is looking for them, I doubt either one falls to our own 2nd round pick.
I've been saying for a long time that Diaby won't make it to Habs last 2nd rounder (54?) and I still maintain that. That's why if Habs want him (and I do) Timmins will have to take him at 36 which I don't see happening. I'd bet right now $10 to a bag of stale doughnuts that Boston jumps on him and he becomes a Bruin this draft, and won't THAT be fun.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
I also wouldn't be completely opposed to drafting Gauthier it is just that his skating is really awkward from what I can see. But if he works on that and his shooting, and puts all the tools together he can become a premier number 1 center, more realistically a number 2 and at worst (which would be for sure his spot in the NHL) a 3rd liner.

I am just not sure if I would pick him over some guys who have a much higher skill set like Mantha or Zykov. In all honesty I really hope Mantha slides down to us.
Im hoping for Mantha myself, he reminds me of Pacioretty, but with a better shot. Zykov is my guess on a faller to our nashville pick. If we score both that would make for a great draft.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Bailey is not consistent shift to shift.
With that in mind we should take him with our 2nd, 2nd round pick. He might be gone before that however.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Im hoping for Mantha myself, he reminds me of Pacioretty, but with a better shot. Zykov is my guess on a faller to our nashville pick. If we score both that would make for a great draft.
That would be incredible. We would get two big body guys that can score and have good speed. If even one of them pans out we have at worst a solid 3rd liner with size.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:11 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
I've been saying for a long time that Diaby won't make it to Habs last 2nd rounder (54?) and I still maintain that. That's why if Habs want him (and I do) Timmins will have to take him at 36 which I don't see happening. I'd bet right now $10 to a bag of stale doughnuts that Boston jumps on him and he becomes a Bruin this draft, and won't THAT be fun.
They don't have have a first rounder and our late second rounder is before theirs

Old
05-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Diaby would also be a solid pick up. We really don't have anyone like him other than Tinordi and to a certain extent Emelin. I would pick him with our Nashville pick for sure.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:27 PM
SnapVirus

I have a question for ya'll experts. If you had the 7th pick overall. Who would you take between Sean Monahan and Max Domi? Who has the best potential to be a NHL player. Who has the best offensive potential? Well, whos the best? I see Monahan going before on everyone's draft list, but Domi had an amazing memorial cup run and he's younger, by almost a year. Your thoughts?

Old
05-26-2013, 01:29 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
I have a question for ya'll experts. If you had the 7th pick overall. Who would you take between Sean Monahan and Max Domi? Who has the best potential to be a NHL player. Who has the best offensive potential? Well, whos the best? I see Monahan going before on everyone's draft list, but Domi had an amazing memorial cup run and he's younger, by almost a year. Your thoughts?
Monahan he is the bigger and more complete player also IMO also the better player.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

Quote:
For me, and I like Domi, but it's Monahan. I think that amongst the 2, he has the purest natural talent of the 2, isn't afraid to to play the body, and is more a pure scorer than Domi is who mostly score his goals on hard work.

When all is said and done....I could envision Monahan easily on the top 6 while there's a strong possibility that Domi ends up being a really really good...3rd liner. The only place Domi has an advantage over Monahan is his skating. Monahan isn't bad...but he'll have to work it out but it's not dramatic. But Domi is explosive. Domi do have some top 6 in him yet, you make me want to pick....so that's my pick.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:35 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For me, and I like Domi, but it's Monahan. I think that amongst the 2, he has the purest natural talent of the 2, isn't afraid to to play the body, and is more a pure scorer than Domi is who mostly score his goals on hard work.

When all is said and done....I could envision Monahan easily on the top 6 while there's a strong possibility that Domi ends up being a really really good...3rd liner. The only place Domi has an advantage over Monahan is his skating. Monahan isn't bad...but he'll have to work it out but it's not dramatic. But Domi is explosive. Domi do have some top 6 in him yet, you make me want to pick....so that's my pick.
Domi IMHO also has the better hands

Old
05-26-2013, 01:38 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Anybody here know anything about Artturi Lehkonen his stats are pretty good 30 points in 45 games in finlands top league

Old
05-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Domi IMHO also has the better hands
I can't agree. At best, it's similar. Just my opinion though.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Anybody here know anything about Artturi Lehkonen his stats are pretty good 30 points in 45 games in finlands top league
Had a good WJ I think. Projected to go in the mid second round. A little undersized but has a lot of skill.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Monahan for me. He is more complete and will certainly become at worst a number 2 center in the NHL. Like others have said Domi has a higher risk of not reaching his potential.

I see Domi as a Steve Ott type of player.

Old
05-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Quote:
Our own 2nd rounder will be a few picks before the Bruins first pick of the draft late in round 2, so no need to worry.

Edit: Too late with this response!

It does feel re-assuring to know we'll pick 4 times before them. Also will have made 5 selections by the time Ottawa makes their 2nd.

As for Lehkonen, he was apparently concussed twice this season and isn't a ROCKET on skates despite being small. I would not take him at 34 or 36 as a result.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
We'll pick before Boston, but wouldn't surprise me to see them trade up and take him.

Just look at McIlrath. He was projected to be around our pick, but the Rangers took him 10th overall.

On the flip side, if someone does take Morin, or Diaby (or both) in the 1st, or late 2nd it means someone has fallen. We could really benefit.

Closed Thread