HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 8.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2013, 11:49 AM
  #651
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
One guy who I haven't read much about on here is Justin Bailey. Apparently he had some injury problems this past season but if you're looking to increase size and skill at centre, he'd be a good candidate to consider. Really don't know that much about the guy but wondering who would be the better guy to choose, Gauthier or Bailey. Hmmm....
Bailey. Seems like he has a higher ceiling and can become a top offensive player if he puts all the pieces together. Really intriguing prospect. I would select him with our second rounder.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 11:51 AM
  #652
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Given what Diaby and Morin are and how every team is looking for them, I doubt either one falls to our own 2nd round pick.

Also, I don't really want to trade any picks, unless a prospect falls that's clearly above the rest.

There's always players going higher than expect, so someone good will fall to us. Collberg last year and Beaulieu the year before.
I agree. A guy that will be projected just outside the top 15 will fall to us for sure. There just isn't enough room for all the top guys to fit before our pick. That combined with a few GM's going completely off the board.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 11:57 AM
  #653
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
From what I see of Bailey he will be a really good player. He seems big and it looks like he distributes the puck really well combined with the fact that he drives the net.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:18 PM
  #654
L4br3cqu3
U mad ?
 
L4br3cqu3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,744
vCash: 905
I don't know if I can share this link or not, but this guy has an awful lot of highlights videos about next draft, definitely worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...bD34LL5oaecUxJ

L4br3cqu3 is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:30 PM
  #655
FisherKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Bailey. Seems like he has a higher ceiling and can become a top offensive player if he puts all the pieces together. Really intriguing prospect. I would select him with our second rounder.
Seems like a definite candidate for Habs 2nd rounder if he's there. Not a lot not to like about this guy from what little I know about him.

FisherKing is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:33 PM
  #656
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,553
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
From what I see of Bailey he will be a really good player. He seems big and it looks like he distributes the puck really well combined with the fact that he drives the net.
Just to show that opinions can be so different. And neither of us are right or wrong....just having opinions. But as of now, my Not to draft list will be fairly short this year and Bailey will be on it. So it might mean that Timmins will in fact draft him....which should make you and others happy....

I just don't like the stride, don't like his hockey IQ, don't like his whole demeanour on the ice, attention to details, there's just too many things for me. Way too passive, really bad playoffs etc....So in the end, it's just about how they portray him for the future...he gets ALL of that and he's a freakin steal. Might happen. I don't see it. And I will for sure prefer other players than him at our picks.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:39 PM
  #657
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just to show that opinions can be so different. And neither of us are right or wrong....just having opinions. But as of now, my Not to draft list will be fairly short this year and Bailey will be on it. So it might mean that Timmins will in fact draft him....which should make you and others happy....

I just don't like the stride, don't like his hockey IQ, don't like his whole demeanour on the ice, attention to details, there's just too many things for me. Way too passive, really bad playoffs etc....So in the end, it's just about how they portray him for the future...he gets ALL of that and he's a freakin steal. Might happen. I don't see it. And I will for sure prefer other players than him at our picks.
Yea I can understand what you are saying. From the little I saw in the highlight video that is what I saw but thats about it. For some reason he makes me think of Boo Nieves. Honestly, if there is a guy that is there that has more pure skill then him we should pick him. Its just so hard to tell this year who is going to drop. In the last years it was pretty clear where most players would be drafted but from about the bottom part of the 1rst to the middle of the second it is anyone's guess who goes where.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:43 PM
  #658
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
I also wouldn't be completely opposed to drafting Gauthier it is just that his skating is really awkward from what I can see. But if he works on that and his shooting, and puts all the tools together he can become a premier number 1 center, more realistically a number 2 and at worst (which would be for sure his spot in the NHL) a 3rd liner.

I am just not sure if I would pick him over some guys who have a much higher skill set like Mantha or Zykov. In all honesty I really hope Mantha slides down to us.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:43 PM
  #659
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,174
vCash: 500
Bailey is not consistent shift to shift.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:46 PM
  #660
FisherKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Given what Diaby and Morin are and how every team is looking for them, I doubt either one falls to our own 2nd round pick.
I've been saying for a long time that Diaby won't make it to Habs last 2nd rounder (54?) and I still maintain that. That's why if Habs want him (and I do) Timmins will have to take him at 36 which I don't see happening. I'd bet right now $10 to a bag of stale doughnuts that Boston jumps on him and he becomes a Bruin this draft, and won't THAT be fun.

FisherKing is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:50 PM
  #661
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I also wouldn't be completely opposed to drafting Gauthier it is just that his skating is really awkward from what I can see. But if he works on that and his shooting, and puts all the tools together he can become a premier number 1 center, more realistically a number 2 and at worst (which would be for sure his spot in the NHL) a 3rd liner.

I am just not sure if I would pick him over some guys who have a much higher skill set like Mantha or Zykov. In all honesty I really hope Mantha slides down to us.
Im hoping for Mantha myself, he reminds me of Pacioretty, but with a better shot. Zykov is my guess on a faller to our nashville pick. If we score both that would make for a great draft.

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 12:58 PM
  #662
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Bailey is not consistent shift to shift.
With that in mind we should take him with our 2nd, 2nd round pick. He might be gone before that however.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:06 PM
  #663
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Im hoping for Mantha myself, he reminds me of Pacioretty, but with a better shot. Zykov is my guess on a faller to our nashville pick. If we score both that would make for a great draft.
That would be incredible. We would get two big body guys that can score and have good speed. If even one of them pans out we have at worst a solid 3rd liner with size.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:11 PM
  #664
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I've been saying for a long time that Diaby won't make it to Habs last 2nd rounder (54?) and I still maintain that. That's why if Habs want him (and I do) Timmins will have to take him at 36 which I don't see happening. I'd bet right now $10 to a bag of stale doughnuts that Boston jumps on him and he becomes a Bruin this draft, and won't THAT be fun.
They don't have have a first rounder and our late second rounder is before theirs

PricerStopDaPuck is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:14 PM
  #665
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I've been saying for a long time that Diaby won't make it to Habs last 2nd rounder (54?) and I still maintain that. That's why if Habs want him (and I do) Timmins will have to take him at 36 which I don't see happening. I'd bet right now $10 to a bag of stale doughnuts that Boston jumps on him and he becomes a Bruin this draft, and won't THAT be fun.
Diaby would also be a solid pick up. We really don't have anyone like him other than Tinordi and to a certain extent Emelin. I would pick him with our Nashville pick for sure.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:27 PM
  #666
SnapVirus
Registered User
 
SnapVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mtl., QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
I have a question for ya'll experts. If you had the 7th pick overall. Who would you take between Sean Monahan and Max Domi? Who has the best potential to be a NHL player. Who has the best offensive potential? Well, whos the best? I see Monahan going before on everyone's draft list, but Domi had an amazing memorial cup run and he's younger, by almost a year. Your thoughts?

SnapVirus is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:29 PM
  #667
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
I have a question for ya'll experts. If you had the 7th pick overall. Who would you take between Sean Monahan and Max Domi? Who has the best potential to be a NHL player. Who has the best offensive potential? Well, whos the best? I see Monahan going before on everyone's draft list, but Domi had an amazing memorial cup run and he's younger, by almost a year. Your thoughts?
Monahan he is the bigger and more complete player also IMO also the better player.

PricerStopDaPuck is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:34 PM
  #668
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,553
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
I have a question for ya'll experts. If you had the 7th pick overall. Who would you take between Sean Monahan and Max Domi? Who has the best potential to be a NHL player. Who has the best offensive potential? Well, whos the best? I see Monahan going before on everyone's draft list, but Domi had an amazing memorial cup run and he's younger, by almost a year. Your thoughts?
For me, and I like Domi, but it's Monahan. I think that amongst the 2, he has the purest natural talent of the 2, isn't afraid to to play the body, and is more a pure scorer than Domi is who mostly score his goals on hard work.

When all is said and done....I could envision Monahan easily on the top 6 while there's a strong possibility that Domi ends up being a really really good...3rd liner. The only place Domi has an advantage over Monahan is his skating. Monahan isn't bad...but he'll have to work it out but it's not dramatic. But Domi is explosive. Domi do have some top 6 in him yet, you make me want to pick....so that's my pick.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:35 PM
  #669
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For me, and I like Domi, but it's Monahan. I think that amongst the 2, he has the purest natural talent of the 2, isn't afraid to to play the body, and is more a pure scorer than Domi is who mostly score his goals on hard work.

When all is said and done....I could envision Monahan easily on the top 6 while there's a strong possibility that Domi ends up being a really really good...3rd liner. The only place Domi has an advantage over Monahan is his skating. Monahan isn't bad...but he'll have to work it out but it's not dramatic. But Domi is explosive. Domi do have some top 6 in him yet, you make me want to pick....so that's my pick.
Domi IMHO also has the better hands

PricerStopDaPuck is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:38 PM
  #670
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 500
Anybody here know anything about Artturi Lehkonen his stats are pretty good 30 points in 45 games in finlands top league

PricerStopDaPuck is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:42 PM
  #671
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,553
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Domi IMHO also has the better hands
I can't agree. At best, it's similar. Just my opinion though.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:50 PM
  #672
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Anybody here know anything about Artturi Lehkonen his stats are pretty good 30 points in 45 games in finlands top league
Had a good WJ I think. Projected to go in the mid second round. A little undersized but has a lot of skill.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:55 PM
  #673
Richiebottles
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 15,168
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
I have a question for ya'll experts. If you had the 7th pick overall. Who would you take between Sean Monahan and Max Domi? Who has the best potential to be a NHL player. Who has the best offensive potential? Well, whos the best? I see Monahan going before on everyone's draft list, but Domi had an amazing memorial cup run and he's younger, by almost a year. Your thoughts?
Monahan for me. He is more complete and will certainly become at worst a number 2 center in the NHL. Like others have said Domi has a higher risk of not reaching his potential.

I see Domi as a Steve Ott type of player.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 01:58 PM
  #674
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 66,425
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I've been saying for a long time that Diaby won't make it to Habs last 2nd rounder (54?) and I still maintain that. That's why if Habs want him (and I do) Timmins will have to take him at 36 which I don't see happening. I'd bet right now $10 to a bag of stale doughnuts that Boston jumps on him and he becomes a Bruin this draft, and won't THAT be fun.
Our own 2nd rounder will be a few picks before the Bruins first pick of the draft late in round 2, so no need to worry.

Edit: Too late with this response!

It does feel re-assuring to know we'll pick 4 times before them. Also will have made 5 selections by the time Ottawa makes their 2nd.

As for Lehkonen, he was apparently concussed twice this season and isn't a ROCKET on skates despite being small. I would not take him at 34 or 36 as a result.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 02:02 PM
  #675
Analyzer*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I've been saying for a long time that Diaby won't make it to Habs last 2nd rounder (54?) and I still maintain that. That's why if Habs want him (and I do) Timmins will have to take him at 36 which I don't see happening. I'd bet right now $10 to a bag of stale doughnuts that Boston jumps on him and he becomes a Bruin this draft, and won't THAT be fun.
We'll pick before Boston, but wouldn't surprise me to see them trade up and take him.

Just look at McIlrath. He was projected to be around our pick, but the Rangers took him 10th overall.

On the flip side, if someone does take Morin, or Diaby (or both) in the 1st, or late 2nd it means someone has fallen. We could really benefit.

Analyzer* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.