HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Game 3 - WCSF: Blackhawks @ Red Wings | May 20, 2013 | 6:30 PM CT | NBC | CBC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2013, 08:16 PM
  #226
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,137
vCash: 500
Not one guy on this team can stand in front of Howard, not good.

deytookerjaabs is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:16 PM
  #227
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
 
CS85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CS85
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Hawks are just geting beaten by Howard right now. What else can you say.
It's more than Howard. Howard's played a great couple of games, but the Wings are rolling 4 lines. Penalties or no penalties, they're outworking the Hawks in every single aspect, totally neutering their abilities.

Whereas last game was a total lack of effort, this game has been a total lack of composure. There's no solidarity on this roster, just a lot of guys out there for themselves. It's extremely evident.

CS85 is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:16 PM
  #228
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ravenswood
Country: United States
Posts: 8,775
vCash: 500
I wasted my time watching this game when I should have been paying attention during class. Great...

Kurtosis is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:16 PM
  #229
ralph0226
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
Still waiting for quality shots not shots from the perimeter. Same a s last year. What a joke! Built for the regular season not for the playoffs.
Sad but true.

ralph0226 is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:17 PM
  #230
Hammerheart
Now how about a hug?
 
Hammerheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC14 View Post
Playoffs can drive you nuts. Jimmy Howard has been nothing more than an average NHL goalie. Against the Hawks he's suddenly transformed into Hasak. Its a freakin joke.
Above average goalie*

Anybody who knows hockey would know he's better than average.

Hammerheart is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:17 PM
  #231
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Seabrook got absolutely burned on the first (I'm sure you're not surprised). The 2nd goal was just Crawford making 2 stops and the 3rd rebound got knocked in like :30 later.
he didn't get burned, he got back just fine then at 220lbs decided to just wave his stick and do a fly by instead of taking the body.

second goal was a bad turnover by rosi followed by a shot then a second shot then finally the puck got poked across the goal line.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:18 PM
  #232
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Hawks need to come out and dictate play. They're certainly capable of it.
Hawks need to show some will. There's a distinct difference between playing "hard" and having a mindset of "we're NOT going to lose this game". This team is mentally soft and has no edge. Not enough gritty, talented players to drag us through these types of stretches. We're not out by any means, but right now I'd bet against us as we haven't shown much the entire playoffs. About 2 periods in game 1 and 3-4 more the entire Minny series.

zac is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:18 PM
  #233
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Horrendous period from the Hawks.

MTP is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:18 PM
  #234
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,062
vCash: 500
Do the Hawks think they can win without hitting or a good PP unit? It's so pathetic. They need a cheap one right off the hop in the third, or there will be a big game Thursday.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:19 PM
  #235
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
It's more than Howard. Howard's played a great couple of games, but the Wings are rolling 4 lines. Penalties or no penalties, they're outworking the Hawks in every single aspect, totally neutering their abilities.

Whereas last game was a total lack of effort, this game has been a total lack of composure. There's no solidarity on this roster, just a lot of guys out there for themselves. It's extremely evident.
Wings are playing very well for sure but this has been a very even game. The difference is the Hawk turnovers and their failures to clear the d zone when given the chance.

You are just reading into a bunch of **** you have no idea about. Sometimes two good teams play each other and one of them has to lose.

BronYrAur is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:20 PM
  #236
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Why is there NEVER! any net presence on the PP? Really is one of the worst PP schemes on the planet, nothing but none screened shots from the point and passes that don't get though because everyone on the planet knows their coming. I guess putting someone like Bickell and having him plant himself in front of the net is too simplistic for this PP.

Sir Psycho T is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:20 PM
  #237
Gurth
Registered User
 
Gurth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madison
Country: United States
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Hawks are just geting beaten by Howard right now. What else can you say.
They're getting beat by a whole lot more than that. Detroit is getting second and third chances within 5 feet of the net when they only have 2 forwards versus all 5 of our guys.

We get no second chances and the vast majority of our shots are from 20 - 30 feet away.

Gurth is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:20 PM
  #238
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ravenswood
Country: United States
Posts: 8,775
vCash: 500
It is pretty amazing how soft this team is (and I am not just talking physically). Maybe they would have been better served not coasting through the regular season and actually facing some adversity like the Red Wings did.

Kurtosis is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:21 PM
  #239
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Seabrook got absolutely burned on the first (I'm sure you're not surprised). The 2nd goal was just Crawford making 2 stops and the 3rd rebound got knocked in like :30 later.
You mean our worst player of the playoffs by far and the one who's consistently shown the most questionable effort got burned? Not surprised by that at all.

zac is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:22 PM
  #240
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Why is there NEVER! any net presence on the PP? Really is one of the worst PP schemes on the planet, nothing but none screened shots from the point and passes that don't get though because everyone on the planet knows their coming. I guess putting someone like Bickell and having him plant himself in front of the net is too simplistic for this PP.
What they need:

-Constant net-front presence
-Leddy on the first unit
-Less perimiter passing
-Body position in the slot

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:23 PM
  #241
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 20,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The rookie and Hammer can't be our best players. Our leaders need to lead.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:23 PM
  #242
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
Call me crazy, but I think this game goes to OT.

TorMenT is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:23 PM
  #243
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
 
CS85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CS85
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Wings are playing very well for sure but this has been a very even game. The difference is the Hawk turnovers and their failures to clear the d zone when given the chance.

You are just reading into a bunch of **** you have no idea about. Sometimes two good teams play each other and one of them has to lose.
I'm just calling it like I see it. Blackhawks can't buy a goal right now, much less 2, and I feel like their sporadic and disorganized play stems from multiple issues.

Or maybe I'm just reading into a bunch of **** that I have no idea about.


CS85 is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:23 PM
  #244
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
It is pretty amazing how soft this team is (and I am not just talking physically). Maybe they would have been better served not coasting through the regular season and actually facing some adversity like the Red Wings did.
We are mentally soft. We lack players with attitude and will. Our guys have skill and can play hard, but we have too many quiet and reserved personalities. Not enough "get the **** away from my ****ing puck you piece of ****" type attitude.

zac is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:23 PM
  #245
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,330
vCash: 500
THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY 2m
No Blackhawk is over 50% in the circle

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:24 PM
  #246
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Call me crazy, but I think this game goes to OT.
I'll say OT or an epic tease. They won't go away quietly.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:24 PM
  #247
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
You mean our worst player of the playoffs by far and the one who's consistently shown the most questionable effort got burned? Not surprised by that at all.
I know you're massive dislike towards him, that's why I said I'm sure you're not surprised. I agree he has been bad all year and into the playoffs. I wasn't surprised either. I have said it to all my hockey friends at work that every time Seabrook is on the ice I'm nervous.

TorMenT is online now  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:25 PM
  #248
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 11,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
The rookie and Hammer can't be our best players. Our leaders need to lead.
toews and hossa seem far too willing to be passengers and just hope one of their passes finds a guy willing to grab the bull by the horns

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:25 PM
  #249
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
THE STATS GUY ‏@TH2NSTATSGUY 2m
No Blackhawk is over 50% in the circle
This is another big problem. I failed to mention they have a hard time entering on the PP, so winning faceoffs to create opportunities off the original setup is key.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
05-20-2013, 08:26 PM
  #250
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I'll say OT or an epic tease. They won't go away quietly.
They did last game.

deytookerjaabs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.